Sidebar Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I heard the judges said he didn't qualify for lesser time because they didn't buy his "sincere confession". He only got two years less than the max and they gave him as little as they could off. They also didn't buy his "simple murder" and said it was more violent than that.

Oh FANTASTIC! :great:

Thank you so much! I missed that HUGE nugget of info!

Gives me some faith in Peru's judicial system. I was afraid it was as simple as he said he was "sincere" and that was enough. Thank God they had the option and enough sense to reject that load of BS.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble of joyous celebration but I don't think he will serve that long. I predict he will be released within 10 years... They have serious overcrowding problems in Peru and the convicts don't usually serve their full sentences.

I very much hope you're wrong, I am sure you understand :( even 28 years isnt enough!

I wonder if the 200k will be taken from his Jail funds..so that he'll have no money to buy his drugs and snacks. Hoping his conjugal visits with G/F stop as well.

FWIW - that is 200K in Peruvian money - translates to about $75K USD.

Apparently, the victims father spoke after the sentence about outrage about JVS "5-star hotel" accommodations - something about having been found with a cell phone, etc. He is working on getting that stopped. Here's hoping.

OH THANK GOD!!!!! I had read that he might only get 7 years. 28!!!!! That is amazing!!!! He's what, in his early to mid twenties? That means he'll about 50 or so when he gets out!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he gets out. I've horrible things about jail in Peru, and I hope he suffers greatly!!!!

I hope he has to do the full 28 years but HLN says after time served and good behavier he will do about 9 years.
But the good news is the U.S. gets him next

Oh My GOD!!!! Ya'll i have been praying for this for years. Cleveland Carto (one of the victims) was MY student when i was a teacher in new orleans, I am making typos cuz my hands are shaking, thank you for finding this, Oh wow, my prayers are answeres, Omg, omg

Oh, your post really touched me. I can actually feel your relief at how things are turning around in this case. The victims' rights are being considered over the rights of the perpetrator. It is a rare occurrence indeed. I am very pleased to see our government standing up for THE VICTIMS of this heinous crime.

May peace be with you, SwampMama.

Since I do not read any sites that support Casey, I am for some reason ( :floorlaugh: ) curious regarding if there are one or two Posters that comment things like..."I know this will probably upset the majority here" or "I'm afraid to post my thoughts here," etc...I'm sure that most of you wonderful WBSers get my drift...

I have been a member here longer than what is listed as it was before we got the upgrade so if I had a dollar for everytime a Rat's *advertiser censored** was not given, I would be able to pay off every Network, Twitterer, Facebooker, etc., that even thought about thinking about paying Casey not to do so...and I would!

RR

I hate to burst anyone's bubble of joyous celebration but I don't think he will serve that long. I predict he will be released within 10 years... They have serious overcrowding problems in Peru and the convicts don't usually serve their full sentences.

You are probably right but even if he remains in his protective wing, you could see by the comparison slides now and then - he isn't exactly flourishing in jail even for the relatively short time he's been in. He's heavier, with a double chin, surly, doesn't have that clear eyed cocky attitude - I'm loving it.

I spent a couple of heart breaking years on a Natalee site, and was known as stillhope. I never forgot my time there or lost my hope for some kind of retribution in Natalee's case. I'll take this for starters.

No one that I've heard has mentioned whether he's going to be in general population or in a private cell. I'm thinking he was only in the private area until he was sentenced. I heard Ryan on HLN say he had to pay $200K like it was American money. I heard what they said in court, I speak Spanish but they used some kind of money term I've never heard of so I couldn't translate that myself.

No one that I've heard has mentioned whether he's going to be in general population or in a private cell. I'm thinking he was only in the private area until he was sentenced. I heard Ryan on HLN say he had to pay $200K like it was American money. I heard what they said in court, I speak Spanish but they used some kind of money term I've never heard of so I couldn't translate that myself.

I watched it live and remember the translator saying 200K "new solace" (my spelling, not correct). I looked up Peruvian Money and found "Nuevo Sol" was their currency. So I think that is what the translator said and I took it to mean that JVDS was fined 200K Nuevo Sol == $75K USD.

Just a guess on my part.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Great post!!! Given the almost 3 years and the evolution of the lies to counteract the developing story people forget how the A's dug themselves into a hole to try to save KC. I love this recap.

CA was tireless in her drive to reinvent anything they had said previously and address it on yet another media tour. She took every piece, piece by piece and tried to shoot it down even though as a sum total it was devastating.

CA even resorted to rotting potatoes to try to explain the smell in the trunk and, in many ways was the seed of the Defense strategy to pick apart the circumstantial evidence.

The price the A's paid for this tireless defense was to be effectively accused by the DT given their suspicious actions as either having played a part in the death and coverup if not been the perps.

KC was painted as the victim thanks to the abuse claims and GA was introduced as the SODDI fall guy -- a baseless but effective switcheroo.

BBM - I agree but I think it was a price they were willing to pay. They wanted Casey free and they got it with help from Perry, unscrupulous lawyers, and an idiotic jury.

You hit the nail on the head regarding the constant lying. The evidence boxed them into a corner. The smoking gun (the rare duct tape) was tied to the A home. They were still going with Zanny the Nanny, making it up as they went along. Surprise, surprise Zanny had a key to the house which gave her access to everything. ZG bit back with a lawyer and a law suit so they had to eventually move on to a new SODDI.

Jesse was the next SODDI but he cooperated with LE, took a poly and was ruled out completely. They had to move on to a new SODDI again.

RK. Roy didn't have access to Caylee, the death mobile, the duct tape, and the laundry basket. Although they still threw his name around, they couldn't pin the murder on him.

There were only two people left (GA, LA) to blame. LA didn't live at home so GA was the easiest SODDI. FCA was setting up the abuse excuse early on in her jailhouse letters. The abuse got worse and more graphic as time passed while FCA had nothing to do for years sitting in jail thinking up lies.

IMO

It never made sense to me why anyone would have considered Lee as a suspect because he was never around really.

Alabama has next dibs on him. I heard there is a 70% chance he will be extradited after his release from Peru to face charges here (in Birmingham). I can't recall exactly what the charges are....I know it is not for murder, but something else involving Natalie Holloway. Natalie's dad, Dave, and his lawyer were on our local news last night. Dave Holloway is going to see this through as long as it takes him.

Beach, I think it is for extortion. Didn't he try to sell Beth information?

It never made sense to me why anyone would have considered Lee as a suspect because he was never around really.

I personally never felt LA was a suspect. The killer had to be someone who had access to the rare duct tape and the matching laundry bag/coffin, Caylee, and the car. Since the abuse excuse card was played there were only two men left (GA/LA). FWIW, I never felt GA was a suspect either. Casey is the killer, her family covered for her after the fact.

IMO

The whole George was molesting/abusing Caylee and then drowned her to cover it up and then changed her clothes is so absurd. Just as absurd as Kronk stealing her body, storing it somewhere and then dumping it.

The whole George was molesting/abusing Caylee and then drowned her to cover it up and then changed her clothes is so absurd. Just as absurd as Kronk stealing her body, storing it somewhere and then dumping it.

Yes ... basic common sense needs to apply here and it didn't in this case.

For example, why would GA change Caylee's clothes if she was dead and he was going to dump her? Why would he dump Caylee so close to home and so close to the road?

If this was GA or anyone other than KC then Caylee would have never been found. KC was lazy and allowed Caylee to decompose in the trunk and then needed to get rid of the smell so dumped her in a familar spot.

It is as simple as that. It always is.

KC is just another child killer, nothing special, nothing clever, just a cold heartless liar who sacrifices her own. IMO

ITA, not only was the skull/mandible snatcher absurd, it was impossible. The DT claimed someone came along, found Caylee's skull, managed to find her tiny mandible, tape it back together then plant it back at the dump site.

The GA story was equally absurd.

IMO

BBM

If you are going to accuse a man of being guilty of being a pedophile you are going to need to provide links to prove such claims. That is a very serious, serious accusation. And I am not talking about a link to a liar's comments or her attorney's imaginative opening and/or closing statement. I am talking about legitimate links that prove he did what you are accusing him of doing.

I completely respect your right to have your opinion but please do not make such blanket statements that can ruin a person's life and reputation without providing some proof that he is truly guilty of the things of which you are blatantly accusing him.

Thanks.

God Bless you Beach . He's been through enough and is just starting another round.

As I recall the charges are something like wire fraud and extortion.

Ys, the Feds are waiting for him. He promised Beth Holloway he would tell her what happened for x amount of $. He was trapped in a 'sting'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum