Sidebar Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not ready to assume that just because SC took in a baby killer that he has bad intentions. I am not ready to assume that just because SC is a church leader that he has good intentions. And I am certainly not ready to assume that because KC has taken refuge with church people that she did it for redemption.

I am not ready to assume that just because SC took in a baby killer that he has bad intentions. I am not ready to assume that just because SC is a church leader that he has good intentions. And I am certainly not ready to assume that because KC has taken refuge with church people that she did it for redemption.

Amen. (again with the puns)

I agree with you - and you are clearly outdoing me these days with your logic - and your last sentence made me laugh out loud!!

Who but a well meaning church leader of any kind would take her in - and in this case coincidently this church got new school computers and the place got recarpeting around the same time as FCA turned up...:innocent:

I watched JVM and Nancy Grace last night, this case was on both shows. The parents of baby Ayla reminded me of Misty and Ronald Cummings. In fact this case reminds me of the Haleigh Cummings case :-( Another beautiful innocent gone and nobody cares and nobody will be held responsible :-(

So many cases out there of children and infants just vanishing into thin air. This is one of the things that bothers me so much about what happened to Caylee. And the younger the parents are, it seems to me, the more severe the crime is. They shouldn't be having babies if they don't want them in the first place and even if they don't believe in abortion, there are literally hundreds of thousands of couples who can't have any that would be suitable parents.

I think the lack of bug evidence, who are in the initial stages of decomp made it pretty clear Caylee was in the trunk for three or less days. In the Florida heat, the amount of decomp in 9/10 days would be.......impossible to type.

Looking at the evidence I can't believe it possible she was still in the trunk on the 24th. Just the odor alone would have made it horrendous, without even thinking of the amount of liquid decomp.....
P12 HELLO. Ugh.

Thank you for this. I hate seeing the Baptist title thrown around in a negative light. I'm a southern Baptist and have been for many many years now. I belong to a fantastic church with a wonderful pastor. Don't go thinking we're all nuts, now! :)

I was raised southern Baptist and also have attended some wonderful churches. Believe me, we're definitely not all nuts.

There are some nuts in all churches, but there are nuts in just about every group, religious or not.

P12 HELLO. Ugh.

LOL You aren't saying you think any of them would take her in are you? They didn't want anything to do with her - just wanted to get the heck out of town. To me these folks were "not MY problem" kind of folks...

I was raised southern Baptist and also have attended some wonderful churches. Believe me, we're definitely not all nuts.

There are some nuts in all churches, but there are nuts in just about every group, religious or not.

Thanks to both you and SindyBill for your remarks re Southern Baptists. Although I have no experience with the Baptist faith, I get very uncomfortable when any all inclusive statements are made about "anything". All most every barrel we could pick is bound to have a few rotten apples, but that doesn't mean the whole lot of them are.

I just had a thought! I was reading on the lawyer thread and someone asked if JB could be sued by KC for not advising her to hold back money for taxes on the Caylee pic money. The answer was yes, he could be found liable unless he had a waiver signed saying that he wasn't representing her in that aspect. Now, here's my thought: JB probably NEVER thought KC would walk free! He probably didn't think anything like that would ever be necessary! He probably is screwed! :floorlaugh:

I just had a thought! I was reading on the lawyer thread and someone asked if JB could be sued by KC for not advising her to hold back money for taxes on the Caylee pic money. The answer was yes, he could be found liable unless he had a waiver signed saying that he wasn't representing her in that aspect. Now, here's my thought: JB probably NEVER thought KC would walk free! He probably didn't think anything like that would ever be necessary! He probably is screwed! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Isn't it amazing that even in quiet news moments like these - we can always find "happy thoughts" to amuse ourselves.....:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I agree with you - and you are clearly outdoing me these days with your logic - and your last sentence made me laugh out loud!!

