Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago

Tongo: The car was quiet. She only asked me about the squatter camps.

VZ: What's surprising is that you can remember that after all these years.

Traverso: What did she ask about the squatters?

Tongo: She asked why the squatters were so close to a stream?

ooops.......what about when he was talking on his cell and passing policeman pointed finger at him?? seems to me she said something to him then IIRC

that's right, VZ is playing with him now, like a cat with a mouse. :p

Traverso: Did you answer?

Tongo: I told her, those are the people who are struggling

Lynne Joy Arendse ‏@Lynne_Joy 1 min1 minute ago

Tongo: The person I picked up at the hotel and the person at the restaurant in Strand was not the same person #dewanitrial #sabcnews

?????

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago

VZ: I thought you said you didn't know the lady was his wife, when you picked him up.

Tongo: The 2 ppl I saw from when I picked them up at the airport and fetched them at the hotel did not look the same.

VZ: But you said the wife told you the food is not nice.

Tongo: I realised on Sunday that the one who told me the food is not nice, is the wife. I realised when I went to the Cape Grace on Sunday.

News24 ‏@News24 35 secs35 seconds ago

#DewaniTrial Van Zyl: You've forgotten she spoke to you about answering cellphone while driving? No flies on the defence.

VZ: Have you forgotten about her asking about answering the phone while driving?

News24 ‏@News24 1 min1 minute ago

#DewaniTrial Van Zyl: I put it to you there was quite a discussion in car, said they were from UK, you surprised, thought they Indian

Tongo: Yes, the wife did say that in the car. If you want to add that, it will be the fourth occasion. (:p cheeky)

VZ: Mr. Tongo, I put it to you, that there was quite a conversation in your car with your two friends.

VZ: Mr. Dewani told you they were from the UK and you were surprised because you thought they were Indian.

VZ: They said they were on honeymoon. Tongo: They never said that.

VZ: Did you think these were rich people? Tongo: No

VZ: You saw all their luggage. There wasn't enough space. Tongo: Correct

I guess the aim of all this quibbling over details is just to put all the witnesses' testimony about Dewani's involvement into doubt?

VZ: And you never thought they were rich? Tongo: I never thought about that.

Court adjourns for lunch :sigh:

Ayesha ‏@CloraVannieKaap 1 min1 minute ago

#DewaniTrial Tongo says he never thought about the Dewanis being rich despite them staying at one of the most expensive hotels

I guess the aim of all this quibbling over details is just to put all the witnesses' testimony about Dewani's involvement into doubt?

The funny thing Z, the convo about SD saying he was from the UK and Anni from Sweden, and Tongo said, 'I thought you were both Indian'. That was in the paper, so maybe Tongo is just forgetting things.

Edit: unless that was from Dewani's statement. I'm confused.

Ayesha ‏@CloraVannieKaap 1 min1 minute ago

#DewaniTrial Tongo says he never thought about the Dewanis being rich despite them staying at one of the most expensive hotels

if you are flying in on business that could be explained as usual business practice JMHO

The funny thing Z, the convo about SD saying he was from the UK and Anni from Sweden, and Tongo said, 'I thought you were both Indian'. That was in the paper, so maybe Tongo is just forgetting things.

Edit: unless that was from Dewani's statement. I'm confused.

it's also been four years.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members