Software designer says Casey Anthony prosecution data was wrong

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO___18 pages of comments about prosecution misconduct, withholding evidence from the DT.....reversals, mistrial, early retirement, resignations, head's will roll, yada.....yada.....yada.....

THINK we should of given the STATE a chance to respond!!!!! WTH is happening here. :waitasec:

Yes, instead of noting how appalling Cheney was in his response, how he lied once again to make the State look bad.

Yes, instead of noting how appalling Cheney was in his response, how he lied once again to make the State look bad.

Cheney has been less than truthful before, why should this time have been any different?

I was unable to watch this, but did HLN get to the bottom of this?

A new shocker in the Casey Anthony case! Did a key witness for the prosecution make a huge mistake on the stand? He’s now saying “chloroform” was only searched on the home computer ONE time – not 84. Did prosecutors know they got it all wrong and fail to correct it during the trial? We’ll investigate tonight, starting at 7pET/4pPT!
http://www.facebook.com/JaneVelezMitchellHLN?sk=wall

Did you read the original message I was replying to... Prosecutors are held to a higher standard as they are the ones who bring charges against people, defense lawyers cannot bring charges and have someone put to death.

Defense lawyers can cause a guilty person who killed her daughter go free.

Defense lawyers shouldn't be able to lie like Baez did in his opening statement.
I hope George sues baez's butt for the character assassination he bestowed upon GA during his opening statement....throughout the trial really.

There is something terribly wrong when people want a child killer free.

Originally Posted by grammieto5
According to the Supreme Court, "while prosecutors may strike hard blows, a prosecutor in not at liberty to strike foul ones". How sad Defense attorneys are not held to high standards like the prosecutors, in fact the Defense is held to no standards. I still say CM did this to get the media and the public focused on something else while FCA is moved.
Defense lawyers can't bring charges against people like prosecutors do, as such they are held to a higher standard.

I would think that refraining from striking "foul blows" pertains equally to the State and the defence. Otherwise, wouldn't it say, the prosecution has to be scrupulous and above board but the defence can strike the foulest of blows at it sees fit. Where are the standards for the defence? Is a scorched earth policy justified according to your explanation?

ICA seems to have rubbed off on him. He can't keep track of the truth anymore either.

I continue to wonder about the info put out on him when he first joined the case. Several people talked about what a long distinguished career he's had and how valuable his knowledge would be. He was described as a southern gentleman. I've seen none of that, in fact, he appears to continually stoop even lower than JB.

Then why are they acting like this is a big breaking news story? Just mad at the media now. :razz:

Well, guess we should realize by now that media isn't really journalism anymore, just entertainment. Seems like no media outfit (including NYT) fact checks anymore, just goes with whatever anyone tells them....Shame on the media for this...it's just like JB's opening statement...once you ring that bell, yadda, yadda, yadda. What MSM do we believe anymore? Sad really. :(

Thanks--but, Why are they still saying this, if the State did not err?:waitasec:

It's so much more sensational to say the State obscured the truth. JVM may have cleared it up after I tuned out. LKB was on first.

Well, guess we should realize by now that media isn't really journalism anymore, just entertainment. Seems like no media outfit (including NYT) fact checks anymore, just goes with whatever anyone tells them....Shame on the media for this...it's just like JB's opening statement...once you ring that bell, yadda, yadda, yadda. What MSM do we believe anymore? Sad really. :(

And NYT will print a retraction, just small enough that most skip over it.

I would think that refraining from striking "foul blows" pertains equally to the State and the defence. Otherwise, wouldn't it say, the prosecution has to be scrupulous and above board but the defence can strike the foulest of blows at it sees fit. Where are the standards for the defence? Is a scorched earth policy justified according to your explanation?
Since prosecutors are backed by the power of the state, they are usually subject to special professional responsibility rules in addition to those binding all lawyers. Scorched earth policy has nothing to do with this. IMO

No...this is why prosecutors are held to higher standard, I believe that's what I said.

I understand what you said and why prosecutors have higher standards, but my question was: so is this why the defense can lie, and destroy innocent people, and doesn't have any standards?

Well, I am seeing things all over the web, pieces posted, and all of them referring back to the one NY Times piece, and posters saying "these prosecutors must be tried for this misconduct" etc., and I am getting tired of not being able to trust mainstream news anymore. If they are sinking to the level of tabloids, where DOES one get the news???

Thanks--but, Why are they still saying this, if the State did not err?:waitasec:

Meet LKB, the ultimate liar and perverter of justice. Also a defence shill who bailed on the defence because there was nothing in it for her but is still in the defence's pocket spreading lies and misinformation .

I understand what you said and why prosecutors have higher standards, but my question was: so is this why the defense can lie, and destroy innocent people, and doesn't have any standards?
The Defense ought to have standards , too, of course. But the prosecution legally bears the burden of proof, and must adhere to the higher ethical standard, as they represent the State and the people, not just one defendant.

No, I believe all lawyer should have standards, but we know from history that is not case, including this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi