Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is so long and I am sure this has been asked but does OK have the DP?

On the Nancy Grace show, the spokeswoman for the OSBI said the bullets entered the girls from the front. Interestingly, she would not say which direction the murderers' vehicle was traveling.

On the press conference they said the Grandfather walked about 200-300 yards north of the house, would it be possible for them to have heard gunshots?

michelle:

Nancy asked that very question about hearing the gunshots.

The response was no gunshots were heard. But it could have been due to a radio being on, etc. More so, the wind direction was the final answer. (It was in the opposite direction) IIRC

michelle:

Nancy asked that very question about hearing the gunshots.

The response was no gunshots were heard. But it could have been due to a radio being on, etc. More so, the wind direction was the final answer. (It was in the opposite direction) IIRC
DH says that if its an open field its possible to hear but who knows. He said if its alot of trees ect you may have a harder time to hear.

And, MAYBE, there really isn't a witness.... maybe LE is just staying that to try to get the killers rattled and say or do something stupid. Just a thought..............

more demographics for comparison:
*fewer people per square mile than in many apartment complexes
*not as many houses in the whole town as many subdivisions
*a high percentage of residents who have paid-off mortgages

Houses: 450 (368 occupied: 264 owner occupied, 104 renter occupied)

% of renters here:
sg4.gif
28%State:
sg6.gif
32%
Housing density: 650 houses/condos per square mile
Median price asked for vacant for-sale houses and condos in 2000: $27,500​

Median rent asked for vacant for-rent units in 2000: $117​

Median gross rent in Weleetka, OK in 2000: $242​

Housing units in Weleetka with a mortgage: 100 (6 second mortgage, 7 home equity loan, 0 both second mortgage and home equity loan)
Houses without a mortgage: 116​

DH says that if its an open field its possible to hear but who knows. He said if its alot of trees ect you may have a harder time to hear.

Since this was Sunday and it seems that firing weapons at targets was the norm most likely the people that live around there have learned to tune it out.

It is like someone living close to an airport. At first all the noise drives them crazy but the longer they condition themselves to it they don't even pay attention anymore to the noise.

imo

I was wondering abt Taylors cellphone, found this:

When they didn't return and could not be reached by cell phone, Peter Placker went looking for them and found the bodies. He called 911 using Taylor's phone.

I am assuming she had the cellphone with her.

Is this right.

Since this was Sunday and it seems that firing weapons at targets was the norm most likely the people that live around there have learned to tune it out.

It is like someone living close to an airport. At first all the noise drives them crazy but the longer they condition themselves to it they don't even pay attention anymore to the noise.

imo
Yup that is true, maybe they thought it was a Hunter.
So 2 guns were found?

michelle:

There is a lot of foliage in the area where the girls were found. It was not an open field.

I was wondering abt Taylors cellphone, found this:

When they didn't return and could not be reached by cell phone, Peter Placker went looking for them and found the bodies. He called 911 using Taylor's phone.

I am assuming she had the cellphone with her.

Is this right.
Yes they said he used her cell phone, that means he had to get it from her body right? What will that do to potential evidence?

more demographics for comparison:
*fewer people per square mile than in many apartment complexes
*not as many houses in the whole town as many subdivisions
*a high percentage of residents who have paid-off mortgages

Houses: 450 (368 occupied: 264 owner occupied, 104 renter occupied)

% of renters here:
sg4.gif
28%State:
sg6.gif
32%
Housing density: 650 houses/condos per square mile
Median price asked for vacant for-sale houses and condos in 2000: $27,500​

Median rent asked for vacant for-rent units in 2000: $117​

Median gross rent in Weleetka, OK in 2000: $242​

Housing units in Weleetka with a mortgage: 100 (6 second mortgage, 7 home equity loan, 0 both second mortgage and home equity loan)
Houses without a mortgage: 116​

If this horrible crime hadn't happened, this sounds like the right price range and school size of a place that I would love to move to.

Yes they said he used her cell phone, that means he had to get it from her body right? What will that do to potential evidence?

I don't think it will hurt anything. The phone was not accessed by either child anyway. There is plenty of forensic evidence there at the scene because the grandfather wouldn't let anyone get close to it. That is the good thing.

imoo

If she was carrying it in her hand, it would have probably been laying beside her or on the road. I doubt her grandfather went through her pockets to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur