Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, to a point, what you are saying. This was his child that he forgot, not other things that are as important as his own child. I forget things more now than ever, but important things I don't forget. It really isn't hard to remember to take your child to day care especially after having spent time with him at Chick-fli-a then a minute later forgets??? I really don't get that part, I just don't. He didn't forget to go to work, he didn't forget to sexted, he didn't forget to get lightbulbs, nor did he forget to take his briefcase out of the car but he forgets his son???? His little buddy that he just had breakfast with, strapped him in the car and chooses (my words) forgets (RH's words) to not take him to day care? Sorry, I keep repeating myself here.. :crazy:

I agree, it's very hard to understand how this happens...but it does. Have you ever read about the effect of cell phone use on driving? They equate it to being drunk--I think maybe even worse. If everything they say is true about him and the sexting, his mind was totally somewhere else...there may have been some other things going on that morning that had him distracted. Don't know, but time will tell....

Yes, you must have missed them.

It doesn't make any sense to me.

I am not trying to argumentative. I am just trying to keep straight what people have posted. I am trying to understand and consider everybody's posts, suggestions, theories, etc. Yesterday someone misunderstood my choice of words on another topic and we discussed it and all is well. P89 post 2219 has inthedetails answer to my questtion about someone thought CH had been killed between CFA and HD. inthedetails posted that no one had said CH was killed between CFA and HD. Looking back on this thread, last night your reply to inthedetails was asking if someone thought CH was killed between CFA and HD. Also in the posts last night someone told me not to waste my time looking for "CH was killed between CFA and HD" because it was not there.
Was there another post other than inthedetails where you saw that someone thought CH was killed between CFA and HD. Again, I am just trying to keep details straight. I have started taking notes to help me. Thanks.

I agree, it's very hard to understand how this happens...but it does. Have you ever read about the effect of cell phone use on driving? They equate it to being drunk--I think maybe even worse. If everything they say is true about him and the sexting, his mind was totally somewhere else...there may have been some other things going on that morning that had him distracted. Don't know, but time will tell....

Yes, I understand the cell phone while driving :crazy: and how one can get distracted, but from everything I've read so far, he wasn't using it at that time. :)

I can understand being distracted and forgetting, but he actually forgot Cooper was in the car less than a minute of strapping him in his car seat. This is what I don't get, somewhere along the line he would remember that he didn't take him to day care. So Cooper wasn't on his mind the whole day? He would remember taking him to day care because that is a production in itself, so he simply forgot? I do not believe Cooper was quite that whole time either, I believe he was alert because it was a routine to go to day care.

He was STRAPPED IN THE INFANT SEAT. He was! There is NO WAY to strap a child in tight enough in a regular seat belt that he can't get out. Unless maybe you duct tape them to the seat? And there is no way a child that age would stay seated, especially if he is in distress. He would be trying to get out of the car.

If he wasn't strapped in, that would have been EXTREMELY RELEVANT in the probable cause hearing to prove negligence for not only leaving him in the car but also not following the car seat laws.

I apologize if this is too blunt but everyone else is politely dancing around this line of thinking and it's simply not even a possibility that he wasn't strapped in.

****SNIPPED

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz38YyTIOsq

This is just a theory of mine--is it possible it could have happened this way? I do think so, but there's really not much point in arguing it because it is not something subject to opinion--right or wrong, the evidence will bear this one out.

LH texted: Get to work ok?
RH texted back:Hell yeah!!

All posts are MOO

The use of the word "hell" seems off here. Are we sure that's what it says? If so... kind of sick considering what Cooper was going through.

Sure a 22mo could have his knees bent with his feet dangling over the edge of the backseat if he was sitting near the edge of the seat.

Remember Detective Stoddard saying this @ PCH: Cooper's feet were up. To me, that means pointing skyward when placed on his back. Cooper was in the sitting position with his feet up in the air as his back was on the hot pavement. It will be interesting to know how far bent Cooper's knees had to be so his feet could be propped against the back of the Hyundai's rear seat so that the feet would be sticking up in the air during rigor when on the hot concrete.moo :dunno:

On this point, I feel if his legs were up, he was using them to push his way out of that seat. That would also account for the abrasions to the back of his head.

I do not know if this will solve the mystery but here goes....My post #2104 was a refutation to the suggestion that Cooper could have been dead on arrival at the Treehouse parking lot. I said that that would have to mean that he died somewhere between Chik fil a and the parking lot, which was impossible since the drive was a few minutes and daddy was driving the car. Also that he would not have died of hyperthermia (per ME) and that surveillance video supposedly shows him to be quite alive at Chik fil a. Does that clear this up??? JMO

The use of the word "hell" seems off here. Are we sure that's what it says? If so... kind of sick considering what Cooper was going through.

The "Hell yeah!!" response to that question makes no sense to me in any context.

That seems more like a response to a question like "Want to go out for a beer after work?"

The "Hell yeah!!" response to that question makes no sense to me in any context.

That seems more like a response to a question like "Want to go out for a beer after work?"
I wonder if she also deleted some things.

Can we possibly stipulate that the child was INDEED strapped in? He would have had to have been unbuckled at chik fil a and died enroute to the Treehouse parking lot for him to NOT have been buckled in . Otherwise, a toddler would have been climbing around all over the car. I don't imagine that he died of hyperthermia if his father somehow killed him while driving the few minutes it took to arrive at the Treehouse parking lot. There are videos of both chik fil a and the parking lot. Also a medical examiner report on what caused his death. Whew. not JMO

Thanks for this post.

I do not know if this will solve the mystery but here goes....My post #2104 was a refutation to the suggestion that Cooper could have been dead on arrival at the Treehouse parking lot. I said that that would have to mean that he died somewhere between Chik fil a and the parking lot, which was impossible since the drive was a few minutes and daddy was driving the car. Also that he would not have died of hyperthermia (per ME) and that surveillance video supposedly shows him to be quite alive at Chik fil a. Does that clear this up??? JMO

Thanks for posting the above post. If I understand correctly, as I did when I first read your post, you were only saying IF CH had been unbuckled, then this would have had to have happened because a 22 month old would have been moving all over that car. I did not understand from reading this that anyone had suggested that CH died between CFA and DH. Am I correct?
I am just trying to get to the bottom of the post that suggested that CH might have died between CFA and DH. I could not find a post suggesting this, but I was told in an earlier post that I had indeed missed the post that CH might have died between CFA and DH. Not trying to be argumentative. I am now taking notes on what is posted. I am just trying to follow the posts. Thanks again for clarification on your post.

Yes, it is really incredible that SO many people have to continuously yap, yap, yap and constantly text on their stupid phones. It REALLY gets my hackles up because it is not only a huge distraction, but many people go off into a completely separate world when doing it, hence the laws in many states making it illegal to use a phone while driving....a hands free connection is just as bad (if not worse), because folks think that just because they are not physically holding a phone that they can talk and drive at the same time. That's not the case- your mind is still not 100% focused on driving....I see this every single day....driving down the freeway yesterday at 70+ mph, I came up on someone who was driving about half that speed and sure enough, when I looked over they were yap, yap, yapping away (I'm sure about some inane drivel as usual). UNBELIEVABLE. I have seen many people walking down the sidewalk and into the middle of an intersection without ever even looking up from their stupid phone....they are NOT in the present, but in a completely different world. Yes, I have a phone and use it when I need to, but never while I am driving. Never. I would pick it up and use it in the case of an emergency, however barring that circumstance, I will pull over and stop, THEN make or answer a call. Again, UNBELIEVABLE. What are all these people doing, talking someone through heart transplant surgery??? Come on.

My apologies for the rant, but back OT, I can definitely visualize a self absorbed slug like [modsnip] being completely focused only on sexting and obsessed with sending pics of his itty bitty little bits to someone. UNREAL. Just UNREAL. Like many of us, I am so eager to hear all of the information that comes out at the trial, as I am sure what we know so far will only be the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

My understanding is when police arrived at the scene he was on the phone. They told him to get off so they could speak to him and he said no. They told him again and he responded, "F you." That's when they took his phone, put him in handcuffs, and sat him in the cop car. He wasn't under arrest, so they wouldn't have read him his rights at that time. If he hadn't mouthed off to the cops, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been put in cuffs.

But suspects are cuffed and brought into the station for questioning every day. They're not read their rights until they have actually been placed under arrest. If the suspect asks, "Am I under arrest?" and the answer is no, the suspect is free to leave. If the suspect refuses to answer questions while being interviewed and the police don't have enough on him/her to hold them, they have to release them. Or if the suspect says, "I want to talk to my lawyer," the interview is also over.

RH was placed under arrest only after he willingly answered questions when the police interviewed him. He didn't refuse to talk, and he didn't ask to speak to his lawyer. He has a background in law enforcement, so he knew the drill. When he was placed under arrest for child endangerment his response was, "But it was an accident." Then when he was told he was also under arrest for murder his response was, "But there was no malicious intent." He truly thought by offering all that information it would vindicate him (how he buckled Cooper in tightly for safety, leaving him in a hot car was his biggest fear - which is why he viewed the video of the vet demonstrating the effects of being left in a hot car, as well as the TV show about the advocate of "turn around" who lost their child in a hot car, so he could learn safety precautions to take so it would never happen to him, how they had gone to breakfast together that morning, and he kissed him, as he always did, in case they got into an accident he wanted Cooper to know that daddy loved him), but it did just the opposite.

I don't see any reason why his interview would be inadmissible. MOO
BBM
So a suspect can be placed in handcuff's, brought to a police station for questioning and as long as they don't ask if their under arrest their not in custody? I'm not sure about that. I would hope that LE would make it clear that the suspect was free to leave after being handcuff and detained in a police car.

Do we know if LE told JRH that he was not under arrest and free to leave before they questioned him? We can guess that they did but I haven't seen it stated by LE that it happened. Maybe LE didn't take any chances and read him his rights at the very beginning of his interrogation. I would like to know what really happened. JMO.

Just a thought but, it's possible that RH wasn't real consistent about getting out of the house in the mornings promptly to make it to work on time. Thus, the comment from LH. I had a husband like this that weekly would either not go to work or was constantly late. If I had allowed it, he wouldn't have worked. Just saying if LH had to constantly babysit his habits to check on whether or not he made it to work, her comment lines up for me.

LH texted: Get to work ok?
RH texted back:Hell yeah!!

All posts are MOO
At the moment, Ross' response of "hell yeah!!" being interpreted as a way to communicate "mission accomplished" seems to make the most sense to me. If Ross had driven to work in an ice storm with trees snapping off in this path, maybe an emphatic response from him would have been in order, but for a routine answer to a routine question (if it was a question), I would expect a less forceful reply. Maybe a simple "yeah".

If Leanna's intention with her words was to admonish Ross to get busy/get back to work, I'm not picturing a double-exclamation-point level of enthusiasm from him, either.

I don't know if it's this way for most people, but when I use an exclamation point, it is intentional, and if I use two, I'm feelin' it more.

If Cooper's death was a planned event, the time of day connected with "getting to work" was pivotal. And one of the possible connotations for "get to work okay" takes us to the morning time and the physical action of arriving. A simple "how's your day going?" might have sufficed.

This is a small communication that could possibly be big if there were some significant words left unsaid between the lines that both parties understood.

I am not trying to argumentative. I am just trying to keep straight what people have posted. I am trying to understand and consider everybody's posts, suggestions, theories, etc. Yesterday someone misunderstood my choice of words on another topic and we discussed it and all is well. P89 post 2219 has inthedetails answer to my questtion about someone thought CH had been killed between CFA and HD. inthedetails posted that no one had said CH was killed between CFA and HD. Looking back on this thread, last night your reply to inthedetails was asking if someone thought CH was killed between CFA and HD. Also in the posts last night someone told me not to waste my time looking for "CH was killed between CFA and HD" because it was not there.
Was there another post other than inthedetails where you saw that someone thought CH was killed between CFA and HD. Again, I am just trying to keep details straight. I have started taking notes to help me. Thanks.

Post 2207 pg 89 of this forum is the post where I was informed that I had missed the link stating that someone had posted that CH had died between CFA and DH. I understand this case is very hard emotionally charged for all us. Lots of similarities in my family to RH and his family. Lots of differences too. My son is RH's age, I have a 24 mo old grandson, and my son graduated from Auburn Univ which is in the same state of UN of Ala where RH graduated. For me it has been very difficult to understand why and if a parent could ever intentionally murder his child or any other child. As I said, I have started taking notes so I can keep up with all the info here. I am also reading all the posts, try not to be emotional, and trying to see why someone thinks what they do whether they are in the 100% RH guilty group or the 100% RH not guilty group. If this goes to trial, I hope a lot of these differences will be resolved. Thanks again clarifying you post.

Mouthing off to a police officer, hindering their investigation of a death that you have a direct connection with would surely get you arrested.

I do not recall anyone specifically saying that they thought he died en route to the treehouse. Maybe someone did earlier, but I didn't see it. All I was saying was that anyone thinking he was possibly dead at HD upon arrival, would HAVE to presume that he died in between chik fil a and the Treehouse parking lot.....which is patently illogical!!! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8