Speculation on the Second Cross

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Then that photo was not taken in August. So when was it taken and why is LP trying to pass it off as being taken during the first search?

This is HUGE, IMO.

Well, something just does not seem "right" about it to me. I don't know where to even begin sleuthing this though, I guess we would have to have statements from locals as to when the flooding would have been that high, and when it receded, then correlate that to the search dates.

I'm also curious what the weather was like during the August search, I thought I remember some people saying the weather was wet and miserable but it's obvious from the photo that this is a sunny (or at least bright) warm day, and the Econ is well within its "boundaries".

The cross and beads look new and unweathered to me, but if this photo was truly taken in August and if Casey really put it there it would have been on that tree for a couple of months.

If the orange tape is a marker for LE, it would make sense if LE removed the cross, yet there seems to be some surprise about it disappearing suddenly?

Whatever the case, I don't believe Casey had anything to do with this cross.

it looks like a craft project, maybe a church camp project. Maybe someone found it on the ground later and just hung it from the tree out of respect to the cross :confused:
I don't think it's connected to CA.

it looks like a craft project, maybe a church camp project. Maybe someone found it on the ground later and just hung it from the tree out of respect to the cross :confused:
I don't think it's connected to CA.

I agree with you. This, IMO, has nothing at all to do with Caylee. I would think otherwise that KC needed to learn "big girl scissors" again... it's very crudely made. This doesn't suit KC's need for perfection; image and living above her means. I would think she would make something much more refined or purchase something (like the crosses from JCP) gold or other precious metal. In addition, I can't believe she would be this naive.

I agree with you. This, IMO, has nothing at all to do with Caylee. I would think otherwise that KC needed to learn "big girl scissors" again... it's very crudely made. This doesn't suit KC's need for perfection; image and living above her means. I would think she would make something much more refined or purchase something (like the crosses from JCP) gold or other precious metal. In addition, I can't believe she would be this naive.

I agree. First of all, the cross in the picture is crudely cut from a "foam sheet" that can be purchased in singles or variety packs at Walmart, craft/fabric stores, or even dollar stores. I have some myself for my 4yo to cut and make things with. The beads are also very common, cheap and child friendly (large in size with big hole for threading plastic line from kids' little hands). Churches and preschools have these supplies and the irregular cuts in the 'cross' look like something a young child would have done. This foam cross also seems very unweathered for having survived a hurricane 3 months ago - it doesn't even appear to be faded or dirty.

I think the cross was only recently put in the tree for either a hoax, or more likely a tribute from a caring child trying to deal with something they heard (which they shouldn't have) about their favorite place to play. I don't think KC would bother hanging/making a cross for Caylee, she didn't even make sure Caylee had her 'mama' doll with her the last time KC "saw" Caylee.

I'm bumping this thread up.

I am very concerned and confused about the situation with this cross. Something stinks about it. I am seeing some posters claiming that the cross pictured above is not the one that has inspired LP to search where he is, but all the media information I can find is showing this same picture, and the descriptive info that LP gives indicates that this IS the same cross from august.

Something is amiss here, and someone has to know what is really going on. Can any of the August searchers that saw this speak up if you're viewing?

1. The cross is obviously new and not weathered, so when could KC have put it there?

2. The Econ is well within its boundaries and the ground is nowhere near flooded.

3. Doesn't look like anything KC would make in a million years.

Interesting, I don't see it at all though. Anyone could have carved that for any reason. It is also interesting to note that not only is it spelled with a K, it is spelled KALEY, so it's actually 3 letters off, not just one as was reported before.

KALEY
CAYLEE

Just don't see it.

Looks like it's also quite close to the ground and so a child could have done it.

Interesting, I don't see it at all though. Anyone could have carved that for any reason. It is also interesting to note that not only is it spelled with a K, it is spelled KALEY, so it's actually 3 letters off, not just one as was reported before.

KALEY
CAYLEE

Just don't see it.

Looks like it's also quite close to the ground and so a child could have done it.
I tend to agree. Looks like there was going to be the name of a boy beneath the "+".

I heard that right next to the cross and the tree carving, someone built a little chapel with a stained glass window map with "you are here" and "Kaley is over there" on it.

I would like to know the condition of that cross. Is it tattered and worn from all the rain and weather elements, or does it look fairly new...

Then that photo was not taken in August. So when was it taken and why is LP trying to pass it off as being taken during the first search?

This is HUGE, IMO.

Maybe it's to keep quiet what they are really comparing. A picture of a cross and beads won't hold up in court if there is no way to connect to Casey ... you'd need the actual cross/beads to do that.

I think the whole talk about crosses and beads is real, but they're not showing the right one.

What happened to the 2 crosses that LP said that Cindy purchased at JC Penny...?

What kind of crosses are they....Metal, wood, Jewlery..?

I would like to know the condition of that cross. Is it tattered and worn from all the rain and weather elements, or does it look fairly new...

Hey, FK. You can look at the condition of it on the last page. It looks brand spanking new to me. The blue foam cross pic I put up is the only one circulating the media with the story. A few people are rumor-mongering that the cross LP is talking about is different, but if so there is no news story, no pic and no evidence that there is any other cross. Until I see something different I'm going with the reputable news outlets and saying this is what all the hullaballoo is about.

Not very promising in any way IMO. That thing would be weathered if the pic was taken in August, having been through sun, rain, and at least 1 hurricane for weeks.

I would love for someone who has access to this kind of foam to put a chunk out in the weather for 10 days and take before and after pictures.

I heard that right next to the cross and the tree carving, someone built a little chapel with a stained glass window map with "you are here" and "Kaley is over there" on it.

LOL!

This evidence is like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Maybe it's to keep quiet what they are really comparing. A picture of a cross and beads won't hold up in court if there is no way to connect to Casey ... you'd need the actual cross/beads to do that.

I think the whole talk about crosses and beads is real, but they're not showing the right one.

Respectfully...

Cross, check.
Material, check.
Beads, check.
Tree, check.
Blanchard park, check.
About 200 feet from the Econ as LP stated, check.
Orange marking tape that TES would use, check.
Photograph of THE cross according to media sources, check.

I really, truly firmly believe that the cross we're seeing pictures of is the cross in question. And I further believe that it has nothing to do with KC. How could it?

It's "boy" colours
It isn't weathered.
It is made in a childish manner
The leaves twined around are pretty fresh.

Those materials are common as dirt and can be found at literally hundreds of stores.

Why would KC use "boy" colours if she had a large kit?

Why would someone who is obsessed with the appearance of perfection and money make something so childish?

Just some thoughts, I really don't believe this cross can be construed as evidence in any way.

I can't understand why no one is concerned that LP's cross story is so obviously false. :waitasec:

I can't either, Chilly. This board is supposed to be populated with some pretty darn good logicians.

I don't think that this "evidence" was probably planted deliberately (although it and the carving are awfully convenient), but I think it is being construed to be something it obviously isn't, for some reason. Maybe people are desperate to believe it out of the desire for Caylee to be found.

So far the best answer I've gotten to questions about this cross is that maybe this isn't the "one", but see my logic for why it is above.

I personally think that the pings and the fact that B Park came up quite a few times in KC's statements are enough to go on, why muddy the waters with "evidence" of such a shoddy caliber?

LP's story changes yet again:

http://www.local6.com/news/17962294/detail.html

Padilla said he will not lead any more searches for Caylee and only expects to be in Orlando for a few more days.

Padilla said he received a tip from a friend of Casey Anthony, leading to the dive search. Padilla said the friend showed him a picture of a cross that she had taken at Blanchard Park and it matched some arts and crafts that were in Anthony's room.

~~~~~~~~~
So now the cross was a tip from Casey's friend and the picture was taken by that friend. What about the story that it was taken by a TES searcher? Tim Miller refuse to back that fairy tale up, maybe? :waitasec: :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back