Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: Well, here's the thing.....

While I'm starting to feel like a comic who drags out an old punchline....Back in the day when we were first investigating the duct tape, shortly after Caylee's remains were found - there were many discussions on died in the pool or sedated and duct taped.

So taking one for the team and having had some experience with duct tape - I did several experiments. The first was I took a short slightly warm shower to match what I thought the temperature of the pool was, including soaking my hair, got out, sat naked on the edge of my tub and tried to duct tape my nose, mouth, and wrapping the duct tape around my hair, which at the time was about the length of Caylee's.

Nope, duct tape did not stick.

The second attempt, I repeated the warm shower, got out and towel dried myself and my hair, and repeated the duct taping. on my hair and other "parts". The duct tape does not stick to damp skin or damp hair. But the duct tape had stuck to Caylee well enough to have survived six months in the swamp, some of it underwater. So it was on solidly.

All this while hoping one of my kids didn't walk into the bathroom.

So we are left with - did FCA duct tape Caylee first and then toss her in the pool? Why would she do that? She's lazy - we know that.

Or - that she brought her back into the house, used a hair dryer on her hair, or left her to lie out in the sun to dry, before taping her. A bit dodgy don't you think? Someone could see the child lying there or one of her parents could have come home unexpectedly.

So my conclusion is - no pool was involved. Why did the dog stop beside the pool and the playhouse area. Because Caylee's scent was there - not necessarily cadaver scent. Could have been smelling urine or ..poop. She was not toilet trained.

Re: FCA and her reaction during Cindy's info about people thinking Caylee drowned in the pool - and her surprise surpise comment. I think she was shocked the Cindy hadn't completely believed her kidnapping story and was starting to question if that's what really happened.

If so, it meant FCA was in deep doo doo and she'd better come up with some new "stories' PDQ.

All IMO of course.

Much MORE telling than Casey's "Surprise, surprise" when Cindy said people thought Casey had drowned Caylee in the swimming pool was Casey's hysteria--she needed sedatives--when Casey heard a body had been found in the woods off of Suburban.

Casey KNEW "who" that body was and "WHAT" was over Caylee's mouth and nose. I think Casey was hysterical because she thought what she'd done was so obvious that there was no way out. I think she thought "it was all over" for her.

I wish there HAD been SOME legal consequence for what she did to Caylee. I can't help but think if the "fool-proof suffication" with "fool-proof" being spelled the same way she had spelled it in a text to Amy (most people don't spell that word with a hyphen) had been presented to the jury along with a list of the rest of Casey's phone calls and computer activity, the jury would have realized Casey was hardly a grieving mother most of June 16, 2008 <although Caylee had supposedly drowned that VERY morning>.

And it is hard to ignore that Casey looked up "foolproof suffocation" and that Caylee was found in plastic bags with duct tape over her mouth and nose. How MUCH MORE foolproof can suffocation be done? Oh yeah...you can add in a car trunk that would have heated up over 100 degrees sitting on asphalt in the parking lot by Tony's apartment.

imo

Thank you ladies! Excellent posts!
I'm in with both of you, no drowning. Suffocation yes. The only question that remains for me is if Caylee was drugged before she suffocated.

I can't get past the fact that two cadaver dogs hit on the pool area.
To me, that was solid proof she was deceased, when she came out of that pool.
They are trained not to hit on anything other than a cadaver odor..

Indeed! Someone from the jury please tell us what took place the night they went to watch fireworks!

Thank you ladies! Excellent posts!
I'm in with both of you, no drowning. Suffocation yes. The only question that remains for me is if Caylee was drugged before she suffocated.

One can only hope- I also think when JA described caylee was looking at her mom during the duct tape saws spot on. Only because fca reaction telling one of her many attorney's to make him stop:moo::twocents:

Kirchner after smelling the car both ca and ga looked out back. Thatis tellingto me:maddening:

Decomp does not begin on the skin immediately. The shortest time after death for a cadaver dog to 'hit' that I've read about is approximately 3 hours. Meaning the death occurred 3 hours before the surface touching it retained enough evidence for the dog to recognize it. Which makes FCA hiding the body in the sandbox, and later moving it nearer the pool when she borrowed the shovel more probable than contact straight out of the pool, IMO. Also, the body temp would lower in the pool water, and I think that might affect the timing of decomp too?

The question I continue to puzzle over is why she was found in those clothes...was Cindy lying about never seeing that shirt (no, IMO), or were the shirt and the 18mos sized shorts something FCA had in her car or car trunk as extras. If the later, what happened to the clothes from the house she would have been wearing that day normally, and where were her shoes? Could she have been napping and just wearing pull ups - waking up to an enraged FCA who couldn't find a babysitter? Snatched up, duct taped and put into the trunk to keep her quiet? My mind keeps going over this detail, even though I realize we'll probably never get answers to any of our questions...

The question I continue to puzzle over is why she was found in those clothes...was Cindy lying about never seeing that shirt (no, IMO), or were the shirt and the 18mos sized shorts something FCA had in her car or car trunk as extras. If the later, what happened to the clothes from the house she would have been wearing that day normally, and where were her shoes? Could she have been napping and just wearing pull ups - waking up to an enraged FCA who couldn't find a babysitter? Snatched up, duct taped and put into the trunk to keep her quiet? My mind keeps going over this detail, even though I realize we'll probably never get answers to any of our questions...

