SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I answered to the best of my knowledge above ..

Thank you Mrs G Norris for information.

Do you happen to know who is the person that sits next to Donovan at the trial....looks like her?

Could that person be the one posting for FJA? That would make Donovan look innocent!

It's like telling your best friend who's dying that you'll give him a kidney....and waiting till you get to the OR to announce you're afraid it's gonna hurt so you back out! Seriously folks...death penalty qualified means you agree that for some crimes, the death penalty is necessary. :facepalm:

Exactly. Death qualified means that the person would be able to hand down a death verdict if they saw fit. They don't qualify that though. I think it's reasonable for some to be on one end of the spectrum, where everyone who is convicted of M1 gets the DP, while only the worst of the worst do, like serial killers or pedophiles.

Wow, that's what got Juror 5 kicked off the jury? Unbelievable how the DT ran this trial right from day one. No wonder she was upset.

Someone posted that here or on FB just after it happened. Makes one wonder how on earth a throwaway statement like that filtered allllllll the way back to the DT if a juror didn't carry it.

:rolleyes:

i know, but i guess it is just making me very sad that ppl feel the need to actually threaten him and harass him so badly because they don't agree. go to a discussion board, or talk to your friends, or even comments on on news articles to tell ppl you don't agree w/ the man, but going after him and his family in a personal way is just wrong

I did not know that was happening.

The DT ran with this because some media person told them!

Ahhh, was just wondering how it got there.

Why would the media person tell the DT and no one else?

I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist so I'm gonna stop now.

this reminded me of an old joke:

do you really want your fate decided by 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty?

just a joke, people. not saying i agree with it.

down here, it USED to be voter registration rolls is where they got jurors. but tragically, with so few people who even bother to register to vote, it had to be expanded by making it anyone with a DL. that changed the pool of prospective jurors immensely!

New York State uses tax returns as well. So many people in NYC don't drive, so they use whatever they can.

Exactly. Death qualified means that the person would be able to hand down a death verdict if they saw fit. They don't qualify that though. I think it's reasonable for some to be on one end of the spectrum, where everyone who is convicted of M1 gets the DP, while only the worst of the worst do, like serial killers or pedophiles.

there must be a lot of questions about this in voir dire, though. if you're trying a case with a defendant who's accused of killing one person, but a prospective juror only thinks the DP is applicable in mass killings or serial killings, then that seems very relevant to me. i'd really love to know what questions were asked.

Ahhh, was just wondering how it got there.

Why would the media person tell the DT and no one else?

I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist so I'm gonna stop now.

Well, Keifer, being close to and in contact with the DT, knows they feel this person is a problem. So, he's on high alert with her and listens to anything and everything that may help the DT in getting her removed. He hears it, or gets wind of it, reports it back to the DT and they work on getting her removed.

I could be way off. Just throwing that around. You guys can delete if this is inappropriate.

DONOVAN!! Are we really giving this ambiguous person the time and consideration as if she is someone important?

IMOO this is one of the reasons I wonder why these cases must be televised. I truly feel EVERYBODY involved in a case like this should have the privacy a profound act of murder warrants.
Jurors need not be concerned as to how they are portrayed, Attorneys could just do their job without grandstanding, defendants would not be put on the witness stand to testify for 2 months, Families of both sides would not have to be viewed at their worse possible moments....and most of all we would not have to listen to JC, NG, JVM among so many others dissect EVERY word. Jean c would not have to concern her little brain as to what a jurors BODY language might be telling her, and the jurors would come to their decision without the possibility of being vilified if they vote against public opinion.

I think the Foreman comes off like a pompous a$$, but why he or anyone else voted the way they did does not need to be justified by endless interviews.
These cases have a way of turning into a Team event. This is Life and Death folks--Televising trials have taken the dignity out of the Justice System---IMOO!

DONOVAN! Yea she is really important, ugh!

Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day weekend. Heard this in a store today and thought some of you might like it:

Bobby Brown - My Prerogative - YouTube

I am not ashamed to say that I saw New Edition in concert a million years ago and also not ashamed to say as soon as he went out on his own, I bought the CASSETTE lol and played it completely out.

I still remember all the lyrics to "My Prerogative," "Rock Witchoo," lol "Don't Be Cruel," "Every Little Step," and "Roni."

I also dated a guy at the time specifically because he was cute as h$ll and could dance just like Bobbbbbbbby.

Shallow youth. What can I tell you.:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member