some questions...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode on JFD website? It mentions crimes in the area going on at the same time the boy's were murdered.
They say that a rapist was going into unlocked houses, threatening women with a knife from their home and wearing a tube sock over his hand. The rapist was caught but never compared to the Routier case

The Don Davis book seemed more sympathetic to Darlie, but I think he knows she is guilty.

Don Davis spoke to the family only, Darin mostly, that's why his book is sympathetic to Darlie. He never interviewed the prosecution or the lead detectives.

I too believe he believes her guilty although he won't commit. He thinks her trial was unfair doesn't he?

Crimson Sky said:
Has anyone watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode on JFD website? It mentions crimes in the area going on at the same time the boy's were murdered.
They say that a rapist was going into unlocked houses, threatening women with a knife from their home and wearing a tube sock over his hand. The rapist was caught but never compared to the Routier case

There was no rape committed in the Routier home so there wouldn't be anything to compare to this rapist. Darlie's dna was in the toe of the sock found with the boys blood on it. A rapist would probably have used the two boys to control Darlie, not just automatically murder them as they lay there on the floor asleep. A rapist couldn't have known Darlie was sleeping downstairs apart from her husband. He would neutralize the biggest threat first--Darin, not two sleeping boys. This crime was murder not rape. And on and on and on.

cami said:
There was no rape committed in the Routier home so there wouldn't be anything to compare to this rapist. Darlie's dna was in the toe of the sock found with the boys blood on it. A rapist would probably have used the two boys to control Darlie, not just automatically murder them as they lay there on the floor asleep. A rapist couldn't have known Darlie was sleeping downstairs apart from her husband. He would neutralize the biggest threat first--Darin, not two sleeping boys. This crime was murder not rape. And on and on and on.

I understand there was no rape but, if a rapist was in the area wandering around looking in windows sees Darlie on the couch, enters the house, grabs a knife out of the kitchen, goes in the room and one of the boys wakes up. I think that was the point of the show bringing that up, that maybe it was an itended rape gone wrong.

Crimson Sky said:
I understand there was no rape but, if a rapist was in the area wandering around looking in windows sees Darlie on the couch, enters the house, grabs a knife out of the kitchen, goes in the room and one of the boys wakes up. I think that was the point of the show bringing that up, that maybe it was an itended rape gone wrong.

I was living pretty close to their house during the time of the murders and I never heard about any rapist. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but there was no big fear about some serial rapist in the area. IF it happened, it didn't happen too many times. The sock found with the boys' blood and Darlie's DNA came from their own home. If this so-called rapist had entered their home, I would think that he would have brought his own sock with him and wouldn't have relied on the Routiers just so happening to have a pile of laundry nearly (he most likely would have brought his own knife too, thereby making it completely unnecessary to use Darlie's own knife to rape her). Moreover, the only view anyone would have had of Darlie on the sofa would have been from the backyard. Since the gate on the fence in the backyard was broken, the guy would have had to have scaled the fence. There was no evidence whatsoever that anyone had done that. More importantly, I'm not sure why someone would scale the fence of someone's backyard just so they could peek into a window that they had no idea would even give them a few of the inside of the home when there would have been absolutely no way to know beforehand that (a) anyone was sleeping on the couch; or (b) that one of the window blinds was bend backward giving the person a tiny glimpse of the inside of the home. And, most people know that in a two-story house, most of the bedrooms would be on the second story. Unless someone knew that the woman of the house would be sleeping on the sofa, they'd have to be one pretty lucky rapist to just happen upon a house where the woman was sleeping. Lastly, if this was a rapist, the moment that he saw two little boys sleeping on the floor, I would think the instinct would be to get the hell out of there as fast as possible -- NOT to murder the boys and then rape the mother. AND let's not forget that there wasn't one thing that could be found to indicate that anyone besides the family had been in the home that evening.

cami said:
Here's a link to the Media gallery at the jfd site. It's listed as America Justice but it is AJ from Aande hosted by Bill Kurtis. The 48 Hours program is a good one too, it brings out a lot of the blood evidence against her.

After checking that link out... WOW! I think she may have done it... I just can't believe it.. I think i am going to read the books out about this case...

Always

Jeana (DP) said:
I was living pretty close to their house during the time of the murders and I never heard about any rapist. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but there was no big fear about some serial rapist in the area. IF it happened, it didn't happen too many times. The sock found with the boys' blood and Darlie's DNA came from their own home. If this so-called rapist had entered their home, I would think that he would have brought his own sock with him and wouldn't have relied on the Routiers just so happening to have a pile of laundry nearly (he most likely would have brought his own knife too, thereby making it completely unnecessary to use Darlie's own knife to rape her). Moreover, the only view anyone would have had of Darlie on the sofa would have been from the backyard. Since the gate on the fence in the backyard was broken, the guy would have had to have scaled the fence. There was no evidence whatsoever that anyone had done that. More importantly, I'm not sure why someone would scale the fence of someone's backyard just so they could peek into a window that they had no idea would even give them a few of the inside of the home when there would have been absolutely no way to know beforehand that (a) anyone was sleeping on the couch; or (b) that one of the window blinds was bend backward giving the person a tiny glimpse of the inside of the home. And, most people know that in a two-story house, most of the bedrooms would be on the second story. Unless someone knew that the woman of the house would be sleeping on the sofa, they'd have to be one pretty lucky rapist to just happen upon a house where the woman was sleeping. Lastly, if this was a rapist, the moment that he saw two little boys sleeping on the floor, I would think the instinct would be to get the hell out of there as fast as possible -- NOT to murder the boys and then rape the mother. AND let's not forget that there wasn't one thing that could be found to indicate that anyone besides the family had been in the home that evening.
Thanx for the info. I was just confused by watching that on unsolved mysteries because I had never heard that info before. They do say that the rapist used knives from his victims homes to assault them.
I am new here and am still on the fence about guilt or innocence. There just so many opinions, stories and speculation by the media, authors, and sleuthers that it's hard to sort out.

Mama-cita said:
Is that Media TRied Justice Denied? I would like to read it to. If anyone wants to share I will gladly pay shipping and promptly return it to you! PM me if interested...

Trust me, you don't want to read his book at all. It is simply not worth it. All he does is get a stack of media articles and interject when he doesn't like what they are saying. His comments are written in red ink. It is chock full of spelling and grammar mistakes and incredible juvenile. It's not worth the read. The only point in owning the book (and I am glad I do) is that it has the crime scene photos which are VERY helpful when researching this case.

My tip is to keep checking on ebay for Media Tried Justice Denied because that's pretty much the only place you'll get your hands on one now.

Crimson Sky said:
Thanx for the info. I was just confused by watching that on unsolved mysteries because I had never heard that info before. They do say that the rapist used knives from his victims homes to assault them.
I am new here and am still on the fence about guilt or innocence. There just so many opinions, stories and speculation by the media, authors, and sleuthers that it's hard to sort out.

You're in the right place then!!! LOL No question is a dumb question, so please feel free to jump in with both feet.

Oh, and unless that rapist was ever caught, I'd not hesitate one bit saying its mostly made up information from the Darlie's and their campfire girls.

Jeana is right. Lots of us have been here from day one, right here in Dallas. A few of us know the Darlie crew, the Darlie Lovers, the cops, etc.

Lots of info here. Glad to see ya.
Cindy/ Dasgal/ JonGalt

beesy said:
Babs' book Precious Angels is very much against Darlie. She insults Darlie's character to the point where I wonder if she's not jealous of Darlie's looks. After hooking up with Chris Brown(Media Tried, Justice Denied), she was somehow conviced Darlie was innocent. On the the Leeza Show, she's already become a Darlie.
And yes, I love the juror. I think she's wrong about how how Darlie received all of those bruises though. Devon probably did raise up and kick at her. There is a nick on his buttocks indicative of knife slippage. I and many others, believe that most of her bruises were self-inflicted after she was released from the hospital
How did the juror think Darlie got the bruises?

CyberLaw said:
So Darlie phones up the media and says" I am having a party for my boys at the grave site and if you want to come and film it you will have to pay for all of my out of town relatives, food, gas, travel, hotel so you can come and give me all of this attention.......if you don't pay then don't come, after all I am the grieving mother of two murdered boys, and I am having a "silly string" party for them......

O.K., maybe only in Texas........

But I have never, ever, heard of anyone being paid to promote themselves or their causes or whatever on a nightly news cast.

Syndicated news shows, or rating inspired(like Jay Leno) but not on a news cast where it is in your benefit and interest to appear on the news.

Heck, even celebrities who appear on Jay Leno are only paid according to scale because it promotes them........
But then again, Texas is a "bit different" when it comes to doing things.......
I understood that the TV station called them and made the offer if they could have the first exclusive interview. I don't believe that has ever been confirmed or denied by anyone though, so you will have to weigh it for yourself.

Mama-cita said:
She said she thought Devon kicked the out of her!
That is right. I remember now, but I think she is wrong. I just don't see him being able to do much of that given the wounds he had and the blood evidence around his body.

I don't believe she is guilty. I don't think that she is the crispiest cookie in the bag, but her intelligence level doesn't make her a murderer. I know that there are many other factors that people think point to her, but I tend to think differently.

armywife210 said:
I don't believe she is guilty. I don't think that she is the crispiest cookie in the bag, but her intelligence level doesn't make her a murderer. I know that there are many other factors that people think point to her, but I tend to think differently.

Hey armywife,

I'm just interested in seeing how, as someone who believes she is innocent,

1) explains things like the fibres on the bread knife, the 'missing' blood un the U-room from a dropped knife, the knife outline on the carpet etc

and

2) why you think she is innocent (ie. what evidence).

This is a genuine inquiry- I'm not trying to trip you up or anything.

Dani

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back