Southwest Flight Attendant Tries to Boot Hooters Waitress From Plane Over Clothing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What nerve this airlines has. I don't care if her skirt WAS very short or if she was showing cleavage. Their job is to fly her to her destination safely. Period.

I don't have a problem with people wearing whatever. I tend to have a European attitude about it -- nothing wrong with nudity and I much prefer it to violence.

I completely agree with Paladin's posts as well.

Oh, Am, have you ever flown Frontier?? They have the best flight attendants. And they don't charge $3 for a tiny bag of chips!!

I never have:)

Do they even fly out of FL?

I have never been treated anyway except nice by filight attendants and other personel.

well, if she was innapropriatley dressed with stuff hanging out ( i can't tell, i suspect she was though) then they were with in their rights to not serve her, just as if you go in a store topless or shoeless. I am not sure what is wrong with expecting people to cover themselves and not dress trashy and expose themsleves.
Amraan if I took you the wrong way , sorry.

I have never flown and never purchased a ticket for air travel so someone who regularly does will have to help me out here. When you purchase a ticket where is it written about appropriate dress and guidelines on how one should arrive to ensure passage.
I think the only way they would be with-in their rights to refuse passage to a customer for improper attire is for the airline to produce the written information pertaining to dress code and let us all see where the violation occured. It can't just be a crap shoot when you fly, they must have a cut off point that they can back up with written material. Am I stretching it to assume they would have it written somewhere?

Nova, just please wear something appropriate!!!!!....I don't want to see you on the Today show having to defend yourself!!LOL

Me either! How the hell am I gonna fill out that sweater!

I saw this young woman interviewed on the Today Show this morning. She stood up to show her outfit (what there was of it) and then when she sat back down there was no way to avoid seeing right up the skirt to her crotch -- and she was being careful sitting down. Thank goodness she had the sense to wear underwear! I am guessing that the inability to properly cover her girly parts is what annoyed the flight attendant. She was heading to Tucson for a doctor's appointment. The exam could have been easily carried out right on the plane!!

To me, she looks like a street hooker. Of course, it is a free society and she can wear what she wants -- within limits -- but it won't hurt her to become aware of how she appears to others. Maybe she'll develop a sense of respect for herself. I remember when I went through my faze of dressing sexy -- I mistook sexy for attractive -- but even in that stage of life I would have never word a skirt that short in public -- never!

I watched Matt Lauer's interview with the pretty young lady today and I think her outfit looked very nice on her (as was mentioned, she wore the same outfit today that she wore on the plane). She is slim, has a great body, wasn't exposing her breasts at all, and she had on a cute short white skirt (the style many young women are wearing now) that I thought showed off her nicely shaped long legs! I don't think her outfit was offensive at all. I have seen offensive on airline flights before--like the guy who was seated in an isle seat with his crack showing because he was wearing his pants so low. That really was offensive, but no one gave him a lecture on airline dress codes.

On her return flight, one of the flight attendants told her how nice her outfit looked and that she liked it!! Same airline, different flight attendant.

Me either! How the hell am I gonna fill out that sweater!

Nova, I double dog dare you to wear what this lady was wearing when you take your flight! And you have to post a picture here...

On a lighter note, Waitress in the Sky by the Replacements is an excellent song:

She don't wear no pants and she don't wear no tie
Always on the ball, she's always on strike
Struttin' up the aisle, big deal, you get to fly
You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky

Paid my fare, don't wanna complain
You get to me, you're always outta champagne
Treat me like a bum, don't wear no tie
'cause you ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky

And the sign says, "Thank you very much for not smoking"
My own sign says, "I'm sorry, I'm smokin'"
Don't treat me special, don't kiss my *advertiser censored*
Treat me like the way they treat 'em up in first class

Sanitation expert and a maintenance engineer
Garbage man, a janitor and you my dear
A real union flight attendant, my oh my

Don't flame me folks - I've got nothing against flight attendants, I just like the song.

Oh - and on topic - I too was taught to dress nicely for travel, but I don't think this woman should have been bumped from her flight. That's just silly.

I missed that BarnGoddess, sorry!

Am, they fly out of Tampa, I don't know about Miami or Orlando. The only problem for us is their hub is Denver so everything is routed through there. It's who we fly if we are heading west. Otherwise, we are stuck with someone else. Usually American since we fly to Dallas most often. I wish we could fly Frontier 100 percent. Their planes are a tad bit roomier than American or Delta as well.

when the flight attendants wore go-go boots

Ah,... the good old days. When even college educated women were willing to be treated like servants and sex objects.

Have a great flight, Nova

Thank you Gonzo for posting the link to that pic. I was going to mention that I BELIEVE there was an airline for which the stewardesses uniform was hot pants... And I believe it was Southwest.

IMO that just makes the whole situation even worse.

I have been harassed by a flight attendant before on SWA as well. Because one noticed that I had a necklace with an MP3 player on it. She informed me it had to be STOWED during takeoff and landing because it was a portable electronic device, even though I was wearing it around my neck at the time. Not using it. just wearing it as it was meant to be worn.
I had a seat with no pockets, so I had to take it off, open the overhead bin and put it in my carryon bag before the waitress deemed it safe to fly.

Really? They complained over that outfit? The lady is like covered up besides some leg showing and even that isnt much it's not like you can see butt cheek or something.. She is a beautiful young girl with a beautiful figure I can only guess that some old jealous flight attendant made the male attendant go tell her that...on the other hand alot of male flight attendants are gay and if they are complaining that the outfit is not ''fit'' for a family flight then I don't think a male gay flight attendant is ''fit'' for any flight I am on with my children either... I have no problems with gay people and I am not saying this guy was gay...I'm just turning the tables a little here on how STUPID this is!

well, if she was innapropriatley dressed with stuff hanging out ( i can't tell, i suspect she was though) then they were with in their rights to not serve her, just as if you go in a store topless or shoeless. I am not sure what is wrong with expecting people to cover themselves and not dress trashy and expose themsleves.
Amraan if I took you the wrong way , sorry.

I guess the real issue is ......
Who exactly decides what "covered" is??

I do agree with Paladin in that American society is uptight about the human body and sexuality.

Do we go back to the days when women were considered low class if they wore pants?
Should a woman who is well endowed only wear baggy shirts?
I think we can all agree that to expose naked private parts is inappropriate in many places.
As many stated above if they have a dress code then they need to inform people of that before they purchase a ticket.

IMO the girls outfit was adorable, age appropriate and she had the figure to wear it.

I contend that had she not been so well endowed not two words would have been said to her.
Had the outfit not been so cute on her ... nothing would have been said.

Mygirlsadie,
If the airlines are going to offer "family friendly flights"
I hope they also plan to offer adults only flights because who wants to sit on a plain with someone else's screaming child?

I have never seen a flight labeled a family flight nor guidelines about what one can wear on one.

I missed that BarnGoddess, sorry!

Am, they fly out of Tampa, I don't know about Miami or Orlando. The only problem for us is their hub is Denver so everything is routed through there. It's who we fly if we are heading west. Otherwise, we are stuck with someone else. Usually American since we fly to Dallas most often. I wish we could fly Frontier 100 percent. Their planes are a tad bit roomier than American or Delta as well.

My days of flying west are long over as hubby is no longer in the military.

I really don't even like to fly and only do so when I absolutely have to.
Usually that happens to be Southwest as they have specials and pretty low prices.
I must say that all the arrogance since 9/11 does also turn me off to flying.

Gonzo stumbled onto something about the go-go boots ....
Obviously that was deemed appropriate at the time and IMO way more revealing than what this girl was wearing.

I find it interesting that there is no picture of her showing exactly what the outfit looks like when she is standing up or moving about.
Unless there is another picture, the only one I have seen is the one where she is sitting down.
If I were trying to make a case that my outfit was within "decency guidelines" for lack of a better term, I would have had several views of the outfit.
I cannot draw my judgement without seeing the outfit. If she came on in the same length outfit that Britney wore the other day, of course the airline should say something..I think most establishments would. I just wonder if there is more to this story.
Has anyone ever seen Airline, the behind the scenes at Southwest?
I remember the episode where they had to tell a guy he stunk too bad to travel. Poor guy had to wash up and change clothes provided by Southwest before they would let him aboard. I would appreciate that if I were sitting next to him. How do you all feel about that?
There was also an episode that a man was wearing no undies and a kilt I think. You could see his business when he would sit or bend and they made him put on underwear. Do you all think that it was ok for the airline to police his clothes?

They have a video of her and mother and lawyer on the Today show being interviewed by Matt Lauer. She's wearing the same outfit that she wore on the plane. Matt had her stand up (have to say the skirt was a bit short) and when she sat back down she kinda *flashed* the camera (accident, of course). I'll try to find the video...

Also, I'm wondering if someone on the plane complained (maybe had small kids with them and was offended)...Possible...
Oh this is what I was wondering about..guess i should read the thread...
I am going to find that video. Thanks Czech!

when the flight attendants wore go-go boots

Ah,... the good old days. When even college educated women were willing to be treated like servants and sex objects.

Have a great flight, Nova
When my mother was a flight attendant,she had graduated college and they HAD to be RN's as a job requirement They were weighed in regularly and had makeup checks and I think you lost your job when you got married.
After they settled up on all that, my mom was offered her job back when she was in her 50's or 60's.IIRC.
She said it was just the way it was, they didn't think anythink of it.

I find it interesting that there is no picture of her showing exactly what the outfit looks like when she is standing up or moving about.
Unless there is another picture, the only one I have seen is the one where she is sitting down.
If I were trying to make a case that my outfit was within "decency guidelines" for lack of a better term, I would have had several views of the outfit.
I cannot draw my judgement without seeing the outfit. If she came on in the same length outfit that Britney wore the other day, of course the airline should say something..I think most establishments would. I just wonder if there is more to this story.
Has anyone ever seen Airline, the behind the scenes at Southwest?
I remember the episode where they had to tell a guy he stunk too bad to travel. Poor guy had to wash up and change clothes provided by Southwest before they would let him aboard. I would appreciate that if I were sitting next to him. How do you all feel about that?
There was also an episode that a man was wearing no undies and a kilt I think. You could see his business when he would sit or bend and they made him put on underwear. Do you all think that it was ok for the airline to police his clothes?

The difference being that his privates were showing..
If hers were not then they need to leave her be.
I am sure that in the story you sited the guys underwear still showed when he moved if his privates did without them.... so obviously a flash of undies is ok.

The difference being that his privates were showing..
If hers were not then they need to leave her be.
I am sure that in the story you sited the guys underwear still showed when he moved if his privates did without them.... so obviously a flash of undies is ok.

What kind of underwear though? There is a huge difference in granny panties and dental floss. I can't make a call since I cant see the outfit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back