Sidebar Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch that but Patty G. - thank you - posted a two part Wesh.com interview with Mason done recently because Mason is saying he has not read JB's book and has no intention of doing so.

Is part 2 any better? Blah blahed his way through part one - poor FCA, no respect for the wonderful jury blah blah- but said she is "free" on August something? The 24th, the 25th of August? That was a surprise....to me anyhow...

This answers my question yesterday re: Have we heard from Mason yet about Jose's book? Okay - I won't ask about him again...

Actually, I've read that it's the 21st of August... :seeya:

:blowkiss: Thank you for understanding. I feel more like a :bang: danged fool for ever thinking, for being open minded enough I'd find some document, some form of actual proof of what he's spewing. Instead it was, well enough has been written and brought out. Just glad I didn't sit and read like my BFF did and boy! Did she have a LOT to say about it, all negative and she had not paid any attention to this case. I do want to share one thing she said, that I can repeat here, called him a ferret faced weasel:giggle:.

BigMomma didn't mention early on when you went to the book store that your BFF was taking notes and you were going to share those with us?? :please: or did I mis-read that?? :fence:

has anyone noticed that the Kindle edition has been reduced to 12.99?
way to go Baez!!!!

BigMomma didn't mention early on when you went to the book store that your BFF was taking notes and you were going to share those with us?? :please: or did I mis-read that?? :fence:

No, all true. She is off for a few days and going to see her a little later for festivities so it's coming around the corner. Timing was all wrong as she has a very time consuming job and I thought she'd hurry and send yesterday, I bugged enough(Hurry! Where is it?, Hurry!), but she did do a lot of shorthand. Some may have already been covered in here., some I know was covered about GA. That's where I headed for 1st because it is such a hot topic begging to be answered, but fell flat, fit of anger. 'It's in the book', sure, JB:banghead:

Casey Anthony sure has Mason hoodwinked into thinking she's a "nice" girl! She's so good at being what those around her want her to be! He's representing her in her appeal and I'm betting he's still working pro bono.

Among the many things in this interview that vexed me was the statement he made aobut how she loves to learn. If that were true, why didn't she use the time she's been in isolation to take an online class? If I had been one to advise her, I would have recommended she take a GED course and get her high school diploma. Instead, he says she is gardening, cooking, cleaning and watching old movies and tv programs like I Love Lucy. We know the awful books she has been reading from a previous Mason interview.

Also, since she's nearing the end of her probation, she's stopped her "grief counseling" and religious activities. I wish those topics had been brought up!

Yep, she continues to use Mason and he's an easy mark.

How'd you like hearing that she had the qualities of a Girl Scout? I don't know about that. From where I'm from a Girl Scout didn't Lie or steal. Neither were we taught to disrespect our parents or grandparents. They certainly didn't teach us to enter hot body contest and we we're never pictured peeing on the curb or doing the dirty dance and kissing other women. Gee, Girl Scouts really must have changed since I was a child.

You know - I've been thinking while I was over at Amazon reading the reviews - heh heh - that I'm actually really disappointed in Baez's book. No, seriously - :truce: hear me out.

Ashton wrote a fabulous book full of details - and Baez had the opportunity to really challenge it. Well not really I suppose - but what he's produced is a bunch of drivel that is easy to challenge with the facts and evidence. He could have provided much more detail about FCA that we don't know about - but then of course, I remembered that after the first six months, he rarely saw her. Months went by with just the minions he sent - that social worker and his assistant Michelle went from time to time - but if I remember right, four or five months would go by without him dropping in.

And...I don't know why he's sent people in to give five star reviews because for sure that's going to backfire - I'd be as mad as heck if I was told something was fabulous and it turned out to be rubbish!

He was on again, for the 'one year anniversary' of the trial, apparently.

Is this some new fangled idea, to celebrate something like this? I find it very maddening they do this, but not one time have I ever seen that side having a a kind remembering moment or word for CAYLEE.

Thank God for caring people here, other places in cyberland and beyond who will never forget CAYLEE.

Need to go......:heartbeat:

It's almost August and time to get ready for the evil spawn's appearance. It will not be tolerated by most thinking and reasonable people. She is hated, truly hated. I imagine we will see her mother with her at some point. I wonder if cindy will be bringing her baseball bat...:waiting:

tvguyhal ‏@tvguyhal

Jose Baez: How much does he hate Nancy Grace, WFTV? http://goo.gl/fb/QvHeB

It's getting kind of humorous watching Baez and Mason falling all over themselves calling everyone liars and blaming everything on everyone else as if they are defending their prized possession...Casey. Just read it and we'll add that to his long list of all the people that he thinks are incompetent, like LE, the FBI, Dr. G. Medical examiner, Cindy,George, who else? Mason's list keeps growing too! Just watched his little interview, lets, see who he's added to his list, The General public, The Attorney General, other Lawyers, etc. So, everyone is ignorant or incompetent, according to these two with the exception of themselves and oh yeah, least we forget...Casey. Mason was discussing that he had thought about retirement before the trial but is now considering it since the trial is done. You think! Wise move. Looks like he'll have his hands full helping Casey to decide what to do with the rest of her life. When asked in the interview what Casey plans on doing, Mason did'nt start by saying "she' he started by saying "we" haven't decided. Just as I thought.

We have to remember cindy and her spawn don't mind being hated. To them, it is all about attention. They like it either way.

The only thing that bothers either one of them is if somebody tries to force them to part with their money. This is the only thing that will bother them. They consider it war when you start messing with their money.

New Book by Casey's Lawyer Baez, says:

People were reacting not with intellligence or objectivity as to the evidence, but rather with hatred and anger towards his client. Certainly I'd say all of us if we were honest with the reaction to Cayley's death, and her mother's rather odd behaviors, would agree, that hatred and therefore, bias was immediately prevelant reactions and seen as less then objective in this regard and case:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...aez-makes-the-case-for-his-clients-innocence/

extract from link:

In "Presumed Guilty," Baez makes a compelling case for Anthony's innocence, revealing bits of evidence not introduced at trial - including rips in the shorts Caylee was buried in, and phone records that he says correspond with Casey's version of what happened the day Caylee died.

On the eve of the anniversary of Anthony's acquittal, Crimesider spoke with Baez about preparing for the trial, confronting Casey Anthony's father with allegations of incest, and why he believed Casey when she told him Caylee drowned in the family pool.

Crimesider: Why did you write this book?

Jose Baez: I always thought the verdict would have at least drawn people to ask, Why did the jury reach this verdict, as opposed to criticizing that the jury reached this verdict. Part of my dedication to the book is to the jury who made the sacrifices that no one else made in this case.

Crimesider: What kind of pressure did you feel as you prepared for this case?

Baez: My client hadn't had hadn't her day in court and what was happening right away was this vilification of her. The biggest pressure I had was trying to minimize that or deflect it. As it turns out there was really was nothing I could do about it.

Crimesider: What did you think about the anger people felt toward Casey?

Baez: I was kind of shocked by it because, as a defense lawyer, you see far worse. You know, there are crime scenes where you see two, three people deceased. I was kind of thrown back by it a little bit, like, why is this case getting people so much angrier than the others?

Crimesider: Was it something about Casey herself?

Baez: I think Casey Anthony's story, the whole case, was a media phenomenon. And I say that because she was young, pretty and white. If it didn't have those elements to it I don't think it would have taken off.

Crimesider: Before going to trial, what were your fears?

Baez: I was afraid that this trial would be decided on emotions, and not the evidence.

Crimesider: In the book, you write about the day you confronted George Anthony and accused him of sexually abusing Casey. What was his reaction?

Baez: When we sat him down and we talked to him he didn't deny it. He just sat there and wanted to know what more she had to say.

Crimesider: You mention in the book that you were surprised and saddened to learn that Casey basically had no friends or supporters. Why do you think she didn't have people who she was close to and who came to her side?

Baez: There's a clear indication that she had issues with building relationships and that those are a recognized symptom of sexual abuse. Trust issues, is what I should say. And in order to build relationships you need to build trust. If you can't trust people, then your relationships are pretty much superficial.

Crimesider: You also write that it seemed as though Casey actually enjoyed being in jail. Why do you think that was?

Baez: I think it was a safe place where she had structure, you know. If you look at some of the computer searches [on Casey's home computer], everybody made a big deal of the "neck-breaking" searches. Well, the neck-breaking came from a self defense kung-fu website. And the searches prior to that were using household items as weapons - self defense for women. What does that tell you? It told me that somebody doesn't feel safe in their home.

Crimesider: One of the things everyone talked about was the fact that Casey lied a lot. In fact, the only she thing she was convicted of in this case was lying to police. Did you worry that she was lying to you? Did you catch her lying to you?

Baez: Whatever she told me I had to corroborate it. The position that we were in when she had been caught in all of the lies was that no one would believe her. It was like the boy who cried wolf.

Crimesider: When she first told you that Caylee had died by drowning in the family's backyard pool - the scenario you raised as the truth about Caylee's death - did you believe her?

Baez: When I initially heard it I thought it made sense, but I wasn't so ready jump onboard. When you do this long enough you start to take a less emotional and more objective approach. And my objective approach was okay, I'm going go back and look at every single piece - every document in this case and every single piece of evidence and I'm going try and disprove what she said. And I couldn't do it. In fact, to the contrary, I started finding things that I missed that actually helped prove it.

Crimesider: What kind of things?

Baez: [Casey's mother] Cindy's testimony that the day Caylee died, she comes home and finds the ladder [to the pool] up - not a week, not a month later, not a couple weeks before, but the actual day of June 16th. Something so out of the ordinary occurred that day that she remembers - so much so that the very next day she went to work and told people about it.

Crimesider: In the book you go over a couple pieces of evidence not revealed at trial that bolster your theory that Caylee died in the family's pool while both Casey and her father were home, and that her father buried the little girl. What do you think is the most important thing people should know that you didn't get to put out there during the case?

Baez: I think there were several pieces. One is the phone records that showed that she hadn't left the area of the home until 4:16 p.m. [on June 16, 2008 - the last day anyone saw Caylee alive, and the day Baez believes the little girl drowned in the pool] and that she headed directly towards Tony Lazzaro's house, contrary to her leaving at 12:50 [as her father had said she did] and then going somewhere else.

And Dr. Henry Lee [a forensic scientist] found actual rips on [Caylee's] clothing that showed that perhaps these shorts didn't fit her. The testimony that we were able to get out of trial was that she hadn't worn those shorts in almost a year because she had outgrown them. And so whoever put those clothes on her was not familiar with dressing her. As a mother you know what fits your child and what doesn't fit your child

You know I just don't get it, I would think he would want to write this book to make himself look better, more professional. Instead he looks like a complete fool and very unprofessional!

Laughing and joking about Zanny, admitting he himself thought the trunk smelled like death.
Just strange to me he would admit to that <shrugs>

T

I have not read it, just noticed it on my Desktop as "news" therefore, didn't even know people were discussing it all along today, on this thred.

IF you read the book, does he admit that the body was in the trunk, but that she drowned as they maintain she did in the back yard swimming pool?

What does he imply in the book about George the grandfather and his role (beyond the incest allegations)? As to Cayley's body and hiding of the body?

Does he go on with an hypothosis about why Cayley's shorts were torn and not shorts that Casey would have dressed her own child in? Perhaps a man would have however??

I have not read it, just noticed it on my Desktop as "news" therefore, didn't even know people were discussing it all along today, on this thred.

