Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone back in the first thread and it looks like it took place around 11-2, but haven't found the link to it yet. We were discussing it on the last page of the first thread tho.
Here's a link to a video that's still live.

It has Ric Mims proclaiming his friendship to DP, Anthony Cales (Stacy's dad) and a short clip of Bruce Zidarich and other..................

http://tinyurl.com/2juuaz

I have been wondering if the fight that morning was precipitated by the fact that Stacy was going to be with Bruce - a man. If I understood correctly, Cassandra wasn't going to go. Maybe he got into a jealous rage. Here she was going to go off with a guy to "paint" (which in his mind means have wild sex, of course) and he was going to have to babysit. Plus the fact that they were on the phone with each other for 20 minutes or more.

It also makes you wonder if he put the body somewhere near Bruce's house (she's where she wants to be)...
I don't doubt that DP got into a jealous rage but I still think getting rid of Stacy was something he was planning to do before she actually left him and then something happened that morning that put his plan into motion. I've also thought that statement he made about her being where she wants to be means her body is near someone's house who DP thought she was close to.

Oh, I definitely agree, Panthera, that he was going to get rid of her no matter what. That's what the gun through the ceiling was for, and maybe the blue trunks. but his rage got the better of him and he did it sooner than planned, IMO.

You would think so. But many times it doesn't. This all came up in the Crystal Brame investigation. The abuse and stalking was known in her husband's department. But nothing was done until after her death. Same thing with Ken Huber/Pamela Huber. And there are many other examples.

Law enforcement sometimes treat domestic violence crimes differently on the whole. Because the victim will sometimes be reluctant to press charges, they may actually offer protection to the abuser, they might even use DV as an excuse for retalitation. DV is a hard crime for LE to investigate. So sometimes they will look the other way or go easy on the suspect. (Watch COPS sometime) So when it happens to one of their own, knowing that it will affect the abuser's job, knowing that they themselves will have to pick up the workload- they sometimes find it easier to look the other way.

Extremely sad, but possibly true. However, even though you point out several examples, there are still thousands of LE agencies. I do hope this is a wake-up call for agencies to review their policies....maybe some good will come of all this.

Oh, I definitely agree, Panthera, that he was going to get rid of her no matter what. That's what the gun through the ceiling was for, and maybe the blue trunks. but his rage got the better of him and he did it sooner than planned, IMO.
I think that was his warning shot. Too coincidental to me that he'd just sent her down to the garage when the gun "accidentally" went off.

You are right on! The last thing an abused spouse wants to do is turn the people and family she loves against the abuser. That is just too embarrassing and is the last thing one does before a breakup. The fact that Stacy was starting to confide about Drew shows how serious she was to end it. Unfortunately, Drew was never going to let anyone end it with divorce and child support and all that goes with it. He was going to make sure if Stacy did not want to be with him anymore, she was not going to be with anyone else. JMHO

You are so right. He was never going to pay Stacy child support plus give her half of the assets PLUS PLUS PLUS let her get away with what she knew. He knew he was going to have to get rid of her. I think the errant bullet in August was the beginning. I don't think he actually planned it on the Sunday that she actually disappeared, but it was in the planning stages. He may have even picked a spot for the body dump. I think Cassandra's quick missing report really threw him off and I sure hope so. I hope he made mistakes because of it. I also think he didn't expect to have problems with the body - I mean he got Kathleen's in the tub, but I think the surprise of Sunday with the kids around and all meant that he needed help - couldn't be seen struggling with a barrel with the kids around. There was no way Stacy was going to get away alive - no way.

I think that was his warning shot. Too coincidental to me that he'd just sent her down to the garage when the gun "accidentally" went off.

Here's where I disagree. I believe the gun incident was supposed to be the real thing. I think he measured out the distances - and knew where he'd have to shoot to hit her downstairs. I think when it failed he knew he couldn't try that again - there's no way he could hide the first bullethole - investigators would know he'd shot through the floor before, and there's no way they would buy two accidental gun shots. Plus I doubt stacy would go get him another soda!!

So I think he put the murder on hold to think of an alternate way.

Here's where I disagree. I believe the gun incident was supposed to be the real thing. I think he measured out the distances - and knew where he'd have to shoot to hit her downstairs. I think when it failed he knew he couldn't try that again - there's no way he could hide the first bullethole - investigators would know he'd shot through the floor before, and there's no way they would buy two accidental gun shots. Plus I doubt stacy would go get him another soda!!