Who but a well meaning church leader of any kind would take her in - and in this case coincidently this church got new school computers and the place got recarpeting around the same time as FCA turned up...:innocent:

Ya know...it's really hard not to be skeptical of people who do things like give safe harbor to a baby killer. There are good people in the world, the kind who do the right things for the right reasons, but when we see rewards like these new computers and new carpeting (and who knows what else), it's difficult to accept that this is a good deed done for spiritual reasons. It is not a stretch to think they may have done it solely for what's in it for them.

I hope she does sue him. I personally do not care how the infighting starts, as long as it does.

Ya know...it's really hard not to be skeptical of people who do things like give safe harbor to a baby killer. There are good people in the world, the kind who do the right things for the right reasons, but when we see rewards like these new computers and new carpeting (and who knows what else), it's difficult to accept that this is a good deed done for spiritual reasons. It is not a stretch to think they may have done it solely for what's in it for them.

Oh I agree! It was the blanket "Baptists" coverage I was referring to. Or certainly an individual in a leadership role providing the "lead" while the rest trustingly like sheep followed along. From what I read, it was presented as a prayer for donations, and a miracle that was answered mere days afterwards with thanks to our Maker...:innocent:

Lo and behold and all that...new stuff...

Apart from the $200,000 ABC paid OCA, I wonder how the $70,000 "donation" made by Todd Macaluso has to be declared?
That is a very large gift or donation to give a stranger.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...20_1_defense-team-todd-macaluso-casey-anthony

Anthony initially paid for her defense with $200,000 she received from ABC News for her family photos and videos, $5,000 from a private donor and $70,000 from attorney Todd Macaluso, who was a part of the defense team until he got in trouble with the California Bar.

Anthony's attorney José Baez said she paid him nearly $90,000 from that money. The rest was used for other defense expenses.

So many cases out there of children and infants just vanishing into thin air. This is one of the things that bothers me so much about what happened to Caylee. And the younger the parents are, it seems to me, the more severe the crime is. They shouldn't be having babies if they don't want them in the first place and even if they don't believe in abortion, there are literally hundreds of thousands of couples who can't have any that would be suitable parents.

I dont believe in abortion, but at this point I think its better than abusing and murdering young children.

I hope the IRS is already building their cases for tax evasion, etc. as we sit here discussing all of this.
If not, maybe someone from the government reading these posts will be motivated enough to push the right buttons.

I agree - I wish there was a way to get beyond the cuteness image of a new baby and have potential young "parents" understand what a tremendous commitment of personal time a child is..must be...They can't be put down, turned off, etc., like an ipad or a cellphone or any kind of a new toy. They are living, demanding, completely vulnerable little creatures who must be looked after 24 hours around the clock, every day, every month, every year for about 20 years. I just don't think kids "get" the enormity of it.

I agree - I wish there was a way to get beyond the cuteness image of a new baby and have potential young "parents" understand what a tremendous commitment of personal time a child is..must be...They can't be put down, turned off, etc., like an ipad or a cellphone or any kind of a new toy. They are living, demanding, completely vulnerable little creatures who must be looked after 24 hours around the clock, every day, every month, every year for about 20 years. I just don't think kids "get" the enormity of it.

It's amazing what a good case of Raging Hormones can make you forget. I've even seen it happen in older people.

It's amazing what a good case of Raging Hormones can make you forget. I've even seen it happen in older people.

How true is that! :floorlaugh: And I even see this :waitasec: in my younger friends who are almost hitting 40 and having their first child One dear friend had a baby girl last March and even though we talked about the "every three hours" around the clock for at least the first six months, she is shocked at how exhausted she is. And how nothing else but "baby" gets done.

It's a big celebration ( of sleeping for her) when the darling sleeps for seven hours at one stretch. She said OMG how long does this go one? Told her not much longer - just a couple of years...:innocent:

ITA...IMO there was much more time and energy spent on the penalty phase of the trial then the guilt/innocence phase by the DT.
Whatever negitivity smashes into anyone who was or is involved in this womans life, I welcome with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy