SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH happened I take a Claritin, sleuth is lil buddy now, nobody is talking, there's a secret magic room with no rules or guilt... Nurmi has disappeared... Is this the apocalypse?

[video=youtube;B9Wwxeq9sQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Wwxeq9sQI[/video]

I'd like to know what they thought about the survivor t-shirt.

Because I'm opposed to the death penalty, but I'm also a person who tries to follow instructions, and I can certainly imagine myself at least hypothetically trying to follow the jury instructions.

Showing the t-shirt is an aggravating factor. OK, I can't prove that 100%, but this person was convicted of premeditated first degree murder and aggravation largely with her own lies incriminating herself. She's showing the t-shirt to hurt and mock as many people as she can. She isn't providing proof of mitigation, but instead it's the opposite.

How do they not vote for death after the t-shirt? I'd settle for an answer to that and not challenge them on anything else.

No videos from me.

Just hahaha.

We no longer have a thread to discuss the trial?

moo

But why is he talking for the whole jury? I don't think he represent the jury at large at all? Where are the more reasonable voices on that jury? I can't wait until they speak up....they are probably just watching his whole circus show today...

Or they are decompressing... Which has been a great survival tool for this trial, weekends off! We have the luxury of stepping away... It's good stuff!:seeya:

Very sad decision by the Jury, but it dictated what in their hearts they felt they had to do. Does anyone know what this mini trial will encompass. I think the Judge needs to rein everyone one in. Impose time limits for testimony. We surely don't need Jodi on the stand for another 18 days. After this disastrous outcome and feeling I need to blame someone for this travesty, I am laying it all at the feet of the Judge. To h*ll with appellate issues. There are going to be appellate issues anyway. Get and maintain control of your courtroom, you are the deciding factor in how much BS the DT can present.

I've had such a headache from reading with allergy eyes... I fell asleep, when I woke up I saw the last post. Now I'm all:scared:, I don't think I posted anything bad but feel so guilty for some of my own thoughts...:facepalm: I said some funny things about nurmi.....but I always do:seeya:

I still have not seen the foreperson interview, I'm just not ready yet, I'm on hln ban for a while too!

Any good plans for the weekend? i.e. Please distract me with happy thoughts...:floorlaugh:

:skip: :skip: :skip:

Happy thoughts being sent your way! My plans are to stay away from anything to do with Jodi Arias. I'm going to spend time watching my favorite movies, maybe reading a book from the library, spend time with my family, and get some sleep!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all my US friends!

:skip: :skip: :skip:

Happy thoughts being sent your way! My plans are to stay away from anything to do with Jodi Arias. I'm going to spend time watching my favorite movies, maybe reading a book from the library, spend time with my family, and get some sleep!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all my US friends!

Thank you xoxo! If you liked the movie Big Fish, Daniel Wallace has a new book the kings and queens of roam... I keep trying to read only a few chapters in, it's good! I stay up reading threads so I fall asleep every night reading it...

JA's life will be no different at Perryville whether she gets Life or Death. From what I heard on this video, JA should be pleading for the death penalty to avoid what awaits the remaining days of her life.

Slight difference. With LWOP, after a few years she gets dumped into general population and there she'll learn what being treated like toilet paper really means and on DR she'll be so starved for attention that she'll wish there was someone around who'd treat her like toilet paper.

Unfortunately, she will still hold the key to what really happened in that bathroom. She said at one time, "Travis and I are the only people who know what really happened."

And remember she said Travis would forgive her and God would understand.

Close the gate on her, please.

But why is he talking for the whole jury? I don't think he represent the jury at large at all? Where are the more reasonable voices on that jury? I can't wait until they speak up....they are probably just watching his whole circus show today...

JMO, but I think he is speaking on behalf of the entire jury because he manipulated it to be this way ...

No doubt, being the foreman, he is an aggressive type of person -- and from what he has said in his interviews, I have no doubt he was manipulating deliberations to reflect his "personal beliefs" -- NOT the facts ...

His obvious "affection" for Jodi has me completey outraged ...

And he claims he did not know how much media focus was on this case -- Really ?

And then he says that Jodi was tried in the "court of public opinon" ? Now HOW does he know this IF he was NOT following the news on this case ?

He is making contradictory statements ... so I want him to keep talking and keep telling on himself ...

The 8 DP'ers need to come out and set the record straight ... like now !

:moo:

WTH happened I take a Claritin, sleuth is lil buddy now, nobody is talking, there's a secret magic room with no rules or guilt... Nurmi has disappeared... Is this the apocalypse?

Come see us...it's a good time :)

OMG. I am in absolute shock over this foreman and all 5+ of his interviews! I guess Jodi's jury prayers were answered with him at the helm.

His statement about Jodi being tried in the court of public opinion is ridiculous. She "courted" the media from day one and has done everything in her power to derail this trial.

JMO, but I think he is speaking on behalf of the entire jury because he manipulated it to be this way ...

No doubt, being the foreman, he is an aggressive type of person -- and from what he has said in his interviews, I have no doubt he was manipulating deliberations to reflect his "personal beliefs" -- NOT the facts ...

His obvious "affection" for Jodi has me completey outraged ...

And he claims he did not know how much media focus was on this case -- Really ?

And then he says that Jodi was tried in the "court of public opinon" ? Now HOW does he know this IF ?

He is making contradictory statements ... so I want him to keep talking and keep telling on himself ...

The 8 DP'ers need to come out and set the record straight ... like now !

I hope the 8 have some BALZ!

moo

Thank you xoxo! If you liked the movie Big Fish, Daniel Wallace has a new book the kings and queens of roam... I keep trying to read only a few chapters in, it's good! I stay up reading threads so I fall asleep every night reading it...

U crack me up! Your comment about making the sister from the Jeffrey Dahmer trial look like she just wanted a hug makes me lolol every time I think of it!! Sorry for the o/t

Me too! I can read her books over and over again. Have any new Poirots or Marples shown up yet? I know that "Curtain" is supposed to air but don't know when. Sad to say, I haven't paid attention to any TV except for this trial!

The last two I saw a couple of years ago were "Hallowe'en Party" and "Pocketful of Rye" - both excellent!

Hallowe'en Party really! :seeya: I always crave raisins thinking about that book! Is the snapdragon scene in it!!

I hope the 8 have some BALZ!

moo

:seeya: I hope so, too, PP ! The 8 have nothing to be ashamed of and someone needs to set the records straight ...

And there are only 8 people that can do that so one of them needs to come forward which will at least put some of this into some sort of perspective -- because what this foreman says does NOT match up with 12 jurors voting 1st D Pre-Med Murder and Extreme Cruelty -- it just does not match their final outcome.

JMO, but I do believe that they were intimated by the foreman -- the more he talks, the more he is showing his true colors ...

U crack me up! Your comment about making the sister from the Jeffrey Dahmer trial look like she just wanted a hug makes me lolol every time I think of it!! Sorry for the o/t

Yes, my friends say I'm very passionate...:blushing: things get funny when I'm mad, probably because its pretty close to the truth:floorlaugh:

Very, I read her other two immediately after! Good writer, good book, don't dig too much about it just read...:seeya:

Gone Girl. I just finished reading it too. It was one of those two-day-can't-put-it-down books. It's worth checking out for sure. A very good read.

I was actually astounded to find peeps here who knew Nick Cave/Bad Seeds and Tom Waits..I'm Canadian and saw them many times. Amazing memories! You guys are the BEST eclectic mix of folks I've ever come across.

I've gone down the very best path of memory lane here on the side bar because you play amazing things that make me snap my neck back in memory.

You all have made the last 2 days more bearable: Lil Buddy, Vivian Vance etc..great taste in music~

My Big Bang moment in music came with Elvis' 1954 version of "That's All right Mama" which set off rock-a-billy and then rock'rol and then rock with Led Zep. I love everything jazz, blues, gospel, rock, punk, pop, country

in honour of Jodi in 23 hr lockdown:

The Vilent Femmes: Blister in the Sun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x48g8_violent-femmes-blister-in-the-sun_music#.UaAxQ0CsiSo

<snipped for subject matter>

To clarify what the Sidebar is -

It is intended for case related discussion, so don't apologize for talking about the case! One night I came in here and saw nothing but music videos and what not. We're pretty lax about topical discussion here and it is okay to veer off topic, BUT...

There will be more no more "Trial threads" until July when court resumes. A trial thread is meant to follow that day's happenings in court. Court will be dark until July, so this is it folks. Except for topical threads. Feel free to generate a topical thread if there is something in particular you are interested in discussing. Be aware that all new threads in this forum have to be approved before they are opened. That is to ensure that we don't have parallel threads discussing the same topic.

At the risk of being sent into purgatory, not having a dedicated thread to discuss the trial seems rather abrupt. Only one juror has stepped forward; hopefully others will, and it would be helpful to have a thread to discuss what went right and what went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD