Sidebar Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would she have had time to get a passport after she was released from jail? Who says they are in Mexico except the NE? And who believes them?
Probably Baez and the media - Baez makes a statement about Mexico and wealthy lovers and the NE releases a pic from Baez but nobody says the pic was actually taken in Mexico at such and such a place on a particular date. Nope, they just hope assumptions will be made and pics and statements linked without question - and sure...I always just believe what Baez and the media tell me.

The photo of KC at the beach on the cover of the NE is a older photo that has Caylee cropped out.
See this post of mine.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7169051&postcount=285"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TV Station Pushes for Release of ICA Jailhouse Video[/ame]

Watching NG talking about the MJ trial. Jean C. said the jurors are on the edge of their seats...taking notes...very attentive. Then she goes "the exact opposite of the Casey Anthony jury"! :eek:

Watching NG talking about the MJ trial. Jean C. said the jurors are on the edge of their seats...taking notes...very attentive. Then she goes "the exact opposite of the Casey Anthony jury"! :eek:

HUH! Maybe some good has come out of the trial after all, although I would have been happier with a guilty verdict..

TA...Might not be WS normal topic but I am surprised we are not following since it is being portrayed as the trial of the century. It might be a good way for some to move on from the A's, although I do believe you can learn more about a case sometimes after it's over and people start talking. I'm not convinced we are not just in "the lull before a storm". My gut keeps telling me there's more to come out!

Almost everything is followed somewhere on WS, even Conrad Murray.
In case it hasn't already been posted for you, here you go -

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=462"]Conrad Murray - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

HUH! Maybe some good has come out of the trial after all, although I would have been happier with a guilty verdict..

...as much as I would have preferred a more appropriate verdict, it does my heart and sense of justice much good to learn that there is an "Anthony" effect. That is, JURIES actually doing their JOB.

(not that the circus that is the MJ trial is a very good example)

OMG! What happened that upset you so much?? It can't have been that bad? Seriously???:waitasec:

With a clearer view, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but it wasn't as powerfully persuasive as i would have preferred if the strategic decision wouldn't have placed me as a hostile witness for the plaintiff and let me roll as a straight up defense witness and simply endure cross and play clean up for another nervous witness.

All in all, you are right logicalgirl.....it couldn't have been THAT bad! it wasn't nearly as bad as the witnesses who were impeached on cross. I need to remember that.

The plaintiff lawyer in this case is a skinner taller version of Jose Baez....I swear the judge wants to kill him at times. :). Too bad the jury rarely sees this.....although I am sure they could hear the sidebar conversations today. i can only hope. i would like to order a large dose of Karma please!!

Hey Sleuthers....

Aside fron NG looking like a fool on the dance floor...::: heavy sigh ::::::
I probably looked far worse in court today. I am certain that I think i was worse than I was, but it was a bad day. I cried for hours afterward. Sometimes i really hate litigation. I hate it when i have no counsel control. Please ...please...let justice and common sense prevail.

:grouphug: I'm sorry you had a bad day. My work sux lately too.

Hey, good catch. Well, at least we know JB did not get any money for that picture. lol

I saw something else interesting in the NE that I've never seen before (that I remember anyway, lol)-- a disclaimer BY the NE that they paid no monies to kc ,JB or any family members for the pics or story.

imo

I must say...the main thing that impressed me about the judge in my current trial is that she instructed the juror's that she does not like them to take notes. She explained that taking notes distracts them from listening and observing the witnesses and testimony because they are too busy writing notes and not observing and absorbing the testimony. I fell in love with her immediately. :)

I do agree that the "Casey Anthony" effect will result in jurors being more attentive and diligent in their duties. At least i hope so....because my daughter's MIL was playing "devil's advocate" with me last week on this case and I really wanted to wring her neck!!

:grouphug: I'm sorry you had a bad day. My work sux lately too.

I am so sorry Strawberry!! i know that feeling and it sucks big time!! I hope it gets better for you. I just really need a defense verdict next week. Remember, this is not a criminal trial, but a totally BS civil claim with serious consequences that i cannot wait to tell the sleuthers about!! I surrender the outcome to the Universe and to World Peace!

And something else that SB (River's sister) mentioned in her deposition was that River was living with her boyfriend. He worked in real estate, left the house around 9 and was back sometime after 4pm. So how did that work out with GA going over to her condo. I suppose GA could have gone over anytime between 9 and 4 but we were led to believe GA was over there at night when he was suppose to be working. Plus would you chance having an affair with someone when you know your live-in boyfriend could just pop in at any time. GA had to sign in and was pulling that big sign all over town at the time. It just does not make a lot of sense that he would be having an affair with someone and not be worried about being caught. It's not as if the A's were not being hounded for interviews by the media. They were easily identifiable. When RC changed her testimony in favor of the defense I said I smell a rat. But that is just me. jmo

It is sometimes surprising the chances a person will take in this situation. GA would have been in a very emotionally fragile place. Maybe looking for relief in any form. At that time, worries about being caught were secondary to fulfilling his emotional needs, IMO.

For those of you who are interested in cable TV ratings, HLN comes in fourth in every prime time timeslot. CNN third in most timeslots, MSNBC second, and FOX a commanding first. In fact, FOX has more primetime viewers than the other cable networks COMBINED.

