Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The government delegate explained that the earth that was covering Julen’s body – and that had proved impossible to remove during early efforts by the rescue teams – had most likely been dislodged as he fell down the borehole. The material covering him, he explained, was “very imperfect, very sandy.” He also said that there were a “number of theories” as to why there was a plug of material underneath Julen, at around 70 meters down in the 110-meter-deep borehole, but no definitive answers yet.

As for a possible air pocket that could have existed in the space around Julen, he explained that it would have been limited to the area between the toddler’s head and feet.

Julen Roselló: The official account of the accident so far

From this article is appears that Julen was in fact part of the plug.

My first thought this morning was about little Julen's parents .

I am thankful that they have such tremendous support as well as medical assistance there.

That was hard to hear the outcome last night.

Hard news to hear for all of us, regardless of how long Julen had been down there .

May family, friends and their beautiful community continue to embrace Julen's parents, dear Jose and Vicky.

The world weeps with you.

Last edited:
As for a possible air pocket that could have existed in the space around Julen, he explained that it would have been limited to the area between the toddler’s head and feet.

Thanks Violet for posting this!

I think this would mean that he could not have lived for long after the fall because of very limited air supply. (If the fall itself didn't kill him.)

Thanks Violet for posting this!

I think this would mean that he could not have lived for long after the fall because of very limited air supply. (If the fall itself didn't kill him.)

Yes, his Father reported that he heard him crying (poor boy :() so he survived the impact. Either the lack of oxygen killed him, or when the “plug” fell down, a rock killed him instantly. At the very least, at least he did not suffer for days down there alone & full of fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova