Sievers Sidebar #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to guess that the state may offer JR a deal of LWOP to save the state $ they would spend on a trial and endless death row appeals. Just a feeling I have. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered MS the same deal, a little disappointed but not surprised.

I am ALL FOR the death penalty, however the endless appeals make it harder for the family/girls to move on. THAT is my only issue with it. It just takes way way way too long to finally end. And MS would have more access to the girls... I keep going back to the fact that if given death, you get the groupies coming out to help much more so than someone being locked away and forgotten. IMO death sentence should be 5 years AT MOST and boom. Bye Bye. This 30 years on death row and then some governor decides to pardon or whatever.... UGH just pisses me off.

JR may take a deal if it is offered, IF MS has not gotten to him and promised all kinds of things. JR may just believe all the stuff out of MS mouth. JR knows right from wrong...I bet he has done something like this before....he was in prison prior. Infact since the DP is on the table, I bet JR did not ask or want or was offered a plea deal....life for his testimomy. He thinks he will beat the charge.

I'm going to guess that the state may offer JR a deal of LWOP to save the state $ they would spend on a trial and endless death row appeals. Just a feeling I have. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered MS the same deal, a little disappointed but not surprised.

So why would Florida ever seek the death penalty? Some cases are worth spending the money on but this case is not one of them?

I'm thinking the same (possible).... as he may know facts that back up things CWW told LE---2 corroborating witnesses (& participants) presenting yet more key facts incriminating MS as 'mastermind'. Therefore a stronger, iron-clad case against the defense. But.... all remains to be seen. CWW was always the key for leverage.

While considering TS' girls, I've vacillated on whether the death penalty would be the right call, but from what we've witnessed from the child custody hearings, MS has the girls hearts/minds and life's captive, causing nothing but turmoil, confusion and continued uncertainty... he'll never stop. I'm now thrilled with the new charge... With hopes of setting TS' girls free from this vile, ungrateful, money hungry, sex addicted, lazy, PSYCHOPATH. Being on death row is no picnic, but, you made your bed MS... :)

Agree..... cut the head off the snake, DONE. I've always been for DP but it is conflicting when there are kids. In this case I felt early on the kids should've been taken back to CT to start a new life---let the impending circus in SWF run it's course.

A hard choice for many people....good reasons for both...DP with years of appeal, the girls will have to deal with that and possibly him....and LWOP, one appeal and girls can possibly be removed from his ways...until they are adults and can make their own decisions.

I wonder if TS family had any say so in this decision.

In this case I am totally for the death penalty, as leverage and or for the heinous nature of the betrayal and crime. Do I hope he actually gets sentenced to it? Probably not because of the appeals and of the treatment he'll receive... but for the message it sends to Mark and the public at large- I'm all for it.

I wouldn't be disappointed if the DA offered a plea deal, I would be livid,:mad: and I am sure many of those who loves Dr. Teresa would be too. There are just some cases way too brutal to even think about a plea deal and this is one.

If there is one thing those in the criminal justice system in Florida think.... it isn't interested in or worried about is the money it takes to bring justice to a victim who was heinously murdered like Dr. Teresa. They put no price tag on justice if it meets the qualifications of a death penalty case like this one certainly does. It is much more important for them to send a strong message to everyone that these kind of premediated murders (murder for hire) will not be tolerated and when it is done the suspects can expect them to be death penalty cases.

Imo, they will not offer any pleas to either of these suspects. Florida is one of the toughest states on violent criminals and those who are given the death penalty don't sit on death row there forever like they do in CA etc. It is usually carried out within 10 years or sooner. So they don't just talk the talk but the Florida criminal system walks the walk by respecting the recommendations of death by jurors all across Florida and they execute defendants rather quickly like Texas is known to do.

I am trying to think back to other murder for hire cases and at the moment I cant remember any of the masterminds who were not death penalty case with many of them receiving the ultimate punishment at sentencing, rightly so. I remember James Sullivan, Rabbi Neulander, and Fred Tokars (spelling?) who were the masterminds behind the plots to hire someone to murder their spouse. All of those cases were death penalty cases.

Murders for hire are some of the coldest, calculating, premeditated, and brutal murders out there. Many who have hired hit men to murder a family member for financial gain had a death penalty case and were given the ultimate punishment of death when their jurors recommended death as the appropriate sentence and the Judge accepted it.

Imo, even the defense attorneys know there will be no plea deals on the table for either suspect. This murder is just too heinous and brutal for them to even think about parlaying with the two devils involved.

And even if one was offered to MS (which I don't believe) he is such an undeniable narcissistic psychopath who would arrogantly believe he can persuade the jury or one juror his way. That is one of the main reasons brutal murderers will plead NG even though the evidence is overwhelming against them. They like the attention they get in court. That is why we see so many serial killers always opting for a trial when the evidence against them is undeniable.

IMO

I am all for the death penalty in most cases. However, in this case, I would hope life w/o parole for the girls sake. If it is true the girls back him 100%, the thought of losing another parent will cause more emotional upheaval in a household which has too much already. If the girls are having issues of any type building a bond of trust with their Mom's side of the family, this will build another wall in their relationship. This in their eyes could potentially put blame TS's side of the family (which is it 100% not) for trying to take away their Dad. They are children, and the day to day fear they already live with, and their Grandma has to deal with is already pretty big. I would just hate to see their pain escalate even more, and the only person around to take it out on is MAG. If they were older, different story. Stay strong MAG, it is so hard to be the one left to pick up the pieces and try to put back together a child's broken heart.

