SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the Judge still do that if the JF turned in a VERDICT FORM claiming they couldn't agree? I don't think so - Not even in the State of Arizona.

Edit: JMO

i just know from atty's taking on tv, but most said they had juries that said they were hung and the judge has sent them back 2 or 3 times, and that the judge usualy doesn't declare mistrial b4 5 days - warning this is from TH's, but i do know this true in california where i live

I'm just wondering if Juan had caught on to Juror 18 (Foreman) during the trial. Does anyone think that he knew Juror 18 was "against" him. I think Flores probably watched the jury. I dont know...I'm still confused as to how Juan let this guy onto the jury!!! I can tell from him talking for just 2 minutes that he's full of himself and...I'll stop there so I don't get in trouble.

The son is just like him....trying to "defend" his father while at the same time loving the publicity obviously! He (the son) gets to do twitter chats and everything about a trial HE was not even in...only the father but now suddenly the son is milking it too??

Don't be surprised if the FIRST one with a book deal is Mr. Foreman....

Yeah, well I ain't that weak. 13 hours? The case deserved more. Anybody too wuss to deliberate and grind it out shoulda said so up front.

I saw what Travis took, I think his fam are going to take it and suffer forever. Ask them in 30 years if it goes away, I can tell you it don't - 13 hours don't cut it.

I think when JA heard that question she must of figured that if she said yes the jury would know she was lying through her teeth. She had no intention of ever getting caught. But if she said no they would know what an un-remorseful murderer she was. So she said she didn't know. Which was a lie. She knew damn well that if she could have gotten away with it she would have happily. That was the plan all along. She had nearly 6 weeks to turn herself in if she was going to. Instead, even when asked point blank she told one bold faced lie after another. Does that sound like a person that would have even considered turning herself in?

Yea I get ya. She is so weird. There have to be other people who have caught her in lies throughout her life...I'm sure she's been doing it her whole life. I'm sure there are friends, teachers, employers, the list goes on and on. I'm very surprised that HLN hasn't dug up any of these people.

I'd be very interested in hearing about all the disasters she's gotten herself into because of lying since her teen years, probably even before that.

I'm just wondering if Juan had caught on to Juror 18 (Foreman) during the trial. Does anyone think that he knew Juror 18 was "against" him. I think Flores probably watched the jury. I dont know...I'm still confused as to how Juan let this guy onto the jury!!! I can tell from him talking for just 2 minutes that he's full of himself and...I'll stop there so I don't get in trouble.

The son is just like him....trying to "defend" his father while at the same time loving the publicity obviously! He (the son) gets to do twitter chats and everything about a trial HE was not even in...only the father but now suddenly the son is milking it too??

Don't be surprised if the FIRST one with a book deal is Mr. Foreman....

I don't know about a book deal but he may be in deep doo-doo with JM. That is my opinion

I think this is a new video with Juror #16 with KPHO Phoenix:

http://www.kpho.com/story/22428063/arias-juror-no-16-says-she-feels-relieved-satisfied

Let's listen together and can someone file this upstairs? Thanks!

She clearly states they deliberate and it gets heated at times....so WTF is the foreman claiming that they all stated thier vote and we did not try to change anyone's view?
Lol....sounds like they were all heated towards him and he wanted to quash that notion to the public.....

i just know from atty's taking on tv, but most said they had juries that said they were hung and the judge has sent them back 2 or 3 times, and that the judge usualy doesn't declare mistrial b4 5 days - warning this is from TH's, but i do know this true in california where i live

OMG - I used to live in that place. Arizona law is very different, you must understand. The Court gave the jurors a Question Form and a Verdict Form. The guy that was somehow elected as the foreperson turned in the "Verdict" form stating they could not agree. Therefore, the nonverdict verdict.

Doesn't matter - The Jury Foreman himself said they DID NOT DELIBERATE. That was his choice. IMO

no - he never said they did not deliberate, he said they did but came to an early impasse between the jurors, which makes sense, it was their 3rd time deliberating, and the other jurors that are talking now are saying the same thing - cuz remember there is an M1 conviction and a cruelty conviction, and if the forman comes under any accusations about what happened in the jury room during the penalty phase, it could put all the convictions in jeopardy - imo

IMO more info from other jurors is needed before I can judge what was done. Did all the jurors know they were handing in a non-unanimous verdict or did they think they were asking a question or for help?

I don't think that anybody has been interviewing that has asked that question directly.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about a book deal but he may be in deep doo-doo with JM. That is my opinion

Can't you just picture Juan, as he's watching Foreman's interview, just sitting there rolling his eyes!!! Like, no, that's not what the LAW states. Come on! Then he proceeds to say out loud the law for the mitigation phases from his encyclopedic brain. LOL! "And you couldn't even figure THAT out???". LOL! "Even ALV could have figured THAT out"....hahahaha.

I did get the one shot of Juan when the court person was polling the jurors, where he had his chin in his hand and looked VERY annoyed, and he was looking straight ahead. And then Juror 6 on GMA said that she felt so bad about the result, and she looked at the prosecution table and they weren't even looking at them, and she felt so bad! I think Juan should have at least looked at them, 'cause that does look kinda bad if he didn't even acknowledge them in the end. I don't know, though...but that's what Juror 6 said so I'm assuming it's true. On the tape I couldn't tell, though, 'cause it just showed him at one point...but it was during polling of jurors so I would think he would have looked at them then if he had WANTED to. IMO, he didn't want to.

She clearly states they deliberate and it gets heated at times....so WTF is the foreman claiming that they all stated thier vote and we did not try to change anyone's view?
Lol....sounds like they were all heated towards him and he wanted to quash that notion to the public.....

BBM - No, she never said they deliberated. JMO

Can't you just picture Juan, as he's watching Foreman's interview, just sitting there rolling his eyes!!! Like, no, that's not what the LAW states. Come on! Then he proceeds to say out loud the law for the mitigation phases from his encyclopedic brain. LOL! "And you couldn't even figure THAT out???". LOL! "Even ALV could have figured THAT out"....hahahaha.

I did get the one shot of Juan when the court person was polling the jurors, where he had his chin in his hand and looked VERY annoyed, and he was looking straight ahead. And then Juror 6 on GMA said that she felt so bad about the result, and she looked at the prosecution table and they weren't even looking at them, and she felt so bad! I think Juan should have at least looked at them, 'cause that does look kinda bad if he didn't even acknowledge them in the end. I don't know, though...but that's what Juror 6 said so I'm assuming it's true. On the tape I couldn't tell, though, 'cause it just showed him at one point...but it was during polling of jurors so I would think he would have looked at them then if he had WANTED to. IMO, he didn't want to.

Good Lord Willing - The next jury pool will get it right.....:please:

no - he never said they did not deliberate, he said they did but came to an early impasse between the jurors, which makes sense, it was their 3rd time deliberating, and the other jurors that are talking now are saying the same thing - cuz remember there is an M1 conviction and a cruelty conviction, and if the forman comes under any accusations about what happened in the jury room during the penalty phase, it could put all the convictions in jeopardy - imo

He did say that he never questioned any of the juror's decisions. They never even talked about trying to agree on SOMETHING. He knew how he felt and by Gawd, he wasn't going to be swayed by any other juror IMO. He also said that the jurors were "mere mortals and not attorneys" and how should they be held responsible for sending someone to death unless, of course, they were Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer.....Remember that?

JMO

i did find this yesterday - a woman in perryville died 2 years ago because she was left outside in a cage to long and died of heat stroke - so bet JA is in for a big wake up call
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/related/to/Perryville/

Didn't click but GOOD for her - She didn't kill herself did she, like that Perryville woman claimed? What is the temperature getting up to right about now for CMA? :floorlaugh:

I listened to the polling of the jurors after the "no verdict" verdict to see if I could hear the strength or weakness that might indicate who voted which way. Has anyone else done this? I have two that are too close to call in their voice... 2 and 4. My guess for life was between 3,4,12,14,18. I think 3 voted life for sure. Anyway, if this is against rules, sorry mods, you can delete.

I can only come up with three so far who may have voted for LIFE.

Juror #1 "Church Lady"
We know there is at least one women who voted for life. Three of the other four women (3, 6 and 16) were seen as the only jurors sobbing right after it was announced in court that the jury could not reach unanimity. We know #6 and #16 voted for the DP.

Juror #9 "Willie"
This choice is based on an unconfirmed rumor on Twitter. Someone tweeted that a friend of his said that he voted for (or would vote for) life.

Juror #18 "The Artist"
I think almost everyone agrees the foreperson definitely voted for life.

So who is the 4th juror?

It could be the only woman left other than #1 -- namely Juror #3, as you suggested. Since 4 and 14 are older men like the foreman, your guess is as good as any I can come up with.

As for your other possibility (Juror #12), I defer to you because I have no opinion on "Neil". Some WSers were concerned about him initially, but became less so as the trial progressed.

Juror Marilou Allen-Coogan: "Mitigating circumstances are very personal. It's not something that has to be proven by the defendant. It's something you feel based on your past, your conscience, your thought process and your heart that could warrant leniency and mercy," said Allen-Coogan.

I would love to know where she got this from - mitigating circumstances are something you feel. I remember a post where an attorney (I believe) said they do not want jurors who say "I feel"; they want jurors who say "I think"!

I think this is a new video with Juror #16 with KPHO Phoenix:

http://www.kpho.com/story/22428063/arias-juror-no-16-says-she-feels-relieved-satisfied

Let's listen together and can someone file this upstairs? Thanks!

BBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm sorry...that sentence just struck me as too funny. First of all, not many people "transport a set of kitchen knives" from place to place...lol! they mostly just stay in the umm....the kitchen...yea...I think that place called the kitchen. Secondly, YES IT IS RELEVANT that she was "transporting kitchen knives" considering she had just USED A KNIFE to brutally stab and nearly decapitate someone. Sheesh.

:seeya:
When one is transporting kitchen knives, it is also normal to have them packed in a box of books.
:floorlaugh:
Also, when one is transporting a gun, one should assume the best place for it would be taped to the engine of car.
:floorlaugh:

I see me having fun with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members