Sidebar Discussion #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1st book was released I think in 2007, and amazon only goes back 365 days... currently its ranked:

Amazon.com
Last Sale: 9 hours

September Sales: 7
August Sales: 147
Current Rank: 1,755

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/complete_coverage/harry_potter/index.html

This article notes that to date combined Harry Potter book sales have reached greater than 450 million.

Jaycee' Dugard's "A Stolen Life" had 175,000 sales on its 1st day of release, and as of this articles 2011 printing, over 425,000 sales.

http://books.usatoday.com/bookbuzz/...ugards-memoir-breaking-sales-records/176830/1

Now why do I suddenly feel very cheerful reading those book numbers??? :skip: :skip: :skip: :floorlaugh:

I fear that once the Dr Phil money runs out...the show will return. But this time round, I doubt that many will listen. Old news and too much competition for air time.

OMG! Yathink? What could they possibly say??? :banghead:

I was just sitting here thinking it's pretty quiet and whenever I think that - something does happen - please just don't let it be that!

RBBM. My optimistic nature would love to believe this, logicalgirl, but, lol, my newborn skepticism makes me laugh at any attempt to join anything subliminal with Jose Baez's name!

. . . and, yeah, Jose ( :seeya: ), how's that all working for you? Gettin' rich yet? No? The book didn't do well? Maybe it was just a labor of love to set the record straight and worth the loss you took? Just like the great financial loss you insinuate from the cost of the defense? Huh? Caylee's pictures and Florida's tax payers' money didn't bring in enough to cover it all? The "bar" appearances aren't paying enough to keep those house payments under control? Perhaps this is not really the martyrdom that you try to paint it as ~ but just your whispering introduction to karma.

But don't worry! You will still get calls from questionable characters like the second most infamous guy in Aruba and blood money seekers from the Black Knight tragedy. You have established your reputation well. After all, I have to admit that you do deserve the notoriety. And karma is patient . . .

ETA: I wonder ~ do you suppose Jose Baez charged the state of Florida for the saw he bought on that Christmas Eve or do you think he sacrificed his own money (martyr to justice that he is!)?

BBM: No I think he took the Doctor's credit card with him!! :floorlaugh:

I have read everything about JFK I could get my hands on for as long as I can remember, and everything King since he started being published, so I knew we'd be a good match, but this book is amazing. I'm nowhere near the end, but, so far, it's in the running for one of my favorite King novels of all time.

I would recommend this story in a heartbeat! (And I can be a pretty big critic of books....just ask JB. Haha!)

I agree, I'll read anything about JFK, and especially Jaqueline Kennedy. I haven't read many Stephan King books, the ones I have read I have enjoyed. Now his books really are hard to put down. I have enjoyed watching how the making of his movies have changed through the years. I think I will order this book along with In The Woods by Tana French (thanks LG) I need to get two books at a time so I will always have one waiting for me :-)

I must say that fall has arrived in this part of NJ... I opened my front door earlier and thank goodness I looked - because two very large tree spiders had spun enormous webs across the frame...Yikes.. they are nasty looking fellas, harmless, but scary.

RBBM. My optimistic nature would love to believe this, logicalgirl, but, lol, my newborn skepticism makes me laugh at any attempt to join anything subliminal with Jose Baez's name!

. . . and, yeah, Jose ( :seeya: ), how's that all working for you? Gettin' rich yet? No? The book didn't do well? Maybe it was just a labor of love to set the record straight and worth the loss you took? Just like the great financial loss you insinuate from the cost of the defense? Huh? Caylee's pictures and Florida's tax payers' money didn't bring in enough to cover it all? The "bar" appearances aren't paying enough to keep those house payments under control? Perhaps this is not really the martyrdom that you try to paint it as ~ but just your whispering introduction to karma.

But don't worry! You will still get calls from questionable characters like the second most infamous guy in Aruba and blood money seekers from the Black Knight tragedy. You have established your reputation well. After all, I have to admit that you do deserve the notoriety. And karma is patient . . .

ETA: I wonder ~ do you suppose Jose Baez charged the state of Florida for the saw he bought on that Christmas Eve or do you think he sacrificed his own money (martyr to justice that he is!)?

pont taken....just wondered if it was at all possible that lawyers wanted to have a closer look at who had actually done this atrocity...

I must say that fall has arrived in this part of NJ... I opened my front door earlier and thank goodness I looked - because two very large tree spiders had spun enormous webs across the frame...Yikes.. they are nasty looking fellas, harmless, but scary.

Yes, up here on the West Coast also - chilly in the mornings, very warm during the day and coolish sweater syle evenings also. But I love love love the fall. Always feel super-energetic after a blobby laying around summer.

Could you all send some of the weather this way to Arizona. It has colled done some but it's still HOT! I've been getting in the pool at night. It is beautiful and night, especially with the full moon

93.gif

Have a relaxing Sunday, all you wonderful Catsleuths!

GREAT POST!! Worth repeating!

and :banghead: and :maddening: my "More" emoticons arent' working!!! What's going on - is it MY computer or the site... :floorlaugh:

oh - edited to add: :seeya: Jose!

So it doesn't look like I'm on posting frenzy, I've combined the quotes I wanted to response to! :floorlaugh:

Ohhh - great to hear - I haven't bought it yet but there are so many folks saying how good it is - now I just have to.....:woohoo:

You should check your library - that's what I just did with Jose's book and it will be available 9/25/12, and I would be first on the list... I cancelled right away!! :seeya: Jose!

I have read everything about JFK I could get my hands on for as long as I can remember, and everything King since he started being published, so I knew we'd be a good match, but this book is amazing. I'm nowhere near the end, but, so far, it's in the running for one of my favorite King novels of all time.

I would recommend this story in a heartbeat! (And I can be a pretty big critic of books....just ask JB. Haha!)

Me too, FaerieB! I've probably read the same books! For some reason I HAVE to, watched the whole post-assassination on TV back then - on a black and white, of course! LOL!

:eek:

Yes, up here on the West Coast also - chilly in the mornings, very warm during the day and coolish sweater syle evenings also. But I love love love the fall. Always feel super-energetic after a blobby laying around summer.

Here too, logicalgirl! I LOVE this time of year coming our way!! :woohoo:

Oh, and :THANKS: for all the book suggestions - I have list of books to read (already have two books on "hold" at the library, so Desparation and In the Woods went on my list!!

I'll be here all weekend. Now doesnt tht make you happy to be away? LOL..I am fighting a serious asthma flareup, change in weather kind. coughing til all aches. I always get sick at a holiday weekend, you know cant get the Doctor.Thanks to Canada (LG) I'm on Spiriva now.My Dr. gave me enough to carry me til the meds get here. I will be joyfully reading away! Oh my, did I say this is O/T? Take care all and have a good weekend.

I'll be here all weekend. Now doesnt tht make you happy to be away? LOL..I am fighting a serious asthma flareup, change in weather kind. coughing til all aches. I always get sick at a holiday weekend, you know cant get the Doctor.Thanks to Canada (LG) I'm on Spiriva now.My Dr. gave me enough to carry me til the meds get here. I will be joyfully reading away! Oh my, did I say this is O/T? Take care all and have a good weekend.

Hope you feel better, Nore. That asthma is a nasty business.

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! :fireworks2:

Hi you all!
Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend!
Just found this on ebay: Casey Anthony Court Ticket
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casey-Anthony-Court-Ticket-/170903422400
my my my. Current selling price is 9.99 with 3 days left, shipping from Altamonte Springs, FL.

- no comment -
Thanks, okiedokietoo. I also saw that you posted that payment was made toward money she owed? I'm sure this must be old news...but where the heck did she get any money to pay this??!! What have I missed? Did someone else make payments for her?

They will probably pay him with a free ham sandwich, and he didn't even get top billing on the panel. This is no big whoop to me, I see it simply as him trying to etch out a living. Book tanked, no more trips to NYC, no TV spots and probably no phone calls being returned - he has bills to pay too.

eta: hahahahaha....I just cracked myself up what my last line...

:floorlaugh: Cracked me up too!
K, thank goodness I am in the real world & not the twilight zone after all.
I just need to keep reminding myself that Baez only wishes we were all in the twilight zone where he would be the hero on the white horse with people throwing money & fame his way.:floorlaugh:
Never going to happen.

Agree - very hard to live with - happy to hear Canada can help!!:blowkiss:

-------------------Hi LogicalGirl, want to hear a good one?
I have used Combivent Rescue inhaler for years. My Anthem never paid much toward it so I get it thru Canada. Well I slipped up ordering needed one right away. Now Anthem pays nothing, they dont carry it anymore. So, i would have to pay 220.00 for one! From Canada I pay 75.00 for three of them.This is since the price caps were taken off pharmaceuticals.My Doctor phoned the pharmacy and ordered something else for me. I am very aggraviated by this.

Sorry about off topic..no more...:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member