Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem with RH is that I was a LE dispatcher (Communications Officer) for my agency 13 years. I have not yet been vetted (I will take care of that), so please take what I have to say with a largish grain of salt. The thing that struck me most was RH running around like a chicken with his head cut-off with his son laying on the ground. One of the first things you learn--one of the most important things you learn as a dispatcher, is to take that first rush of adrenaline and push it down. It's the only way you can handle an emergency--you have a green troop in his/her first pursuit? The only thing keeping him/her grounded is you remaining calm. Your voice is their lifeline. Side story: I spent 2 months living with my Dad during his last illness. I had to call 911 several times to get aid to him, ASAP. Every time, the first thing the firefighters said coming through the door was, "Our dispatch wanted to say, "Thank you." You were so clear about what you needed and your location." Same when my husband had had surgery, was back home and I needed (twice, this time) to call for an aid car. You flaming know what the aid folks need and you dang well give it to them, clearly and concisely. Your officer was involved in a critical injury accident and you're worried sick? Tough luck, cupcake, there's a boatload of other officers that need you now. You can freak out later, you can have your tears/breakdown/whatever later. You get the job done now. That, to me, is the most hinky point of all this, aside from the Internet searches on children dying in over-heated vehicles. You do what you need to do at the time and the emotion comes later. YMMV, MOO and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024