South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a recreation of her final hours, People says that she was "skipping around" in the morning but her mood deteriorated as the day went on. A pal describes how she was targeted with a "barrage of vicious taunts and vulgar insults".

At first she sought solace in her iPod, about which she had once written: "I have a song for every moment and mood of my day."

But after lunch Phoebe seemed increasingly downbeat. She described an incident of bullying to friends and said: "I'll find a way out of this problem," but they never thought that she was talking about killing herself.
Her death was all the more shocking to friends because she often signed off her text message saying, "life is an opportunity in itself."
http://www.herald.ie/national-news/phoebes-suicide-outrage-sparks-mass-us-backlash-2141008.html

Hey...Suicide/Murder thread is open, again. To explore the logistics, crime scene, day of death, state of mind of Phoebe, etc...but we cannot point fingers at people.

Thanks to , Tricia, JBean and Daisy7...:) I will be good. Promise.

I'm going to share one more story and then I'll shut up. :)

Three years ago, a friend of my daughter killed herself. She was having problems holding up her grades and decided to leave school, move back home. It was St. Patrick's Day and a group of them decided to go out one last time together. The had soooo much fun! Her spirits were very good, talked about taking the summer and return to college later. Hopefully, in the Fall. She understood she just needed to do this.

The following morning, early, my daughter went down to the basement where the water bottles are sold through a machine. She was putting her money in, looked out the door window, and saw blonde hair blowing in the wind. This young girl jumped from a window on the top floor of the "tower" dorm building. My daughter found her body. UNC Charlotte, March 18, 2007. I'm sure there are still some media links out there. Anyway, my daughter called me late that morning, I flew down, and engulfed her as only a Mom can. I met with the Dean of Students and a counselor. It was horrific for my daughter. Hours of questioning by police and other LE organizations. :(

The reason I tell this story is there were no signs, no notes left, nor behaviour that would have remotely shown she would take a high dive off the top of a building. Every part of that young woman was positive shown to the outside. Obviously, the inside of her was broken. You cannot "read" how someone is at one moment and the reason why it flipped to the other extreme. Something happened to convince Ms Prince, in her mind, this was her only option.

Well, that all. Now I'll lurk into the background for a bit.....

imvho

I don't think that every student or a student involved teacher at SHH is indifferent to what has happened in South Hadley. It is important to remember, imvho, that there are good people who are suffering the residual effects of all this. And, they are just kids in high school. It's not black or white. One "side" or the "other side". There is much grey that has been forgotten.

These students, as well as some faculty (because we have no idea who knew about this or not), need to keep their spirits up. To "rally" together in support of each other. Isn't that what we all wanted for Phoebe? It may have been too late for her, but at least someone is trying to keep in touch with these kids. It bothers me, personally, that a microscope is being used against every person/student. The mob mentality that so many have witnessed and suffered by.

I'm just thinking of the innocents. Adults and students alike.....

imvho

You are always giving me positive thoughts on my negatives :)

Thanks for sharing, ordinarylife...wow. What to say...so sorry.

I know I may seem intent on saying it may not be suicide...but I'm not. It may be suicide...

I just have no proof that cements my opinion one way or the other. And until then, I'll wonder.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPzAsuWV_XM&feature=related[/ame]

Can't view at work. What is this? IT was just posted on the Sean support page.

waddupyo...it's a music video of support, carrie underwoods song "I'll stand by you". The lyrics we're written across the screen. And a "hope you liked it", at the end.

Thanks for sharing, ordinarylife...wow. What to say...so sorry.

I know I may seem intent on saying it may not be suicide...but I'm not. It may be suicide...

I just have no proof that cements my opinion one way or the other. And until then, I'll wonder.

That you can, Paladine. It's all *good*. Your opinion is no less valuable than anyone elses. :)

waddupyo...it's a music video of support, carrie underwoods song "I'll stand by you". The lyrics we're written across the screen. And a "hope you liked it", at the end.

It's from a girl who is also on the support Phoebe page. How do you support both? How?

It's from a girl who is also on the support Phoebe page. How do you support both? How?

My theory is that many of the people that appear to be on both sides really weren't friends with Phoebe and didn't know her. They are sad for her because that's the thing to do, but with large numbers of the students and the town itself closing ranks against all the attention, they join these support the bullies groups because that's where the herd they are immersed in is heading.

There are some out there who participated in the bullying to some degree and their protestations of friendship toward Phoebe and whatnot are due to them trying to hide. :sick:

In other news I have not yet been able to get the magazine. Hopefully it will be in after I get off of work.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that last post, Lawrence...

My theory is that many of the people that appear to be on both sides really weren't friends with Phoebe and didn't know her. They are sad for her because that's the thing to do, but with large numbers of the students and the town itself closing ranks against all the attention, they join these support the bullies groups because that's where the herd they are immersed in is heading.

There are some out there who participated in the bullying to some degree and their protestations of friendship toward Phoebe and whatnot are due to them trying to hide. :sick:

In other news I have not yet been able to get the magazine. Hopefully it will be in after I get off of work.

I get really angry when I see this. So much so to the point where I looked up airline tickets to SH.

These kids are never going to understand. They come from a podunk, ignorant town. These "friends" of Phoebe make me sick. They will realize it though if they make it out of that town how life really can be. Some of these dicks have even made friends with Phoebe's best friend from back home!

OT: but breaking news....:( I'll post it in the bullying media thread...wonder if something will come of this...poor girl...enough of this crap...

"Officials: Student at Glenn hangs herself after receiving harassing text messages"
By John Hinton | Journal Reporter and Kim Underwood | Journal Reporter

Published: April 16, 2010

KERNERSVILLE

A sophomore at Glenn High School committed suicide Wednesday night after receiving harassing text messages from other students, school officials said today.

Ashley Rogers hanged herself at her home in Kernersville, said Dr. Donald Jason, a Forsyth County medical examiner. She was pronounced dead at 10:55 p.m. at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.

Her mother, Christine Rogers, called administrators at Glenn on Tuesday to tell them that two students had been sending her daughter harassing text messages. After investigating, the school's resource officer determined that the students had sent text messages starting at 10:30 p.m. April 8 and continuing until 7:30 a.m. on April 9.

"The administrators talked to all the students involved," said Theo Helm, a spokesman for the school system.

The students were told that such behavior would not be tolerated. Because the messages were not sent during school hours, no disciplinary action was taken against the students, Helm said.

Officials would not say what the messages were about
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2010/apr/16/officials-student-glenn-hangs-self-after-receiving/

OT: but breaking news....:( I'll post it in the bullying media thread...wonder if something will come of this...poor girl...enough of this crap...

"Officials: Student at Glenn hangs herself after receiving harassing text messages"
By John Hinton | Journal Reporter and Kim Underwood | Journal Reporter

Published: April 16, 2010

KERNERSVILLE

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2010/apr/16/officials-student-glenn-hangs-self-after-receiving/

Found her FB page. Not gonna post the link publicly though, it took about 30 seconds to find. The privacy settings are on turned on for it anyway.

I'm looking everywhere for photos of the dance in Jan but can't find any.

Found her FB page. Not gonna post the link publicly though, it took about 30 seconds to find. The privacy settings are on turned on for it anyway.

Saw it on the Phoebe support page I belong to, well on 1 of them. It's so sad!!!

:furious::furious::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members