IF you read the book, does he admit that the body was in the trunk, but that she drowned as they maintain she did in the back yard swimming pool?

What does he imply in the book about George the grandfather and his role (beyond the incest allegations)? As to Cayley's body and hiding of the body?

Does he go on with an hypothosis about why Cayley's shorts were torn and not shorts that Casey would have dressed her own child in? Perhaps a man would have however??

What hypothesis is there other than the same scavengers who devoured her flesh and dragged her bones over a wide area where she was dumped, tore her shorts in doing so ?

If someone other than Casey dressed her in the shorts then it was Caylee herself - at 2 yrs old she was having to get her own breakfast out of the frige while her 'mother' slept or yakked on the phone. She was a neglected child, just not when the cameras were turned on....

OMG! Baez? What was this like his third or fourth case? He's talking as if he has been defending and winning for years. He never won a case before..

Cindy spun the story about Caylee's shorts...omg! Cindy brought the pics of herself in a bathing suit on the ladder to prove Caylee drowned. What a farce! I have to say that the judge should never have allowed those pics. They had nothing to do with the crime. There was no connection except in the little brains of the defense and jury who managed to somehow connect that dot...,yet couldn't make the leap about the decomp in the trunk and the non-reporting of Caylee missing for 31 days.

He does not admit the body was in the trunk. He says there should've been DNA, he says the hair with the band was caused by the elements because they only found one, he says the blow fly leg is just one leg, that there should've been more if there was a body. That blow flies are not JUST attracted to dead bodies.

He doesn't really talk too much about the Anthonys, or even Casey for that matter. The book is really about him, his trial prep, his experiences with the experts and the evidence. He says that the child was obviously loved. The story is pretty much the same as at trial, which he says is a story Casey told him. That her father woke her up looking for Caylee, then he found her in the pool and told Casey he would take care of it. He has reasons why George wouldn't report it. Perhaps he was abusing Caylee when she died, perhaps he thought he could be Caylee's father (he says Casey told George that he WAS Caylee's father) and didn't want anyone to know.

I still have a hard time understanding what they think happened to the body. He says Caylee's body was put where it was so that it would be found and it is implied that George puts her there. Apparently in Kronk's first call he mentions a white board or something that was never found. That this was to mark where her body was. Kronk then moved a fallen tree to hide the body better. At least I think that is his point. A lot of it is not totally clear, and I guess that is so he can't get sued.

As for the shorts, he states that Henry Lee would testified that, besides rips and tears from the elements/scavengers, etc, that they wore torn when they were put on the child. It doesn't state how he could tell this specifically. He says that this implies a person dressed her who did not normally dress her. That they had an idea of who this was and hoped the jury could make the connection as well. Clearly this implies it was George.

And yes, he says he bought a saw at Wal Mart. That it was 3 am on Christmas and they didn't have one available and nothing was open. they tried with a saw provided to them from the funeral home, because they assumed the skull would've been opened, Spitz did not bring his tools.

The book was a lot of finger pointing at the cops, that they should've looked at Casey like she was crazy, not like she was a liar. A lot of finger pointing at the media. There was a lot of making fun of Jeff Ashton. There was not a lot of Casey in the book. He explains how he finally got her to drop the "Zanny the Nanny" thing and how he got her to tell him about the "molestation."

I will say, and this is probably an unpopular opinion, that I have read both Jeff Ashton and Jose Baez's book and I have come away just really disliking both men. Not because of either book, I disliked them both before but I had hoped maybe the books would make them more likeable. I think both books recount the evidence from their own point of view and include a ton of name calling of the other side and justification for their own bad behavior. Jose's book does include more stuff I didn't know, but this is simply by virtue of the Sunshine Law and on top of that I have no idea if I believe any of it. Having finished the books, I am just saddened that there is really NO ONE in this case to really root for. I guess I was hoping for a Sharon Rocha to emerge and there is just not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01