Sidebar Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of the topic of KC, but since this is the Sidebar, I need some advice. I am either going to buy a new laptop or a tablet. Anyone have any pros or cons on one over the other? I was in my bedroom laying down the other evening and wanted so bad to be able to log on here while I was in bed watching tv. Lol! How sad is that? I usually am on my desktop. I have a laptop that needs replacing due to age and have given some thought to a tablet. Does anyone have any input that might be helpful on tablet vs laptop? TIA!

JMO but if all you need to do is get on the net, check email, facebook, etc, you can get a Nook Tablet for $250 ($225 if you are a member of Barnes Nobles, they give you a $25 coupon). I love mine.

It is wi-fi but not 3 or 4G.

Any word on that new playground that was under construction for us? Last I heard it was a few days from launch, but I havent heard anything else. Anybody?

It will open within the next 48 hours. I PROMISE.

We were working non-stop on it and hoping to open it Sunday night when the devastating news on the Powell case broke. Mods have been working around the clock...literally.

Sorry for the delay.

I have believed that her parents allowed the terrible allegations from the trial in order to get her off...from the death penalty. It was their strategy.
No one really believed that she would go free.

I do not think they are harmed by her horrible accusations, because they knew it was for the reason to get her off. Hell...they agreed to it. That is why they were not surprised at trial.

She is free. They won. That was their only concern. They will continue to support her because they do not believe her horrible accusations. They understand she made these accusations in order to get off. Which she did. Even though they knew her accusations were false. That is when they finally knew she killed their Caylee.

RIP Caylee...

Sure they did if they have the actual tape, but then why aren't they actually showing the videotape?

anyway, if people don't click on the RadarOnLine link to read this story or view the tape, then maybe they will not get their $$$'s worth, and see that people's interest in FCA is waning, and not pay her anymore in the future. That is my hope, anyway, by not clicking on the link.

We already saw a few seconds of that narcissistic video with her nose ring, why do I need to see what remains? does she grow horns in the remaining segment? what else in that video could possibly interest me? and I'm not asking you R0004, just asking a rhetorical question.

IMO, MOO, etc.
I will not click! lol

Let her make ALL the videos and go out as much as she wants. I truly believe that some nut will take her out. If she thinks she's invincible, let her think that.

It will open within the next 48 hours. I PROMISE.

We were working non-stop on it and hoping to open it Sunday night when the devastating news on the Powell case broke. Mods have been working around the clock...literally.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the update, Beach! I think we were all devastated by the news of the Powells. Such a horror! We hope that the Mods know that all of us posters are here for ya'll.

I have a hunch you're correct about the Special Master.. Who knows what kind of shenanigans Green and the rest of FCA's "team" would try to pull during the deposition of Tim Miller. For one thing, I hope they don't turn the darn thing into a marathon depo the way they did for Zenaida...
It infuriates me that everyone except her has to complete their depositions. Is she EVER going to have to answer any questions? I know it's wasted energy but it really makes me angry.

It infuriates me that everyone except her has to complete their depositions. Is she EVER going to have to answer any questions? I know it's wasted energy but it really makes me angry.

I believe she will not have to answer while her appeal is open. I think it has something to do with her constitutional rights to not incriminate herself. I am not referring to not incriminating herself in either the TES or ZG cases, but the issues of her appeal. Under normal circumstances this might not apply because of them being separate issues, but since her appeal is an attempt to have her lying convictions either overturned or reduced (one ongoing lie rather than numerous separate lies) there is the possibility that said appeal could be jeopardized if she were to answer certain questions now in any venue...questions about why did she lie about this, and why about that, etc.

I believe that once these civil suits are a done deal, the needed filings for the appeal will speed up noticeably.

JMO.

I believe she will not have to answer while her appeal is open. I think it has something to do with her constitutional rights to not incriminate herself. I am not referring to not incriminating herself in either the TES or ZG cases, but the issues of her appeal. Under normal circumstances this might not apply because of them being separate issues, but since her appeal is an attempt to have her lying convictions either overturned or reduced (one ongoing lie rather than numerous separate lies) there is the possibility that said appeal could be jeopardized if she were to answer certain questions now in any venue...questions about why did she lie about this, and why about that, etc.

I believe that once these civil suits are a done deal, the needed filings for the appeal will speed up noticeably.

JMO.
Thanks for the info :) I'm probably going to embarrass myself with this question...Wouldn't it make sense to settle the appeal first, then let her be deposed, then proceed with the civil cases? Seems like it'll be impossible to have the civil cases proceed fairly without having her deposition. Right?

Thanks for the info :) I'm probably going to embarrass myself with this question...Wouldn't it make sense to settle the appeal first, then let her be deposed, then proceed with the civil cases? Seems like it'll be impossible to have the civil cases proceed fairly without having her deposition. Right?

I am not sure they could even if they want to. Her attorneys, I mean. The appeals process is usually a long one, and the civil cases have been filed and the plaintiffs have a right to resolution in a timely manner.

If you check out her appeal docket online you will see that the record submitted is in many volumes, in numerous boxes. There is a lot of stuff for the appeals court to go through if this appeal progresses normally.

Plus, appeals courts tend to be backlogged due to the sheer volume of cases they have to get through.

Just wanted to say :seeya: to everyone!!! School started back up a couple of weeks ago and I am utterly swamped, but I still come and read what you guys are saying everyday. I just haven't had time to post. I hope you are all well and thanks for always keeping me updated.

the thing for those suing her is, if she pleads the 5th to everything, in a civil trial, the jury is instructed or allowed to consider those as admissions of guilt. as in, basically, automatic win.

so....no fun for us, but it's jackpot for those suing.

Off of the topic of KC, but since this is the Sidebar, I need some advice. I am either going to buy a new laptop or a tablet. Anyone have any pros or cons on one over the other? I was in my bedroom laying down the other evening and wanted so bad to be able to log on here while I was in bed watching tv. Lol! How sad is that? I usually am on my desktop. I have a laptop that needs replacing due to age and have given some thought to a tablet. Does anyone have any input that might be helpful on tablet vs laptop? TIA!

I've been loving my Kindle Fire to read here at Websleuths while I'm in bed watching TV. I was surprised by how well the forums adjust to fit the 7" screen, so I don't have to scroll across to read. I like a tablet better than a laptop for reading in bed, because it's lighter and smaller, so I can snuggle in and get comfortable better. :eek:fftobed:

If you want a larger font without having to scroll across, I'd suggest a 10" tablet. I personally prefer the 7" size, but a lot of people like a 10" screen. My brother has a Galaxy Tab that he's really happy with, and that's probably what I'd go with if I wanted a larger tablet. Also, you can get a keyboard case for a tablet that essentially turns it into a baby laptop... the top part of the case holds the tablet as your screen, and then the bottom part of the case holds a keyboard that connects via either USB or Bluetooth. So that would be nice if you wanted to do much typing.

Personally, I would only get a laptop if I needed the extra processing power, like for gaming. Or if I needed to do a LOT of typing, like for school or work projects, or if I just wanted to write a lot of long posts. ;) Otherwise, a tablet is way more portable and versatile, IMO. Plus I have my desktop for the other things I would use a laptop for, so I just need something that lets me read forums in bed. :D

If the felon Casey Anthony is lurking here (and why wouldn't she be? The loser's focus seems to be following herself online), then just a shout out ...you are NOT interesting; you are predictable, lazy, vain, a user and a bum, not to mention a killer. I check in daily at WS while waiting for the other shoe to drop, which it will, and then you - offender Anthony, the liar, thief and murderer - will take a crazy ride on the karma train. That will be a very good day. Until then, here's a reminder of why WSers are really here:

Baby Caylee.jpg

It's all about this beautiful baby. We love you, Caylee Marie.

Sorry for the rant, but the Powell story has got me in such a funk; how can people kill their kids??

:(

I have an iPod touch that I use to read on WS, also. I like how WS has the person's name/avatar above their post. Some sites have the name beside it, which either means scrolling across or having the test too small for my tired old eyes to read.

Oh my God the Changing Your Mind thread...*sits on hands* *sits on hands* *sits on hands*

the thing for those suing her is, if she pleads the 5th to everything, in a civil trial, the jury is instructed or allowed to consider those as admissions of guilt. as in, basically, automatic win.

so....no fun for us, but it's jackpot for those suing.

KC not answering for the civil cases is not to her benefit in those cases. However, answering for the civil cases could affect her appeals case, at least that is the defense's belief. If it is at all a possibility that it would negatively affect the appeal, she has the legal right to not answer. Most likely KC is not as concerned about losing the civil cases as she is about jeopardizing her appeal.

At least, that's how it looks to me.

KC not answering for the civil cases is not to her benefit in those cases. However, answering for the civil cases could affect her appeals case, at least that is the defense's belief. If it is at all a possibility that it would negatively affect the appeal, she has the legal right to not answer. Most likely KC is not as concerned about losing the civil cases as she is about jeopardizing her appeal.

At least, that's how it looks to me.

This cracks me up because the appeal is for lying, for which she has already served time. So what in Hades is she so afraid of? It's not like she would go back to jail. Unbelievable. I know it's her right, but still. The right seems to be absurdly used in this instance.

I have believed that her parents allowed the terrible allegations from the trial in order to get her off...from the death penalty. It was their strategy.
No one really believed that she would go free.

I do not think they are harmed by her horrible accusations, because they knew it was for the reason to get her off. Hell...they agreed to it. That is why they were not surprised at trial.

She is free. They won. That was their only concern. They will continue to support her because they do not believe her horrible accusations. They understand she made these accusations in order to get off. Which she did. Even though they knew her accusations were false. That is when they finally knew she killed their Caylee.

RIP Caylee...

I agree with everything you said here EXCEPT the last sentence. They do not believe she killed Caylee....they believe she drowned accidentally and they have forgiven FCA. End of story. Everybody can go on with their lives.

So with all of this hulabaloo, all of the lies, misinformation, obfuscation, mis-statements, mistakes and 3 years worth of buffoonery the basic question is....did FCA kill Caylee on purpose, or was it an accident? That's it. You are in one camp or the other.
I'm NOT in the accident camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member