So I think he put the murder on hold to think of an alternate way.
Wasn't the shot off by about 9 feet though? I thought that's what Cassandra said. But if you're right, I think that was pretty stupid of him since Kathleen was found in her house and if he'd succeeded with killing Stacy there it would be more suspicious. I really think that he had to do this differently so he claims she ran off.

I heard it was one foot.

If it was 9 feet, then I agree it was a warning. One foot would make me believe he miscalculated by a bit and meant to hit her.

Does anyone know the actual number?

I heard 9 feet, too. However, the miscalculation on his part might have been that Stacy was either slower or quicker than he thought where she would have been at that moment.

I don't know of any 29 year veteran of the PD that has misfired his weapon at home. I feel it was on purpose and he would have said it was an "accidental death" once more. He knew right where that bullet would go...but Stacy wasn't where he thought.

It doesn't matter how far off he was, imo. He was supposed to have reported it legally. He didn't. I think it is because he could not have explained it at the time reasonably not to raise suspicions and it would have messed up his plans to get rid of Stacy later.

I heard it was one foot.

If it was 9 feet, then I agree it was a warning. One foot would make me believe he miscalculated by a bit and meant to hit her.

Does anyone know the actual number?
I heard Cassandra talking about it on Greta's program that was on last night. I might be wrong about the distance but that's what I thought she said. :)

I heard 9 feet, too. However, the miscalculation on his part might have been that Stacy was either slower or quicker than he thought where she would have been at that moment.

I don't know of any 29 year veteran of the PD that has misfired his weapon at home. I feel it was on purpose and he would have said it was an "accidental death" once more. He knew right where that bullet would go...but Stacy wasn't where he thought.

It doesn't matter how far off he was, imo. He was supposed to have reported it legally. He didn't. I think it is because he could not have explained it at the time reasonably not to raise suspicions and it would have messed up his plans to get rid of Stacy later.
I think it was on purpose too but I'm still not sure if he really wanted to kill her inside the house. To me, that would've made it even more suspicious with both wives dying in their homes and that's why I think he had to make it look like Stacy ran off. Another thing too if he'd hit Stacy with the gunshot then he'd be directly tied to her death.

I Like Delta Dawns thoughts about DP keeping track of where his wives were in order to do his own 'actrivities' without being caught.

I am wondering what the location in the master bedroom was when 'the' shot was fired? Also where was he when he requested Stacy go down and get a soda for him?

Did he make a fast transition from perhaps the bed 'near exhaustion with the heat' er, huh, to another specific spot to have his accidental purposeful 'mishap'?

I am also wondering IF IF DP was on track of Stacy at the truck stop when the haz mat driver had been in DP's way, and DP could not make a fast track in chasing Stacy, just a thought.

I Like Delta Dawns thoughts about DP keeping track of where his wives were in order to do his own 'actrivities' without being caught.

I am wondering what the location in the master bedroom was when 'the' shot was fired? Also where was he when he requested Stacy go down and get a soda for him?

Did he make a fast transition from perhaps the bed 'near exhaustion with the heat' er, huh, to another specific spot to have his accidental purposeful 'mishap'?

I am also wondering IF IF DP was on track of Stacy at the truck stop when the haz mat driver had been in DP's way, and DP could not make a fast track in chasing Stacy, just a thought.

I'd be interested in a floorplan of the house too to figure out where he would've been standing when the gun discharged compared to where she was in the garage. Good idea about the truck stop ~ more questions!!

The bullet missed Stacy by about a foot..IMO he was trying to kill her.

At the time, sources say, Stacy Peterson was in the garage getting a soda at the request of her husband. Drew Peterson was in the master bedroom above the garage when his gun fired. The bullet reportedly went through the floor and slammed into the concrete garage floor about a foot behind where the young mother was standing.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/drew.peterson.defense.2.608427.html

In the pics and video of inside of the garage, isn't that a fridge right off the door to the house? I wonder how many mishaps Stacy has had in the months before she disappeared?

At the time, sources say, Stacy Peterson was in the garage getting a soda at the request of her husband. Drew Peterson was in the master bedroom above the garage when his gun fired. The bullet reportedly went through the floor and slammed into the concrete garage floor about a foot behind where the young mother was standing.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/drew.peterson.defense.2.608427.html

I agree completely.

That couldn't be plainer. He knew exactly where to aim the gun. :banghead:

When is he going to be arrested? Surely there's enough circumstantial evidence to lock him up for a few days. right? What about the money he transferred to his son Steve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member