Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: road blocks

It seems strange to put up a road block weeks after the killings. Someone hiding out most likely would certainly be out of the area by now.

Re: weapons

It appears the focus is now on eliminateing locals who might have used someone else's gun w/o them knowing about it. I wonder what LE will do about those who are refusing testing, based on Constitutional rights. Wouldn't OSBI need to show probable cause before getting a search warrant for a weapon from someone who is refusing?

I know we've talked about the Keloughs, Southerns, Dillon Harris (Kelough), etc. in that area and that the Chanceys also have a farm/ranch with a lot of land. Do the Chanceys have teens in the family?

And teens sometimes hanging out at the bridge, and the surrounding land in that area - lots of woods, farmland, paths.

And there is also the early rumor that 2 kids in their late teens riding a 4 wheeler in the area may have done it.

I wonder what kind of relationship (if any) the Plackers/Taylor had with any of the teens in the surrounding area. Did they interact at all? Was it friendly?

Thoughts on this?

Re: road blocks

It seems strange to put up a road block weeks after the killings. Someone hiding out most likely would certainly be out of the area by now.

Re: weapons

It appears the focus is now on eliminateing locals who might have used someone else's gun w/o them knowing about it. I wonder what LE will do about those who are refusing testing, based on Constitutional rights. Wouldn't OSBI need to show probable cause before getting a search warrant for a weapon from someone who is refusing?

Trino, I wonder too. Maybe next they would send an officer over to the person's home to talk to them as a follow up and see what the demeanor is or if something comes out of that. Maybe if they have an idea of who it is they are keeping watch to see if the person will do something to slip up.

I know we've talked about the Keloughs, Southerns, Dillon Harris (Kelough), etc. in that area and that the Chanceys also have a farm/ranch with a lot of land. Do the Chanceys have teens in the family?

And teens sometimes hanging out at the bridge, and the surrounding land in that area - lots of woods, farmland, paths.

And there is also the early rumor that 2 kids in their late teens riding a 4 wheeler in the area may have done it.

I wonder what kind of relationship (if any) the Plackers/Taylor had with any of the teens in the surrounding area. Did they interact at all? Was it friendly?

Thoughts on this?

I am not sure the age of the Chancey's grandchildren. I must say though, not that you were implying anything about the Chancey's but just to clear things up with them, they are very upstanding people. Not saying they are well-to-do, just that they have ranched in that area for years. I have known of them my whole life and they are all very good people. DD has an auction company and is very well known with the area ranchers/farmers. Anyway, again, not saying anyone was questioning the family but I wanted to put this out there. Thanks

FC, TG, Frog, anyone else.

I saw the aerial image FC did in the maps/photos thread. Not sure if there are other map pics anyone has already?

I created two map pics both using Mapquest: One is a street view with labels depicting Placker house, Patterson house, crime scene, bridge, Chancey's Bad Creek Farm, the area I believe the Keloughs/Southerns live (but not clear on that and need help). The second is the same but using the aerial image.

Can anyone help me to see if I have these locations correct and then posting them since I can't upload directly from my PC?

TIA.

I would have to see the maps to know if I could be of any help. I think immediate locals would be of better help. Can you post your maps in the map thread?

Maybe the reason they had roadblocks at both ends was to see how long people entering the area stayed and to make sure they left via one end or the other. I don't think people wearing suits would be part of a road crew. I would be more inclined to think it was FBI agents who usually do wear suits or upper echelon OSBI agents. I don't think it was the preacher.

I think they are hot on the trail of someone they suspect did these killings. I'm assuming they had two-way radios so they could be in contact with the group working the other end of the road.

I, for one, really appreciate the information supplied to us by the locals and put a lot of credence in it.

Also the fact that if you are going to someones place to score drugs you do not stay that long or if you go somewhere to attend maintenance on a grow house you do not stay that long. JMO

Also the fact that if you are going to someones place to score drugs you do not stay that long or if you go somewhere to attend maintenance on a grow house you do not stay that long. JMO

If someone is dealing drugs in that area, I'll bet they are definitely suffering a business setback now.

I would bet that LE has been turning the drug world upside down in investigating this.

Yeah Oh to be the fly on the wall !!
But really that is one reason because apparently they have had a stake out going & the traffic did not add up.

I may not be here to post tonight, so ahead of time, I want to thank you friends, for noticing my day. It made it special. Thank you so much!
fRoG:Banane45::Banane34::Banane44::Banane09::Banane21::Banane10::Banane53:

I am just seeing what is going on.. Our thread has been quiet & I was wondering if there was any news. :confused:

Hi GS, I wish I could say there was any news (that I'm aware of anyway). I have close to a dozen alerts on this case set to ping my blackberry when anything happens, and it too has been quiet. My guess is that the OSBI is still investigating the results of the firearm tests, not to mention doing something about those who didn't voluntarily submit their guns for testing (not sure what they can do though, if anything, without a warrant). Very frustrating.

Cheers!

I know I keep waiting myself praying every day we will have some news. I just checked on the casey Anthony thread 586 viewing wow.. thats alot of people.

I will stay true to our girls & come here everyday for them & not give up hope.

I know I keep waiting myself praying every day we will have some news. I just checked on the casey Anthony thread 586 viewing wow.. thats alot of people.

I will stay true to our girls & come here everyday for them & not give up hope.
Amen to that, GS... I'm right there (well, here) with ya. :)

Well the Plackers have not moved yet, Sheza and I drove by there yesterday, and this AM. So, the LE certainly wasn't searching the house. And, the new cross isn't as detailed as the orgiinal, and the solar lightw were not lit up last night, maybe there isn't enough sunlight, I was excited to drive by an d see the memorial lite up

Amen to that, GS... I'm right there (well, here) with ya. :)

Ditto for me GetSmart and KeyboardPlayer.
I check everyday and pray that something will be happening soon.

Keep the Faith~
Ruflossn

Well the Plackers have not moved yet, Sheza and I drove by there yesterday, and this AM. So, the LE certainly wasn't searching the house. And, the new cross isn't as detailed as the orgiinal, and the solar lightw were not lit up last night, maybe there isn't enough sunlight, I was excited to drive by an d see the memorial lite up
Thank you so much for the first hand info.

That sure puts to rest the rumor that they'd moved out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member