State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, its a good question because I dont think she would buy it. I just have a feeling she got it from somewhere. Many options though. steal from Gramps, steal from friends, steal from Gram, etc.

I just dont think she went out and bought a new one as she did not want to be on videos.

Think of where Jodi worked. I imagine she had to go into the kitchen at some point, wonder if those restaurants were missing any sharp knives? I would imagine Jodi has been stealing for a long time, she certainly has the sneaky behavior down pat. Plus, Dad owned restaurants.

Will the Defense do Closing Arguments on Thursday and our hero Juan on Friday?

Morning' :seeya:

Actually, the state goes first, then defense, then the state's rebuttal. And, since this is a death penalty case, the judge can allow a surrebuttal for the defense as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstatelawyer View Post
I still think the knife was a hunting knife. I have really good kitchen knives, and I keep them sharp. And I have to struggle to cut up a chicken. In my common experience, kitchen knives would make inflicting the kind of injuries JA inflicted on TA extremely difficult. I have to deduce she brought along a hunting knife. More premeditation.

My question brought over from the last thread...

If you smell smoke, it's just the gears turning in my head. I too am of the opinion that she likely used a hunting knife. Question is...where did she get it? Are DB or MM known hunters? When she was arrested and they found the knives in her rental car, didn't she say she had to return one to MM?

JMO

I don't know much about knives, but I've heard others speculate that, with her family having once been in the restaurant business, she may have had easy access to high quality knives.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013...ander-10-critical-crime-scene-evidence-photos

Photo of Travis with blood in neck area. No way his throat has been slit at this point because it would render his head position in this photo impossible. ME even testified to this yesterday without realizing it. I do not believe Travis was shot first,but I do believe his throat was not slit until she got him back in bathroom area. Her intent was to dismember him. She soon realized this was impossible, more than likely after she took a breather, realized how time consuming and strenuous that was going to be and noticed how much blood Travis had gotten on carpet,nothing something she could clean up.

Sorry for typos working on an iPad.

Maybe the picture is when she was actually slitting his throat. Maybe she was holding up his head by his hair and was beginning the slash wound. I think I also recall that there was a stab wound to his neck along with the slash to his neck. She may have been stabbing him in the neck during this photo also. The picture shows that blood was just beginning to pool on the floor. I would imagine that the slit to his throat would bleed quite a bit more than what is on the floor at that point in time.

IMO
I think she brought the knife with her for 2 main reasons.

1-She had a habit of slashing tires
2-She had kinves in the new rental car as she tried to make her getaway

So there is no doubt to me that she brought a knife with her. I hope someday the gun and knife are recovered from wherever she dumped them. Even if she burned evidence, the metal in the knives and gun would not disappear. They are somewhere out there.

What do we know about this: Did LE test the knife found in her car to determine if it may have been the one she used on Travis? Even if no blood or dna was found, she could have done a really, really good clean up job on it. I shudder to think what she was going to do with it and the gun. I mean, who hides those kind of things in their car anyway?

I've wondered what case the prosecution and police would have used, if Arias did not testify and lie so much in her story. Look how much of the prosecutor's case went to rebut her lies. So take that out and we have what?

What puzzles me about this trial, is that it has been 4 years in the making, and still the sequence of events are still somewhat blurred 4years and 4 months into the trial. I still think a lot of the forensic evidence is missing like the bloodied fibres that were found but not considered revelatory and remain untested.
Explanations of blood patterns like the aspirated blood on the bathroom mirror, and a clearer outline of events based on those patterns is missing from the evidence. Duct tape, hasn't been epxlained the confusion of the the two camera cards and who they belonged to and to which camera, remains a mystery because they are not interchangeable. The presence of blood on a possible cord used to upload images, has not been accounted Some photographs recovered from the cameras have not been revealed by the prosecutor, but why? What they might reveal? They can't get any worse surely? Detective Flores also gave JA ample time to dispose of, reorder and conceal further information. He tipped her off too soon.
So, for a few years in the making, the evidence isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are significant gaps in the forensic evidence, which is a little unusual especially when blood distribution clearly tells the story. And 4 years and 4 months later there we are still trying to work it out how it happened, and the prosecutor doesn't know, we don't know. The camera information was wrong wrt to the two sets of cards found. So whomever was talking one card, a different person talked about the other card. Do we know why they were entered into evidence by two separate people, and why that was? how were they collected? Is there a chain of custody, regarding these items? The forensics are not stellar.
But she admits to some things and deserves punishment, but I'm a bit concerned these things are left out.

I see no mystery regarding camera cards. As to why all photos on Travis' camera were not revealed, they were apparently not relevant to the murder. Does the jury need to see 90 more pictures of extraneous events, e.g., "Travis and friends playing volleyball"? (I made that up.)

The pictures show Travis' body, JA's body, and are date and time stamped. There is a bloody palm print of the defendant's mixed with the victim's blood. Her hair was found with blood at the scene. And then she admitted killing him.

As to the exact details of every minute of the night/day, how could anyone know without a secretly recorded video?

IMO, the prosecution has fully covered the bases. What could the fibers tell us? That someone tracked them out of the bedroom? Also, JM will pull the relevant pieces together in his closing statement.

Has anyone ever addressed the question of what Jodi did with the bloody clothes she was wearing when she brutally murdered Travis? There's no way she could have done the horrendous crime without being covered in blood. Or was she like Lizzy Borden and did it in the nude and then showered herself off?

What do we know about this: Did LE test the knife found in her car to determine if it may have been the one she used on Travis? Even if no blood or dna was found, she could have done a really, really good clean up job on it. I shudder to think what she was going to do with it and the gun. I mean, who hides those kind of things in their car anyway?

IDK the answer to your question, as I have not seen much related to the knives and gun found in the last rental car. I think the most I know is the mom called the Det and asked if they were found and subsequent to that call they were found?

Anyway, logically, my thoughts are that yes, they did some type testing etc to see if they had found the murder weapon. And they weren't. I would like to think that is the truth of the matter, but I am not sure since I do not know if they did.

K

Has anyone ever addressed the question of what Jodi did with the bloody clothes she was wearing when she brutally murdered Travis? There's no way she could have done the horrendous crime without being covered in blood. Or was she like Lizzy Borden and did it in the nude and then showered herself off?

The one picture with TA laying on the ground and his arms up show JA in pants and shoes. So, definitely not nude while doing the deed.

However, I do wonder now that I have gone back and listened to the testimony from the rental guy, is if she changed in the back seat or threw the clothes and weapons in the back seat. He said most of the 'kool aid' stains were concentrated in the back seat.

Depending on where her car was REALLY parked I guess it could be true. However, it was June, it was still daylight when she hit the road I doubt she was running through the neighborhood to a parked car somewhere covered in blood.

IMHO
K

It seems that yesterday they said that one of the roommates arrived about a hour or 1/2 hour or so after Jodi murdered Travis. Don't know if she knew that his arrival was imminent, but that would have made it quite the hurry-hurry operation. But I'm not sure of when she would have had time to put stuff in the laundry (which the pictures show as still having blood on them - did they even go through the cycle?) in that short of a time frame.

Wouldn't it be extremely creepy if JA was actually IN THE HOUSE when Enrique got home? What if she heard him pull up, hid, and then snuck out as soon as she had an opportunity? Who knows, but it's possible.

I don't think Enrique would have even noticed anything, like the washer and dryer running, etc., especially since he came and went through the front door, IIRC. And there's no way she parked in the driveway...

O/T a quick post about nothing. Saw that my number of posts was at 666 and could not leave it there!!! Now to post 667.

666 ! :eek: That would make make me shake like a chihuahua! :scared:

In other cases, we have heard how the ME can actually guess at the type of knife used like whether it had serrated edges or not. I was a little surprised there was not PA witness testimony that would describe the type of knife used.

I know they mentioned depth of wound a couple times, but I dont think they tried to establish the size and type of knife used. Maybe it did not matter, but it would have been interesting to hear about it. I am sure the jury is wanting that information too.

Well she wasn't nude because we can see in the picture of her dragging Travis that she had at least pants and socks on.

I have a feeling she changed out of the bloody clothes before she left the house and took them with her in a bag or something. She couldn't risk going out to her car and someone seeing her covered in blood.

I don't know much about knives, but I've heard others speculate that, with her family having once been in the restaurant business, she may have had easy access to high quality knives.

Perhaps. But now that someone has brought up the idea that it could have been a hunting knife, I'm having a hard time imagining that a kitchen knife of any kind could be sharp enough to inflict the neck wound such that it was. But I will be the first to admit I am no knife expert. In my experience, the kitchen knives I've used have not been nearly as sharp as a hunting knife or even my husband's Gerber tool blade (that thing is surprisingly sharp!).

Wait Becky. Are you at wwwwwwork or vvvvvvvvvvvvvvorking from home with a fixed keyboard? :floorlaugh:

Hi Gauntlet! Yes, I'm at wwwwwwork and I'm trying to catch up on all the wwwwwwork I've let slip because of my inability to stay away from WWWWWeb sleuths.

I'm trying to be a good girl by only popping back here every hour or so--and, in truth, that means I actually pop back here every half hour. But I guess that is the first baby step in what will likely be a 12-step program.

Oh! By the way, it is NOT snovving here today. Yay! In fact, today is the first day since last October when the temperature has been above 5 degrees Celsius. I hope that means Spring is finally starting, but I've probably just jinxed it by writing that. :seeya:

BBM

From everything we've seen of her, she not only has the memories of her slaughter/butcher/torture murder of Travis, she savors and revels in them.

I agree with this - she was not in any fog during or after her slaughter and she is not the least bit ashamed of what she did. The memories, kind of easy to tell she has them when you watch her during various testimonys - she can't help but flap her lips and shake her head. She knows, no hesitation to react to things she claims not to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01