Sidebar Discussion #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 5th District Court of Appleals and the Orange Country Court Clerk websites don't have it listed in the record yet...maybe tomorrow.

OCA's team has 25 days to reply to the State filing and after a date is set for the Oral Arguments before the Appeal Court

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...906_1_roy-kronk-anthony-team-zenaida-gonzalez
Anthony's appeal is based on three issues
SNIPPED

In its answer, filed Thursday, the state countered that Anthony was not officially in custody when she lied to investigators and her appellate brief "failed to show a double jeopardy violation" or prove an issue with the instructions.

Really? Your county/city public library lends their books out to neighbouring counties/other city public libraries?
I know Transfers between Branches occurs within a counties/city's library system but I was not aware they shared books with other counties or cities. The post was dated July 2012

I am guessing the poster read the book in their own library system and got a temp library card, signed up online and wrote a review on my city's public library system

No just in their counties, but my town covers three counties and we can go to any of the library's and get books and movies.

Has anyone found a link to the actual brief?

That's an interesting article! Any chance she would get a new trial? Why what kind of a "new trial" Just the part about the lying convictions? Can that be separated from the case in chief?
That would be pretty weird if she did...risky imo...

AZ, could George or Cindy of been charged with Accessory after the fact?

I guess the big question did Jose know when and where Casey dumped Caylee and if so would he of been one also? One of those three knew Caylee was in the woods. Too many people going through those woods connected to the Anthonys.

That's an interesting article! Any chance she would get a new trial? Why what kind of a "new trial" Just the part about the lying convictions? Can that be separated from the case in chief?

That's what the appeal is about--she's asking for a new trial on the lying convictions. There were no other convictions, so that's all she can appeal.

It is weird. Just like the civil trial. How do keep out the murder of Caylee at (IMO) fca's hands just to fight lying convictions?

AZ, could George or Cindy of been charged with Accessory after the fact?

I guess the big question did Jose know when and where Casey dumped Caylee and if so would he of been one also? One of those three knew Caylee was in the woods. Too many people going through those woods connected to the Anthonys.

Cindy and George could not have been charged with anything because there was zero evidence that they were involved.

Jose could not be charged for just knowing where Caylee's body was--that would be attorney-client privileged information.

vis a vis the appeal and the ZG case

my take away is:

the lying conviction is a) going to sink this defense effort b) I want to know how the attys are getting paid.... still getting paid.

vis a vis the appeal and the ZG case

my take away is:

the lying conviction is a) going to sink this defense effort b) I want to know how the attys are getting paid.... still getting paid.

I would also like to know how the attorneys are getting paid! Who is supporting her? How many people is she living with and what are their incomes? Who is paying for the alleged bodyguards? How is she paying for her food, if she is not on food stamps? I don't know about Florida but in NJ these are important questions, if you say you are indigent. If the taxpayers are paying for this appeal I would ask many questions!!!! :maddening: :maddening: :maddening:

That's what the appeal is about--she's asking for a new trial on the lying convictions. There were no other convictions, so that's all she can appeal.

I was thinking that the appeal process was putting the case before the appeal board to render a final decision and that there would not be a new or another trial either way.

LOL no I understood that - I just was trying to understand how they could have a trial on the lying when it is so intertwined with the murder case...:waitasec:

OFF TOPIC

Sorry everyone, but I happened to catch a segment on Dr Drew tonight about a man who practically decapitated his wife with a wire and is now spending life in prison without the possibility of parole. He is going to transition to a female via tax payers money. Yes, folks your tax dollars hard at work for yet another cold blooded killer.
My husband and I struggle to pay our medical bills and buy medicine. We have no bills except what it takes to keep a roof over our heads (well internet access and TV). How does this work? Elderly people have to worry everyday about Social Security disappearing which they paid into all their lives.
I'm going to get into trouble if I continue so I'm out for now.

OFF TOPIC

Sorry everyone, but I happened to catch a segment on Dr Drew tonight about a man who practically decapitated his wife with a wire and is now spending life in prison without the possibility of parole. He is going to transition to a female via tax payers money. Yes, folks your tax dollars hard at work for yet another cold blooded killer.
My husband and I struggle to pay our medical bills and buy medicine. We have no bills except what it takes to keep a roof over our heads (well internet access and TV). How does this work? Elderly people have to worry everyday about Social Security disappearing which they paid into all their lives.
I'm going to get into trouble if I continue so I'm out for now.

While I agree with your sentiments - it's entirely possible there are surgeons out there who will do the surgery for free to "practise and perfect" their techniques they use on paying patients. Maybe?

Not if they know they can get paid (by the government) for their services.

Oh Dear God in heaven...certainly there couldn't of been another jury as stupid as them could there?
Same 'ole story...DT claiming that the prosecution failed to show HOW CS died. It seems they read the same handbook as Baez's team. Thank goodness the jury was smart enough to understand that the State DID NOT need to do that.

Could the state add any additional charges if she was granted a new trial? Say, abuse of a corpse, child neglect, illegal disposal of a body?

Could the state add any additional charges if she was granted a new trial? Say, abuse of a corpse, child neglect, illegal disposal of a body?

I like the way you think :)

Why I do this to myself, I don't know, honestly. I rented "12 Angry Men", original with Henry Fonda. I just finished watching the clips in the "special features" section. Robert Shapiro was one of the people that commented about this film. He said that the hardest thing for the Juries to understand is the concept of "reasonable doubt". And also would like for all of his juries to see this film before they deliberate. That makes sense and makes more sense coming from a defense attorney. I agree. He also said, "we have to have a system in place where people critically look at evidence". So, what am I thinking right now, after seeing this film for about the 5th time? Yes, they were 12 angry men but they were 12 angry men that seriously deliberated. Which makes me think about P12. Yep, P12. The P12. So since that drives me somewhat mad, my only consolation is that I don't even have to know all of their names. The fact is, they know who they are and anytime until the end of time that the media compares the jury of any trial to the fca jury (for any member of the P12 that doesn't understand the connection = negative connotation) they will know, individually and collectively, who they are and what they did

I'm listening to the CD's, I'm at the part right now where he wants to fly in his helicopter to Seatle, and I'm thinking from the different things he's saying he's a vampire. I want to read on the thread here, but before I go there I'd like to find out if he's a vampire. Holy moly are you saying it's going to be more, LOL hmm how to say it????

OOOOOk never mind, they just took a ride in the elevator. I think I know where this
is going :)

I dont know if anyone's answered you yet, but since I absolutely cannot resist a dig at this book: it's interesting that you ask that - as this book was originally written as a fanfic of twilight - all she did was change the edwards and bellas for....whatever names she ended up using. guess she forgot the edit out the sparkly vampire bits :floorlaugh:

disclaimer: I havent read it, I could not possibly get that bored but hey to each their own, have at it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member