Sidebar Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that should be cleared up is that Casey is not on parole. Parole is for people being released early from prison, and the rules are strict--one tiny almost non-significant mess-up can land them back in prison faster than they know what hit them.

Casey is on probation. She can do pretty much whatever she pleases short of committing another crime or traveling out of state without permission, with little to no fear of consequences. Lying to media is not a crime. Lying to her PO might be frowned upon but will not be treated as a crime unless the lie is about something important and is intended to keep the PO from finding out about that something important. Owing back taxes is not a crime. Not filing a tax return is, but it's a federal crime and in this case dates back to pre-probation days, so it is not likely to affect Casey's probation.

I agree with TO that it is wise to not count your chickens before they are hatched. Sometimes when a nugget is heard about KC or JB we glom onto it like it is fact when more likely it is just rumor started by some unknown twit. It's perfectly normal for us to hope that Casey (and JB) will face some kind of consequences and I believe that it will happen eventually to one or both. At this time I think the biggest problem one or both might have is the IRS, but I think they know it would be most unwise to mess with the IRS. For that reason, I think Casey's back taxes have been paid or will be paid soon. IRS debts do not just go away; on the contrary, they tend to grow over time. And it goes without saying that there have been a number of shady characters involved in this saga who could take care of that debt, and my guess is they did just that. I hope I am wrong, though, because I really want to see them both brought down a few pegs.

A very thoughtful and sensible post imo krkrjx. I know some things I say may not be well recieved because they probably aren't what people want to hear. I'm sorry for that. Don't shoot the messenger.

Yes, many people seem to be confusing parole w/probation. My brother was on probation for a minor drug charge so I know a good deal about probation in FL. The PO has a fair amount of latitude and is expected to make every person on probation succesful. I doubt Casey is getting any special treatment, other than protecting the details of her locaiton and meetings with her PO.

Out of curiosity I searched public records, and there isn't a Tax Lien Recorded against Casey in Orange County FL. It may have been satisfied (paid) or she could owe and there isn't a lien.

It seems there is a lot of unverified information being promoted as fact. IMO it is truly shameful that people start such rumors, basically tell lies, and condemn Casey for lying all in the same breath.

I'm not perfect so please don't think I'm preaching.

I am just driving by to do a quick look at what's happening.

Seems a bit quiet in the FCA camp.

I wonder what she will end up doing for a job when nobody wants to pay her for an interview. My guess is she'll end up pole dancing somewhere.

I have a great stage name for her: Pink Slime

A very thoughtful and sensible post imo krkrjx. I know some things I say may not be well recieved because they probably aren't what people want to hear. I'm sorry for that. Don't shoot the messenger.

Yes, many people seem to be confusing parole w/probation. My brother was on probation for a minor drug charge so I know a good deal about probation in FL. The PO has a fair amount of latitude and is expected to make every person on probation succesful. I doubt Casey is getting any special treatment, other than protecting the details of her locaiton and meetings with her PO.

Out of curiosity I searched public records, and there isn't a Tax Lien Recorded against Casey in Orange County FL. It may have been satisfied (paid) or she could owe and there isn't a lien.

It seems there is a lot of unverified information being promoted as fact. IMO it is truly shameful that people start such rumors, basically tell lies, and condemn Casey for lying all in the same breath.

BBM

I seem to recall that the tax lien was filed in Osceola County and listed JB's office address as Casey's address. Since his office is in that county and presumably that is where the payment was sent to on Casey's behalf since she was incarcerated at the time, that might be why it was filed there instead of Orange County.

IMO

ETA: link referencing filing in Osceola county: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._casey-anthony-tax-lien-jose-baez-s-kissimmee

Thanks for your info about probation in Florida.

Here is a link to a post upthread about the tax lien. It's in Osceola County because she listed JB's office as her address. Hope that helps.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7555005&postcount=1057"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sidebar Discussion #5[/ame]

The story about the fight came from FCA to Jesse Grund if I remember correctly. So, flip a coin as to whether or not you BELIEVE it since it came from the mouth of a convicted liar.
The GTA, however, was put forth on the 911 tape by CA herself. That was her leverage with FCA sitting in the car with her....more or less “OK little missy...you want to play this game...I’ll show you”. CA always had to have the upper hand...but this one time she lost the game. Her granddaughter paid the ultimate price.

