Sidebar Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL LolaMoon, wonder if they are "real" or "imaginary" guests :floorlaugh:

ETA: half of them just bailed out @ 11pm, down to 35, wonder if they were working the 3pm-11pm shift :great: :woohoo: :seeya:

I hope it is a full shift of LE looking for clues on how to bust FCA. LOL!!!

Would someone volunteer to pm me with directions for posting a picture? I get this urge to see one here/post one every so often...thank you so much in advance! So clueless, I know.

Attn: MM UPDATE

I heard back from him today. :cheer:

There are some legal issues that have to be resolved before he can talk. I don't think he would mind if I snipped a few words from our email exchange: "I don't really have a timetable, but my anxiousness to talk has to take a backseat for now."

Believe me when I say he misses the camaraderie of his friends here and he will log in to talk the minute he feels the timing is okay. He has always kept his word to all of us - he will do it as soon as he can. I know it is hard to be patient. Like MM said, he doesn't have a timetable but I can tell you from my legal experience, it will probably be a few more months before those legal issues are resolved.

So, hang tight, okay? I promise to send out a LOUD ALERT when he lets me know he can yap. It will be worth the wait. I predict you guys are gonna love MM even more than you already do. ;)

Thank you so much beach.
I will patently wait while he gets that legal nonsense out of the way. Poor guy. Give him a big hello from us if you happen to e-mail more.

Haha I wondered how long they were going to be allowed drag this one out. Great precedent set by the previous judges. Let's take another 3 years on this one.

But I thought the last extension was the last one they could have? How are they getting another one? Ugh our legal system drives me bonkers!

Yes, the decision has been made. It is not going to be a PL thread though. We are going to try something new. :prayer:

Just a few tech, logistic details to work out and a few rules/parameters to draft. We will be opening it up within the next few days. *pinkyswear*

YAY and dang you Beach for more suspense!!!! LOL. At least it's only a few days this time, though! I am taking that pinkyswear seriously! Woot!

O/T. The little segment with D. Radcliffe on The Tonight Show last night was hillarious! The topic of OCA's 'dog' on SNL came up. More belly laughs. I think OCA needs to quit on her attempts at YT media attention because no matter what she tries to do now, someone will make fun of it and twart it. Good! About time :)

Hi all, I have been reading but not much new to post about, however.....

I am finding our "Currently Active Users" info at the bottom of the first page of the Caylee forum very interesting these past few days....has anyone else noticed?

There has not been much going on in the forum, but, for example, right now there are 83 Guests, and 13 Members. I noticed earlier today 12 Members and 65 Guests. Last night I saw the same, ~65 guests and 8 Members. I can come here these days and read all of the new posts in 5-10 minutes, tops. I am wondering if something is going on with this many Guests. I am NOT in any way not wanting said guests to be here, welcome (I think), but I find it curious is all.......with the upcoming civil suits (Zenaida Gonzales & TES), and remembering reading about Amy Singer and the DT mining the various web forms and "blogs", etc., for info, lots of guests, just saying, is all ............

IMO, MOO, etc.

You must remember this......

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...team-tweaked-tactics-in-response-1607293.html

Snippett from article:

Every day of the trial, Singer and her revolving team of at least five people scanned thousands of tweets, Facebook posts and messages from bloggers.

They read through tweets on WFTV.com, Orlando Sentinel's @OSCaseyAnthony Twitter feed and other local media sites, gauging opinions about defense and state attorneys, witness testimonies, evidence and especially the focal point of the trial — Casey Anthony.

Those opinions were presented to Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, who initially had his doubts about the social media tactic. Ultimately, Singer said, Baez would decide how and what he was willing to adjust in his trial strategy.

When public opinion on Twitter or Facebook changed dramatically, Singer said she made it clear to the defense that they needed to tweak their strategy.

"A perfect example was Cindy Anthony," Singer recalled. "People hated her when she admitted to the chloroform searches, but there were many who said she lied out of motherly instinct. They felt a kinship, especially mothers. In closing, the defense softened its approach and said she lied to protect [Casey Anthony]."

Singer, a trial consultant and litigation psychologist with experience in high-profile cases like the O.J. Simpson trial, William Kennedy Smith rape case and the Jack Kevorkian euthanasia case, said she learned plenty from the countless hours spent reading and analyzing social media traffic.

"I've spent 32 years listening to people's reactions to trial stimulus, but it's never been anything like this," Singer said. "This whole case was driven by social media. We really tapped into people's minds and I think it's a tool that should be used by defense and prosecution."

A very thoughtful and sensible post imo krkrjx. I know some things I say may not be well recieved because they probably aren't what people want to hear. I'm sorry for that. Don't shoot the messenger.

Yes, many people seem to be confusing parole w/probation. My brother was on probation for a minor drug charge so I know a good deal about probation in FL. The PO has a fair amount of latitude and is expected to make every person on probation succesful. I doubt Casey is getting any special treatment, other than protecting the details of her locaiton and meetings with her PO.

Out of curiosity I searched public records, and there isn't a Tax Lien Recorded against Casey in Orange County FL. It may have been satisfied (paid) or she could owe and there isn't a lien.

It seems there is a lot of unverified information being promoted as fact. IMO it is truly shameful that people start such rumors, basically tell lies, and condemn Casey for lying all in the same breath.

I'm not perfect so please don't think I'm preaching.

-----------------
Hi Harley, I dont think you are preaching. I am wondering what would they put a lien on? unless they can put one against any future earnings, she doesnt own anything. :floorlaugh: :seeya:

-----------------
Hi Harley, I dont think you are preaching. I am wondering what would they put a lien on? unless they can put one against any future earnings, she doesnt own anything. :floorlaugh: :seeya:

Well right now there's the computer, the nose ring, the jewelry she's wearing in the videos and her personal clothing. That would be a start.:crazy:

Casey is paying off her fines

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6214545

Defendant ANTHONY, CASEY M
Total Financial Assessment 1,149.92
Total Payments and Credits 1,149.92
Balance Due as of 02/02/2012 0.00

02/01/2012 Counter Payment Receipt # CR-2012-05863 ANTHONY, CASEY M (338.00)

A certain alleged RH claims that she can file for early release now that her check fines are paid off.... I don't know how that works, but wonder if something is up.
(And how did she pay these fines when she has no money? :waitasec: )

Casey is paying off her fines

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6214545

A certain alleged RH claims that she can file for early release now that her check fines are paid off.... I don't know how that works, but wonder if something is up.
(And how did she pay these fines when she has no money? :waitasec: )

She didn't pay that whole amount yesterday.The amount paid yesterday was $338.00. If you scroll up the transaction list, you see a charge of $348 from Feb 2010 that doesn't appear to have ever been paid. It is described as a transaction assessment. I don't see fines anywhere on this list of financial activity. It looks more like filings and copies, etc charges.

If there were fines or any fees required to be paid to her probation, I don't see any of that on this county court record.

IMO

If nothing else I am sure mommy dearest is doleing out cash to her.

She didn't pay that whole amount yesterday.The amount paid yesterday was $338.00. If you scroll up the transaction list, you see a charge of $348 from Feb 2010 that doesn't appear to have ever been paid. It is described as a transaction assessment. I don't see fines anywhere on this list of financial activity. It looks more like filings and copies, etc charges.

If there were fines or any fees required to be paid to her probation, I don't see any of that on this county court record.

IMO

Yeah, I put the $338.00 line in my original post. I don't know if these are fines
or charges. I am thinking the latter. Might have been the wrong choice of words. Regardless, I thought she was broke. :waitasec:

Yeah, I put the $338.00 line in my original post. I don't know if these are fines
or charges. I am thinking the latter. Might have been the wrong choice of words. Regardless, I thought she was broke. :waitasec:

Well, for most of us, not having a job would mean we are broke. However, for her that doesn't seem to be the case. :waitasec:

Defendant ANTHONY, CASEY M
Total Financial Assessment 1,149.92
Total Payments and Credits 1,149.92

02/01/2012 Counter Payment Receipt # CR-2012-05863 ANTHONY, CASEY M (338.00)

It's paid off, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members