I am all for the death penalty in most cases. However, in this case, I would hope life w/o parole for the girls sake. If it is true the girls back him 100%, the thought of losing another parent will cause more emotional upheaval in a household which has too much already. If the girls are having issues of any type building a bond of trust with their Mom's side of the family, this will build another wall in their relationship. This in their eyes could potentially put blame TS's side of the family (which is it 100% not) for trying to take away their Dad. They are children, and the day to day fear they already live with, and their Grandma has to deal with is already pretty big. I would just hate to see their pain escalate even more, and the only person around to take it out on is MAG. If they were older, different story. Stay strong MAG, it is so hard to be the one left to pick up the pieces and try to put back together a child's broken heart.

I don't have one doubt in the world that MS will use his children as tools trying to escape the death penalty.

To me someone should be given death if the DA proves BARD why it should be death based on the evidence.

I don't have one doubt in the world that MS will use his children as tools trying to escape the death penalty.

To me someone should be given death if the DA proves BARD why it should be death based on the evidence.

What is BARD? Thanks

What is BARD? Thanks

Sorry, Ms.Josie, I was surfing other threads and didn't see your post until now.

Its the legal description/term the DA is required to prove in all criminal cases.

Beyond a reasonable doubt. Hope this helps and sorry for not answering right away. :)

In civil court the bar set to be proven is 'preponderance of the evidence' (which means more likely than not.)

Sorry, Ms.Josie, I was surfing other threads and didn't see your post until now.

Its the legal description/term the DA is required to prove in all criminal cases.

Beyond a reasonable doubt. Hope this helps and sorry for not answering right away. :)

In civil court the bar set to be proven is 'preponderance of the evidence' (which means more likely than not.)

Thanks OceanBlueEyes I tried to find the term on the net but did not find it.

Whoa! This is breaking news! I've been at the Heather Elvia trial all week (online not in person) so I haven't read anything else. So I assume it was GJ who brought this decision? Thanks in advance for any updates!

I wouldn't be disappointed if the DA offered a plea deal, I would be livid,:mad: and I am sure many of those who loves Dr. Teresa would be too. There are just some cases way too brutal to even think about a plea deal and this is one.

If there is one thing those in the criminal justice system in Florida think.... it isn't interested in or worried about is the money it takes to bring justice to a victim who was heinously murdered like Dr. Teresa. They put no price tag on justice if it meets the qualifications of a death penalty case like this one certainly does. It is much more important for them to send a strong message to everyone that these kind of premediated murders (murder for hire) will not be tolerated and when it is done the suspects can expect them to be death penalty cases.

Imo, they will not offer any pleas to either of these suspects. Florida is one of the toughest states on violent criminals and those who are given the death penalty don't sit on death row there forever like they do in CA etc. It is usually carried out within 10 years or sooner. So they don't just talk the talk but the Florida criminal system walks the walk by respecting the recommendations of death by jurors all across Florida and they execute defendants rather quickly like Texas is known to do.

I am trying to think back to other murder for hire cases and at the moment I cant remember any of the masterminds who were not death penalty case with many of them receiving the ultimate punishment at sentencing, rightly so. I remember James Sullivan, Rabbi Neulander, and Fred Tokars (spelling?) who were the masterminds behind the plots to hire someone to murder their spouse. All of those cases were death penalty cases.

Murders for hire are some of the coldest, calculating, premeditated, and brutal murders out there. Many who have hired hit men to murder a family member for financial gain had a death penalty case and were given the ultimate punishment of death when their jurors recommended death as the appropriate sentence and the Judge accepted it.

Imo, even the defense attorneys know there will be no plea deals on the table for either suspect. This murder is just too heinous and brutal for them to even think about parlaying with the two devils involved.

And even if one was offered to MS (which I don't believe) he is such an undeniable narcissistic psychopath who would arrogantly believe he can persuade the jury or one juror his way. That is one of the main reasons brutal murderers will plead NG even though the evidence is overwhelming against them. They like the attention they get in court. That is why we see so many serial killers always opting for a trial when the evidence against them is undeniable.

IMO

Awesome post ocean blue eyes. Gr8 info on Florida standards on justice 4 murder. Thanks.

Whoa! This is breaking news! I've been at the Heather Elvia trial all week (online not in person) so I haven't read anything else. So I assume it was GJ who brought this decision? Thanks in advance for any updates!

The State Attorney's Office

I agree Oceanblueyes, there is so much cooberating evidence. JRR nor CWW had any reason to want Teresa dead- Mark DID and I think that will be easily proven. People can connect the dots pretty easily. This is going to be the final instance of Marks complete and utter delusion and it will end up getting him the death penalty. I would imagine the psyche evaluation will be the eye opener that this judge apparently needs. There will be no arguing when that report comes across his desk. MOO of course.
I agree, Frigga & OBE. It seems that those who have "that type" of personality and traits are similar to the "O.J. Syndrome;" where they believe their own lies and convince those who are vulnerable in believing the same (eg. BS). :sickening:
MS will never, ever, ever admit to being culpable. If he continues to follows these traits, like many others have, the next stages are blame, victimization, etc.
It's normal for us to want these evil people to suffer, squirm, cower, etc. But, expect the worst and hope for the best. Because I really don't think that will ever happen; unfortunately. JMO

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In this case I am totally for the death penalty, as leverage and or for the heinous nature of the betrayal and crime. Do I hope he actually gets sentenced to it? Probably not because of the appeals and of the treatment he'll receive... but for the message it sends to Mark and the public at large- I'm all for it.
Agree. The fact he's been charged with the DP sends the message that the DA or AG is not fooling around. This is serious business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member