Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News24 ‏@News24 1 min1 minute ago

#DewaniTrial Tongo: I can't recall saying to Monde the people were going to have dinner in Somerset West, or discussing money.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 7m7 minutes ago

VZ: Where does Mr. Mbolombo get this story? The accused will say the same thing.

Tongo: I don't know where Monde gets that from

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 25s25 seconds ago

VZ: Let's turn to your meeting that Saturday (with Qwabe & Mngeni)

Very odd. All the other tweeters seem to have given up, except Leigh Anne.

Tom Burridge ‏@TomBurridgebbc 1 min1 minute ago

Defence: how did middleman Monde know that Tongo was going to take Dewanis to Somerset West, as Monde stated #DewaniTrial

Oh heck. Tongo, going to see his mom, his pastor.....the next stop, the contract killer.:(

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 7m7 minutes ago

VZ: what happened that day (Saturday with Qwabe & Mngeni)

Tongo: Went to Eersteriver to my mom, then went to look for my pastor, then went to Spra (Qwabe)

Tongo: I might have started with Qwabe, then my friend, then mother and pastor.

I saw your reply there Prime. I can't thank though, as my thanks button hasn't appeared for ages. Don't know if it's my computer or what.

News24 ‏@News24 2 mins2 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial VZ: Cell tower records show Tongo was in Eesterivier earlier in the day.

News24 ‏@News24 1 min1 minute ago

#DewaniTrial Court adjourns till Monday morning - Tongo's cross-examination will continue then.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 9m9 minutes ago

VZ: ok, so you're a bit confused with the chronology?

Tongo: Yes because it's long time ago

VZ: We checked your cellphone activity & which base station. You were in Eersteriver much later.

VZ: But in the light of what you just said, it's not necessary.

Tongo: Thank you, sir

Court adjourns til Monday

Early finish. Though it probably doesn't feel like that to Tongo.

billable hours --- this is costing SD a fortune

Tongo will be on the stand Monday, oh boy, more of the same. I am getting a bit confused at this stage. I remember Dewani said they dropped into the restaurant, decided they didn't want a big meal then went off to have sushi at SW? :confused:

he left his phone in the cab -- so probably LE got it and could see the texts........and contents - lucky break

he left his phone in the cab -- so probably LE got it and could see the texts........and contents - lucky break

yes, that's interesting, so either he was careful what he texted or is innocent?

I am convinced that SD must have had two cell phones as well......wasn't he captured on CCTV talking on cell phone after he returned to the hotel? and didn't he say they got his cell during the carjacking? IIRC

the driver said that he had a blackberry as well as a nokia -- he gave the car jackers his nokia.....then next day bought a sim and put it in the blackberry... I believe that's where the X is on the inability to ttrace calls between SD and driver

Tongo's not coming across with reliable testimony much of the time, but I'm recalling Judge Masipa saying something about a judge not being obliged to disregard everything, just because some parts of a witness' testimony isn't good. Or something like that. I think she said it about OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member