Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
strach, if DP's phone was off, any calls made to him probably went straight to voice mail. That's how my phone works, anyway.

That's what I was thinking too. If Stacy left a voice mail, that would probably be listed as a call, especially if her voice mail was longer than a minute.

I really don't know about these things, but I would think that if a call was made and went straight to voice mail, then the call would be completed because voice mail answered it. That would then register as a completed call. Does that make sense? Wonder if Stacy left any messages?

I have a question? If Drew had his phone off like I saw reported and Stacy was trying to call him as long as there was no answer would there be any record? In other words of her just making the calls. There would be no billable minutes or anything so how does that work?
I learned about this during the other Peterson case - it's not whether voice mail picked up the call or not, it's which phone tower "pinged" the call. That's how they can locate where calls were made, and not from voice mail or anything like that. Would he have had his phone off? Or did he possibly just leave it in the car?

Her cell phone contacted a cell tower, which connected with a tower somewhere near where he was. Just because he didn't answer doesn't mean the phone didn't ring - it probably did, and that can be traced. It's my understanding that every time a phone lights up and rings it can be traced, provided they still have the records somewhere.

I'm not sure how close by Kathleen lived to Drew and Stacy - it was probably close, and that could be problematic if Drew wasn't near a different tower from Stacy when his cell rang.

However, there is still the question of why Stacy would need to call Drew at all, since he was supposedly at home in bed with her. So if we have multiple calls going out from Stacy's phone to Drew's number, that's incriminating because it shows he is lying about where he was.

I learned about this during the other Peterson case - it's not whether voice mail picked up the call or not, it's which phone tower "pinged" the call. That's how they can locate where calls were made, and not from voice mail or anything like that. Would he have had his phone off? Or did he possibly just leave it in the car?

Her cell phone contacted a cell tower, which connected with a tower somewhere near where he was. Just because he didn't answer doesn't mean the phone didn't ring - it probably did, and that can be traced. It's my understanding that every time a phone lights up and rings it can be traced, provided they still have the records somewhere.

I'm not sure how close by Kathleen lived to Drew and Stacy - it was probably close, and that could be problematic if Drew wasn't near a different tower from Stacy when his cell rang.

However, there is still the question of why Stacy would need to call Drew at all, since he was supposedly at home in bed with her. So if we have multiple calls going out from Stacy's phone to Drew's number, that's incriminating because it shows he is lying about where he was.

--->>>:clap: WElllll, IF IF Stacy left a message it most likely woulda or coulda been ?Where are you? OR ?Are you finished with your 'work' etc?.

I am also wondering HOW Mark F. 'learned' that Stacy looked for DP that night, and HOW did Mark F. 'learn' about the washing machine ceremony on 'that' night?

I'm think Mark F. may have spoke to the pastor in what Stacy had told him that happened that night.
--->>>:clap: WElllll, IF IF Stacy left a message it most likely woulda or coulda been ?Where are you? OR ?Are you finished with your 'work' etc?.

I am also wondering HOW Mark F. 'learned' that Stacy looked for DP that night, and HOW did Mark F. 'learn' about the washing machine ceremony on 'that' night?

That's the impression I get as well.

--->>>Thanks ladies, got it.

DP is headed to the striped jail cell spa for a long long time. :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar lotsa friends for him there.

I am wondering IF IF Stacy told her sister this also to put even more pieces together for ISP?

Well, I don't think ALL of MF's information is coming from the minister. Because the other night he said he had some information that could be very critical to the case (in other words), but he wasn't sure of his source and needed to check it out further.

Then last night he said that he was fairly certain of the accuracy of this new information, which was DP being dressed all in black at the washing machine, with a bag of woman's clothes!

The discussion was that Kathleen PROBABLY was dressed when she was attacked and this was most likely her clothing as it would have been covered in blood from her injuries. She was found nude in the bathtub.

Oh, and I heard something else I didn't know. That some of Kathleen's injuries were on her Left side, which was inconsistant with falling in the tub, as they would have been on her right side.

JMHO
fran

Oh, and I heard something else I didn't know. That some of Kathleen's injuries were on her Left side, which was inconsistant with falling in the tub, as they would have been on her right side.

JMHO
fran

Yes, In fact that's exactly what was said at the presser. There are abrasions (scrapes) all along the left side of her body. I personally think she was drug across the carpet.

Yes, In fact that's exactly what was said at the presser. There are abrasions (scrapes) all along the left side of her body. I personally think she was drug across the carpet.

i think so also...i don't think she was taking a bath when DP came in the home that night...i think she was asleep in her bed clothes...i think that's what he took off of her & put in the bag....

This is a thought I have had for sometime in relation to Drew p and Ric Mims. We know Drew used people for various functions in this case. Tom M to help move the box/barrel because with his past he could be discredited. Steve C who seems to be manipulated very easily by Drew and just believes everything Drew says. His lawyer who backs up Drew's loose cannon behavior by being a loose cannon himself which totally takes the focus and credibility off the reasonable honest people that have come forward.
Then we have Ric Mims. Ric left Drew's house because he didn't like the accusations he was making about Stacy..Ric says he was making accusations about her being sexually promiscuious and Ric says he knew that wasn't true and he said there were other things Drew said about Stacy Ric knew weren't true.
Could it be that Drew knew Ric wouldn't beleive him, would leave and run his mouth about what was said..so Drew even planted some false leads in Rics' mind to throw the cops off. So far much of what Ric has said has not panned out. I don't think that was on purpose by Ric..but maybe planted by Drew.
Drew had thought about this I would say from atleast August on..if Stacy was really starting to get more frightened then there had to be a reason.
Drew had lots of time to figure out people he could count on to act, do or say certain things. I think Drew had this down to a science because besides Kathleen's murder there seem to be many casualities among Drew's family and friends.
So, even if he had not planned on killing her that day..he knew he was going to do it and I think that he had an action plan that got a little sidetracked when he found out at 2:30 AM Monday that Stacy had already been reported missing.

This is a thought I have had for sometime in relation to Drew p and Ric Mims. We know Drew used people for various functions in this case. Tom M to help move the box/barrel because with his past he could be discredited. Steve C who seems to be manipulated very easily by Drew and just believes everything Drew says. His lawyer who backs up Drew's loose cannon behavior by being a loose cannon himself which totally takes the focus and credibility off the reasonable honest people that have come forward.
Then we have Ric Mims. Ric left Drew's house because he didn't like the accusations he was making about Stacy..Ric says he was making accusations about her being sexually promiscuious and Ric says he knew that wasn't true and he said there were other things Drew said about Stacy Ric knew weren't true.
Could it be that Drew knew Ric wouldn't beleive him, would leave and run his mouth about what was said..so Drew even planted some false leads in Rics' mind to throw the cops off. So far much of what Ric has said has not panned out. I don't think that was on purpose by Ric..but maybe planted by Drew.
Drew had thought about this I would say from atleast August on..if Stacy was really starting to get more frightened then there had to be a reason.
Drew had lots of time to figure out people he could count on to act, do or say certain things. I think Drew had this down to a science because besides Kathleen's murder there seem to be many casualities among Drew's family and friends.
So, even if he had not planned on killing her that day..he knew he was going to do it and I think that he had an action plan that got a little sidetracked when he found out at 2:30 AM Monday that Stacy had already been reported missing.

I agree DD. The statement that "intelligence borders on insanity" seems to describe DP perfectly. He has a great criminal mind, but no matter how intelligent a person thinks they are there is always someone a little bit smarter that will bring them down!

The statement that "intelligence borders on insanity" seems to describe DP perfectly. He has a great criminal mind, but no matter how intelligent a person thinks they are there is always someone a little bit smarter that will bring them down!

It is a proven fact that high IQ'S border on the edge of "insanity". What makes a person's mind cross over to insanity is unknown. Maybe, it's that first full rage, like DP had with Kathy, and then it just lurks behind the "calm" until something triggers it again. In this case, it was Stacy saying "I'm leaving".

IMO, this is far more dangerous in the mind of a "police officer" who has been trained to look for clues in murders, etc., and then when they commit one, they have all the prerequisites to "think" they will get away with it.

IMO again, DP could have very easily gotten away if it wasn't for Cassandra's call that night. Since then, his mind has to be "breaking down" and thus his lies come out.

The statement that "intelligence borders on insanity" seems to describe DP perfectly. He has a great criminal mind, but no matter how intelligent a person thinks they are there is always someone a little bit smarter that will bring them down!