:seeya: I know, but it still makes no sense at all. I do not believe most of what came out of any of their mouths, sorry to say. Like JA said, they're bad liars.

Somewhere in my mind, I try to erase what we all heard and seen and man, I tell ya, some days it's scary to even remotely think all and I mean ALL stories could have been put up, but some days this is exactly how it seems. Each of them had enough time to do this, sad to say. I'm sure they think they are so clever, but I tell ya, one day that old Ms. Karma isn't going to come in and say excuse me, she's going to come with fisties a'flyin, on a wing and a prayer.

:seeya: I know, but it still makes no sense at all. I do not believe most of what came out of any of their mouths, sorry to say. Like JA said, they're bad liars.

Somewhere in my mind, I try to erase what we all heard and seen and man, I tell ya, some days it's scary to even remotely think all and I mean ALL stories could have been put up, but some days this is exactly how it seems. Each of them had enough time to do this, sad to say. I'm sure they think they are so clever, but I tell ya, one day that old Ms. Karma isn't going to come in and say excuse me, she's going to come with fisties a'flyin, on a wing and a prayer.

From your fingertips to God's ears.....

Years ago when I owed a mere $1900 the IRS did not play ball with me. I was a single working mom living paycheck to paycheck. I paid rent and bought food and gas for my car; the rest went for my daughter's day care expenses. I had very little left out of any paycheck and the IRS was willing to accept what measly payments I could make, but they did not stop the interest or penalties from accruing on the unpaid balance. I even claimed hardship to get those waived but instead of working with me, the IRS suggested I look for a second job to get the money to pay my tax debt. My claim that the pay from any second job I could have gotten would have gone toward additional child care expenses fell on deaf ears.

I think all this depends on the agent handling the case. My father ran several tax offices and always found different results with different clients. Usually they will work with you. Unfortunately it sounds like you hit the one that wouldn't. My father used to joke around with his clients if they had an audit. He would tell them to bring the kids, the relatives kids and the neighbors kids. The more, the better. One guy took his advice and the agent couldn't get him out of his office quick enough, problem solved, toot-sweet!!!, lol.

:welcome:

I would never shoot the Messenger. And I can only speak (or type) for myself.
I don't think I have ever despised somebody as much as I do Casey Anthony. Her family runs a close second in my opinion. That verdict was a travesty and it will be a a looooooooong time before I am ever "over" it. I will gladly admit it. I won't take the high road on this one because I LURVE it whenever I hear an inkling of news that Karma might bite Ms. Amphony in the hiny. :crazy:
We here at WS don't run much with the rumors and lies because of TOS. We can't. We don't want time out from our beloved forum.
So please forgive those who seem somewhat gleeful whenever anything is heard that COULD be detrimental to Ms. Amphony's happiness in this life, because her daughter deserved far better than she got from that whole group.

I don't think I have ever despised somebody as much as I do Casey Anthony. Her family runs a close second in my opinion. That verdict was a travesty and it will be a a looooooooong time before I am ever "over" it. I will gladly admit it. I won't take the high road on this one because I LURVE it whenever I hear an inkling of news that Karma might bite Ms. Amphony in the hiny. :crazy:
We here at WS don't run much with the rumors and lies because of TOS. We can't. We don't want time out from our beloved forum.
So please forgive those who seem somewhat gleeful whenever anything is heard that COULD be detrimental to Ms. Amphony's happiness in this life, because her daughter deserved far better than she got from that whole group.

If this isn't the post of the year then there isn't one. Very well said TO. :)

ITA. And I really would like us to get a Parking Lot thread to talk about stuff we can't talk about up here, mostly the non-MSM stuff. Maybe that would help us vent more down there and not upset people up here. Of course, it's been so quiet, I don't know if a parking lot thread would be worth it, but still, are we going to get one? Has that decision been made yet?

ITA. And I really would like us to get a Parking Lot thread to talk about stuff we can't talk about up here, mostly the non-MSM stuff. Maybe that would help us vent more down there and not upset people up here. Of course, it's been so quiet, I don't know if a parking lot thread would be worth it, but still, are we going to get one? Has that decision been made yet?

