Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah.......but is he a 'handsome little devil'? :thinking:

:floorlaugh:

Yuck. Sorry, I know it's easy to dislike this *person* based on what he is charged with, but I have known people like him and they make me very uncomfortable and it is hard to be nice or even civil to someone who is so smarmy and obnoxious. He is such a know-it-all on Reddit, yet such a loser IRL.

Poor Cooper. My heart tells me both his parents are worthless. :(

Do you remember which article it was? I looked and can't find it.

“Cobb County is making a big mistake,” said Roger Webb, the Harris’ real estate agent, who has known the family for two years. “He’s a very good guy. He wanted what’s best for his family.”

and

“Everything was going right for this couple,” said Joe Saini, who rents the family their condo on Wynnes Ridge Circle in Marietta. He said the family was actively shopping for a house.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/20/ga-man-charged-murder/

Did Ross have an one-the-side job as a web developer somewhere? How the **** could he be looking for a house?

Honestly, it may have simply had to do with Ross being an obnoxious braggart. Maybe his bro loves him, but couldn't stomach a vacation with him. Also, it occurs to me that there may have been a "mooch" angle. Perhaps big bro had already experienced getting "hit up" for cash when Mr. Wonderful was "a little short".

I agree with your mooch angle. We all know someone like that, right? I know I sure do and I'm very familiar to every ploy used, having been taken advantage of several times by various ploys.

There's the :

I forgot my wallet.

Can I borrow ...never get paid back.

You get it this time, I'll get it next. Next never comes.

All I have is a $100 and don't want to break it. WTH? So ya just brought it along to a little ride?

The disappearing act to the bathroom when the bill comes and everyone wants/has to leave. followed by the "completely forgot"

Or the lets just split the bill & make it easier on the waitress, proceeds to order most expensive stuff on the menu, a to go order, several drinks..(I don't drink)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't find the short period of time between getting the the car with Cooper and forgetting that Cooper was in the car implausible. The length of time is not the only factor in forgetting: every time you forget something there is a moment when you remember and a moment later when you don't. I have walked from my living room to my kitchen to get something and in that time - maybe 2 or 3 seconds - completely forgotten what I went into the kitchen for.

That is reinforced for me by his interest in sexting. I can see his mind shifting from "had a nice breakfast with my boy" to "oh boy, nearly time for sexting." A terrible thing, but I don't think it would have to be deliberate.

What had convinced me he was guilty was that I believed the car would smell terrible by lunchtime and certainly by the time he got in and drove off at the end of the day. But reading about other situations where there was apparently not much noticeable smell has changed my mind about that. Perhaps it didn't smell as badly as I imagined it would, or at all.

I started out quite convinced that RH had deliberately killed his son. Now I am not so sure.

Tink

I started where you landed and landed where you started :)

At first thought he may have forgotten and then upon remembering sometime that morning rather than run out to his car rolled into CYA, how can I best work this to my advantage and not end up with a damage child.

After the sexting came out I considered that his distraction about that situation made him negligent and forget his son.

But the mound of circumstantial evidence now has me pretty well convinced RH did this with purpose.

Did Ross have an one-the-side job as a web developer somewhere? How the **** could he be looking for a house?

He and his texting, movie going, co workers started their own company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooper's grandfather said nobody loved and worshiped the child as much as his father. He said Cooper's father called him "his handsome little devil."

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/cobb-county-father-makes-jailhouse-call-sons-funer/ngWGM/

:floorlaugh:

Yuck. Sorry, I know it's easy to dislike this *person* based on what he is charged with, but I have known people like him and they make me very uncomfortable and it is hard to be nice or even civil to someone who is so smarmy and obnoxious. He is such a know-it-all on Reddit, yet such a loser IRL.

Poor Cooper. My heart tells me both his parents are worthless. :(

I wasn't calling you out at all :loveyou:

I was poking fun at what RH's father said at Coopers funeral :notgood:

“Cobb County is making a big mistake,” said Roger Webb, the Harris’ real estate agent, who has known the family for two years. “He’s a very good guy. He wanted what’s best for his family.”

and

“Everything was going right for this couple,” said Joe Saini, who rents the family their condo on Wynnes Ridge Circle in Marietta. He said the family was actively shopping for a house.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/20/ga-man-charged-murder/

Roger Webb has been their real estate agent for two years? That seems to be an awfully long time to be looking for a house. Thanks for the link.

Roger Webb has been their real estate agent for two years? That seems to be an awfully long time to be looking for a house. Thanks for the link.

Especially for a couple with no money (downpayment and closing costs) and debts.

Some real estate agents work with rentals as well. Rent to own etc.
Not that the place they lived was on the market but the ones in for sale in that same complex go for about $70,000
Several years ago they.sold for twice that.
moo

TO OWN
http://m.realtor.com/#intercept?vie...ts?loc=Wynnes+Ridge+Circle+SE%2CMarietta%2CGA
TO RENT
http://m.coldwellbankeratlanta.com/...1315-Wynnes-Ridge-Circle-SE-Marietta-GA-30067

it wasn't off the ground yet but I wonder what monies had been invested thus far and who put them up? It sounded as if it was not off the ground yet. But were there startup costs already expended and who put up the funds?

I don't find the short period of time between getting the the car with Cooper and forgetting that Cooper was in the car implausible. The length of time is not the only factor in forgetting: every time you forget something there is a moment when you remember and a moment later when you don't. I have walked from my living room to my kitchen to get something and in that time - maybe 2 or 3 seconds - completely forgotten what I went into the kitchen for.

That is reinforced for me by his interest in sexting. I can see his mind shifting from "had a nice breakfast with my boy" to "oh boy, nearly time for sexting." A terrible thing, but I don't think it would have to be deliberate.

What had convinced me he was guilty was that I believed the car would smell terrible by lunchtime and certainly by the time he got in and drove off at the end of the day. But reading about other situations where there was apparently not much noticeable smell has changed my mind about that. Perhaps it didn't smell as badly as I imagined it would, or at all.

I started out quite convinced that RH had deliberately killed his son. Now I am not so sure.

Tink

Tink, I thought about that too but I really believe each case is different due to certain factors such as the temperature, direct sunlight, enclosed area, no air flow, etc. From my own experience, the odor of decomp. picks up in concentration from the onset of death, even in an air conditioned room within a couple of hours so I would guess at this point, the witnesses to this odor are spot on but we won't know until and if there is a trial.

Where does it say they were looking for a house for two years? It says he had known them for two years.

Especially for a couple with no money (downpayment and closing costs) and debts.

Yes. You would think the real estate agent would tell them to take a hike and stop wasting his time. Two years?

Yes. You would think the real estate agent would tell them to take a hike and stop wasting his time. Two years?

Nowhere in the article does it say they were looking for a house for two years.

Where does it say they were looking for a house for two years? It says he had known them for two years.
I guess your right. Maybe they have known him as a friend for two years and only used him as their real estate agent very recently. Thanks.

The real estate agent had no way of knowing that. All he could go on was their word.

The real estate agent had no way of knowing that. All he could go on was their word.
Obviously they didn't go get pre-approved, or their real estate agent would have known there's no way they could qualify. They won't take somebody's word that they're getting the promotion or new job, for the very reasons here that they didn't happen!

There is a pic of Cooper at 24 days old on the Justice for Cooper Facebook page, such a cutie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina