Sidebar Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be sorry. I find it very informative. You are the first person that I've heard that had it elsewhere than the waist.
I knew it was painful. Dosen't it also belong to the chicken pox family?
I had no idea that it has so many side effects. Thanks for the info.

Yes, it is the same virus but the adult version. You can get it if you have had actual chicken pox. The virus just stays dormant along your spine (?) but the risks are pretty high if you get it on your face like I did, although for me it was only on the left side. - who knows why..but there is the risk of losing your eyesight, your hearing and because the nerve endings in your face are affected, my doctor was warning me about watching for any change at all in the muscles in my face. It is hugely important to take the anti-viral meds within 48 hours to lesson the effects - I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't expensive.
It is tiny raised bumps that burn and hurt a lot!

Forgive me for not going back to look, when is this Judge supposed to rule on us seeing FCA in disquise? After seeing JVM and JB on the tube, my evening was ruined and so I had to go off and console myself (gulp, gulp)

I need some good news!!!

Don't be sorry. I find it very informative. You are the first person that I've heard that had it elsewhere than the waist.
I knew it was painful. Dosen't it also belong to the chicken pox family?
I had no idea that it has so many side effects. Thanks for the info.

I had it at 38 and the doctor said that, although it was generally an 'old person's' affliction, actually a person of any age may be prone to it.
As I understand from the doc's explanation, the area affected is determined by whichever nerve cluster it has been laying dormant in. I had mine down my neck and across one shoulder. It floored me for about three weeks even with the medication.
It is extremely painful and, even now, I still get a hot 'flash' across the area now and then just to keep me reminded. It is ver very nasty if not treated ..... My doc told me that some sufferers will have it recur every five years or so

Rant on:

I just worked overtime, got caught in massive traffic getting home, and all I wanted to do was relax, lay down on the couch and watch the MJ trial updates. I took off my makeup, jewelery, and put on my pjs to watch the genius of Propofil on a nice cozy couch. As soon as I got all comfy JB's smirky face popped up on HLN. I guess he got his talking head job.

Guess I know why JVM has been kissing his arse and ran after him like a fool when she was in Orlando. I cannot stand to look at that man nor can I stand to hear him talk. I turned the TV off and came over here to rant. My husband said enough is enough about that travesty of justice. Don't you dare put money in his pocket by watching that lying scum. I'll get my update from the internet or hopefully a kind websleuther typed a recap of the day. I wanted to see the Dr. of Propofil make the DT look like fools.

Arggggghhhhhh why can't JB go live on a deserted island all by himself. Are we going to be subjected to his smirk forever. He is so blasted annoying. Surely there are other talking heads that actually have something in between their ears aside from air.

Rant off...sorry to unload on you. My friends and family refuse to even discuss these cases.

My computer was sleeping and when the screen popped up Bayoulands chicken was the first thing I saw...There was a commercial on and they were singing..she'll be comin round the mountain when she comes...:floorlaugh:

That was the high point of my day!...I love that chicken

Go ahead jon_burrows..just sit and stare at that chicken for awhile and you'll feel better soon...:crazy:

We could all try meditating for a minute...hhuumm..hhuumm...:floorlaugh:

OK, I'm done...:fence: I love the propofol doctor, I think the jurors love him also....:heartbeat:

All of you guys are way too kind to Casey. I wish her way worse. I truly hope every day that she lives and breathes she's miserable beyond words. And when her time comes, I hope she suffers more than poor Caylee must have.
The worst punishment she could get is to be forever ignored, unacknowledged and shunned. OCA coming to the realization she's not as significant or popular as she imagined she would be?...... oh yeah!

The worst punishment she could get is to be forever ignored, unacknowledged and shunned. OCA coming to the realization she's not as significant or popular as she imagined she would be?...... oh yeah!

Um...:floorlaugh: LOL - isn't that what is happening right now? :woot:

I had it at 38 and the doctor said that, although it was generally an 'old person's' affliction, actually a person of any age may be prone to it.
As I understand from the doc's explanation, the area affected is determined by whichever nerve cluster it has been laying dormant in. I had mine down my neck and across one shoulder. It floored me for about three weeks even with the medication.
It is extremely painful and, even now, I still get a hot 'flash' across the area now and then just to keep me reminded. It is ver very nasty if not treated ..... My doc told me that some sufferers will have it recur every five years or so

Ack!! Yes, I get that feeling on my scalp and I just hate it...but feel lucky because some people have to take pain meds for a couple of years afterwards - I've forgotten the name for the pain the nerve endings which become so sensitive caused. My doc said be patient - it is an illness along with the rash - when we usually hear people talk about just the rash.

Yes, it is the same virus but the adult version. You can get it if you have had actual chicken pox. The virus just stays dormant along your spine (?) but the risks are pretty high if you get it on your face like I did, although for me it was only on the left side. - who knows why..but there is the risk of losing your eyesight, your hearing and because the nerve endings in your face are affected, my doctor was warning me about watching for any change at all in the muscles in my face. It is hugely important to take the anti-viral meds within 48 hours to lesson the effects - I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't expensive.
It is tiny raised bumps that burn and hurt a lot!

Thank you. That is just horrible. I never had chicken pox or the mumps so I'm probably safe(?). I hope you will never have any long term adverse effects from your experince.
I had a blocked saliva gland in early September, I was kidding my husband that I thought I had the mumps (it was awful, lol). Anyway had to go to ER in the middle of the night and they did test me for mumps. I was like who gets the mumps these days?

Oh. You know I think I have heard that before. I sure hope all of my friends here who have had to deal with it will never have them again.
Gosh you guys I'm so sorry.

[/B]

Oh. You know I think I have heard that before. I sure hope all of my friends here who have had to deal with it will never have them again.
Gosh you guys I'm so sorry.

Thanks wonders. At least we're still in the land of the living. There are many unfortunates who have had worse things happen I guess.
By my understanding, everyone has the virus in them and having chicken pox at a young age actually DECREASES the chances of getting shingles later because it 'uses it up' so to speak.

:laugh:
BBM I thought you were a guy! With your name and all! Silly me. Unless you are a guy which is fine by me.

You're right, I'm not a guy or a chemist. Your post is so funny. :)

I became a huge fan about 8 years ago of a very famous deceased person. I thought he only sang a couple of songs---had no idea he was an actor as well. I watched a movie about his life and loved one of the songs. I quickly jotted down the lyrics so I could get the title and download it on my MP3 player. I was shocked to see he sang hundreds of songs. Since then I've read every book I could find about him. Bought almost all of his songs and I have an entertainment center full of his performances on DVD. Not to mention all the trinkets my family and friends buy me for their amusement.

Anyone care to do some sleuthing and figure out who jon burrows is and what his connection is to this famous person? One of our presidents had a connection to this famous man and the name jon burrows as well.

I'm so off topic but I have to give a plug to the best entertainer ever! IMO of course.

I suffer from ibs. I would only wish that on somebody like her. There are times that I cannot function normally. You never go anywhere without knowing where the bathrooms are located.

:hug: I know it's awful, I've got a friend with it. that's also why I wished her a case of restless legs syndrome - I had it severely during pregnancy and I always said I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy but I've changed my mind...there are a few people that I think would do well to have it for awhile.

I miss you all and being here :)

Hope everyone will be having a good day this day and if applicable, at least feel better!

Grouphug!

Kav

Also do not know if this belongs in the sidebar, but: the names of the jurors will be released, it was announced today. Wonder what kind of day THEY are having :p

My computer was sleeping and when the screen popped up Bayoulands chicken was the first thing I saw...There was a commercial on and they were singing..she'll be comin round the mountain when she comes...:floorlaugh:

That was the high point of my day!...I love that chicken

Go ahead jon_burrows..just sit and stare at that chicken for awhile and you'll feel better soon...:crazy:

We could all try meditating for a minute...hhuumm..hhuumm...:floorlaugh:

OK, I'm done...:fence: I love the propofol doctor, I think the jurors love him also....:heartbeat:

BBM - Me too. The first time I turned on the coverage of the MJ trial I said H E L L O, take a look at the prosecutor, he is gorgeous. Then the cardiologist got on the stand and it was H E L L O all over again. Then finally the Doctor of Propofol. I'm in awe of their intelligence but couldn't help noticing how cute they were too. :blushing:

:laugh:

You're right, I'm not a guy or a chemist. Your post is so funny. :)

I became a huge fan about 8 years ago of a very famous deceased person. I thought he only sang a couple of songs---had no idea he was an actor as well. I watched a movie about his life and loved one of the songs. I quickly jotted down the lyrics so I could get the title and download it on my MP3 player. I was shocked to see he sang hundreds of songs. Since then I've read every book I could find about him. Bought almost all of his songs and I have an entertainment center full of his performances on DVD. Not to mention all the trinkets my family and friends buy me for their amusement.

Anyone care to do some sleuthing and figure out who jon burrows is and what his connection is to this famous person? One of our presidents had a connection to this famous man and the name jon burrows as well.

I'm so off topic but I have to give a plug to the best entertainer ever! IMO of course.
Elvis?

I wonder if the jurors will stay out of the limelight or if they'll start doing interviews once their names are released. Personally, I've heard enough but I'm still curious!

IMO they (or at least some of them) will end up doing interviews ..... even if for no other reason than they will get worn down and hounded by the media to the point they believe they have no other way to shake them off.
Nah, the media wouldn't do that to people would they?

We have a winner! You're right. Jon Burrows is an alias Elvis used when he wrote a letter to President Nixon. He checked into a hotel under that name. Elvis pulled up to the White House unannounced and they let him in. The picture with Elvis and Nixon was the most requested picture at one time from the National Archives, surpassing the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aaelvisa.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member