So sad: Man, 70 puts ad in paper, just wants a friend

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LP Moderator said:
If this guy wants the Web TV, I think we can get a fund going to pay for the monthly fees for him. Please let us know what he thinks about it and how much it will cost. I'll pay for the first few months and we'll take it from there.

Hi LP.
Dennis has written to me and says he'd love to join us here! I have the webtv all boxed and ready to go.
I do think the monthly fee may be a problem for him.
Is the offer still on the table to help him out with this?

Rainie

Rainie said:
Hi LP.
Dennis has written to me and says he'd love to join us here! I have the webtv all boxed and ready to go.
I do think the monthly fee may be a problem for him.
Is the offer still on the table to help him out with this?

Rainie

Go read post #72 (LPMOderator) in this thread.)

Alpharee you contaminated me on this thread, i have the crud too. But I forgive you cuz you're taking care of our guy.

I know I read here he has an old tv but it still works. Shoot you can get a nice new big tv for under $100. Circuit City (if you have those there) had a 20" one advertized this past weekend for less than $100. I'm happy to either buy him a new tv Iif someone can go get it to him) or pay for some of his web access in the same amoiunt, whatever he would prefer... So far I only have written and sent stamps and I will do more depending on his needs.

Alpharee, I'm on for getting pms now--If you could send me his address when you get a chance--thanks muchly!

You are a sweetheart to take the time to this, if I haven't said so, and you haven't been told it enough already.

Take care of yourself, and I hope you are feeling better soon...maybe a little antibiotic at this point if you aren't feeling better soon! :doh: :blowkiss:

Newswolf said:
Alpharee you contaminated me on this thread, i have the crud too. But I forgive you cuz you're taking care of our guy.

I know I read here he has an old tv but it still works. Shoot you can get a nice new big tv for under $100. Circuit City (if you have those there) had a 20" one advertized this past weekend for less than $100. I'm happy to either buy him a new tv Iif someone can go get it to him) or pay for some of his web access in the same amoiunt, whatever he would prefer... So far I only have written and sent stamps and I will do more depending on his needs.

Hope you are feeling better soon also... :blowkiss:

I got a letter from Mr Sprouse yesterday! He sounds like such a nice man.

Marie, I hope you are feeling better!

Texana, I have sent you Dennis' addy in your PM.

That's so kewl you heard back from him, piper1. So glad to see you posting. God bless you. He really is a sweetheart.

I tried calling again, and could not get through.
I will keep on trying till I get in touch with him, again.

Healing prayers for alpharee.

Blessings to all, and thanks for adopting Dennis.
With love and hope, Lanie
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

I haven't really been to this forum, but I popped in today and when I read about Dennis, I just had to get involved, I am from Cleveland, which can't be very far from Sheffield, if I am correct thats his PO BOX, is that where he lives too?

My hubby is currently a Naval Reservist, and will be entering active duty in July. I am SURE he would love to get together with Dennis, (lol if he can fit us into his now packed schedule! :D ) and talk about "those days" as he often does with veteran customers at his job as a teller at the bank.

Alpharee or Lanie, could you pm me any info on how to contact Dennis? We also have a spunky 17 month old, she is a joy and she just loves to entertain people, I read Dennis had no children or granchildren, I don't know how fond he might be of kids, but mine sure has a knack for lighting up peoples lives. She sure does mine. ;)

Anyways, like I said, we're a military family and we're near him, I'd love to have a visit... there are so many lonely elderly people, it breaks my heart, especially when they spent a part of thier life fighting for the freedom I enjoy today.

Thanks,
Veronica

I am still sick but I called Dennis and spoke to him, I told him as soon as I'm well I will be over there to visit.
Rainie, he does want the web tv so if you send it let me know so I can schedule a visit over there to hook it up for him.

Newswolf, he has a small tv and a big tv, both are old but they will work for webtv if we get that video part. I think it's about $20. Once I go over to his house I'll look at his tv's and see if that's what will work. By what Dennis told me he only needs that video part.

babylove,
I told Dennis about you and he was very excited. He said he LOVES babies and would love to play "grandpa" :D

To everyone who has sent cards, etc Dennis says Thank You and God Bless.
He said some did not put their return address on their cards and he can't write back so he said to thank you all for the cards, books, magazines. He said he feels good to know people care.

Newswolf said:

Awww....thanks for forgiving me Newswolf :D
Although maybe it was a computer virus that sent this crud?:D
I do have a circuit city here, but actually Dennis said he has 2 tv's, a small one and a large one. I think all we need is a video output part which is around $20.00. As soon as I'm well, I'll go over and see if that part will work. Alot cheaper than a new tv :) Thanks for your suggestion, it was very nice of you.

Alpharee, I'm better, hope you are soon. :blowkiss: Ok, if he doesn't need a tv, I will send him money for the Webtv. I'm one of those who wrote him without a return address because I didn't want him to feel obligated to write back, just wanted him to know people care.

Babylove, your offer is wonderful! I bet your toddler would have Dennis laughing in no time...and I'm sure he'd love talking with you all.

I hope there's someone with a van who can take him out for a ride or church or dinner or something, must be so hard stuck in that apartment.

I just want to say that I think it is wonderful and incredible at how you all are helping Dennis. I plan to write and call him this week.

It is amazing, all of your compassion, and love for someone that you don't even know. I am so proud of all of you.

I just wanted to say that, and to say Thank you...

God Bless all of you and Dennis.

Welcome CLM, I hope you do contact our guy.

Alpharee it sounds like he may indeed have some short-term memory loss. Poor baby.

Newswolf said:
Welcome CLM, I hope you do contact our guy.

Alpharee it sounds like he may indeed have some short-term memory loss. Poor baby.
Yes I believe he does. He called me yesterday and I ask him if he enjoyed his talk with Lanie the girl in Germany and he said he hasn't talked to her in a long time that she's only called once. And she just said she had a long nice talk with him the day before. (this would be her 2nd or 3rd call) So I do think he has a short-term memory loss problem :(

Alpharee, I am sorry I didn't get back to you until today... I sent an email to you, its all in there. :eek:

I'm am so looking forward to meeting you and going to visit Dennis, he just sounds so darn sweet. :angel: My daughter is a real handful (lol what 17 month old isn't?) but I know she'll love Dennis, she is such a little flirt. Grandpas are her favorite people... maybe because she has two that spoil her way too much! She says the word grandpa, although it comes out more like BEPA!! lol It will be really nice though, seeing as how Dennis never had children, or granchildren in his life. I really hope we can brighten up his day very soon! :D

Just wanting to let everyone know that I have a few friends that are sad to hear how lonely Dennis is, yet are excited to be able to write to him.

Mail is coming Dennis' way!

With loving prayers,
Findlorne :angel:

I sent Dennis a card two weeks ago and received a reply from him on Friday. I'd waited to send anything because I thought he'd be buried under piles of mail but he says that's not the case and that he is still very lonely. In fact, he made it sound as if he still hadn't had much contact with others. I related that I'd read about him on the interent and he was surprised. I'd of thought he'd know his story is out here. Anyway, I'll send him a Easter card next week with a book of stamps.

Today I received a long handwritten letter from "Dennis". I had sent him a short note in response to this thread. His reply--- "I was given your name and address by a mutual friend who made me promise I wouldn't tell who. ...
I am a white 47 year old male, not married or involved with anyone right now."
He got my name and address from a card I sent. I was told he was a 70 year old, lonely little old man!!!!!!!! What's going on here?????????????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back