Me too Aedrys. Sometimes i think i will burst if i dont post some funny i have read in tweet world!!! Some people are really hilarious. So i drive my DD crazy reading all the post to her!

Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal Docket

Case Docket
Case Number: 5D11-2357
Final Criminal Judgment and Sentence Notice from Orange County

CASEY MARIE ANTHONY vs. STATE OF FLORIDA

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 08-CF-15606-A

02/01/2012 Motion Extension of Time Supplemental ROA Appellant

I wish that were allowed too.

quick question? Has Musikman started ANY threads on his experiences yet????? :waitasec: TIA! :seeya:

I can't stand it!!! Have we heard anything more? Oh, MM...olly, olly, in come free!!

What is the news with Musikman? if you dont mind filling me in?

I will get in touch with him and update you guys as soon as I hear back.

Attn: MM UPDATE

I heard back from him today. :cheer:

There are some legal issues that have to be resolved before he can talk. I don't think he would mind if I snipped a few words from our email exchange: "I don't really have a timetable, but my anxiousness to talk has to take a backseat for now."

Believe me when I say he misses the camaraderie of his friends here and he will log in to talk the minute he feels the timing is okay. He has always kept his word to all of us - he will do it as soon as he can. I know it is hard to be patient. Like MM said, he doesn't have a timetable but I can tell you from my legal experience, it will probably be a few more months before those legal issues are resolved.

So, hang tight, okay? I promise to send out a LOUD ALERT when he lets me know he can yap. It will be worth the wait. I predict you guys are gonna love MM even more than you already do. ;)

Hi all, I have been reading but not much new to post about, however.....

I am finding our "Currently Active Users" info at the bottom of the first page of the Caylee forum very interesting these past few days....has anyone else noticed?

There has not been much going on in the forum, but, for example, right now there are 83 Guests, and 13 Members. I noticed earlier today 12 Members and 65 Guests. Last night I saw the same, ~65 guests and 8 Members. I can come here these days and read all of the new posts in 5-10 minutes, tops. I am wondering if something is going on with this many Guests. I am NOT in any way not wanting said guests to be here, welcome (I think), but I find it curious is all.......with the upcoming civil suits (Zenaida Gonzales & TES), and remembering reading about Amy Singer and the DT mining the various web forms and "blogs", etc., for info, lots of guests, just saying, is all ............

IMO, MOO, etc.

Yes, the decision has been made. It is not going to be a PL thread though. We are going to try something new. :prayer:

Just a few tech, logistic details to work out and a few rules/parameters to draft. We will be opening it up within the next few days. *pinkyswear*

Hi all, I have been reading but not much new to post about, however.....

I am finding our "Currently Active Users" info at the bottom of the first page of the Caylee forum very interesting these past few days....has anyone else noticed?

There has not been much going on in the forum, but, for example, right now there are 83 Guests, and 13 Members. I noticed earlier today 12 Members and 65 Guests. Last night I saw the same, ~65 guests and 8 Members. I can come here these days and read all of the new posts in 5-10 minutes, tops. I am wondering if something is going on with this many Guests. I am NOT in any way not wanting said guests to be here, welcome (I think), but I find it curious is all.......with the upcoming civil suits (Zenaida Gonzales & TES), and remembering reading about Amy Singer and the DT mining the various web forms and "blogs", etc., for info, lots of guests, just saying, is all ............

IMO, MOO, etc.

:websleuther: Hi Casey :bigfight:

Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal Docket

Case Docket
Case Number: 5D11-2357
Final Criminal Judgment and Sentence Notice from Orange County

CASEY MARIE ANTHONY vs. STATE OF FLORIDA

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 08-CF-15606-A

02/01/2012 Motion Extension of Time Supplemental ROA Appellant

Haha I wondered how long they were going to be allowed drag this one out. Great precedent set by the previous judges. Let's take another 3 years on this one.

:websleuther: Hi Casey :bigfight:

LOL LolaMoon, wonder if they are "real" or "imaginary" guests :floorlaugh:

ETA: half of them just bailed out @ 11pm, down to 35, wonder if they were working the 3pm-11pm shift :great: :woohoo: :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet