Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there's any chance of an arrest if Stacy's body isn't found?
I do think there will be an arrest providing the information that Tom Morphey and other people have given checks out along with finding some kind of physical evidence in his vehicle, the home, or from elsewhere. While they certainly would prefer to have a body to proceed, I don't think it will be neccessary for them to have to get a conviction in the long run.

We don't know how close they are to making a substantial case against Drew. Everything we have learned from the media or "sources" is circumstantial or hearsay and it suggests to me they must have far more they are witholding. At least, it is my hope in this case.

Do you think there's any chance of an arrest if Stacy's body isn't found?

I think it really depends on what other evidence LE has. A good prosecutor isn't going to go forward with a case unless he/she thinks they've got the evidence to convict.

If DP was prosecuted on flimsy evidence and wasn't convicted, he can't ever be tried again for the same case.

If Stacy's body isn't found soon, I think the authorities may go forward (if they have the evidence) and prosecute him for Kathleen Savio's death, while continuing the search for Stacy.

I think it is strange that Drew hasn't been called in again and again for questioning. Is it just me?! If it were anyone else...wouldn't they question them to no end? Or is it up to the lawyer if he can be questioned repeatedly? I just don't get it.

I say let's waterboard him! If it is legal enough for the government to use...well...

I think the attorney can refuse. Remember Jon Benet, the Ramsey's talked with LE until they began to feel like LE was focusing on them- then they said they had said all they were going to say. I think at one point they did allow for new questions to be faxed to their attorneys office, and they answered in writing. But DrewP cannot be forced to incriminate himself. Even in the Grand Jury DrewP excercised his right to take the 5th.

And the usual tricks and deceptions will not work on DrewP. But every time that DrewP makes a statement to media, LE is analyzing it- checking it against the evidence, the witness statements, and DrewP's previous statements. And just like us, they are watching the mood statements to see what part of the current events is bothering him. And I believe that LE is also dropping some carefully worded, well considered hints as to what is going on in the case in order to see DrewP's response. For example the "trucker man." LE did not have to release that info. But I think they were watching DrewP's response to that.

I feel that LE most likely has some evidence. I base that on the LE's usual reluctance to name a person as a suspect. We don't know what they found in the home- a murder weapon, cell phone calls that give some idea of who DrewP contacted in that first 24 hrs, blood or other biologicals.

We also don't know what DrewP's son has told them. Maybe it is something, maybe it isn't much. But they aren't going to arrest him solely on the testimony of one person.

Since the body has not been found, LE will need a lot of circumstancial evidence before they make an arrest.

Thanks for posting this SuziQ. I sure hope he doesn't get those darn guns back. He's not flying with both his wings, if ya know what I mean.

It looks like Greta will be interesting tonight.................

December 10th, 2007 8:14 AM Eastern
Monday Note: Show Tonight… Where Will We Be?

by Greta Van Susteren

We are at the airport….and, as usual, juggling flight issues…the ice storm in the mid west seems to be moving in all directions and creating travel chaos around the nation - even for those not traveling to the mid west. For reasons I just don’t understand - my flight says “on time.” Oh well…we shall see….as for tonight’s show? I know we will have one…I just don’t know where I will be doing it…..(as noted, we are juggling travel issues…) I will blog our location information when I get it.
We expect, assuming no breaking news, and no broken promises, that Sgt. Drew Peterson’s lawyer Joel Brodsky will join us. He has some things to say to the legal panel and I promised him a chance to do that and he promised to show up. Yesterday we taped an interview with a former fiance of Sgt. Drew Peterson, and absent breaking news, you will see some of that interview if not all. If scheduling somehow inhibits our ability to show you the entire interview on ON THE RECORD, we have the luxury of posting the entire interview right here on the blog / internet — which we will do.
As for the rest of the show content? Unknown at this time….we need to see how the day evolves. As you know, we follow the news and we need to see what is going on in the world today. I will blog when we land….

December 10th, 2007 11:10 AM Eastern
Landed….

by Greta Van Susteren
We have landed in Chicago…and I am told (remember, I take orders…I don’t give them) to jump off plane (if we ever get a gate…don’t get me startted)…do my intended work…and try and make it back to Washington, DC tonight. So….that’s the behind the scenes plan….I will keep you posted (and to think some people plan travel weeks in advance…)

Greta will have the pastor who Stacy confessed to that Drew killed Kathleen on her show TONIGHT!!!

GRETA ROCKS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members