State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what vibe I got, but I definitely got a strange vibe from JA's grandma. I know nothing about her, have no beef with her, but she didn't strike me as feeble as I read here and elsewhere. Maybe I just got a glimpse of her at the wrong moment. She gave me a sense that she isn't a weak woman. And the looks I saw on her face were tough for me to decipher. Either angry and aghast that her granddaughter could do this or..... ?
Anyone else?

yeah..me too.. the grandma appeared strange and hard to read. she did not seem feeble....yet she's in a wheelchair? how old is she? 65? she and jodi share a resemblance - i thought anyway. they have similar noses.

I think grandma fully supports Jodi, hence the purple ribbon she was wearing.

I'm not sure what vibe I got, but I definitely got a strange vibe from JA's grandma. I know nothing about her, have no beef with her, but she didn't strike me as feeble as I read here and elsewhere. Maybe I just got a glimpse of her at the wrong moment. She gave me a sense that she isn't a weak woman. And the looks I saw on her face were tough for me to decipher. Either angry and aghast that her granddaughter could do this or..... ?
Anyone else?

Rose, I realize Flores is not a medical man. However, he said Horn told him the shot was first. Flores even reported this in legal proceedings. Horn repeatedly denies ever speaking to Flores. I think Horn's written report is ambiguous and I question "who said what when." I don't expect Flores to have the medical expertise, but I find it difficult to believe that he "misunderstood."

I agree with you. I can see how this happened with Dr. Horn. He performs an average of 200-300 autopsies a year with the assistance of staff. He performed this autopsy almost 5 years ago. He is required to render an opinion based on his clinical judgement. Over time, that opinion may change slightly.

IMO, Detective Flores, the real Hero in all of this, is very detailed oriented and knows every aspect of the investigation. I think he could recite from memory all the details in this case. IMO, the DT was trying to poke holes in the investigation conducted. They did not succeed.

If the DT truly thought that the manner of death was different than what was testified to, they would have spent more tax payer money on it. They did not see the need. That should say something. JMV

I think Judge Stephens is erring on the side of caution to prevent the defense from trying to claim that they were not allowed to present a fair case, or to give them any other reason for appeals or a call for a mistrial.
I think that is more important than speeding through this mess-even though it seems like it has been going on forever.

I can't remember any case I've ever read/heard about that is less likely to be overturned on appeal.

I think Judge Stephens is erring on the side of caution to prevent the defense from trying to claim that they were not allowed to present a fair case, or to give them any other reason for appeals or a call for a mistrial.
I think that is more important than speeding through this mess-even though it seems like it has been going on forever.

Jodi Arias on the stand for 18 days, mostly talking about her sexual
activities..... Alyce laViolette on the stand for a week+ talking about
domestic violence, most of which was anecdotal and not in any way related to the killer.... Is overkill by any one's standards... It's been ridiculous IMO.

Jodi lies so effortlessly, thank goodness her lies are dumb as hell.

I think grandma fully supports Jodi, hence the purple ribbon she was wearing.

Oh the heck with it....I debated being politically correct, but I'm just gonna say it.
Grandma gave me the heebeejeebies. She gave me the creeps. For real.

With respect, the only place an actual shoe print definitively presents itself is on the 2nd last image (ie the still for the video).

Where you indicate a shoelace in the 2nd last photo taken of Travis, it's just the background blurring into the natural line of the tile join. Either there is a bit of blood creating a similar illusion, or it is the actual tile join. One or the other I would have thought. Jodi is wearing socks in this instance, as indicated by the photograph. And the photo subsequent to that image, you indicate that it's a shoelace. I would have to say, "Why not go with the prosecutions theory?". It seems clear to me that it's blood running down Travis' shoulder, I don't understand the need to question that.

I'm sorry, but I still can't envisage where you see a footprint on Travis' autopsy photo. I have a feeling you are confusing the dried blood which has the marginal resemblance to a foot print. But I would say, have a look at the comparative size of the fingers in-shot, and you can clearly see it's not of foot shape or size.

Also, and this is just an aside. No offense intended, but why the severely cut-off/squared-off outlines to the foot impressions on the carpet? What type of shoes are we thinking about here? I'm not sure I get it.

No offense taken. We're all in the same boat here, just trying to figure things out without high-definition photos or input from the people we'd like to ask.

I certainly could be mistaken. On most of the photos I put a question mark. I would have gone wrong sooo many times here without other posters' corrections. But when your only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail. ;)

Isn't that too far away from the tile join to make a line there? Even if the camera lens curves, it doesn't curve that much, does it? It happens to be shaped like a shoelace tip. Which might just be coincidence.

ScreenShot2013-04-27at93758AM_zps037b48e3.png

The severely squared off outlines were just to keep the lines far enough away from the actual shoeprint that you could see the shoeprint itself. Otherwise you couldn't see the real outline. This software doesn't make curved lines, just straight lines, and this isn't artwork for the Smithsonian like JA's but just an indicator of where to look.

Shoes like these were popular in 2007-8 but the basic shoe never goes out of style. This is from a current Land's End catalog:

ScreenShot2013-04-27at110534AM_zpsd6661260.png

The crime scene evidence shoeprint has 2 or more hexagons under the toe bed and a circle with a logo farther back. Like reading tea leaves, I thought I could 'see' the same artifacts in the autopsy photo. My most profound apologies for an embarrassing mistake if it isn't so. (I'm not always a total klutz. I did figure out (finally!) what part of the hallway that last photo was snapped from. Waiting for Wilsodh to confirm it and give his blessings.)

ScreenShot2013-04-27at104152AM_zps3c9a73da.png

ScreenShot2013-04-27at100132AM_zps2a876063.png

The autopsy photo is of the right torso. If those aren't footprints, what are they and why are there so many of them? Questions, questions.

The fact that she drove all that way for the (according to JA) sole purpose of seeing Laura and the new baby, but never connecting with her, was a pivotal piece of info to me, and I mean a massive "aha" moment. I think Juan needs to make a big point of this. He did not "highlight" this strongly in his CIC or rebuttal.

Who drives 5 hours to see someone without a mutual plan to meet? And when she didn't connect with Laura, she just left after an hour in Pasadena? To me, that proves the Laura story was a sham, that she intended to drive to Mesa all long. it cemented premeditation for me.

<snipped>

She also said, I believe it was to Flores the during interrogations, that she hadn't talked to Laura in many months, that was my Ah ha moment that driving to southern California to see her was a lie.

Jodi Arias on the stand for 18 days, mostly talking about her sexual
activities..... Alyce laViolette on the stand for a week+ talking about
domestic violence, most of which was anecdotal and not in any way related to the killer.... Is overkill by any one's standards... It's been ridiculous IMO.

Yea she is taking the fear of appeal way too far. Not only has she let the DT spend countless days wasting time with meaningless questioning...ie, going over and asking the same thing a thousand different ways, she has also ended court early quite a few times when she shouldn't have. For instance, the day someone in the gallery threw up...she ended court for the day. Who does this??? Why not a short recess and get it cleaned up.. Any other place of employment or school setting would handle it that way. It was ridiculous. Also the number of sidebars has been waaaaay out of control. Every single objection by the defense has resulted in a side bar. There is absolutely no reason for that.

I hoping someone might know the answer to this:

Once JA is convicted, does she return for the penalty phase in her street clothes or will she be wearing her jail garb and shackles?

Just a guess but the A/c was on, the doors were closed and thusly the bathroom was acting like a "negative pressure" room. As long as the air flow was venting outward and the over-all ambient temperature was low, the decomposition effects would be somewhat minimized.

IMO.

As an HVAC mechanic, I can verify that leaving the ac on would indeed chill a room, but having a closed door would not create a negative pressure. Even if all the doors were sealed air tight (which they are not) if anything it would cause a positive pressure forcing smells out.
That said, there was likely no difference in pressure berween the bedroom and other rooms, air will leak under and through cracks in doors. Bedroom doors are not typically sealed tight like an exterior door.

Thats the HVAC lesson for the day. Haha :seeya:

This might be a silly question but do you think it might affect the outcome some for sentencing? Is being stabbed 29 times then shot less cruel or just as cruel as being shot then stabbed? Would he have felt the same degree of horror/pain regardless of what came first?

If she is convicted, the DT will probably argue that since the gunshot actually did come last, it should be considered the TRUE cause of death and she should be given a light sentence since it was a mercy killing.

Eidetic memory. My husband has one. He can recall, verbatim, everything he's ever heard or read with no effort whatsoever. It makes trying to argue with him infuriating. :)

I can only imagine :facepalm: !
I always wondered if JM had children, because it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get anything past him !

:seeya: Could the shoe prints be from the roomies when they found Travis?

-or-

Since Jodi had her "ninja story" in her back pocket, maybe she put on a pair of shoes and walked around to make it appear there were 2 people?

No offense taken. We're all in the same boat here, just trying to figure things out without high-definition photos or input from the people we'd like to ask.

I don't understand JW why, with all of her years of experience, she does not understand decorum in a murder trial. Smiling and laughing are demeanors that are in direct conflict with the gravity of the case; it's almost as if she is diminishing serious nature of murder. It may be subconscious on her part when she first begins questioning a witness, yet it speaks volumes to people observing her.

She does this over and over again with numerous witnesses and then again with her client.

The only time that I have seen JM smile or laugh is when court is no longer in session yet the camera is still rolling.

I am not a fan of JW's approach during this trial but I cannot EVEN imagine what it has been like to have JA as a client. I think we have seen glimpses of her kind of losing it in court. I really hope she takes a long break after this trial to just relax and regroup.

Yea she is taking the fear of appeal way too far. Not only has she let the DT spend countless days wasting time with meaningless questioning...ie, going over and asking the same thing a thousand different ways, she has also ended court early quite a few times when she shouldn't have. For instance, the day someone in the gallery threw up...she ended court for the day. Who does this??? Why not a short recess and get it cleaned up.. Any other place of employment or school setting would handle it that way. It was ridiculous. Also the number of sidebars has been waaaaay out of control. Every single objection by the defense has resulted in a side bar. There is absolutely no reason for that.

I think the Judge did not want arguing objections in open court, which is why if the objection is ruled on, and either party disagrees with the judge, they have to approach.

I think it was Dr Kevorkian who advocated organ harvesting instead of lethal injection. A Dr must be the one who administers the drugs and pronounces the deceased. So, why not allow the condemned the ability to at least one final act of repentance by donating?

ETA..... I'm 100% against the DP in any case.

Anyone else?

back in the olden days she was quite feisty!

pic.twitter.com/yRbMab3reL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member