SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe this juror? Sounds like he has his own "issues." They will play out. He's chosen the limelight.

Sounds like he has Joditis.™

He's probably going to think about Travis more as time goes on, like every time he gets in his shower. Might even start imagining he sees the Jodi in his bathroom. Samuels will be happy to send him a self-help book.

:seeya: I agree ...

Here's what I don't get : IF they had a question, all they had to do was go back in and ask ...

Juan made it very clear in his closing in the penalty phase what "life" meant -- I'm trying to remember here -- I'm going to have to go back and listen or find it on here ...

Obviously, jury foreman paid no attention to Mr. Martinez because he felt like Mr. Martinez was talking down to him ...

Sounds to me like this foreman has some "issues" ...

Pfffttt ... how dare this foreman bash Mr. Martinez !

:moo:

BBM...This I agree with: Unsure, confused, have a question---Ask.

Call the ER. Dont want to scare you but some spider bites are dangerous.

No worries! :facepalm: Neighbor looked its not a bite, not oozing or red. Just a bump, going to take an aspirin, and a tubby! It's just in the perfect storm of a spot I couldn't see it no matter all the mirrors and gadgets in the world, my giant head kept getting in the way!:blushing: luckily my neighbors are night owls too.
Thanks for the input everyone! :seeya:

I dont become annoyed anymore at people who are fooled by jodi. No matter what they think or say, jodi will suffer for what she did. Thats whats important. If she gets the death penalty, she will live a isolated, lonely, miserable life in a cell until she dies. If she gets life, she goes to max security. She will live a isolated, lonely, miserable life in a cell until she dies. It will be nothing like she described to the jury in court. Someone lied to her. Shes in for a big surprise.

I am seriously stunned re: jury foreperson's comments...even more so than the hung jury. Obviously, he didn't see her as a extremely manipulative lying destructive person in general - before Travis, much less after.

Can some people not see how different the Jodi's and KC's of the world are?

Quite a few of his sentiments really disturbed me but especially this "normal Jodi" until she met Travis?!???!!!!!!! I just have no words....

I'm especially disappointed and heartbroken for the Alexanders. First no sentencing for who knows how long (there's no way in he_l this is going to start in July) and then the sting of this man's comments about Travis (and Jodi for that matter).

To top it all off, he minimizes the fact that she went on a diva media tour yet critiques the general public for our vitriol (sp.?)??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in shock.

"We just didn't know it was going to be called a mistrial," Zervakos, 69, said outside his Phoenix home. Whether the jury just had another question for the judge or a verdict, he added, "was a confusing issue."

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2359903

BBM
WTH does this mean?
Either the jury has a question or they do not. Either the jury has reached a verdict or they have not or they have agreed they cannot. What is so confusing about that?

The Foreman in his interviews says expected that by coming back with being dead locked the last time that Jodi would get a life sentence by the judge. He is claiming he had no idea it would be a mistrial.

I wonder if this is an appeal issue? Perhaps the DT will spin it that the jury really meant to give "life" and so the DP shouldn't be on the table. I truly wish this guy would hush...smh.:banghead:

I dont become annoyed anymore at people who are fooled by jodi. No matter what they think or say, jodi will suffer for what she did. Thats whats important. If she gets the death penalty, she will live a isolated, lonely, miserable life in a cell until she dies. If she gets life, she goes to max security. She will live a isolated, lonely, miserable life in a cell until she dies. It will be nothing like she described to the jury in court. Someone lied to her. Shes in for a big surprise.

I also think about the things she will never be able to do. She will never go on another date with a man, she will never get married or have children, she will never lie in a proper comfy bed with mattress, duvet, squishy pillows ... or sit in an armchair watching TV at home, she will never cook dinner in her own kitchen, she will never go to a restaurant, play, film, festival, she will never drive a car or go on another roadtrip, she will never go on a shopping trip for clothes, make-up, shoes, she will never lay on a beach, swim in the sea/a pool (they don't have pools in prison do they?), she'll never go on an aeroplane, never go for a walk in the snow, or go hiking, or stand anywhere and have a view of beautiful countryside. She will never travel to another country (all those 'Europe' plans down the pan - which is good, cos we don't want her lol!) ..... all she has for the remainder of her days, however long that may be, is prison garb and cell walls. She will grow old in prison, her looks are already on the slippery slope and will be gone soon enough - and let's face it, they have been her main trading currency up till now.

Once all this hullabaloo dies now she will become yesterday's news. That is already happening and other trials, cases and events are taking precedence. Soon enough she will fade away into obscurity. People will grow tired of hearing about her, or have any interest in what she says or does.

The one thing I don't like about the retrial of the penalty phase is that she will get to parade around again in the courtroom, on TV etc and we'll all be back here talking about her again .. which I am certain is what she loves.

"We just didn't know it was going to be called a mistrial," Zervakos, 69, said outside his Phoenix home. Whether the jury just had another question for the judge or a verdict, he added, "was a confusing issue."

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2359903

BBM
WTH does this mean?
Either the jury has a question or they do not. Either the jury has reached a verdict or they have not or they have agreed they cannot. What is so confusing about that?

Could it be :back:?

The Foreman put the dead lock on the Verdict form instead of the form he needed to the first time he had a question becuase in my opinion becuase as he has said in his interview, he felt that by being dead locked she would automatically get LIFE by the judge so therefore it's a verdict for life. Instead of following the directions.

It sounded really bizarre didn't it? First it was a question, then they saw it was a Verdict form so get everyone in we have a verdict. Then when it was read off it was a complete garbled mess becuase it was not read to say that they unanimously undecided. It's a form to read for the death penalty or for a life sentence.

I personally think the Foreman through his interviews was the 1 dead lock on 2nd degree murder, finally went with giving her 1st degree, did not agree on felony and refused to give her the death penalty. MOO though.

It's a frightening theory but not implausible until we get more information. How would the polling of the jurors fit in? Couldn't one have said, "no, I didn't agree to a verdict yet". After all, they were polled twice before at verdict time. Wouldn't they have a clue by then? Did they know it was a verdict form?

No worries! :facepalm: Neighbor looked its not a bite, not oozing or red. Just a bump, going to take an aspirin, and a tubby! It's just in the perfect storm of a spot I couldn't see it no matter all the mirrors and gadgets in the world, my giant head kept getting in the way!:blushing: luckily my neighbors are night owls too.
Thanks for the input everyone! :seeya:

Im glad to hear it. What I did not say before was I met a lady in San Diego last year who almost died of a spider bite. Im sure those from the San Diego area knows the particular spider Im talking about.

Thanks for gathering all of the foreman interviews.

He seems very empathic. That's a great trait, but JMO, it did him in a bit here. It almost felt as if he were looking at arias like a character in a novel; a medium where everyone's motivations are often clear and singular.

I share the understandably unpopular opinion that Travis used arias and could be unkind, which doubtlessly played a role in her planning his death, but I absolutely disagree she seemed "normal" (whatever that means) before meeting him. The type of narcissism she displays in interviews and on the stand isn't birthed over night, and it's certainly not the product of "mental abuse" (not during the adult years, anyway).

That the foreman described Martinez as "merciless" is very telling. He said arias was emotionally abused AND has mental problems. He likely saw her as being victimized on the stand. THAT I take issue with. Maybe it's because I have the benefit of Youtube to follow the trial and highlights, but wow did she ever hold her own. Sure, he got her on soem points that really matter, but just in the back and forth, she was great.

As far as Martinez speaking to them like they're stupid, no more than the defence. It's an unsavoury part of the trial. Both sides at times fought for points that I thought were reaching (arias more than the state), but alas, c'est la vie.

No no! Lets not panic, I don't have a fever, it's just uncomfortable. I do have a headache but this trial did that. Worst case scenario I can run over to the neighbors! No worrying!!:seeya:

I had about 15 witness interviews this week and now I have PINK EYE. I just keep regretting not using my hand sanitizer after every handshake because I didn't want to be offensive...and then I think of someone else's microbes in my eye and...:scared:

Between Mr. Foreman and my swollen lid and bright red eye I am NOT happy...I don't think Det. Flores would want me like this (*grawl!)

Here's hoping we both get well soon!

I wonder if the Alexander family is aware of the above. She wont be doing any of the things she said in court. She wont be turning the prison into her playpen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagnoliaGRL