SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I haven't been on this thread today and no way I can catch up just now. I just want to write down my thoughts on the 'relationship' between Travis and JA. It feels like I'm the only one in the whole world who thinks like this :(

By the way, I'm not trying to make Travis into a saint just because he was brutally murdered. Obviously he did not deserve it he had his good and bad sides as we all do.

Having said that, I believe (from everything I've read and seen) that Travis treated JA better than most people in her life. (I think Brewer was very nice to her as well). He met her. Intense sparks very quickly on both sides. Travis saw someone who was very attractive (back then), articulate, attentive to him etc. JA, of course, found a goldmine. She had never met someone who had it all: youth, good looks, success, religion (not that she was sincerely interested but Mormons are a good prey). Throughout their time together Travis shared his food and apartment (at times) with her, took her on long trips, tried teaching her about the Mormon faith, complemented her frequently on her looks and all (I think he wanted to help her self-esteem which was high anyway)

I think Travis soon realized that JA was superficial and had a very hollow personality. Nevertheless the physical attraction was strong. I believe he was very clear about his feelings for her. Her told he and she darn well knew it. Of course, she wouldn't let go. I don't believe Travis was the one who kept their sexual relationship going. She did to use as an excuse to keep in touch with him. I can imagine JA saying a million times “Travis, we know we’re made for each other even physically. It’s so sexy when you....’ blah, blah, blah. And Travis saying “Ok, JA, we can have sex, you know I think you’re so hot but I don’t think we should ever get back together” And so it continued. I think he treated her very well. Almost no one else really cared about her.

I don’t believe he ever called her names unless she was snooping, stalking, lying about those things etc. Serious offences! Most people would have kicked JA out of their lives but Travis was much too innocent and naïve. I don’t think he had it in him to do that. The closest he came was in May of 2008 but we have evidence that JA (I believe uninvited) visited him on June 3,2008. Innocent Travis. Even if Travis had kicked her out of his life for good she would have still murdered him. She was much too obsessed with the once in a lifetime goldmine that she had found. There are many men who are young, rich, successful but to also be naïve? That’s a rare combination of desirable qualities.
Travis died on June 4, 2008 knowing he had been so kind and good to Jodi. If he had even a moment to think about why she stabbing him I think the only feeling he would have had is one of confusion. ‘WHY ME?’

Great post Rose - I couldn't agree with you more especially when it comes to Travis Alexander being unable/unwilling to see Jodi Arias for who she really was/is until that fateful day in June 2008 when she unleashed the full force of her hateful, toxic, twisted, evil, murderous rage on him.

Blessings to you and yours - this has been a really difficult trial to follow as closely as we all have - I am still recovering from the shock of the jury getting hung up during the penalty phase causing a mistrial. In time there will be a resolution to the question of whether she will be sentenced to die in prison from natural causes or by lethal injection.

It takes a real psycho to be friendly to you for hours on end and then murder you so savagely once they have put you in a vulnerable position and it was convenient for them. No normal person does this.

OMG, when I hit play my dog Winston went crazy. This dog barks at the TV when a doorbell rings or someone knocks on the door. One time we were watching Marley and Me and he sat there for the whole move watching.
Winston Watching Marley and Me.

Wondering if Winston took any notes and tried out things he saw Marley do?

I have a cat with a thing for NeNe !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369763295196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369763295196.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 21
Wondering if Winston took any notes and tried out things he saw Marley do?

I have a cat with a thing for NeNe !

Are you kidding? Marley was an amateur. Winston could teach him a thing or two.

FYI, Best way to get a question to AZLawyer is to post it in the dedicated thread for legal questions as she goes there often.

This has probably been referenced here before but I missed it till now. I found it interesting, insightful and relevant.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/i-am-a-sociopath-and-perhaps-you-might-be-too-20130522-2k0qy.html

Snipped from that article: "a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others"

Does that not describe Jodi and her reactions to a T? Can't help but think of her emotional reaction including her hand over her mouth when she found out that since they couldn't get to a unanimous verdict that SOMEone on the jury obviously wanted her put to death -- contrast that to the pain and absolute agony of the Alexander family to forever have the photos of Travis' brutal death. Sorry Jodi, the Alexander family wins hands down. Every time.

Bengals are so cool! Does yours love water and to be held upside down?

Well, this is interesting. Yes, he does like the bathtub, he MUST be there in the bathroom when we shower, and he's always knocking over my water glass to spill it on the table. I thought these were his personal quirks.

I didn't know I had a Bengal? I got him from the humane society when he was three years old. He had been an un-neutered alley cat until the city pound picked him up. Most affectionate and social cat I've ever had--but I though he was a plain old European short hair with pretty tabby stripes.

Now I'm confused.

Hellooo. Been totally neglecting WS the past few days forgive me? :please: anything new that I have missed?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, this is interesting. Yes, he does like the bathtub, he MUST be there in the bathroom when we shower, and he's always knocking over my water glass to spill it on the table. I thought these were his personal quirks.

I didn't know I had a Bengal? I got him from the humane society when he was three years old. He had been an un-neutered alley cat until the city pound picked him up. Most affectionate and social cat I've ever had--but I though he was a plain old European short hair with pretty tabby stripes.

Now I'm confused.

I think you may have a Bengal ;)

Sadly, he probably didn't need to be neutered, males are sterile.

Hello all. I haven't been on this thread today and no way I can catch up just now. I just want to write down my thoughts on the 'relationship' between Travis and JA. It feels like I'm the only one in the whole world who thinks like this :(

By the way, I'm not trying to make Travis into a saint just because he was brutally murdered. Obviously he did not deserve it he had his good and bad sides as we all do.

Having said that, I believe (from everything I've read and seen) that Travis treated JA better than most people in her life. (I think Brewer was very nice to her as well). He met her. Intense sparks very quickly on both sides. Travis saw someone who was very attractive (back then), articulate, attentive to him etc. JA, of course, found a goldmine. She had never met someone who had it all: youth, good looks, success, religion (not that she was sincerely interested but Mormons are a good prey). Throughout their time together Travis shared his food and apartment (at times) with her, took her on long trips, tried teaching her about the Mormon faith, complemented her frequently on her looks and all (I think he wanted to help her self-esteem which was high anyway)

I think Travis soon realized that JA was superficial and had a very hollow personality. Nevertheless the physical attraction was strong. I believe he was very clear about his feelings for her. Her told he and she darn well knew it. Of course, she wouldn't let go. I don't believe Travis was the one who kept their sexual relationship going. She did to use as an excuse to keep in touch with him. I can imagine JA saying a million times “Travis, we know we’re made for each other even physically. It’s so sexy when you....’ blah, blah, blah. And Travis saying “Ok, JA, we can have sex, you know I think you’re so hot but I don’t think we should ever get back together” And so it continued. I think he treated her very well. Almost no one else really cared about her.

I don’t believe he ever called her names unless she was snooping, stalking, lying about those things etc. Serious offences! Most people would have kicked JA out of their lives but Travis was much too innocent and naïve. I don’t think he had it in him to do that. The closest he came was in May of 2008 but we have evidence that JA (I believe uninvited) visited him on June 3,2008. Innocent Travis. Even if Travis had kicked her out of his life for good she would have still murdered him. She was much too obsessed with the once in a lifetime goldmine that she had found. There are many men who are young, rich, successful but to also be naïve? That’s a rare combination of desirable qualities.
Travis died on June 4, 2008 knowing he had been so kind and good to Jodi. If he had even a moment to think about why she stabbing him I think the only feeling he would have had is one of confusion. ‘WHY ME?’

To the contrary, Rose, I think a lot of people see the relationship the same as you did (that's a compliment) :)

I think most of us have had somebody in our lives who wasn't good for us at some point, but whatever we were drawn to... sex, looks, status, etc... was too powerful to walk away from. Everybody has a vice. Travis did not indulge in alcohol, drugs, gambling... I think sex/women may have possibly been his vice.

As others have stated, I think that Travis talked dirty to Jodi because Jodi talked dirty to him. I personally wasn't offended by it... it was embarrassing to listen to because it makes us voyeurs, but certainly nothing that was so over the top that it implied abuse. It was proven in court that they both were in to it.

It was very easy for me to see that the angry texts were related to a specific incident(s). He was clearly provoked by her. Sadly, we'll never know exactly what they were. But I firmly believe that it was a combination of her psychopathy/obsession AND preservation from whatever it was that Travis figured out, that lead to his murder.

I too scratch my head as to why a few jurors believed mental/emotional/possible some physical abuse. JA is the only person saying it existed and they discounted just about everything else she said. So why believe any of that? The only explanation I can see for any of them believing it, is that they are uncomfortable believing that people are capable of evil for no good reason (especially women). Some people need to have a definitive answer and in most cases it just doesn't exist.

You don't premeditate a mistake

You mean like borrowing/buying gas cans? It makes me sick to hear Travis being brutally murdered referred to as "after Travis passed away" or an "incident". It was a slaughter.

Hellooo. Been totally neglecting WS the past few days forgive me? :please: anything new that I have missed?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
*cough* *drums fingers* *wonders what the AWOL excuse is* Anything you'd like to tell us Miss Josie?

For my TruTv/HLN friends found this at Target and thought of y'all

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369764879973.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369764879973.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online