Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago
VZ rectifies again. The requirement is to buy 11 saris but he bought Anni 100 saris

VZ: Did you hand everything you had to police? Or did you select?

SM: I have given them my phone & they've taken as much as they could. To make it easier, I made a folder called Anni

Percy Khaya James ‏@KhayaJames 2m2 minutes ago @KayaNews.
Judge Traverso steps in, Mrs Mashru all the transcripts of the interview you had with Dewani were accurate?

SM: I think they took everything. I told them they could take anything they want?

VZ: Did you give them full access to your Electrolux & Hotmail accounts? SM: Yes, My Lady

VZ: The defence was trying to get access to an interview with BBC. What the?
BBC said the family won't give access. Are you aware?

SM: No, My Lady

VZ: Did the family complain to the BBC about a Panorama programme? SM: Yes

VZ: DO you have anything to do with the establishment of the FB Page @Justice4Anni SM: No

VZ: DO you know who created the Facebook page? SM: No, My Lady.

Cross exam ends. No re-examination

The content of the medical records re Anni will not be made available to the media, due to personal nature.

Short adjournment. Then next witness, Afrikaans - speaking, will take the stand

News24 ‏@News24 5m5 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial Anni's cousin Sneha joins her family's bench, her husband & uncle (Anni's father) sit either side with their arms around her

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago
Cornelius Jacobus Mellet takes the stand. Sergeant in the SAPS.

On duty on the night of 13 November 2010.

Was on duty at the charge office of Community Service Centre

There was a radio announcement at the station that evening...about hijacking & kidnapping

A short while later, Cpt. Buys arrived at the station.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 3m3 minutes ago
Next witness, a police SAPS Sergeant. He joined in 2004. He was stationed at Harare police station in Nov 2010.

News24 ‏@News24 2m2 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial resumes. Afrikaans speaking SA police sergeant Cornelius Jacobus Mellet takes the stand as the next witness.

Cpt. Buys was in the company of a person by the name Shrien Dewani.

They went to the crime office where the the standby detective was.

He asked SD what actually happened.

(Cornelius Mellet is testifying in Afrikaans.)

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago
Mellet: Dewani appeared emotional (all of a sudden music can be heard from the speakers) Judge:Are we going to have a party?. OMG!

The Cpt. told me to take SD to the Cape Grace Hotel. I don't know why SD so urgently wanted to be back.

The reason I left with SD was to find out what type of vehicle was hijacked, with aid of CCTV.

He was dressed very neatly. His clothes were clean. His appearance was clean.

CM: I couldn't see with my experience in Khayelitsha, that this person was involved in a robbery without a struggle.

CM: SD explained briefly as to what happened. He mentioned they were on their way back to the hotel.

CM: The vehicle was hijacked on their way to the hotel. After they offloaded him, they drove off with his wife.

CM: We left Harare police station at 00:45 on 14 November 2010. *Mellet refers to his black pocket book*

Mellet: took Dewani along with a reservist policeman to the Cape Grace Hotel.

CM: We had a conversation on the way. The reason was to ascertain exactly where the incident happened.

CM: Also a description of the car, registration number, number of people involved.

kevinjohnbrandt ‏@kevinjohnbrandt 2m2 minutes ago
Shrien Dewani hands written note to his defence team

CM: SD told me that he and his new wife were out to Somerset West for dinner. they came back & his wife insisted...

CM: that she wanted to see the township nightlife, for the last time. He said they drove on the freeway.

CM: The driver turned off at Gugulethu/Crossroads off ramp. The vehicle stopped. A person opened the right front door.

CM: He forced the driver out. Another person got into the vehicle & sat with his back to the driver.

CM: He threatened them with a firearm and robbed them. He also said the person wore a woolen hat.

CM: He said the person wiped every area he touched, with that woolen hat. He also said they were 2 African males.

CM: SD told me he looked at the watch on the panel board. It was 22:47.

CM: I drove to the hotel. On arrival, we entered the hotel.

CM: He told me, as with Cpt. Buys, that after they were robbed, the vehicle stopped & ordered him to leave.

CM: He said he asked them to let his wife go as well. They ignored him.

CM: I'm also a married person. I would've been very worried if my wife was gone. It was strange that SD did not ask..

News24 ‏@News24 3m3 minutes ago
Mellet said that it was "strange" that on the way to the Cape Grace hotel, Shrien did not mention his wife.

CM: Did not ask what the police, in their power, were doing to find his wife. He looked tense & was sweating.

CM: I turned on the aircon.

CM: The drive to the Cape Grace was about 15 or 20 mins.

Mellet: Dewani looked nervous. I felt sorry for him and switched on the car aircon.

CM: We entered the hotel. One porter was on duty. SD reported to the porter. He then walked left the foyer.

CM: He started running down the passage, presumably to his room.

CM: I immediately did enquiries with the hotel security. A security guard took me to the control room.

CM: I scanned the CCTV footage to get the registration and a description of the vehicle.

Mellet: Dewani told me the car was a silver VW.

CM: the purpose of the exercise was to do a general announcement throughout the Western Cape.

CM: SD told me when they were picked up. I had no success with the description SD gave of main entrance of the hotel.

CM: No success between 18h00 and 21h00.

CM: I'm not sure of the number of cameras. The security gave us the footage of the front and side foyers of the hotel.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 2m2 minutes ago
Mellet:Col Els, branch commander, Warrant Officer Stefanus from the same branch were also at the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210