Sievers Sidebar #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not pushing his own lawnmower yet...just sayin :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Agree and get your point. However, I believe that is about the last thing he is going to sacrifice. Like everything else with Mark, it's all about appearances. He knows the neighbors don't like him. He knows everyone is speculating about his financial status. They're out busting their butts after a long 40+ hour work week maintaining their own property while this lazy, unemployed, arrogant, no good creep is spending money on a lawn service? It's his passive-aggressive way of flipping off the neighbors who want him gone. Just typical Mark behavior, imo.

Agree and get your point. However, I believe that is about the last thing he is going to sacrifice. Like everything else with Mark, it's all about appearances. He knows the neighbors don't like him. He knows everyone is speculating about his financial status. They're out busting their butts after a long 40+ hour work week maintaining their own property while this lazy, unemployed, arrogant, no good creep is spending money on a lawn service? It's his passive-aggressive way of flipping off the neighbors who want him gone. Just typical Mark behavior, imo.

AND, the Landscapers have to carry on a conversation with him...

Afterall, the friendship pyramid is pretty much depleted these days :notgood:

AND, the Landscapers have to carry on a conversation with him...

Afterall, the friendship pyramid is pretty much depleted these days :notgood:
Being the 'self-made' privelaged boy that he is, I really don't think he would even know how to mow a lawn or maintain a yard.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If MS is guilty (and I totally believe he is guilty), he has $ available to him, he has passports for himself and the girls.. why hasn't he run? He could easily put themselves all on a plane to go to another country. He could get there and fight extradition when SMS gets to the point where they issue a warrant for his arrest. He hasn't run yet, what I'm puzzled about is why?
Does he believe he's going to get away with TS's murder? It doesn't seem like he's keeping the girls here so they're surrounded by their loved ones for support and comfort as they mourn their mother's murder.

If MS is guilty (and I totally believe he is guilty), he has $ available to him, he has passports for himself and the girls.. why hasn't he run? He could easily put themselves all on a plane to go to another country. He could get there and fight extradition when SMS gets to the point where they issue a warrant for his arrest. He hasn't run yet, what I'm puzzled about is why?
Does he believe he's going to get away with TS's murder? It doesn't seem like he's keeping the girls here so they're surrounded by their loved ones for support and comfort as they mourn their mother's murder.

He's being closely watched. I think he'd be arrested if he tried to run. Running would constitute consciousness of guilt and would be used against him at trial as well as in a custody case. IMO.

ETA: In other words, I believe LCSO already has enough evidence to arrest him. It only requires probable cause. They haven't arrested him yet because it gives them the advantage of more time to prepare the case against him. His fleeing would force their hand.

I would have to believe that the LE has put their names on a watch list to send up a flag if he attempts to leave the country, bad thing is for the girls if their names are on it takes forever to have it removed

He can run but he can't hide. Only saying that a tiny bit in jest. He is being watched every minute of the day somehow, some way, he is living in a fishbowl, under a microscope.

Could LE have taken MS's passport or am I thinking of someone who is on house arrest vs POI? Or maybe I just watch too many tv shows?

Not that I recall, do tell, you lead, please.
There was a pry-bar and a pair of overalls or what may be a pair of denim jeans dumped at TS' neighbor's house, 3 doors south, (including an empty lot).

Do we know if the pry bar and denim jeans, found at the neighbor's house, are relevant?

SMS probably warned MS not to leave Florida, and MS is afraid of speeding up his own arrest. I'm sure SMS has eyes on MS's whereabouts at all times. He wouldn't get far.:jail:

i agree totally except he does have $. With TS's death, he can cash in her 401K retirement. Her $, she worked so hard for will sickeningly probably help pay for his defense.

A shame if a man who arranges killing of his wife can financially benefit as her named beneficiary of her retirement account(s) & is able to withdraw money from that a/c.

IDK if MS can do so in these circumstances under FL slayer statute.*

IIRC from reviewing doc dumps, (one of) Dr TS's retirement a/c is an IRA, invested in a variable annuity issued by Jackson National Life (not a 401K).

Imo, paragraph (3) of FL statute below may prevent MS from collecting from her IRA.

IIRC, by mid July LCSO's letters had notified insurance co's that Dr TS' death cert said MoD was a homicide and it was investigating her death, etc. Sorry, no links.

Per paragraph (5) below, even in absence of murder conviction, appears a FL court could determine that "by the greater weight of the evidence whether the killing was unlawful and intentional for purposes of this section."

JM2cts, could be wrong. For the sake of her two daughters, I hope not.

"(3) A named beneficiary of a bond, life insurance policy, or other contractual arrangement who unlawfully and intentionally kills the principal obligee or the person upon whose life the policy is issued is not entitled to any benefit under the bond, policy, or other contractual arrangement; and it becomes payable as though the killer had predeceased the decedent.

