Sievers Sidebar #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NIN, I don't know if they edited this story since you posted the snip? (Reading from tapatalk & edit indications aren't visible). However, the statement "leaving his second private attorney" would not necessarily have to be accurate. Mummert (The Faga Law firm) could still choose to represent him if they're willing to be compensated, per JAC's conditions.

We dealt with this during Casey Anthony's case. She hired Jose Baez and then claimed she was indigent. Baez stayed on the case and received very little compensation. JAC plays a BIG role in a lot of the decisions, specifically those that cost money. e.g, hiring experts, their fees, etc... I would not be surprised in the least if this firm agrees and continues to represent him. Not saying they will for sure, but it's very possible. This case is high-profile and the lawyers get a LOT of exposure. That would be very enticing especially for a firm new to the Lee County area.

Beach, yes, they dropped that first quoted part of mine. Thanks for the heads up. I agree, the exposure is and will be enormous. I am yet surprised, that Faga has not showed up himself. Wondering, if he will "take over" at a later time. He is the one with more experience, when it comes to murder trials. Perhaps they were drawing straws..;--)

-Nin

Beach, yes, they dropped that first quoted part of mine. Thanks for the heads up. I agree, the exposure is and will be enormous. I am yet surprised, that Faga has not showed up himself. Wondering, if he will "take over" at a later time. He is the one with more experience, when it comes to murder trials. Perhaps they were drawing straws..;--)

-Nin

....and Mummert lost. Faga probably likes to take cases he has a prayer of winning. His 'firm' can gain publicity without his participation. :shame:

Excellent find SIMLYME!!! The last line of the article surprised me....and in another dimension of thought, it didn't surprise me either. (I know that is a contradiction, but so much is contradictory, if you know what I mean...a Mother's love is a Mother's love.)
"It was previously determined that Mark Sievers could not afford a lawyer but instead of agreeing to a public defender, his mother, Bonnie Sievers, hired Faga Law Group."
It is expensive to hire a criminal defense attorney, when MS, for all intent and circumstances, was eligible for a public defender BEFORE the bond reduction request. It is now stated he is over 200K in debt, and I'm sure that amount hasn't changed much before or after the bond hearing. If a family member is willing to PAY for a private attorney for a short bond reduction hearing, ...can the attorneys file for indigent status to continue working with their client?
I felt "anxiety" when I watched the bond hearing, again... the Hail-Mary-Pass-type of strategy upon which so much hinged. If MS had his bond reduced, he could request custody of his daughters, have access to more hidden assets (?) or even flee the country.

It seems like Mark doesn't want his mom to provide her last bit of funds to make sure that the grands are happy. Mark simply wants his mum to give away everything that she established in the last 65 years or so to get him out of jail and to beat a murder rap.

Happy Mothers day mom.

When are you going to pay the lawyer. I promise to be a good boy from here on out. Wth

It seems like Mark doesn't want his mom to provide her last bit of funds to make sure that the grands are happy. Mark simply wants his mum to give away everything that she established in the last 65 years or so to get him out of jail and to beat a murder rap.

Happy Mothers day mom.

When are you going to pay the lawyer. I promise to be a good boy from here on out. Wth
In true psychopathic form- eh Dex! Disgusting- on both of their parts. I'm curious to know if anyone's opinion of Bonnie has shifted because of any of this?

I'm going to try to find time to start a thread on him tomorrow. His name is Michael Mummert. His firm is new to the Naples/Lee County area, though he has practiced in other FL counties. He is not a public defender. He was hired with private funds. I am pretty sure his family (mom and probably brother) pooled their funds for the retainer.

Better late than never! lol Finally got a chance to open the new topical thread. Sorry about the delay. I have been married to a couple of other fast moving cases that have needed my attention, in addition to a bunch of other boring admin stuff. Thanks for your patience! :heartluv:

Link to the topical thread - Faga Law Group - Representing Defendant Mark Sievers

IIRC, I was informed that they previously practiced in Collier County. Heck, I may have that wrong...Is there even a Collier County in Florida. Please don't make me google anything else this morning. lol

In true psychopathic form- eh Dex! Disgusting- on both of their parts. I'm curious to know if anyone's opinion of Bonnie has shifted because of any of this?

My impression of Bonnie is based on what I've read and the info I have heard from some reporters, etc...

I believe she is a mother who doesn't want to believe her son is guilty of such a heinous act. (Denial? Intentional? ) I don't believe that she even considers that Mark is capable of gaslighting her. So, IDK. I also think she is an enigma - on the one hand, a bit naive and easily manipulated; on the other hand, I understand she can be quite...er, outspoken, bold. :angel: I do believe she sincerely loves her granddaughters. However, I do not believe she would make a good guardian for the girls. At all. (she is too easily manipulated by Mark. He would still be calling the shots and, I believe, she would oblige his every wish.) I also think she feels guilt about leaving her kids to pursue her new life changes. In fact, I imagine some of the decisions she is currently making (sacrificing money to pay for Mark's attorney, filing the custody petition at the 11th hour, etc..) stem from guilt - trying to appease those who harbor resentment. Just my unprofessional opinion.

That said, I don't think she is any Cindy Anthony. In fact, even if she wanted to, she couldn't pull that off. She isn't that savvy.

Better late than never! lol Finally got a chance to open the new topical thread. Sorry about the delay. I have been married to a couple of other fast moving cases that have needed my attention, in addition to a bunch of other boring admin stuff. Thanks for your patience! :heartluv:

Link to the topical thread - Faga Law Group - Representing Defendant Mark Sievers

IIRC, I was informed that they previously practiced in Collier County. Heck, I may have that wrong...Is there even a Collier County in Florida. Please don't make me google anything else this morning. lol

Yes please stay and hang around the Bevers case.....that thread is going crazy

Yes, there is a Collier County in Florida....right below Bonita Springs....Naples is in Collier County! :)

Yes please stay and hang around the Bevers case.....that thread is going crazy

LOL! :D :heartluv:

Very interesting case! Tricia broadened the social media parameters so that should help clarify things. Hang in there. This one was a bit chaotic in the early days too.

That said, I know what you mean. :highfive: Between that one and the OH Pike Co murder of 8 family members, I run back in here just to restore my sanity. haha

LOL! :D :heartluv:

Very interesting case! Tricia broadened the social media parameters so that should help clarify things. Hang in there. This one was a bit chaotic in the early days too.

That said, I know what you mean. :highfive: Between that one and the OH Pike Co murder of 8 family members, I run back in here just to restore my sanity. haha
BEACH "please don't make me google anything else this morning"??? I laughed out loud after reading that... Times changed, my volumes of dictionaries, encyclopedias and atlases have been replaced by an ever evolving resource called "GOOGLE." Maybe we should enter all the known facts of a case into a new IBM processor/statistical analyzer called "WATSON" and see if it can help us solve murder cases??? Hmmm, I wonder if the FBI already has one? (betcha they do.)
Instead of trying to figure out "alibis, locations, timelines, photos, accomplices, motives" etc....we feed all the info into a machine and it processes all the conflicting/irrelevant info and says, "Mr. X is the killer!" (Not that far off: in 20 years we already moved on from fingerprints, to blood type and now microscopic amounts of DNA to identify perps??)
Sorry about the "sidebar comments" BEACH but I know how hard you have been working on fast developing cases and was thinking about new technology that might help.
My first "statistical questions" would be, "Are spouses more likely to hire a contract killer, if they have shared offspring??" and "What are the percentages of spouse's found guilty of murder, after claiming they were out of town when the murder occurred."?

BEACH "please don't make me google anything else this morning"??? I laughed out loud after reading that... Times changed, my volumes of dictionaries, encyclopedias and atlases have been replaced by an ever evolving resource called "GOOGLE." Maybe we should enter all the known facts of a case into a new IBM processor/statistical analyzer called "WATSON" and see if it can help us solve murder cases??? Hmmm, I wonder if the FBI already has one? (betcha they do.)
Instead of trying to figure out "alibis, locations, timelines, photos, accomplices, motives" etc....we feed all the info into a machine and it processes all the conflicting/irrelevant info and says, "Mr. X is the killer!" (Not that far off: in 20 years we already moved on from fingerprints, to blood type and now microscopic amounts of DNA to identify perps??)
Sorry about the "sidebar comments" BEACH but I know how hard you have been working on fast developing cases and was thinking about new technology that might help.
My first "statistical questions" would be, "Are spouses more likely to hire a contract killer, if they have shared offspring??" and "What are the percentages of spouse's found guilty of murder, after claiming they were out of town when the murder occurred."?
Can you imagine if a national database was created and the minute a baby is born a DNA sampling is fed to that database. Any DNA evidence left at a crime scene, perpetrator known in 30 seconds. To take it one step further, that same baby having a small GPS tracker embedded beneath the skin on day of birth as well. They aren't GPS trackers but the chips veterinarian's have been using have served a great purpose.

Can you imagine if a national database was created and the minute a baby is born a DNA sampling is fed to that database. Any DNA evidence left at a crime scene, perpetrator known in 30 seconds. To take it one step further, that same baby having a small GPS tracker embedded beneath the skin on day of birth as well. They aren't GPS trackers but the chips veterinarian's have been using have served a great purpose.

The DNA sampling is already done--old news in 2010 according to the following article:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/04/baby.dna.government/

I'm sure it will only be used for good. ;)

My impression of Bonnie is based on what I've read and the info I have heard from some reporters, etc...

I believe she is a mother who doesn't want to believe her son is guilty of such a heinous act. (Denial? Intentional? ) I don't believe that she even considers that Mark is capable of gaslighting her. So, IDK. I also think she is an enigma - on the one hand, a bit naive and easily manipulated; on the other hand, I understand she can be quite...er, outspoken, bold. :angel: I do believe she sincerely loves her granddaughters. However, I do not believe she would make a good guardian for the girls. At all. (she is too easily manipulated by Mark. He would still be calling the shots and, I believe, she would oblige his every wish.) I also think she feels guilt about leaving her kids to pursue her new life changes. In fact, I imagine some of the decisions she is currently making (sacrificing money to pay for Mark's attorney, filing the custody petition at the 11th hour, etc..) stem from guilt - trying to appease those who harbor resentment. Just my unprofessional opinion.

That said, I don't think she is any Cindy Anthony. In fact, even if she wanted to, she couldn't pull that off. She isn't that savvy.

TOTALLY AGREE with all you've stated here, beach. Well said. MS can & will manipulate BS at will. BS has lots of baggage so she can't help herself..... MS is fully aware of all aspects of his mother therefore will pounce in full survival mode at her vulnerability. It's amazing, although not surprising, how animals stalk their prey to attempt survival.

Interesting, never thought of 'contract' killing in that way, when there are 'shared offspring'.

My derm dr was murdered by a deranged stalker---definitely NOT 'contract'. It reached the point of restraining orders. No one will ever know for sure but it was said the husband 'egged him on', which doesn't take much when a crazy persons' raging emotions are escalated. This husband was a 'Harvey milk toast' personality then could have cared less after his wife was shot in the torso & face several times. They had 2 girls in college. This man was all smiles & proud as one daughter read a statement to the local press. Add to that, his behavior at the funeral was bazaar. Makes you wonder about spouses with 'shared offspring' and contract killing OR, as it seems (JMO) with my derm dr..... the husband had a stroke of luck dropped on his lap & all he had to do was push a button & the stalker went over the edge.

The criminal personality is so varied. Some can perform such acts themselves while others prefer to delegate the dirty work. With spouses & 'shared offspring', maybe they feel they can put the guilt aside on someone else they hire---to them this makes them 'clean'?

I miss everyone.....the TS threads are the only ones that don't fight with fellow sleuthers.....we need another doc dump !
I must agree. There's a special dichotomy with us WS members.
I do think it has a lot to do with the screening that Beach, Trish, KateB, etc. do on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Good morning from the west coast fellow sleuthers, I'm reaching out this morning to let you all know that a cherished Websleuther lost her beloved husband of 38 years a few days ago. My heart is broken for her but I know for now she is handling it well and with immense grace and strength. CPeacock has become the unofficial welcome wagon of this thread and is a most valiant defender of justice- especially for our beautiful Dr. Teresa Sievers. I'm sure when she returns to the thread our words of love, comfort and support will mean the world to her- Frigga
Frigga, this is 3 days late, but want to thank you for letting us know about CPeacock's husband's passing. Your compassion is selfless and undeniable.

Aww, what a beautiful compliment, Irishchook! So many wonderful people here.

Thanks so much Beach for your reply on your thoughts of Bonnie and the dynamics. You are one sharp and insightful lady. I think your assessment is pretty darn accurate and I appreciate seeing things in a more rounded way.

cpeacock- I'm thinking of you!

I cannot wait til the next hearing- I think karma has Mark Sievers square in its sights!

Praying for MAG and the family- especially those precious girls!

I must agree. There's a special dichotomy with us WS members.
I do think it has a lot to do with the screening that Beach, Trish, KateB, etc. do on a regular basis.

That's so sweet of you to say, irish! Thank you. :heartluv: It is very much due to the poster dynamic following the Sievers and Bolin cases. You guys make it a joy to work in here. Seriously. I wish I could clone you all.

That said, I need to let you guys know that KateB is no longer a staff member. :sigh: She is still a very respected member but she isn't mod'g any longer. Real life and all that. She was a tremendous help to us all (especially me!). She will be missed. Hope she can still find time to peek in and follow the case with us.

And that give me the chance to tell you guys that our beloved Greater Than agreed to join our staff! :woohoo: She will be helping in here, along with myself, tlcya, Sillybilly, primarily.

Thank you and WELCOME to our mod squad, GT! :fireworks:

She just got powers tonight and I've already made her an acronym! :lol:

That's so sweet of you to say, irish! Thank you. :heartluv: It is very much due to the poster dynamic following the Sievers and Bolin cases. You guys make it a joy to work in here. Seriously. I wish I could clone you all.

That said, I need to let you guys know that KateB is no longer a staff member. :sigh: She is still a very respected member but she isn't mod'g any longer. Real life and all that. She was a tremendous help to us all (especially me!). She will be missed. Hope she can still find time to peek in and follow the case with us.

And that give me the chance to tell you guys that our beloved Greater Than agreed to join our staff! :woohoo: She will be helping in here, along with myself, tlcya, Sillybilly, primarily.

I think I can speak for most that we will miss KateB as moderator, but would like to give a warm welcome to Greater Than!
Beach, I don't know how you do it, but if anyone can come close, I admire them.
And, no I'm not kissing butt. Ahaha.

Will sure miss my tech-wiz..all the best to you, girl!

Congrats "GT"! Books and movies are waiting, let's roll..:)

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member