Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you scroll to the bottom you find this:

06-12-2008 WAI$ - PLACKER, JOE RICHARD JR 54380067 Jun 13 2008 10:49:02:560AM Realized $ 50.00
WARRANT OF ARREST ISSUED, JUDGE: RUSSELL HALL - BOND AMOUNT: $2,000.00

COUNT 1 - OBTAINING MONEY OR PROPERTY BY MEANS OF A FALSE AND BOGUS CHECK
COMMENT: 2008014178
($ 50.00)

What day was the witness mentioned?
Remember they said... the witness couldn't come forward sooner because he could be identified...
Did they wait until they "arrested" him to make sure he was in a safe place?

What are the chances that this killing was on 6-8-2008 and this guy's last
arrest was on 6-12-2008?

Interestingly enough, Joe's latest arrest was for MONEY :

Count as Filed: BC, OBTAINING MONEY OR PROPERTY BY MEANS OF A FALSE AND BOGUS CHECK , in violation of 21 O.S. 1521-1541
Date Of Offense: 09/04/2003

Party Name:Disposition Information:
Defendant: PLACKER, JOE RICHARD JR

Pending.
Date Of Offense: 09/04/2003 This was a long time ago. People write hot checks and I don't think it is that big of a deal since a lot of what is on the reports are financial lawsuits.

Don't want you to think I'm picking on you, FC, breaking up your post and disagreeing with it! I just wanted to show that there are other ways of interpreting some of this stuff, too. Don't mean to say that I think you're wrong, necessarily.

They (OSBI) are going to some trouble to protect, even shield, the families (who have been cleared) and the families are NOT taking part in the media campaign to find the killer.
How is the OSBI "protecting" and "shielding" the family?
In what way should the families take part in a media campaign to find the killer? Several of them have given interviews. Is it usual for every single person related to a murder victim to give an interview? Is it suspicious if they don't? How would a media interview with a family member aid in finding the murderer?
Even Skyla's family has been silent and absent from any media coverage -- we must ask ourselves why Skyla's family isn't speaking out - perhaps because they too are frightened and afraid of becoming targets - or becuase OSBI has advised them to remain silent?

Maybe Skyla's family is in deep mourning and doesn't feel like being on the morning news or discussing their grief with strangers.

Something OSBI would do if they thought any publicity might prove incendiary to the killer and cause perhaps further acts of retaliation or "control" targeting the Whitaker family?
Or maybe they're concentrating on other things besides the Whitaker family.

The Memorial Video for Taylor released to the public contains not a single photo of Taylor with a family member- and many included photos were abviously taken at celebratory school events where one would assume her family was in attendance and yet there were no photos shown of those events with Taylor and at least ONE of her GP's. I have never seen a memorial video where there was not a single photo of a child victim with ANY family member - in Taylor's video there was not a single baby photo, not a single holiday photo, not a single school event photo containing her family, not a single photo of her with her siblings - in fact, there was not a single photo of Taylor more than a year or two old and not a single photo taken outside a school event or classroom.

Maybe the Plackers don't have a camera. I don't.

This was not (IMO) some "crack/meth head". The behavior shown by the killer (and also the POI) was NOT that of a fearful, whacked out, paranoid, impulsive strung out, tweaking person. This killing shows an unusual LACK of emotion and a level of planning. It was cold, calm, calculated and organized

The experts I've seen have seemed to think this killer was unorganized. I don't think the murder seems well planned at all -- lots of people around, non-fatal shots and fatal ones, casings left around, the girls just happened to be on the road at that time (no way the killer could have known ahead of time that they'd be there.)

TWO GUNS were used - that's not the behavior of a "thrill killer" - that's the behavior of someone who is as invested in sending the MESSAGE to the survivors as in the killing itself. The killing itself seems almost secondary to the presentation of message because the killer risked a LOT to leave that message - something he did NOT have to do if killing the girls was his ONLY goal.

"Two guns" being used could be the behavior of two thrill killers. Also, I don't get how using two guns would send more of a message than using one gun. In fact, I would think that one shot in the back of each of their heads would send a much more effective message.

Psychology of this scene says the killer didn't care so much about killing (or who he killed) but about the message the killing left behind. The deaths were only important as the medium to communicate the message and frankly, I don't think the killer cared WHO he killed - so long as the MESSAGE was clear and unmistakable to the target.
I agree that this killer probably did not care who he killed. I also suspect that the killer wanted to send a message to someone in the family. But I don't think the killer thought it out coldly -- I think the killer was angry and out of control.

And I do think the murders are in some way connected to the Placker Family thru the Bandidos. Perhaps the Bandidos didn't order the hit - but I betcha the killer is related to someone in the Bandidos or is in the Bandidos.
The killer could be associated with the Bandidos, but I don't for a minute think the Bandidos ordered this hit. Even if they were low and cowardly enough to order a hit on a little girl, they would expect it to be done with some sort of efficiency. There are plenty of very bad people with ties to members of this family besides the Bandidos. Or, the killer could just be some nut job. I don't see a way we can come to a conclusion at this point.

Somebody was "sending a message" to someone in the Placker family for some reason...and to do that they killed two girls who came out of the Placker house - don't think they cared WHO they were or HOW they were related. The message was clear and I think Taylor's G-PA knew this the minute he saw the bodies.

My Opinion

IF this was a retaliatory or revenge murder, I agree that Peter Placker probably knew immediately.

Date Of Offense: 09/04/2003 This was a long time ago. People write hot checks and I don't think it is that big of a deal since a lot of what is on the reports are financial lawsuits.

Yes, that's right SS.
But his last arrest date was for 06/08.

Interestingly enough, Joe's latest arrest was for MONEY :

Count as Filed: BC, OBTAINING MONEY OR PROPERTY BY MEANS OF A FALSE AND BOGUS CHECK , in violation of 21 O.S. 1521-1541
Date Of Offense: 09/04/2003

Party Name:Disposition Information:
Defendant: PLACKER, JOE RICHARD JR

Pending.
Even more interesting is when they put out the warrant for his arrest for this!
6-12-2008 :eek:

Maybe the funeral home didn't have the necessary scanners to convert paper pictures to digital. Maybe it was broken or something, and they had to use only the digital shots that the school had. I don't have a digital camera. All my pics are on paper.

Flower, I think you are getting carried away and might lead others to miss other leads in this case. We need to keep an open mind to any motives and wait until the evidence is released before forming set opinions. Exploring all the avenues to lead us to the killer/killers is difficult when we don't know what is going on in the investigation. This is the reason I didn't mention Joe Placker initally because I knew people would have to assume it was all about him...which it may have nothing to do with him! (I even checked out the company that was listed on his shirt for further information and it was legit so we know he was probably working.)

You were not at the memorial, part of planning the memorial, or even knows who put the photo presentation together. We cannot simply assume anything sinister from what was done or not done at the memorial service for Taylor. We don't know if the grands might hate having their photos taken or if they were the type to even be big on photography at all. Maybe they don't even own a camera for all we know!
There are very few photos of me with my kids or relatives because I was always the one behind the lens. Go figure! I guess I could be accused of trying to hide my identity, too. (No way...but still!)

If I were the grandparents, I would want to be away from all the things going on right now. I hope they do have a place to retreat to for a few days. I have a feeling they don't have the money to go far and probably did not leave their home either. I do not believe for a second they are "on the run" from the killer/killers or in hiding in concert with LE.

Three days after the girls are murdered a warrant is issued for a bad check from 2003? Am I understanding this correctly?

Ok with all the different names flyin around and all I probably missed this but is this person Joe Richard Plaker Jr the possible father of Taylor's?????? :waitasec:

Yes, that's right SS.
But his last arrest date was for 06/08.
I just don't think writing hot checks or his arrest has anything to do with this. In the course of the investigation, they could have realized their oversite to arrest him before and took care of it. Or maybe they didn't know where Joe was living until they dove into the family tree for suspects. Sometimes, they won't go out and actively arrest them on a Bench Warrant, but if they are popped on a traffic violation or other...they will take them to jail for it.

What day was the witness mentioned?
Remember they said... the witness couldn't come forward sooner because he could be identified...
Did they wait until they "arrested" him to make sure he was in a safe place?

What are the chances that this killing was on 6-8-2008 and this guy's last
arrest was on 6-12-2008?[/QUOTE]

You may be onto something!

Three days after the girls are murdered a warrant is issued for a bad check from 2003? Am I understanding this correctly?

You took the words right out of my mouth....interesting, very interesting.

Ok with all the different names flyin around and all I probably missed this but is this person Joe Richard Plaker Jr the possible father of Taylor's?????? :waitasec:

I don't think so. He'd have to be Peter Placker's son to be Taylor's father. Looks like his father must be Joe Richard Placker, Sr.

The only connection at this time that I can see is from this post:
Look at the docket search for OK under Joe Placker.
There's info showing spouse, Ann Marie, who has same addy in OKC as....Peter and Vicky/Vickie, and Linda Kaye/Kay
Very interesting.
Looks like protective order for spouse and minor children too. I'm reading all right now.
I added the red.

It also could be that while initially investigating the family, LE realized that this was unfinished business and decided to take care of it while it was in front of them. Kinda weird though.

Curiouser and curiouser. It was filed the day after the girls were murdered. 6-10-08.

Why bother with a five year old bad check? Or is it a reason to apprehend and hold someone behind bars on one case while gathering evidence on another?
The girls were murdered on June 8, 2008. My first post on the case was done on June 9, 2008 when it came out in the press. LE had a headstart and could have issued the warrant soon after the murders as they were running down family members. Anytime there is a Bench Warrant and LE becomes aware of the person's location especially under these circumstances...they will take care of it. Can you imagine what the press would do to know there was a BW and nothing was done? I think LE was dotting their Is and crossing their Ts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18