(5) A final judgment of conviction of murder in any degree is conclusive for purposes of this section. In the absence of a conviction of murder in any degree, the court may determine by the greater weight of the evidence whether the killing was unlawful and intentional for purposes of this section.
(6) .... Any insurance company, bank, or other obligor making payment according to the terms of its policy or obligation is not liable by reason of this section unless prior to payment it has received at its home office or principal address written notice of a claim under this section." ^ bbm, rbm ^
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0732/Sections/0732.802.html

A shame if a man who arranges killing of his wife can financially benefit as her named beneficiary of her retirement account(s) & is able to withdraw money from that a/c.

IDK if MS can do so in these circumstances under FL slayer statute.*

IIRC from reviewing doc dumps, (one of) Dr TS's retirement a/c is an IRA, invested in a variable annuity issued by Jackson National Life (not a 401K).

Imo, paragraph (3) of FL statute below may prevent MS from collecting from her IRA.

IIRC, by mid July LCSO's letters had notified insurance co's that Dr TS' death cert said MoD was a homicide and it was investigating her death, etc. Sorry, no links.

Per paragraph (5) below, even in absence of murder conviction, appears a FL court could determine that "by the greater weight of the evidence whether the killing was unlawful and intentional for purposes of this section."

JM2cts, could be wrong. For the sake of her two daughters, I hope not.

"(3) A named beneficiary of a bond, life insurance policy, or other contractual arrangement who unlawfully and intentionally kills the principal obligee or the person upon whose life the policy is issued is not entitled to any benefit under the bond, policy, or other contractual arrangement; and it becomes payable as though the killer had predeceased the decedent.

(5) A final judgment of conviction of murder in any degree is conclusive for purposes of this section. In the absence of a conviction of murder in any degree, the court may determine by the greater weight of the evidence whether the killing was unlawful and intentional for purposes of this section.
(6) .... Any insurance company, bank, or other obligor making payment according to the terms of its policy or obligation is not liable by reason of this section unless prior to payment it has received at its home office or principal address written notice of a claim under this section." ^ bbm, rbm ^
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0732/Sections/0732.802.html

Just a thought, the beneficiary of TS's IRA could be the trust referenced in her will. I wouldn't be surprised if MS has control over the trust. :thinking:

Just a thought, the beneficiary of TS's IRA could be the trust referenced in her will. I wouldn't be surprised if MS has control over the trust. :thinking:

FYI - I posted this 2 weeks ago:

MS is beneficiary of TS’s IRA. I am not knowledgeable about IRA distributions to beneficiaries.

Here are some details I found in Doc Dump 2 –
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8ZW9YTzBNYnVLdVE/view?pref=2&pli=1
Note: Some BATES numbers are not sequential.

Jackson National Life Insurance Company
IRA Policy 1013700636
Contract Plan Type: Individual Retirement Annuity
Issue Date: June 21, 2013

BATES 3980 - $123,212.63 transferred from UBS Financial Services to Jackson Life Insurance Company (via check dated 6/19/13)

Jackson Life Insurance Company - IRA Policy 1013700636:
BATES 3987 - POLICY SUMMARY SHEET – Beneficiary: Mark D Sievers
BATES 3997 - CONTRACT DATA PAGE – Beneficiary: Mark D Sievers
BATES 4024 - IRA ENDORSEMENT –Distributions After Death - Section 8.
BATES 4035 – IRA DISCLOSURE STATEMENT - Distributions After Death - Section 13. (has essentially same detail as BATES 4024)
BATES 4171 - Death Benefit Value – The amount paid to the beneficiary upon the death of the Owner.
BATES 4180 - 6/30/15 Account Value $132,294.25
BATES 4182 - 6/30/15 Death Benefit Value $132,294.25

I thought about that and wondered what all assets were named in the trust or even if they were specified. I don't know trust laws if they can just state any and all assets or similar. And so if he is the trustee, I would think that TS's family could bring legal action to have him removed as trustee and maybe the court would appoint a separate neutral third party to administer the trust on behalf of the girls. You would think the law would have some provision (like the Slayer statute that al66pine has just brought to our attention) that would pertain to trustees as beneficiaries.

Has anyone discussed the pry bar and denim overalls found 2 doors down from TS' home?

Irishchook, I remember seeing the pics and couldn't figure out the jist of it cause it seemed so foreign to me at the time. Now that I know it is possible evidence...

The denim and pry bar could be red herrings and when I saw the areal photos that showed the vacant lots and the close proximity to the crime scene, I had a feeling that vacant lot may be more than just a vacant lot as pertaining to the case.
LE may have foot prints and or tire tracks from the lot and I'm willing to bet those found items are part of the case.
Wouldn't it be something if there was a used toothpick in that there vacant lot or denim pocket.

Has anyone discussed the pry bar and denim overalls found 2 doors down from TS' home?

Those items are closely associated with JR. Since the discovery so far is only for CWW's case, the prosecution isn't going to give out any information they have about JR's case than absolutely necessary.

I would assume there is blood on those overalls and it has come back to Teresa Sievers. If so, we will see more about this when JR is arrested/indicted in FL... when he gets there. Same goes for the pry bar to a lesser degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member