Snipped by me...

I suggest that if Cindy's lips were moving - she was lying....

Decomp does not begin on the skin immediately. The shortest time after death for a cadaver dog to 'hit' that I've read about is approximately 3 hours. Meaning the death occurred 3 hours before the surface touching it retained enough evidence for the dog to recognize it. Which makes FCA hiding the body in the sandbox, and later moving it nearer the pool when she borrowed the shovel more probable than contact straight out of the pool, IMO. Also, the body temp would lower in the pool water, and I think that might affect the timing of decomp too?

I red bolded the question of the century. Where the heck were that baby's shoes. I wish we could compile a list of final questions we just don't have the answers to, and have somebody get those answers out of her, once and for all.

I red bolded the question of the century. Where the heck were that baby's shoes. I wish we could compile a list of final questions we just don't have the answers to, and have somebody get those answers out of her, once and for all.

IMO she dressed herself that day ( Casey was on the computer and phone constantly, so she didn't look after her at all) and couldn't do her own shoes up yet- she just picked out her favorite shorts, even tho they were size 24months and small on her.
Cindy said no one at home would have put them on her, trying to implicate someone else, but to me that confirmed that Caylee was being ignored by Casey and just dressed herself.

That list has already been made by Caylee's "Father" and He has prepared a table for Caylee in the presence of her enemy (her mother). Every question will be answered and every answer will be the truth. Caylee will get justice, Her Father will see to it. One who is true and just both Judge and Juror will decide Casey's fate for all eternity...count on it!

I don't know why I torture myself but I went back and listened to some portions of the trial. 31 days. Trunk of KC's car. Duct-tape. End of story.Just seeing the defense stooping to the lowest levels during trial just made me so mad..my face got flushed and my pulse rate went up! All the hard work and all those experts sitting and explaining to a mind-numbingly dull jury. The verdict is still so difficult to digest. How to make sense of the senseless?
<snip>
RSBM

BBM> Yes, the verdict did and does seem to defy all sense IMO. :shakehead:

How to explain why they didn't seem to do any actual deliberation or analysis of the evidence, and why the verdict came so quickly? How to explain why the few comments from those who have spoken seem to indicate they considered the punishment (death penalty) in their decision, when they were instructed not to do so?

I can only come up with one way to make sense of it, but this possibility perhaps should not be stated outright here on the forum. The jury IMO seems to have acted not from their duty nor their oaths, nor from the instructions and charge given by the judge, but a different motivation unrelated to the evidence or to FCA's actual guilt. JMO

But yeah, even after all this time it really doesn't seem to make any sense, does it? JMO

Do you or does anyone else have a link for any documentation fabout the cadaver dogs rom the trial other than what I found:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/07/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html

That shows some information more definite than my memory and the information out there about the dog's hit "by the pool"? The second cadaver canine did not hit on anything in the backyard.

I remember it being inconclusive, except for the trunk of the car, and I can't find anything else to say the back yard hits were confirmed twice. Apparently the SE or CSI's took scapings but those must have been negative for decomp or we would have transcripts on that also. :waitasec:

So to take us back a few years - link please?

I can only think the hits were made on the yard because items were taken out of the car and placed there while it was getting cleaned, decomp odor would be all over them. Otherwise perhaps the body was placed in yard during her failed attempt to bury her.

What do you think CA meant when she told FCA"Don't worry, I didn't say anything." in the jail videos?

What do you think CA meant when she told FCA"Don't worry, I didn't say anything." in the jail videos?

I believe it was the other way around. FCA said that to CA. What it meant? I've always been curious about that too!

I believe it was the other way around. FCA said that to CA.

Hi
You are correct. It was FCA that told CA that. Why? IDK...maybe cause CA was worried about the Father's Day fight..hmmmm:waitasec:

Actually it was the other way round. KC said that to CA & GA when she was telling them about her visit with the shrink.
What are they hiding?

I mean no disrespect at all Gnatcatcher, but I hear this question often - where were her shoes?:what:

If you were a mother who was about to kill your child - would you make sure she had her shoes on? Why does anyone think she was wearing shoes or should have been wearing shoes. We pretty much agree Caylee was killed in the Anthony home or property, right?

So Caylee was running around barefoot in the house, or she was having a nap and had just gotten up - FCA decided to kill her - why would she bother with shoes?

Hi
You are correct. It was FCA that told CA that. Why? IDK...maybe cause CA was worried about the Father's Day fight..hmmmm:waitasec:

George used to be a cop. George knew the Le thought FCA had killed Caylee. He knew cops had a way of pressuring people to talk. He wanted her to get a lawyer. He didn't want her to say anything that could be "misconstrued" or misunderstood until she has legal representation. IMO.

I believe it was the other way around. FCA said that to CA. What it meant? I've always been curious about that too!
Whoops. Sorry haven't heard the audio in awhile so got it mixed up. But anyway what she said has always puzzled me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence