DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 1m1 minute ago
#DewaniTrial

Qwabe: can't remember whether it was left or right door. RE

Dewani can't remember whether he was thrown out the window or pushed out the door. When and if it's his turn, wipe the floor with him, Mopp. :p

Lyndon Khan ‏@LyndonKhan 2m2 minutes ago

Van Zyl asks how bruises on Anne's lower leg occurred. Qwabe says he has no idea. #sabcnews

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial

Van Zyl: doctor told us the deceased had marks on her leg. Did you see Mngeni grab her leg with force, her left leg?

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Van Zyl holds a glove, similar to the gloves Qwabe wore on the night

Qwabe: I am the only one who wore gloves. If the marks are there, that means I touched the door.

Qwabe: The only time I opened the door was when I was looking for the casing, and I found it

Ntuthuzelo Nene ‏@daniel_nene1 2m2 minutes ago

But now he is not sure if he opened the right or the left rear door. He says he could've made a mistake in his statement

Court adjourned for lunch.

VZ: I'm afraid we need to go to your affidavit, I thought you were still looking for transport...you told us Tongo called you that night, that he's driving through Gugulethu on his way to Somerset West. What did you tell him?

Qwabe: We went to Gugulethu, but turned around.

Qwabe addresses the Judge: Ma'am, I may have made a mistake but we did go to Gugulethu.

Traverso: To do what?

Qwabe's affidavit contradicts his version in his plea agreement regarding his movements on the night of the killing. RE

Qwabe: To meet with Zola.

VZ: But Zola said he passed Gugulethu to Somerset West.

VZ: so it was a lie, you told him a lie

Van Zyl goes back to gloves issue. He now holds up a yellow kitchen glove. RE

Van Zyl moves on...asks Qwabe again about request for surgical gloves.

Qwabe says he took his own yellow kitchen pair.

Van Zyl: Did you take domestic gloves for your fingerprints?

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-trial-day-3-20141009

Van Zyl: when did you put gloves on?Qwabe:just before the car stopped. Wore it for duration, removed them when running away - EWN's Rahima Essop

Van Zyl quizzing Qwabe on chronology of events on death night. Qwabe's earlier cool is folding.

Qwabe says when he finished urinating he put on the yellow gloves during the incident.
VZ: You wore them throughout?

Qwabe: Yes

VZ: Where was Mngeni searching for the casing?

Qwabe: At the back.

VZ: How did he get there?

Qwabe: He opened the door

VZ: Which side?

Qwabe: I don't recall.

VZ: Did you see the deceased?

Qwabe: Yes.

- ENCA's Leigh-Anne Jansen

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...day-3-20141009

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 1m1 minute ago
#DewaniTrial

Dewani can't remember whether he was thrown out the window or pushed out the door. When and if it's his turn, wipe the floor with him, Mopp. :p

Yes, I look forward with interest to that particular question to SD ...... so the door worked fine when Tongo was told to get out of the car ........and the door worked fine when Qwabe opened it to find the casing ( albeit Qwabe cant now remember which door it was ! ) but it wasnt possible to open a door to get SD out and he had to be pushed out of the window ?

they take frequent breaks don't they....tea ...and now lunch

It seems Shrien had to be excused from court for a bit as he had an upset stomach

Van Zyl wants to know on which side Q was looking - Q can't recall.
VZ asks where he was looking - the mats perhaps - Q can't remember.

Judge asks whether Q moved the body at all - Q says no.

VZ reads Qwabe's earlier statement, in which he says he opened the right back passenger door.

Van Zyl: when you made this statement you were sure.

Qwabe: I opened a back door, not sure left or right.

Van Zyl: doctor told us the deceased had marks on her leg. Did you see Mngeni grab her leg with force, her left leg? RE

VZ: Do you have any idea how those marks were caused.

Qwabe: No, I didn't see.

Van Zyl asks about prints on left rear door - notes 'distinct' pattern - asks Qwabe who made marks...he wore gloves.

Qwabe: I am the only one who wore gloves - if the marks are there, that means I touched the door.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-trial-day-3-20141009

<Respectfully snipped>

VZ: My client will testify that there was R10000 in that handbag. **Shrien nods** Qwabe: Well, that's his version (Haha!!)

We just can't help ourselves, am I right?

:floorlaugh:

EWN Reporter &#8207;@ewnreporter 1m1 minute ago
#DewaniTrial

Love it. :floorlaugh:

So, was all the fidgeting and inability to sit still, Dewani's message to the court that he was suffering from an upset stomach?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a hypochondriac and thinks he has Ebola. Really.

The_Citizen_Reporter @CitiReporter

#DewaniTrial Qwabe complaining of stomach cramps, Dewani apparently has same problem That's a wrap until Monday. - ^AW

VZ has apologised for making a mistake earlier, but I don't know what that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member