Sidebar Discussion #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Mr. Baez is not all about the money, as others participants in the trail who rushed to be first to write a book, using it to further their career, seem to be? Perhaps he wrote "Presumed Guilty" to get the truth out?

Also, he may have done more signings; I stated as far as I knew, the Coral Gables signing at Books and Books was his only one.

So, with all the promoting that the Mr. Baez has not done, the sales of his book versus the sales of the heavily promoted one written by that other guy, are pretty good.

BBM
If Jose only did one book signing, that could mean he wasn't too interested in promoting his book. Did he believe that it would be a waste of time or was he too busy to promote his book to the fullest?

I thought Mr. Baez did a great deal of book promoting - despite his very quiet Coral Gables book signing location but selling less than 2000 books in the first two months isn't very good at all.IMO Novelrank shows a total of 155 books sold in August and 162 Kindles - not exactly star numbers.

Perhaps Mr. Baez is not all about the money, as others participants in the trail who rushed to be first to write the book it to further their career, seem to be? Perhaps he wrote "Presumed Guilty" to get the truth out?

Also, he may have done more signings; I stated as far as I knew, the Coral Gables signing at Books and Books was his only one.

So, with all the promoting that the Mr. Baez has not done, the sales of his book versus the sales of the heavily promoted one written by that other guy, are pretty good.

I think there is a thread disscussing the all of the mis truths he had in his book, so that could not have been his reason for writing it. Anyway you dont go on nationally televised MSM interviews to discuss a book you dont want to sell.

Perhaps Mr. Baez is not all about the money, as others participants in the trail who rushed to be first to write a book, using it to further their career, seem to be? Perhaps he wrote "Presumed Guilty" to get the truth out?

With all due respect, if he'd wanted to get the truth out, he would have provided a timeline of events consistent with the known and undisputed evidence.

I like Brad Conway's assessment of Jose Baez' book-
" The Baez book is pure fiction with a little fantasy thrown in"
and " reading Baez' book is like having a root canal without anesthesia, surrounded by a dozen clinically insane Baez fans! ugh!"
Of course Conway is not unbiased,but he does know of Baez' lack of ethics from experience , having found it necessary to file a complaint to the Fla Bar regarding his outright lies to the court that tried to involve Conway. The truth is as a much a stranger to Baez as it is to his client.

I like Brad Conway's assessment of Jose Baez' book-
" The Baez book is pure fiction with a little fantasy thrown in"
and " reading Baez' book is like having a root canal without anesthesia, surrounded by a dozen clinically insane Baez fans! ugh!"
Of course Conway is not unbiased,but he does know of Baez' lack of ethics from experience , having found it necessary to file a complaint to the Fla Bar regarding his outright lies to the court that tried to involve Conway. The truth is as a much a stranger to Baez as it is to his client.

Anyone who's been on here for a few years might remember that I used to defend JB. People would say he was the worst lawyer in the world; I would say no, he's inexperienced and obviously terrified to have the whole world watching him, and he covers for it with fake confidence. People would say he was unethical; I would say no, he's doing his job and that motion is a good one, if poorly written. I would point out that lots and lots of lawyers have not-so-great courtroom and writing skills; you just don't normally see them on television.

Then he started doing things that made my stomach turn, and I couldn't defend him any more. :(

Anyone who's been on here for a few years might remember that I used to defend JB. People would say he was the worst lawyer in the world; I would say no, he's inexperienced and obviously terrified to have the whole world watching him, and he covers for it with fake confidence. People would say he was unethical; I would say no, he's doing his job and that motion is a good one, if poorly written. I would point out that lots and lots of lawyers have not-so-great courtroom and writing skills; you just don't normally see them on television.

Then he started doing things that made my stomach turn, and I couldn't defend him any more. :(

I do remember that - and used to think - oh okay - I can think that - then okay - I guess, then like you - no - now he's gone too far - and his drowning statement (never mind the accusations about George) during the O/S really did it for me. All those people he and his private detectives harrassed, all of that nastiness about hiding Caylee's body, moving her body, and on and on for three years and then this??? Not one redeeming fact left for me. None. I also believe while he got himself some 15 minutes of fame, he pretty much shoveled his own criminal defense lawyer career into the garbage can.

I do remember that - and used to think - oh okay - I can think that - then okay - I guess, then like you - no - now he's gone too far - and his drowning statement (never mind the accusations about George) during the O/S really did it for me. All those people he and his private detectives harrassed, all of that nastiness about hiding Caylee's body, moving her body, and on and on for three years and then this??? Not one redeeming fact left for me. None. I also believe while he got himself some 15 minutes of fame, he pretty much shoveled his own criminal defense lawyer career into the garbage can.

The minute he started to blame Kronk.....that did it for me. jmo

I had an immediate reaction in my gut that Jose Baez was a morally bankrupt, inept, light-in-the-law, lazy lawyer from the get go. He proved me right with his first interview.

There was, IIRC, a Home Depot video mentioned in one of the OSCO files, but Cindy and George were the ones in the video, so there was no point in introducing it into evidence.

That might of been when George bought the bags of concrete for laying that new walkway. I think George said it took fourteen bags and he was proud to of done it all himself.

Now you have to admit he was correct in saying Caylee's body was hidden and moved. He just didn't add it was by his client.

No I can't give Jose a pass on any of this.

That might of been when George bought the bags of concrete for laying that new walkway. I think George said it took fourteen bags and he was proud to of done it all himself.

I believe it was 27 bags, and this "project" was just more bizarre behavior from the A's, all done during the 30 days that none of the A's alerted anyone that Caylee was "missing".

JA was all over this during GA's depo, and GA squirmed like a worm during the entire subject matter. GA would.not.just.answer.the.questions - the entire time GA just runs his mouth about anything but the answer to JA's questions, and when he uses his patent "as a matter of fact" you know a big whopper is about to leave his mouth. JA tried to pin him down, but GA is clearly no amateur when it comes the runaround.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90280"]2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Looks like JB has plans in September...

Dade County Bar Association

presents

September General Membership Luncheon

EFFECTIVELY (AND ETHICALLY)

USING MEDIA IN LITIGATION

https://www.dadecountybar.org/092112sgml.php

Does the bar just love him, or what? This is by no means highly significant but only an interesting footnote . . .

Out of curiosity I did a quick search on this event. Interestingly, Jose Baez is not originally listed as one of the speakers. He must have been added after the initial presenters. I couldn't help but laugh when I realized that, when his name was added, the parentheses cloaking (AND ETHICALLY) were also added! :D:floorlaugh:

Here are two announcements where neither his name nor parentheses are included (note the earlier dates of these postings):

http://miamifrp.com/dcba-luncheon-92112-effectively-and-ethically-using-media-in-litigation/

and . . .

http://legalcu.com/ (listed chronologically)

:laugh: (AND ETHICALLY)​

30 years. I have worked with attorneys , prosecutors and judges for 30 years. I have seen great lawyers, good lawyers, green lawyers. Lawyers who are brilliant at brief writing. Lawyers who are nothing short of academy award winning actors in front of juries. Slimball lawyers. Lawyers who have been disciplined. Lawyers who have been disbarred. I worked with an attorney who had a photographic memory and could cite case law off the top of his head as fast as you and i could count to ten.

But i have never...NEVER quite seen anything that comes close to Baez. I have seen sleazy..oh there are those aplenty. But add in the hugeness of this case, and you get a special breed of underhanded. Thats what i seen with Baez AND Mason.

Now you have to admit he was correct in saying Caylee's body was hidden and moved. He just didn't add it was by his client.

No I can't give Jose a pass on any of this.

No way - that is just too defense lawyerish for me. That's like my kids saying no I didn't take those cookies while you were out (but I took them before you went out - you just didn't notice!)...:floorlaugh:

I always believed, also, that Mason helped him right on down the unethical path. One incident I recall was Linda Drane Burdick telling Judge Perry that the defense (Mason's office) said they did not have to follow the judge's order and would do what they wanted to do.

Jose was cocky enough before Mason came along, but it got much worse.

It annoys me that the FL Bar Association still uses him as a draw for their conferences. Is this an example that they want other FL attorneys to follow?

I had an immediate reaction in my gut that Jose Baez was a morally bankrupt, inept, light-in-the-law, lazy lawyer from the get go. He proved me right with his first interview.

My first reaction to Baez was that he reminded me of this sleazy guy who ran a local pawn shop who was also a known loan shark.

(Yes, I know there are reputable pawn shop owners but not the one I am speaking of!)

Thank you so much, AZlawyer, for this post. I remember when you, ever so gently, pointed out Jose's difficult position and inexperience. I appreciated your experienced and esteemed opinion until I came to the conclusion that rather than defending Casey Anthony because he thought she was innocent, he was defending her for his own gain. It appeared to be more of a collusion than a defense (i.e., let-us-drive-around-alone=together-and-see-if-we-can-find-Caylee idea that he floated!) to me. The topper was when it appeared he was using your posts to form some of his loosely crafted defense!

He simply used the system in the worst way. He didn't use it to defend Casey Anthony because he felt she was innocent but simply because he could and it would be to his advantage. He represents every base characteristic that typify the reason the general public has a bad taste in their mouthes when it comes to defense attorneys.

So why do so many "bar" associations keep inviting him to speak? Do they like him? Are they proud of him? Do they want to do it like he does?

Thank you so much, AZlawyer, for this post. I remember when you, ever so gently, pointed out Jose's difficult position and inexperience. I appreciated your experienced and esteemed opinion until I came to the conclusion that rather than defending Casey Anthony because he thought she was innocent, he was defending her for his own gain. It appeared to be more of a collusion than a defense (i.e., let-us-drive-around-alone=together-and-see-if-we-can-find-Caylee idea that he floated!) to me. The topper was when it appeared he was using your posts to form some of his loosely crafted defense!

He simply used the system in the worst way. He didn't use it to defend Casey Anthony because he felt she was innocent but simply because he could and it would be to his advantage. He represents every base characteristic that typify the reason the general public has a bad taste in their mouthes when it comes to defense attorneys.

So why do so many "bar" associations keep inviting him to speak? Do they like him? Are they proud of him? Do they want to do it like he does?

Maybe it's a subliminal message - careful - or you too will be just like this...that sort of thing...not necessarily a good thing in my eyes.

Also wanted to add - at what cost is a lawyer prepared to go to win, and how's that working for you Mr. Baez? Winning isn't always winning.

It looks like the amazon.com count starts from zero at the beginning of the month - actually I have no idea how it works and I've been tracking various books for two months and still can't figure it out..:floorlaugh:

But wanted to comment that Mr. Baez is off to a rousing first day of the month - it must be close to ten o'clock your time - he has two books sold today.......:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926