Missing Since: 02-Nov-2016
Missing from: Assendelft (Netherlands)
Age when missing: 19 years
Current Age: 23 years old
Height: 179 cm
Hair colour: Dark blond (short)
Eye colour: Blue/grey

Sex: Male

Sidney left home on foot on November 2, 2016. He loves to spend time outdoors. He was last seen on December 10, 2016, in Den Oever. Nothing has been heard from him since.

He took a blue sportsbag (with a small label "Postbank", see photo) and a gray school bag (backpack) with him.

Do you have a tip?
Let us know using the tip form (link at top of post.)

Last edited:
A recent article in German:

Dortmund: Mutter sucht Sohn seit 4 Jahren – Spur führt ins Ruhrgebiet - derwesten.de

Translated from German
...Sidney Lute (then 19) disappeared four years ago without a trace. His mother has been looking for him ever since.
In 2016, Sidney Lute left his father's house north of Amsterdam to “go on vacation”. For a month he could be heard on his cell phone - then suddenly he was swallowed by the ground...

His mother recently searched in Dortmund based on potential tips he may be living there homeless but found no new information. She believes he could be "anywhere." She has been searching throughout Europe.

Sidney Lute
''Sidney was a withdrawn boy who spend most of his time in his room and mainly lived in the digital world. He lived with his father in Assendelft, The Netherlands. At the end of October 2016, the 19-year-old Sidney left. Nobody knows where he is. He had taken his laptop, debit card, mobile phone, ID card and clothes with him. Until December 7, 2016, he still had occasional telephone contact with his parents. Since then, his parents have not been able to get in touch.

Research showed that Sidney checked out on 10 December 2016 at holiday park de Wierde in Den Oever. He had also booked a train ticket to Colmar in the French Vosges for the same day. Whether he arrived is unknown. In both places, parents, volunteers and the police were searching and distributing flyers. Despite several tips, Sidney is still missing''

''Disappeared
December 15, 2016
Missing for
4 years
Age now
Race
White
Sex
Male
Height
179 cm''

Bumping case up for 2024. He is still listed as missing.

I wish I could tell him: as someone who has also lived in Europe, and as a parent, I ask you to please get back in touch with your parents. They will just be so happy to hear from you. You can go to police in any E.U. country, explain that you are listed as a missing person and who you are, and ask for help getting back in touch with your family.

''He took a blue sportsbag (with a small label "Postbank", see photo) and a gray school bag (backpack) with him.​

Data​

Name:Sidney LuteCurrent age:26 Length:179 cm Hair colour dark blond (short)Eye colour:Blue/greySex:Male
1705519694379.png1705519676766.png
1705519738885.png

''Sidney Lute​

26 years

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/182...e-jonge-assendelver-verdween-in-december-2016

New spotlight on missing Sidney Lute, the young man from Assendelft who disappeared in December 2016

ASSENDELFT - She does not expect the renewed attention to her missing son to lead to many reactions in the Netherlands. But this week's initiative by the Peter R. de Vries Foundation may yield tips from abroad about the missing Sidney Lute from Assendelft. His mother Natasja Alderliefste (54) hopes her uncertainty will finally come to an end after almost eight years.

Sidney Lute - he would now be 26 - was last seen on 10 December 2016, at a cottage in Den Oever in North Holland that he rented for several weeks. An online train ticket was found in his mailbox from Den Helder to Colmar, France, in the Vosges mountain range. His phone was last active in nearby Strasbourg, also in Alsace. On his computer, he searched for the hiking route from Colmar to Stosswihr.

Alderliefste has visited the area in question countless times since her son went missing. Ever so often she has distributed flyers, hoping someone will recognise him from the picture. She has now even bought a cottage in the area, where she stays at least once a month. "Because that's where the last trace of Sidney is, I enjoy being there," she says.

Alderliefste has thought endlessly about what might have happened. Three scenarios, she says, make the most sense. "He may have come across the wrong person he trusted, Sidney was quite gullible. It could also be that he took his own life and wanted to do so without bothering anyone, i.e. without anyone finding him. But it could also be that he is still living somewhere, as a vagrant in another country. That life with all the freedom has always attracted him."

For a long time, his mother felt alone in her search. For instance, the police did not immediately take the initiative when Sidney's father reported him missing. "He was told not to worry so much. Sidney was an adult, would be enjoying a holiday and would turn up again. As a result, potential leads disappeared. When the police finally took action, the CCTV footage from Colmar and Strasbourg had already been erased. Those are only kept for 10 days."

According to Alderliefste, her life has changed radically since her son's disappearance. "I have learned to survive so that I can deal with the situation. But I have become a completely different person, in my head a huge reset has taken place. Everything has changed, even my taste in clothes."

Her feelings about Sidney going missing are also no longer the same. Initially, she assumed that her son would be found alive, that he would return home with her after his mother visited the Colmar region. Meanwhile, she is already happy if he is found at all, so that it becomes clear what happened.

When the Peter R. de Vries Foundation approached her recently, Alderliefste did not hesitate for a moment to cooperate. Not only to get possible new information in, but also to prevent her son from being forgotten. "If there is no more attention for him at all, I wonder what a human life is worth," she says.

BBM

Picture of mother & son at the link, unfortunately it does not appear when I post it.

Zara, your link isn't working for me (says page is unavailable) but I will try again later. Thanks for posting this. I am so sad for his mother, father, and family. I hope answers come soon. They clearly love him very much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back