I hate to say it, but Dr. Drew's show is the lowest rated show of all! JVM beat NG in viewers ages 25-54. These ratings are for just one week, BTW.

It is sometimes surprising the chances a person will take in this situation. GA would have been in a very emotionally fragile place. Maybe looking for relief in any form. At that time, worries about being caught were secondary to fulfilling his emotional needs, IMO.

I wasn't thinking about CA. I was thinking about the boyfriend. That could have gotten really ugly. lol

it's a wonder the tweeterers never noted the juror's drool-soaked clothing, at least we might have had an idea ahead of time :sigh:

You know I haven't been here since the verdict. I decided to focus on positive things and just try to move on. Last night I woke up and was watching an episode of The Investigators on TruTV and it was on Hadden Clark. He killed a 6 year old little girl. What got me was one sentence in the show.
The jury came back after 6 days of deliberation.
That's it. That one sentence made me so angry all over again. That jury did their job. They sought justice for a murdered 6 year old. They didn't convict of 1st degree because there wasn't enough evidence but they discussed, reviewed, asked questions and came to the "common sense conclusion".
I still cannot believe this jury didn't review one single piece of evidence.

I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that during the trial, the TH's, JC, and others were claiming the jurors were riveted to their seats every time JA was examining witnesses, and slumped back and not paying attention when the defense was examining witnesses. They were also saying the jurors were taking lots of notes when JA was speaking except for juror #4 who only took notes when JB was talking. I read tweets from roughly 20 different tweeters who saw the skull photos/duct tape unblurred, and the tweets did not agree with each other as far as what they thought they were seeing. In other words, we can look at the same thing, and still see it entirely different than the person sitting right next to us. JC is just going to say what she thinks will garner her the most praise from her adoring public. It is very popular to criticize anything KC, KC's dt, or KC's jury, so, I would expect all juries in the near future, who come to a guilty verdict, did what KC's jury did not, and all juries who come to a not guilty verdict, must have relatives in Pinellas county.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that during the trial, the TH's, JC, and others were claiming the jurors were riveted to their seats every time JA was examining witnesses, and slumped back and not paying attention when the defense was examining witnesses. They were also saying the jurors were taking lots of notes when JA was speaking except for juror #4 who only took notes when JB was talking. I read tweets from roughly 20 different tweeters who saw the skull photos/duct tape unblurred, and the tweets did not agree with each other as far as what they thought they were seeing. In other words, we can look at the same thing, and still see it entirely different than the person sitting right next to us. JC is just going to say what she thinks will garner her the most praise from her adoring public. It is very popular to criticize anything KC, KC's dt, or KC's jury, so, I would expect all juries in the near future, who come to a guilty verdict, did what KC's jury did not, and all juries who come to a not guilty verdict, must have relatives in Pinellas county.
As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

I agree up until what I bolded, which is a bit extreme to me. Juries come up with decisions we don't like a good percentage of the time. Some actually do deliberate and come up with not guilty. It doesn't mean that they're idiots like the Pinellas 12. I consider the Pinellas 12 to be an aberration of normal juries. They went beyond any common sense or logic at all and relied only on popularity and selfishness to make their decision. I have never seen that level of it in any other jury, not even in the OJ jury. I would hope in the future, regardless of what verdict a jury comes out with, that they actually deliberate and give a crap about the fate of the person and the victim of the case when making their decision. It is scary to me to have seen such depravity and carelessness in any jury as I saw with the Pinellas 12. I sincerely hope that a jury like that NEVER happens again, or humanity is in serious trouble, not just the justice system. I do not want to live in a world where life and death lose all meaning, and it's just everyone for themselves.

wow, now aint that the sad sad truth! why? why? why? I just dont get it!!! I will never get it!!! and ya know what, had i been on that jury and someone (gym teacher, cough, cough) had tried to bully me into thinking "they got nothing" lets acquit, there is no doubt in my mind i would have said, "now wait a minute, lets review this..." and we would have discussed and reviewed the 6 weeks of hell I had been put through. My goodness, a beautiful little girl ended up in a garbage bag in a swamp. Caylee deserved weeks of serious deliberation! Im still sick about this!

I agree up until what I bolded, which is a bit extreme to me. Juries come up with decisions we don't like a good percentage of the time. Some actually do deliberate and come up with not guilty. It doesn't mean that they're idiots like the Pinellas 12. I consider the Pinellas 12 to be an aberration of normal juries. They went beyond any common sense or logic at all and relied only on popularity and selfishness to make their decision. I have never seen that level of it in any other jury, not even in the OJ jury. I would hope in the future, regardless of what verdict a jury comes out with, that they actually deliberate and give a crap about the fate of the person and the victim of the case when making their decision. It is scary to me to have seen such depravity and carelessness in any jury as I saw with the Pinellas 12. I sincerely hope that a jury like that NEVER happens again, or humanity is in serious trouble, not just the justice system. I do not want to live in a world where life and death lose all meaning, and it's just everyone for themselves.

FABULOUS POST!!!!! It seems to be that nobody wanted to do what had to be done. Nobody wanted to blame anybody and live with that for the rest of their lives. they didn't take their job seriously. they were probably happy with the gym teacher's misguided wrong idiot-like thinking because he got them off the hook, and they didn't have to judge... i hope all 12 have nightmares for the rest of their lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member