some questions...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Goody said:
He obviously is feeling bad about the DP. I think he is just an easily influenced individual. I agree that the jury should have seen both tapes, but I don't think it would have changed anyone's mind. The evidence was not in either video tape. It was in the blood and fiber evidence, crime scene detail, and Darlie's story.
Good point Goody--the silly string fiasco is not what convicted her, it only added to the conviction

CyberLaw said:
If I recall correctly, the media will not pay "for a story" to appear on a newscast, it is news and the person is either newsworthy(like a criminal) or says: I don't want my face shown on TV(they are not consenting) or says: Hey, no problem, or the news media is there by invitation(consent)

The media paid in this case. The Routiers could not afford to put out of town relatives in hotels and the media paid for those expenses.

Goody said:
The civil suit had to do with privacy issues and the police's violation of it with the wiretapping, but it was ruled that the family had no expectation of privacy in the cemetery. Don't you remember how Jeff went nuts insisting all those judges were wrong????? LOL!
[/color]

Thanks Goody!!! I do remember that.

So Darlie phones up the media and says" I am having a party for my boys at the grave site and if you want to come and film it you will have to pay for all of my out of town relatives, food, gas, travel, hotel so you can come and give me all of this attention.......if you don't pay then don't come, after all I am the grieving mother of two murdered boys, and I am having a "silly string" party for them......

O.K., maybe only in Texas........

But I have never, ever, heard of anyone being paid to promote themselves or their causes or whatever on a nightly news cast.

Syndicated news shows, or rating inspired(like Jay Leno) but not on a news cast where it is in your benefit and interest to appear on the news.

Heck, even celebrities who appear on Jay Leno are only paid according to scale because it promotes them........
But then again, Texas is a "bit different" when it comes to doing things.......

CyberLaw said:
So Darlie phones up the media and says" I am having a party for my boys at the grave site and if you want to come and film it you will have to pay for all of my out of town relatives, food, gas, travel, hotel so you can come and give me all of this attention.......if you don't pay then don't come, after all I am the grieving mother of two murdered boys, and I am having a "silly string" party for them......

But I have never, ever, heard of anyone being paid to promote themselves or their causes or whatever on a nightly news cast.

Syndicated news shows, or rating inspired(like Jay Leno) but not on a news cast where it is in your benefit and interest to appear on the news.

Heck, even celebrities who appear on Jay Leno are only paid according to scale because it promotes them........

I wasn't privy to the conversation, but regardless of how it happened, it happened. It was never disputed by Darlie's camp.

CyberLaw said:

Absolutely a news station would pay for exclusive rights to a story like that. I am sure there were network execs ready to cash in portions of their 401K for the right to cover that private memorial service exclusively. News is news, and all the networks have access to local, national, world, etc. So how do you get people to watch YOUR news, as opposed to channel 4, 11, 9, 13 whatever? You have to have EXCLUSIVE investigations, you show stories that can't be seen on other networks. It is all about R-A-T-I-N-G-S (which equals $$$$$$)! You can bet that with a case like that, it was every producers dream to be presented with such a golden opportunity. People were captivated by the story, and now some lucky station had the right to say, "See here, and only here, te Routier Memorial Service, film at 11." That would get viewers turning in by the busload. And I am more than 100% sure that Darlie's camp shopped it around to SEVERAL local media outlets, and sold to the highest bidder. I am sure it was not Darlie Junior that made the call, maybe it was Darlie Kee, I don't know. But someone from her camp shopped the story, and wh*red their story out...
OOPS, of course it is JMO, but it's pretty accurate :blushing: ...

And trust me when I say that that footage was shown over and over and over in the Dallas market. It will forever be imbedded in my memory. She had on the shortest shorts, and she chomped on that piece of gum like someone had told her it was her last piece in this lifetime. And she pranced and she preened and she made a total spectacle of herself. Obviously, if she'd had any sense, she would have known that everything she did, said and wore that day were totally 100% inappropriate. But, she was a fool and thought she could manipulate anyone and everyone. But she was WRONG! Traumatic amnesia my azz!!! Just aim a TV camera in her direction and watch her come alive!

HeartofTexas said:
And trust me when I say that that footage was shown over and over and over in the Dallas market. It will forever be imbedded in my memory. She had on the shortest shorts, and she chomped on that piece of gum like someone had told her it was her last piece in this lifetime. And she pranced and she preened and she made a total spectacle of herself. Obviously, if she'd had any sense, she would have known that everything she did, said and wore that day were totally 100% inappropriate. But, she was a fool and thought she could manipulate anyone and everyone. But she was WRONG! Traumatic amnesia my azz!!! Just aim a TV camera in her direction and watch her come alive!
And I am sure that the network who aired the footage saw at least a temporary increase in their ratings!
Incidentally, is there video of this anywhere on the net? I would LOVE to see it.

I would like to see it as well... like i said i never followed the case, and am interested to get as much info as i can. Thanks!

HeartofTexas said:
I was living in the Houston area when all this happened. I saw it a million times myself! The first time I witnessed the footage...I thought...WTH!?!!? I will never forget her leaning over to the side spraying that silly string over the graves. She was even smiling. I am like the other posters who have stated they wouldn't be able to function! I would have been in the hospital in a straight jacket. I would have already lost my mind. Now, I am not saying she is guilty because of the film. I am just stating that it was a "sight for sore eyes," as my Grandmother used to say. I am still believing that the loser she was married to belongs right there along side of her. :mad:

deandaniellws said:
I was living in the Houston area when all this happened. I saw it a million times myself! The first time I witnessed the footage...I thought...WTH!?!!? I will never forget her leaning over to the side spraying that silly string over the graves. She was even smiling. I am like the other posters who have stated they wouldn't be able to function! I would have been in the hospital in a straight jacket. I would have already lost my mind. Now, I am not saying she is guilty because of the film. I am just stating that it was a "sight for sore eyes," as my Grandmother used to say. I am still believing that the loser she was married to belongs right there along side of her. :mad:

The Darlies would like everyone on the planet to believe that the video, on its own merit, is what convicted her. I think that video is responsible for planting a seed of suspicion. What fertiziled that seed and made it grow into the unquestioning unwaivering GUILTY opinions was the big bunch of bullchit they expected the public to believe. They seem to think that we're gullable enough to believe the long list of extraordinary events and lucky breaks the "intruder(s)" would have had to experience in order for it to even be possible that someone else committed the murders. Then, once you're starting to process all of that, we see Darlie and Darin on the witness stand and BAM!!!! -- SLAM DUNK for the prosecution. The lie upon lie upon lie from the both of them pretty much made it impossible for the jury to believe anything they and her counsel said.

Say what you will about the American justice/jury system, but believe me when I tell you that juries DO NOT like being lied to.

Mama-cita said:
And I am sure that the network who aired the footage saw at least a temporary increase in their ratings!
Incidentally, is there video of this anywhere on the net? I would LOVE to see it.

If you go to www.justicefordarlie.net and click on the Media button there is a whole lot of videos you can watch on various programs who have covered the story. A few of them include the silly string video but I can't remember which ones. Probably not the Leeza show.

The silly string video was definitely an eye-popping experience, but nothing really did her in like her own stupid testimony on the witness stand. She was sooo defensive when she did answer, plus she lied every opportunity she thought she could get by with it, and on top of that she said she really couldn't remember so many times that it brought even more suspicion on her actions and words. She was her own worst enemy. Of course, to hear the Darlies tell the story now, she is just a big ol' victim. But she's the one who put herself where she is. All of her actions following the night of the murders was like one big game to her and in her mind she thought she was winning the game. That was mistake #1. I also have a feeling someone (Darin??????) told her they would never put her away... not a sweet, loving mother like her. And she believed him. That was mistake #2. Of course, the real mistake was murdering her children in the first place.

HeartofTexas said:
The silly string video was definitely an eye-popping experience, but nothing really did her in like her own stupid testimony on the witness stand. She was sooo defensive when she did answer, plus she lied every opportunity she thought she could get by with it, and on top of that she said she really couldn't remember so many times that it brought even more suspicion on her actions and words. She was her own worst enemy. Of course, to hear the Darlies tell the story now, she is just a big ol' victim. But she's the one who put herself where she is. All of her actions following the night of the murders was like one big game to her and in her mind she thought she was winning the game. That was mistake #1. I also have a feeling someone (Darin??????) told her they would never put her away... not a sweet, loving mother like her. And she believed him. That was mistake #2. Of course, the real mistake was murdering her children in the first place.
this is exactly what i said a few posts back, agreeing with goody- the silly string escapade didnt convict her- it only added to the rest of the evidence...her very own being the most damning---:cool:

armywife210 said:
I stand on the side of innocence in this case, and I wonder exactly what you mean by this question. He was on the jury and he is being honest and forthcoming.

If he is being honest (which I suspect he is) he has a shoddy memory because those photos he claimed were not shown were shown. You can see in the transcripts which photos were admitted into evidence and shown to the jury right up close to their faces and there are PLENTY of photos of Darlie's bruised arms.

Unfortunately he is being manipulated by the Darlie camp (or at least certain Darlie supporters) and no doubt feels an enormous amount of guilt for a decision they have convinced him was wrong. The reality is that it is all there in the transcripts.

armywife210 said:
I stand on the side of innocence in this case, and I wonder exactly what you mean by this question. He was on the jury and he is being honest and forthcoming.

The juror bases his new opinion on the fact that he claims to have not seen photos of Darlie's bruises. These are photographs that WERE entered into evidence and even her own attorney says that they were indeed shown to the jury. I have no idea how he missed the photographs or just has a bad memory, but he's basing his claims on faulty information.

snip
Jeana (DP) said:
The Darlies would like everyone on the planet to believe that the video, on its own merit, is what convicted her.
I SO agree. Too many people think the jury was biased because of the tape. The jury admits that the video tape intrigued them, but Darlie's performance on the stand, the lack of evidence of an intruder, and that 911 call, convicted her.

What really is guilt? If Darren did it, while she watched, she is guilty. If Darren hired someone to murder his children, and Darlie knew about it, she is guilty. If Darlie did it, she is guilty.

Sometimes I think I hold on to this case because I don't want to believe that she could allow that to happen to her children. But be it her hand or another's, she has much more to tell, I think.

Until any more truth comes out, I guess the Darlie camp will continue to blame the silly string...<sigh>

Love and light,
Cassata

AlwaysHope said:
I followed the Peterson case, but i didn't really know about this one until i came to the board... I have read alot about this in here, but do have some thoughts and questions.

I guess i don't know why everyone thinks she is guilty. i have read some pretty good articles, and it could be just the way they are written, but she sounds innocent.

A few people say she is gulity because of how she grieved... But, i guess there isn't a wrong or right way to grieve. I just can't believe a mother could do that to her child... I don't know...

I am having a real hard time with this..

If anyone could help me understand this case more... i'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
Always

I believe Darlie to be guilty of these horrendous murders. I base my belief on my understanding of the blood evidence in this case. Blood does not lie, it has no stake in the race, it is what it is, it doesn't care who's guilty or innocent. If you've read through these threads, you will see that we do not base our belief in Darlie's guilt on her lack of grieving.

Dani_T said:
If he is being honest (which I suspect he is) he has a shoddy memory because those photos he claimed were not shown were shown. You can see in the transcripts which photos were admitted into evidence and shown to the jury right up close to their faces and there are PLENTY of photos of Darlie's bruised arms.

Unfortunately he is being manipulated by the Darlie camp (or at least certain Darlie supporters) and no doubt feels an enormous amount of guilt for a decision they have convinced him was wrong. The reality is that it is all there in the transcripts.

Nor does Mr. Samford know how to interpret those photos anyway. He has her throwing her arms up in front of her face to ward off the blows that caused the bruises. Not possible. I totally agree that Mr. Samford was manipulated by the Darlie camp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back