Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To say at a funeral that he dreamed Cooper was sitting in the lap of Jesus and that Ross referred to his son as "his little devil" really illustrates to me just how much of a disturbed creep Ross is. Referring to an infant as a "little devil" is usually done jokingly when they do things such as unravel toilet paper or make a mess. Is his family really that obtuse?

What did Ross intend to do on the cruise? Throw Leanna overboard? And where exactly were they going to get the cash for a down payment on a house if they were planning on going on a cruise? Large, recent credit card debt does affect your credit score when applying for a mortgage.

JMO
Probably Cooper or Leanna or both were going to go overboard. I and agree about the finances. He may have had $6,000 in the bank- but balance that out against $4K in credit card debt (guitar?) and planning a cruise for all 3, plus shopping for a new house. It doesn't add up. Especially when the promotion was denied and so was the Chick-Fil-A job.

Maybe we will never know, but I wonder if he did ANY HD-related work that day. I suspect that he wasn't exactly a star employee, thus no raise. Arrived late, sexted and made lunch and movie plans, sexted some more, filled his face full of lunch,sexted some more, an hour before he left, was checking to make sure Leanna was picking up Cooper (and very concerned about what time that would be) left work early after telling his friends he would be late to the movie and that was the end of his productive day. The rest is more documented. YECCH. JMO

Do we know whether or not he got an annual raise? We know that he went for a promotion that he didn't get, but I don't remember about the raise. He may have started slacking after he didn't get the promotion, sometimes people do that...who knows? What I have seen, though, is that texting in the workplace is very prolific, even in professional settings--I would think if sex was involved, it might be even worse.

There is no legal basis for a lawsuit. HD could have fired him because they didn't like his bangs or the fact that he didn't adhere to office hours.

In the state of Georgia, employment is presumed to be "at-will" when no contract exists between the employer and employee. At-will employment arrangements allow either the employer or employee to terminate the work relationship at any given time.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/wrongful-termination-in-georgia.html

I took it that poster was being facetious. Ross would try to sue if he could...

To say at a funeral that he dreamed Cooper was sitting in the lap of Jesus and that Ross referred to his son as "his little devil" really illustrates to me just how much of a disturbed creep Ross is. Referring to an infant as a "little devil" is usually done jokingly when they do things such as unravel toilet paper or make a mess. Is his family really that obtuse?

Everything I've seen said "little buddy". Where did "little devil" come from?

You've said exactly what others have and you're right -- 2 years old IS too young for water slides (at least where I'm from) -- even with brother's SIL having a kid to play with my kid, a cruise (outside of maybe Disney or Nickelodeon IF your kid is obsessed with a character) is out of place, imo.

Besides the fact that there isn't a lot for a child CH's age to do, who would want to PAY for that experience?

My kids BEG me to take the to Disney World & numerous other places -- besides the money factor, I tell them that the YOUNGEST has to be AT LEAST 5 or older, they have to know how to swim (for the most part), they have to know their address, phone number, parents' names, etc in case we get separated and so on... I'm always thinking worst case scenario...

Maybe I need to lighten up? But I feel my kids are not ready to get lost in the happiest place on earth -- it can happen, despite my best intentions... jmo

A cruise... UGH!!!!!!!
Actually we took DD to Disneyland at age 3, and she thoroughly enjoyed it and there was tons to do! We got all the autographs of the Princesses, and saw a Princess show, parades, plus they have Toon Town which is a toddler climbing/jumpy house type area. Only a couple of rides scared her.

Actually we took DD to Disneyland at age 3, and she thoroughly enjoyed it and there was tons to do! We got all the autographs of the Princesses, and saw a Princess show, parades, plus they have Toon Town which is a toddler climbing/jumpy house type area. Only a couple of rides scared her.

I'm (mumblemumble) years old, and I LOVE Toon Town!!!

Wait a second I just though of something- if homeskillet had 6g in savings HOW does he qualify for a public defender?!?

Sent from my not so humble opinion.
Off topic:

BBM :giggle:

On topic:

I wonder what the income level is for having a public defender appointed

Does anyone have any ideas why it took months for RH to convince his brother to go on a cruise together?

If it was such a big deal, why didn't RH just go with his family. Cooper didn't need the rest of them to have fun on a water slide.

So much fun for a child who cannot swim. Yup.

I questioned this yesterday. In Baygeants own words. "He hounded him and hounded him."

If one of my sisters asked to join our family on a cruise, with their family, I would quickly accept.

Now if I was someone that didn't want a sibling to go, I would tell them right away that I wanted it to just be family time for us. Either way, there wouldn't be any 'hounding' for months and months.

This makes me think that Baygeant had some reservations about going on vacation with RH and I wonder what those reservations were.

Maybe Ross's brother was afraid of getting seasick and had to be talked into the idea of a cruise. MOO.

Actually, Ranch, it was the other way around. In December, RH's brother told him he wanted to take his family on a cruise. Ross wanted to tag along.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...nbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#78e1751a.3791475.735434

The idea had percolated since Christmas, when Baygents said he wanted to take his wife and four children on a cruise.

Harris suggested the two families vacation together, Baygents said. “He hounded and hounded me about it. I finally gave him a green light about a month and a half ago.”

"On the other hand, the defense faces — at the very least — a mass of circumstantial evidence that, in its sheer variety and volume, presents a formidable challenge. Many points, the Harris team has not publicly addressed yet at all."

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...nbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#63de08bc.3823475.735434

still waiting in the other shoe to drop...

well that article certainly absolves the ajc from accusations of libel or biased reporting that could be used by the defense to obtain a change in venue. His family has now publicly accused the cops of rush to judgment. Kudos to the ajc. Because it really isn't going to matter if Ross was in the car with his son 15 seconds or 30 seconds before exiting.

JMO

everything beyond him forgetting the alive, awake, alert child he had just kissed and strapped in after 30 seconds is gravy IMO. The entire case is circumstantial but dayum, what a pile of circumstantial evidence they have.

Most cases IMO are circumstantial. Very rarely do you have direct evidence. What you end up with is circumstantial stuff stack upon circumstantial stuff til it is an overwhelming wall.

MOO RH's attorney has a hell of a climb.

everything beyond him forgetting the alive, awake, alert child he had just kissed and strapped in after 30 seconds is gravy IMO. The entire case is circumstantial but dayum, what a pile of circumstantial evidence they have.

Most cases IMO are circumstantial. Very rarely do you have direct evidence. What you end up with is circumstantial stuff stack upon circumstantial stuff til it is an overwhelming wall.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ BBM. There is no arguing or reasoning or exusing this away.

K.I.S.S.

Indeed. I can't think of a better way to put the kaboosh on hot car deaths of children than to take this all the way to a very public conclusion. If parents are so busy in their lives they can't trouble themselves to place a reminder that their child is inches away from them, then prison is where the parent needs to be. I was shocked when Kari Engholm successfully used the "I forgot" defense years ago. The short distance involved was similar to this case. Mere blocks away. And she got into the car PARKED AT A HOSPITAL and drove the same short distance that afternoon before she "discovered" her dead baby. It was ridiculous that a Judge accepted her "I forgot" defense and the public was outraged.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member