Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. We are 100% sure that was his car?

We used the make, model, and tag number, then someone took a "walk" around the parking lot to find the car in the Google Street View. I knew it was possible because I have found my own car in front of my home and also found it in my work parking lot. The pics are not live shots, so they would be more likely to reflect his NORMAL parking location.

Agreed. He may have been telling him he'd be right back during those 30 seconds he was sitting in the car after he parked, but I can't see a 22 month old patiently waiting alone for very long.

I will be very interested in the toxicology report. I wouldn't at all be surprised if some type of sedative is found in his system. RH may have put something in Cooper's breakfast to make him fall asleep so he wouldn't draw attention to his car by crying. MOO

No sedative was found.

I think it's possible RH got so distracted by the sexting on his phone that he wasn't in the real moment and did forget Cooper. But, other little details like the very short drive from CFA to his workplace gives me serious doubts that was the case.

He leaves fast food place, straps Cooper in and forgets to drive to day care and drives to work. At work, forgets child is in car. I don't think there is any distraction in the world that could make that possible in such a short period of time.

I think it's possible RH got so distracted by the sexting on his phone that he wasn't in the real moment and did forget Cooper. But, other little details like the very short drive from CFA to his workplace gives me serious doubts that was the case. The defense didn't want the sexting info to come in during the probable cause hearing. If it is allowed in trial, I can see the defense trying to use it to their advantage by saying that's the cause of RH's distraction. But would he have to be put on the stand to say that? I don't think any defense attorney would put him on the stand.

Except that at the probable cause hearing it was stated Ross had no phone calls during the drive, IIRC.

He leaves fast food place, straps Cooper in and forgets to drive to day care and drives to work. At work, forgets child is in car. I don't think there is any distraction in the world that could make that possible in such a short period of time.

Within 30 seconds.

Except that at the probable cause hearing it was stated Ross had no phone calls during the drive, IIRC.

But he could have used another messaging program. Gotta wait for the phone forensics.

Wait. We are 100% sure that was his car?

That was me that posted this in the media thread the other day.

I haven't claimed it was JRH's suv, just that it looked like a Hyundai Tuscon.

" I hope this works. I'm never sure if it will or not.

If not, I put in Home Depot 2600 Cumberland Parkway in Google and then street view. Move it around until you can see the man in the yellow shirt walking, then look above and past him the light pole (up and to the right) and I think that is a Hyundai Tucson."

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=++hom...9,,0,4.65&z=21

I think it's possible RH got so distracted by the sexting on his phone that he wasn't in the real moment and did forget Cooper. But, other little details like the very short drive from CFA to his workplace gives me serious doubts that was the case. The defense didn't want the sexting info to come in during the probable cause hearing. If it is allowed in trial, I can see the defense trying to use it to their advantage by saying that's the cause of RH's distraction. But would he have to be put on the stand to say that? I don't think any defense attorney would put him on the stand.

I would think if the defense argued not guilty by reason of ^$$hole then the prosecution would argue back that choosing to strap his son in the car and drive while allowing yourself to become distracted by the sexting was a neglectful act.

Besides, didn't RH tell Det. Stoddard that he had no texts or phone calls or other distractions on that drive? And RH wouldn't lie :rolleyes:

The phone records will tell the tale and LE and defense will know well before trial if that card even can be played and supported by evidence.

That was me that posted this in the media thread the other day.

I haven't claimed it was JRH's suv, just that it looked like a Hyundai Tuscon.

" I hope this works. I'm never sure if it will or not.

If not, I put in Home Depot 2600 Cumberland Parkway in Google and then street view. Move it around until you can see the man in the yellow shirt walking, then look above and past him the light pole (up and to the right) and I think that is a Hyundai Tucson."

Can you please retry that link? I don't think it is what you meant for it to be.

One of the small details that caught my attention is the text from RH to LH about (paraphrasing), "what time are you picking up my buddy?"

Now, the first thing that occurred to me when I read that is, how commonly did RH refer to Cooper as "my buddy?" And did he commonly refer to Cooper this way in other texts or communication with LH? It just sounds too contrived, or too much like a rehearsed signal, unless this is the way he frequently referred to Cooper.

There was a "boy" doll back in the 80's called "My Buddy"-- and that song popped into my head the first time I heard he texted LH those words. No connection, but it just sounded so strange to me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4j2xEwEHbrE

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Buddy_(doll)

(But then, I think the "Bama Bangs" and urinal selfie is weird, too! So who knows.)

And if LH was picking up that day, and RH was headed to a movie with friends, why exactly would it matter what time LH was picking up "his buddy?" For me, it's enough to know my spouse is picking up. My spouse knows what time daycare closes-- I have never needed to ask him what time he is picking up, only "if" he is still able to do the pickup. The "what time" query alone is very odd to me, if they both worked days. Each knew what time the other was supposed to be off work.

So unless there is more context to that text, I find it to be highly strange, in more ways than one.

Can you please retry that link? I don't think it is what you meant for it to be.

Sure, no problem,

This is from post 152 yesterday in the media thread,

I hope this works. I'm never sure if it will or not.

"If not, I put in Home Depot 2600 Cumberland Parkway in Google and then street view. Move it around until you can see the man in the yellow shirt walking, then look above and past him the light pole (up and to the right) and I think that is a Hyundai Tucson."

and then the link. It works when I click on this one in the post. It takes a moment to load.

If you're getting some thing different, try going to the address I listed above.

One of the small details that caught my attention is the text from RH to LH about (paraphrasing), "what time are you picking up my buddy?"

Now, the first thing that occurred to me when I read that is, how commonly did RH refer to Cooper as "my buddy?" And did he commonly refer to Cooper this way in other texts or communication with LH? It just sounds too contrived, or too much like a rehearsed signal, unless this is the way he frequently referred to Cooper.

There was a "boy" doll back in the 80's called "My Buddy"-- and that song popped into my head the first time I heard he texted LH those words. No connection, but it just sounded so strange to me.

(But then, I think the "Bama Bangs" and urinal selfie is weird, too! So who knows.)

And if LH was picking up that day, and RH was headed to a movie with friends, why exactly would it matter what time LH was picking up "his buddy?" For me, it's enough to know my spouse is picking up. My spouse knows what time daycare closes-- I have never needed to ask him what time he is picking up, only "if" he is still able to do the pickup. The "what time" query alone is very odd to me, if they both worked days. Each knew what time the other was supposed to be off work.

So unless there is more context to that text, I find it to be highly strange, in more ways than one.

Saw on FB last night where JRHs mother posted. She claimed R loved his son and even called him "mini me" or "my little buddy". As someone else noted, it was all about "me" as far as JRH was concerned.

I would think if the defense argued not guilty by reason of ^$$hole then the prosecution would argue back that choosing to strap his son in the car and drive while allowing yourself to become distracted by the sexting was a neglectful act.

Besides, didn't RH tell Det. Stoddard that he had no texts or phone calls or other distractions on that drive? And RH wouldn't lie :rolleyes:

The phone records will tell the tale and LE and defense will know well before trial if that card even can be played and supported by evidence.

Not guilty by reason of ^$$hole? What does that even mean? All I was saying is that if the prosecution is allowed to bring the sexting into trial, the defense has to address it in some way, and that way could be that it was all RH could think about and he was distracted from real life. He doesn't need to have been doing it while driving to be distracted by it. He could've been chatting at home in the morning before they left, and/or at the Chick-fil-a. Then while driving after breakfast, all he was thinking of was getting to work so he could continue the conversation. Yes, it's still negligence, and I don't think it makes him not guilty. I just find it interesting to think how the defense might handle it.

The phone records won't help in my opinion. I doubt he was texting or calling any of his sexting friends. IIRC the detective said he was mainly using Kik, a chat site, to communicate with the women. There's many ways of chatting that won't show up on your AT&T phone records, like private messaging through yahoo, facebook, twitter, and many more. But, I'm hopeful LE will be able to find all of RH's chats no matter what he used.

Not guilty by reason of ^$$hole? What does that even mean? All I was saying is that if the prosecution is allowed to bring the sexting into trial, the defense has to address it in some way, and that way could be that it was all RH could think about and he was distracted from real life. He doesn't need to have been doing it while driving to be distracted by it. He could've been chatting at home in the morning before they left, and/or at the Chick-fil-a. Then while driving after breakfast, all he was thinking of was getting to work so he could continue the conversation. Yes, it's still negligence, and I don't think it makes him not guilty. I just find it interesting to think how the defense might handle it.

The phone records won't help in my opinion. I doubt he was texting or calling any of his sexting friends. IIRC the detective said he was mainly using Kik, a chat site, to communicate with the women. There's many ways of chatting that won't show up on your AT&T phone records, like private messaging through yahoo, facebook, twitter, and many more. But, I'm hopeful LE will be able to find all of RH's chats no matter what he used.

This is a great article that talks about what you mentioned in your post:

Public may have turned, but jurists see holes in case against Cobb dad

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-...in-ca/ngc72/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_sfp

I agree the "what time" question is so odd. I think it was said at the hearing that RH and LH both shared picking Cooper up from daycare in the evening. So I wouldn't think it strange to check in with the other. My husband didn't have a good memory about plans when it came to our daughter when she was young, so I'd check in with him. But I'd say do you remember? or you're picking her up right? Not what time, that wasn't an issue.

I remember the "my buddy" doll commercial too! Catchy jingle.

This is a great article that talks about what you mentioned in your post:

Public may have turned, but jurists see holes in case against Cobb dad

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-...in-ca/ngc72/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_sfp

These particular charges are perfect, IMO brilliant move.
They can easily get to felony murder.

The author says something about forgetting his son in less than 5 minutes....
Try less than TWO. When his Cooper was SIX inches away from his own head....
While RH sat there for 30 seconds before getting out of the car.

I fail to see any holes.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the amount of sexting was usual for him on any given day ( at work ) If it was a great deal more active on the day Cooper was killed, I would wonder if he were distracting himself, could not really keep his mind on work...
And this is O/T a bit but cant think of anyone ever leaving their child to die in a cold car.. like in the winter.... would seem like it would happen then too.. but I have never heard of it even once.. and I live up in Michigan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member