Sidebar Discussion #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Elizabeth Johnson. I don't think she's going to fare well at least I hope she dosn't.
I'm real nervous about Drew Peterson too. Gosh I hope that jury convicts him.

I'm also ready to see a trial IN the court room instead of all of these talking heads all day on IS. I want to see how people act and hear the inflections (is that the right word) in their voices when they testify.

wonders. How long has the Drew Peterson jury been deliberating? I have not followed the case lately.

Shotzy...was that book about positive thinking called "The Energy Bus"?
oxoxox

ETA: deliberations began today.

RR0004, I've only been flying in and out and missed your post. My thoughts are with you every step of the way and know you will be fine once it's gone. We all love you and are here to help in anyway we can, so if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to pm me anytime as well if you feel the need.
Just knowing you're there, wonders, lifts my spirits. :)
oxoxoxox

PS- I couldn't get very involved in the DP case. I couldn't take the prosecutions blunders early on.

Just knowing you're there, wonders, lifts my spirits. :)
oxoxoxox

PS- I couldn't get very involved in the DP case. I couldn't take the prosecutions blunders early on.

I guess I should admit I haven't had the courage to follow another case closely - except doing a "drive-by" the news clips. I can't have my heart broken again - it still hasn't mended from the Caylee verdict.. .:tears:

I guess I should admit I haven't had the courage to follow another case closely - except doing a "drive-by" the news clips. I can't have my heart broken again - it still hasn't mended from the Caylee verdict.. .:tears:

LG, my heart hasn't mended either and I don't think it ever will. I look at her sweet little face and just want to cry (and I have many times) at the injustice. It was just so wrong on so, so many levels.

Shotzy...was that book about positive thinking called "The Energy Bus"?
oxoxox

ETA: deliberations began today.

RROOO4, The book is "Love, Medicine & Miracles" by Bernie S.
Siegel, MD. 1986 " Lessons learned from a surgeon's experience with exceptional patients".
Not a new book, but I have read new books which are basically the same. Positive thinking is the one thing that stands out!
My sister swears that a combination of apple cider vinegar and honey cures everything..but you really need to acquire a taste for it.

How are you feeling tonight? Everyone here is praying for you!! :please:

And RR0004 - it's late and time to tell secrets. You've been around here longer than me, but as one old WS dog to another - it's time you knew the truth!

You know how some of us have daughters who say the people on WS are just our imaginary friends?

Well that's a lie. We are real and we do love you and we are here for you. Now you know. Imaginary WS friends are real!

How could we not be? :party: And as another poster said - we'll all be there crowded into your surgeon's office. Now sleep well..:eek:fftobed:

I went to Amazon just now and the book is now around 13K. Here's a thought... I just started focusing on October birthdays and Christmas gifts I'll be out shopping the sales and see something at a good price and immediately think of the perfect recipient. How many people out there who have friends who followed the case have friends and relatives who happen to come across the title and think, oh, Auntie Zoe followed that trial, it's the perfect gift!

Watch after the holidays for many returns!

I went to Amazon just now and the book is now around 13K. Here's a thought... I just started focusing on October birthdays and Christmas gifts I'll be out shopping the sales and see something at a good price and immediately think of the perfect recipient. How many people out there who have friends who followed the case have friends and relatives who happen to come across the title and think, oh, Auntie Zoe followed that trial, it's the perfect gift!

If my niece or nephew do that... out of the will! LOL. Then I would know they weren't listening to my rant about ethics, preparedness, evil, murdering mothers or morally bankrupt defense lawyers.

LG, my heart hasn't mended either and I don't think it ever will. I look at her sweet little face and just want to cry (and I have many times) at the injustice. It was just so wrong on so, so many levels.

I just hope the dp jury takes this more seriously than the p12. It already looks like they are actually deliberating and asking questions. :please:

I would think that someone also has reposted this on that thread?

It's not about punitive damages. Casey's lawyers want to get through the entire trial without anyone saying that Casey was arrested for, charged with, or tried for the murder of Caylee. Even if the judge grants that request, as a practical matter I think the jury will figure it out (assuming they've been living under rocks and don't already know). I mean, Exhibit A will be the video of the jail visit, in which Casey is pretty obviously in jail, and the subject of the conversation with her parents is about who took Caylee so, um, why do you suppose Casey would have been in jail? :waitasec:

Then what if a witness says something inconsistent with what he/she said at the criminal trial? I guess ZG's lawyers are supposed to say, "OK, well, do you remember another time you were under oath testifying about this case?" Witness: "Oh, sure, when Casey was on tr--" JUDGE/ZG LAWYERS/CASEY LAWYERS: "NO! STOP! DON'T SAY IT!" Judge: "The jury will please disregard that partial answer. Witness, please answer yes or no only." Sounds like a circus to me. :rolleyes:

But if the jury is going to be allowed to consider punitive damages, I think they have to be allowed to know the defendant's motive. In this case, Casey's motive at the time of the video jail visit statement was to deflect blame from herself and GET THE HECK OUT OF JAIL and NOT BE PROSECUTED FOR KILLING CAYLEE. How can that possibly be held back from the jury? How can the jury decide whether Casey acted with an evil motive if the motive is kept secret? :waitasec:

Hello? ZG attorneys? I know I said I thought the case should have been dismissed already, but feel free to use this argument. :)

In July and August my city's public library didn't have Baez's book on their shelves.

If you have noticed sales on Baez's book here is 1 reason... my public library has now placed an Order for 3 books 5 people have placed a hold.

1 person has already written a review...said the book was worth reading and that it was interesting....
Interesting is that it's the ONLY review the reader has ever posted on this public library site..now I know why..this person may not be from my city(even visitors can get a temporary library card) but is a member of a public library in another city in the US..

In July and August my city's public library didn't have Baez's book on their shelves.

If you have noticed sales on Baez's book here is 1 reason... my public library has now placed an Order for 3 books 5 people have placed a hold.

1 person has already written a review...said the book was worth reading and that it was interesting....
Interesting is that it's the ONLY review the reader has ever posted on this public library site..now I know why..this person may not be from my city(even visitors can get a temporary library card) but is a member of a public library in another city in the US..

I still don't understand why any one wants to read it unless it is the looking at a train wreck theory. Just going on to Amazon and reading the first few pages should be enough to tell anyone it is "carp". It's not as if there are any gossipy or unknown details about FCA in it - the book can't even be called a kitchen sink variety - it is so chock full of inaccuracies that are way beyond just Jose's "point of view".

I just don't understand what people don't get about "documented evidence"! :banghead:

At our library you could place a hold on books that were at in other library's systems and they would be sent to yours. I hate to see tax dollars being wasted on this trash. Maybe some want to read it to see if what Jose wrote is what they've seen and heard about Casey. It's a shame they'd want to learn the truth from that piece of trash when there am so many places (Websleuthes? Acandyrose? their own research?) they could see the truth. OH well, at least they don't want to spend a dime on it. How can you write a review of a book you haven't read?

DP verdict has come in. HLN and other channels covering.

HIP HIP HOORAY!
Drew Peterson GUILTY!!!

Now we get to listen to the defense whine about how unfair of a trial he got, hearsay blah, blah and blah.

I have to go find my itty bitty tissue to wipe my non-exsistent tears.

I hope we get to hear from this jury.

I hope we get to hear from this jury.

Wonderful news and just imagine - they found him guilty without a video of him committing the crime. Sweet but bittersweet at the same time...:sigh:

Edited to add - I do NOT want to see Baez pontificating about this jury and this verdict!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024