It is a proven fact that high IQ'S border on the edge of "insanity". What makes a person's mind cross over to insanity is unknown. Maybe, it's that first full rage, like DP had with Kathy, and then it just lurks behind the "calm" until something triggers it again. In this case, it was Stacy saying "I'm leaving".

IMO, this is far more dangerous in the mind of a "police officer" who has been trained to look for clues in murders, etc., and then when they commit one, they have all the prerequisites to "think" they will get away with it.

IMO again, DP could have very easily gotten away if it wasn't for Cassandra's call that night. Since then, his mind has to be "breaking down" and thus his lies come out.
No doubt Cassandra is a hero here....and brave at that. I don't think she realized that she could have been putting herself in harms way. Under different circumstances, if she had confronted D.P. alone and in person, she too would probably be dead.

I give her a lot of credit for being brave enough to call D.P. and confront him, and smart enough to do it over the phone.

I think Mark Fuhrman talked to the paster and learned more specifics about what Stacy told him. It's easy to understand now, if that's what Stacy told the pastor, how he believed she was telling him the absolute truth..........it's all these little details that really make it believable.

Also...........I wonder if Cassandra may have known? Stacy and Cassandra were close. At some point, perhaps this past summer when Stacy confided in the pastor, she may have also told Cassandra. Stacy had already told Cassandra some things, as Cassandra reported that Stacy had whispered to her that "if she went missing........." in the weeks prior to her disappearance, and knew that Stacy had gotten a new cell phone and was keeping it a secret from Drew. Cassandra knew from the moment she couldn't get a hold of Stacy on Oct. 28th that something was wrong and she searched all day and night. Cassandra knew Stacy's fears, and it's reasonable to believe that Cassandra knew more details than she's shared publicly.

--->>>Thanks ladies, got it.

DP is headed to the striped jail cell spa for a long long time. :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar lotsa friends for him there.

I am wondering IF IF Stacy told her sister this also to put even more pieces together for ISP?

Exactly - the noose is closing in for sure! :behindbar

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar :behindbar:behindbar

I personally can't wait!!!!!!! I am hoping SP has DP's bunk all ready for him. I'm sure they can keep each other company.

I'd be more pleased with the thought that they were both weighed down with weights into a canal somewhere though!

Just wondering here, I'm not a lawyer. But if what Mark Fuhrman has said is true - that is, Stacy lying in a statement to LE, wouldn't that be a crime (accessory after the fact to murder)? IF SO, then in essence Stacy confessed her crime to her pastor. Would that then be admissible? I realize it's hearsay, but then again, not twice removed hearsay. Could it come into evidence in the excited utterance exception? Stacy blurting out, "He did it," to the pastor in a frightened and scared state....say after the "accidental" discharge of Drew's weapon? He did say that she blurted it out and was frightened. Just wondering.....

sleuther:

This is being debated over on the Kathy Savio thread. Wish there were more "lawyers' and "prosecutor's" here on the WS!! LOL

I missed the first 15 - 20 minutes of Greta, and had to wait until the repeat broadcast here.

Some very important news from Mark Fuhrman. He said he wasn't comfortable going with this information last night until he had more corroboration. He said that he's learned that Stacy woke up and DP wasn't there. She searched through the house and then started calling him on his cell phone with no answer. Later she heard him downstairs. He was in the laundry room striping himself down and putting his clothing in the washing machine along with some woman's clothing. He told her that some policemen would be there in a few hours to talk to both of them and instructed her what to say.

Mark Fuhrman says the phone records from Nextell are very important. The panal discussed this and all agree that without the cell phone records there isn't a case. One thing that was noted is he (DP) had the motive - the property settlement and insurance he believed he was the beneficiary of, and that the relationship between DP and Kathleen was acrimonious; means - stalking Kathleen and access to her house. So his alibi is important. DP's alibi i is that he was at home and asleep next to his wife Stacy all night. If the Nextel phone records show that there were several calls that night from DP's home to his cell phone, it would show that he wasn't at home that night and his alibi is gone. So everything hinges on those records.
Thanks so much Leila! I watched Greta last night and was very impressed with what Mark said, and all the work he's doing on the case. I completely agree that the Nextel records are the key and they should've been gotten when Kathleen died, just as corroboration to what DP and Stacy told LE at the time. I'm hoping that someone gets them now and some justice can be done for Kathleen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus