South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! looks like we aren't the only ones who are thinking other than suicide..will post in the other thread.

I'm looking everywhere for photos of the dance in Jan but can't find any.
They are out there. I remember seeing some students lined up on stairs in their finery...I didn't keep them because I didn't know I would become so involved in this case. Maybe on Justice 4 Phoebe's FB page photos?

They are out there. I remember seeing some students lined up on stairs in their finery...I didn't keep them because I didn't know I would become so involved in this case. Maybe on Justice 4 Phoebe's FB page photos?

I'm looking for any of the 6 that might be in any of the photos

ms. cooley

Ms. Cooley? Ms. COOLEY helped plan the rally? Do you have a link for that, waddupyo? I hope so...:) Or if we can find one...

Well...here's Ms. Cooley in February telling us exactly where SHE stands! One of Dan Smith's BIGGEST apologists, imo...

"South Hadley teacher challenges media reports"
Saturday, February 27, 2010

To the editor:

As someone who works inside South Hadley High School every day, I see the hours of work and care that go into making it a great place to work and an excellent school for our students to learn. South Hadley is a wonderful, small, New England community whose children reflect that. Over the past 13 years I have taught a cross-section of these students, totaling about 1,500 kids. I love my job.

South Hadley High School is also very fortunate to have a principal who is extremely intelligent and truly caring about the students - our No. 1 reason for being there. He is someone who works 24/7 for his job. He is knowledgeable about the full realm of educational information that a principal needs.
Sylvia Cooley

Amherst
http://www.gazettenet.com/2010/02/2...ts?SESS9987058bf02cbac534c6f3837ffb5b44=gnews

I liked this part best "Police Chief David LaBrie reported that he had basically level‐funded everything with the exception that his contract
called for a 3% raise."

Sorry - I know its off topic, just thought that was too funny.

He's an idiot

Renaud is from Springfield

Sean Mulveyhill , and Kayla Narey , both 17 and both from South Hadley, and Austin Renaud , 18, of Springfield, were not required to appear in front of the judge. Because of the intense media scrutiny, their lawyers filed paperwork on Monday that invoked their right to waive their appearances at their arraignment.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/not-guilty-pleas-entered-for-bullies

Also have seen those and didn't keep them because they irritated me. Can't remember where now, though.

Sorry missed a whole day and now trying to catch up, Grace shows up quite a bit on litter box if you have a look at some of the older entries.
Also my feelings re her friends in the US is that she just didnt know them long enough and as someone stated previously she was still an outsider so their feelings toward her were not very deep. I think the reason some of these friends crop up on SM's support page is that he is just more ingrained in their lives and so they can make excuses for him and blame other people for his predicament (one of them blamed Kayla on formspring). I actually think it is this friend that was the most likely introduction to SM as he is best friends with her brother and seems very close to her family in general. Just my opinion anyway

It seems I can't find anymore news other than what I found earlier.

I think the reason some of these friends crop up on SM's support page is that he is just more ingrained in their lives and so they can make excuses for him and blame other people for his predicament (one of them blamed Kayla on formspring). I actually think it is actually this friend that was the most likely introduction to SM as he is best friends with her brother and seems very close to her family in general. Just my opinion anyway

yeah I saw the same thing on formspring and also thought the same thing about how Phoebe was introduced to SM. The girl in question stated that SM was like a big brother to her and mentions him often so it's possible that's how she ended up getting to know SM. Either they met through mutual friends or SM noticed her and saw this girl being friendly with her and asked to be introduced. Just one possible scenario, anyway.

It's from a girl who is also on the support Phoebe page. How do you support both? How?

I think it's possible if you live in a world where bullying is taken as a natural thing that people do all the time. So, you wouldn't feel like someone was 'wrong' to bully.

But, you can still feel bad that some girl killed herself because she couldn't deal with what was just natural in life.

:-(

Teens are easily confused. Still trying to find their way in the world. Still trying to figure out who the are, who they want to be, who they want to know themselves as. So, I think that some of these kids who do seem to be supporting both might do well to be asked to think about what could have happened differently & how they might help that happen in their lives.

I was looking up online the other day, cannot for the life of me find which site as was using someone else's computer, about impulsive suicides. It stated that an impulsive suicide is one in which the person will make the decision and carry it out within about 30 mins, they will look for easiest method available to them and sadly, interviewing people who had been found on time they were most likely to regret the decision and plead to be saved. This may explain the lack of "preparation" i.e no note, the fact that her sister would be the first one to come upon her and using the scarf her sister gave (someone mentioned how her sister had given it to her for xmas). I believe this would make sense regarding the horrendous day she had endured, she was just pushed over the edge and could take no more, could probably see no end to it and had no one within her peers with which she could truly trust because they were all more connected with the people who were tormenting her. Pretty awful because if she had a friend that she trusted within reach it could have made all the difference...

I was looking up online the other day, cannot for the life of me find which site as was using someone else's computer, about impulsive suicides. It stated that an impulsive suicide is one in which the person will make the decision and carry it out within about 30 mins, they will look for easiest method available to them and sadly, interviewing people who had been found on time they were most likely to regret the decision and plead to be saved. This may explain the lack of "preparation" i.e no note, the fact that her sister would be the first one to come upon her and using the scarf her sister gave (someone mentioned how her sister had given it to her for xmas). I believe this would make sense regarding the horrendous day she had endured, she was just pushed over the edge and could take no more, could probably see no end to it and had no one within her peers with which she could truly trust because they were all more connected with the people who were tormenting her. Pretty awful because if she had a friend that she trusted within reach it could have made all the difference...

yea I think what makes this even more tragic was that it was seemingly, from all accounts, a very impulsive act. The more I find out, the more I just don't think she was a depressed girl, and even if she was depression does not equal suicide. The fact that she was texting someone about the bad day she had and plugged in her phone still boggles my mind. When you're sharing with someone that you've had a bad day, you're trying to communicate, to get support, comfort, to share, to make things easier to deal with, to get another person's opinion.

I guess we would have to know exactly what Phoebe was saying: was she simply talking about what a bad day she was having or was she saying she couldn't take it anymore? did she sound suicidal in those final texts? was someone else texting her and these final texts sent her over the edge? did something else happen that pushed her over the edge? I just feel like something happened after she got home that really made things worse. I could be totally wrong about all of this of course so obviously jmo.

I mentioned earlier another girl who had committed suicide, Kristina Calco. More info about her can be found here http://www.theshabbycastle.com/kristinacalco. I bring her up because I really love something her mother said in her eulogy at Kristina's funeral.
For whatever reason, in the wee morning hours of Sunday December 4th, Kristina lost her focus. The stage had been set and with such a frail and sensitive soul, she just couldn't bear the pain that had consumed her. In that one tiny infinitesimal instant, Kristina made the choice to kill herself. Suicide seemed her only escape....her only way out....her only way to end the pain.

Kristina's story is a bit different than Phoebe's, as I said earlier she wrote two suicide notes and had mentioned suicide several times in her journals, even though her mother never picked up on any depression. However I think the part about losing focus is true for a lot of young suicide's. At this young of an age, your brain isn't even fully finished developing and isn't capable of grasping the things that you can as an adult. I tend to think more adult suicides, obviously not all but maybe most, are a result of a long, seemingly never ending battle with depression, whether brought on by certain events or not.

Well speaking of losing focus I kind of forgot where I was going with that so I apologize and also apologize if I didn't make sense. Obviously people commit suicide for a number of different reasons under a number of different circumstances so I'm definitely not trying to generalize. anyway sorry for the rambling.

Phoebe told that boy that she was going to the dance with that she'd call him around dinner time that night. That night. The night it happened.

:(:(

Here is what pisses me off. A "witness" saw Longe throw the can at Phoebe. Why the FUC# didn't this witness try to console her? Perhaps this witness could have been the person to save her. Could have been the person for her to finally vent on.

i started following this thread recently. i've seen rumors, can't remember where, that her parents are divorced/separated; and that she may have attempted suicide previously. is there anything to that? not that it's relevant to the current charges against the six, but if true it's likely to come up at some point either as evidence or leaks to the media. i'm asking in the spirit of trying to understand how this tragedy came about. somewhat lost or inextricably tied to the bullying issue is the issue of teen suicide. having a son just hitting his teens and a brother about to follow i'm a concerned parent. thanks

There likely is something in that last bit of time at home that was the final straw. Maybe not texts she got, but perhaps going online and seeing something posted somewhere?

A combination of things? We haven't heard if anybody called her... if they had her phone number to text they could have called as well.

Just speculation until we hear details via documents/court proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb