State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this jury is smart. They will put it together. Det. Flores asked her what she was thinking when she left Travis' home. She said she ws afraid. No fog. This buiness about the fog is not an issue for me. An excuse not to testify to facts. She was not in a fog when she left her home after planning his murder. The only fog she encountered was passing through San Fransisco. I wonder what Travis had on her. He said she had 24 hours to come clean about something he found out otherwise he would tell everyone including her parents.

Maybe he was talking about her hooking.

Just sayin'

Inch to mile...

They will do anything and everything that JSKS allows them to.

I actually like JSS, think she's done a good job in this trial. I know lots think she could have done better, but her priority is to see this trial to the end and make sure an appeal court doesn't overturn a guilty verdict.

The DT in this case are the ones who've created all the delays, motions for mistrial because they don't like the colour of JM's tie LOL, their client has a "headache" every week, putting on experts who clearly lie for their client (and if we know those experts are lying you can bet the DT knows they're lying and that is something the Arizona Bar might be interested in).

I hate this DT.

Oh the heck with it....I debated being politically correct, but I'm just gonna say it.
Grandma gave me the heebeejeebies. She gave me the creeps. For real.

Lol, say it like you mean it girl. She looked like she would be the type to pull a metal spoon and hit you with it, to hell with a wooden one. Yes, creepy looking lady.

Geffner all day long "until we finish", to quote JSKS.

After all DT witnesses, we know he will be on the stand for at least 5 hours. JM is quick and to the point, I do think he will be quick and precise.

Did JM get to depose Dr. G or does he have to wing it. I don't understand a surrebuttal with a new witness I do understand bringing the same witness back, but now a new one. Please help me understand this procedure.

Did Dr. G evaluate JA, if so when?
Does Dr. G rely entirely on RS and ALV notes?
Does JM get to read his report?

I'm so at a loss on this, I do not understand. It's akin to being sucker punched for the Prosecution. I'm sure JM will do a wonderful job but that doesn't make it right.

Both sides had years to go over info from the experts. How do we know that this new expert was not in the picture for the DT for years? To pull this rabbit out of the hat at the 11th hour seems unfair and deceitful to me.

I'm flabbergasted.

Any chance organ topic can be under a different thread :please:

Maybe we could split up the "1000 places" list and spend the next couple of years sending her postcards from them all! We can keep a running checklist in the forum.

Or is that mean? :drumroll:

:lol: Count me in!

I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading and posting on here with all of you! Even on a bad day, you guys/gals are here to cheer us up!
You all are so creative with your screen names! Makes me smile. I don't know how you come up with all of them! I just wanted you to know that I can't do roller coasters and cruises so can I have something on my list a little more tame such as a nice slow gondola ride down an exotic river?

What’s Wrong With Dr. Geffner?

Though Dr. Geffner has some pretty hefty credentials he also has some serious issues having been impeached in some court cases. Check it out:

1. His background is impressive, he is the Founder and President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, California. He has been a researcher and consultant for 28 years and has presented over 450 key note speeches.

2. Now the bad news- for him: (This info is from a comment made by ‘Nancy B’ on the ‘My Crime Time’ blog). Regarding the Case of Cyndie O’Rourke v. James O’Rourke the court found Dr. Geffner to be nothing more than a ‘hired gun’ for the Mother in this case. This was a divorce/custody case where the Father prevailed. Apparently the MMPI test found ‘maladaptive personality traits’ in the Mother and Dr. Geffner challenged the use of the MMPI test and even went on to recommend that the Mother file ethics complaints against the other mental health professionals in the case.He felt he was the expert and the others were out of their expertise. (Nancy B. shares a link for info. on the ‘My Crime Time’ blog). This indicates to me he will most likely imply the MMPI test is not valid in this case and Dr. Demarte doesn’t have the credentials that he does and her opinion is therefore inadequate.

3. Dr. Geffner testified that he no longer treats patients but devotes all his time to consulting work related to his specialty. He has been an expert witness in a number of cases in different jurisdictions. Though he has testified in a great number of cases he stated that he did not remember very much about the facts of those cases.

4. In a Texas case; Clark v. Collins, 956 F.2d 68 (5th Circuit 1992) the court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility, in part because it was based on hearsay information supplied by the defendant’s attorney with no independent verification. (Sound like any defense attorneys we know who believe everything their client says?)

5. The court also excluded the Dr.’s testimony in Hawaii v. French, 129 P.3d 581 (Hawaii 2006) involving allegations of child sexual abuse.

6. In State v. Supulvado, 655 So.2d 623 (La. App. 1995) the court limited most of his testimony as he relied mostly on the information supplied by the defendant and he testified about effects of brain damage on emotional functioning though he is not a medical doctor.

7. So I dug a little more and found this:

Strickland v. Washington, 466 U.S. 668, 687, 104 S.Ct. 2052, 2064, 80 L.Ed.2d 674 (1984). “[C]ounsel is strongly presumed to have rendered adequate assistance and made all significant decisions in the exercise of reasonable professional judgment. Id. at 690, 104 S.Ct. at 2066.

22 The state trial court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility for three reasons: (1) the evaluation, which makes conclusions as to Clark’s conduct in 1987, was conducted five years later, in 1992; (2) Dr. Geffner did not review the court records or a transcript of the trial testimony; and (3) Dr. Geffner relied upon records from Clark’s childhood in Pennsylvania, with no records since 1976, and upon hearsay information supplied by Clark’s attorneys, with no independent verification of the information, and interviews with Clark. The state court further found that, even if credible, Dr. Geffner’s affidavit does not support a conclusion that Clark was either incompetent or insane at the time of the murders, or that he did not act deliberately within the meaning of the first special issue.

8. Oh, and did I mention he was an editor for Alyce LaViolette?

Should be a field day for Mr. Martinez!

http://mixedbagblog.com/2013/04/26/whats-wrong-with-dr-geffner/

After all DT witnesses, we know he will be on the stand for at least 5 hours. JM is quick and to the point, I do think he will be quick and precise.

Did JM get to depose Dr. G or does he have to wing it. I don't understand a surrebuttal with a new witness I do understand bringing the same witness back, but now a new one. Please help me understand this procedure.

Did Dr. G evaluate JA, if so when?
Does Dr. G rely entirely on RS and ALV notes?
Does JM get to read his report?

I'm so at a loss on this, I do not understand. It's akin to being sucker punched for the Prosecution. I'm sure JM will do a wonderful job but that doesn't make it right.

Both sides had years to go over info from the experts. How do we know that this new expert was not in the picture for the DT for years? To pull this rabbit out of the hat at the 11th hour seems unfair and deceitful to me.

I'm flabbergasted.

OH YES-Juan get to depose him.that is why there is a delay in the trail.They are stupid for putting him on!!

Sleuthers Guide to Trial-watching and making your significant other believe you've done some housework:

1. Hair dryers can be used on the bathroom floor and countertops to blow away floor debris to the corner. Who looks there, anyway?

2. Random squirts of bleach in the shower can permeate throughout the house, in an attempt to have that 'just scrubbed' smell.

3. Grabbing folded clothes from the dresser and displaying them on the couch LOOKS like you just did laundry.

4. A mop and bucket displayed in the center of the kitchen gives the perception that you just mopped.

5. White flour sprinkled on your shirt will give the impression that you just made the pizza.

Not that I've done ALL of these ...

LOVE this list! I have actually used a few of these for various sloth-hiding reasons...namely #s 2 and 4. :blushing:

I have also stooped to running scented dryer sheets over the bedding before making beds to buy myself another day before I have to wash them. I am not proud. :facepalm:

Lemon Pledge hastily wiped over the furniture actually IS cleaning, but the lemon scent scores some extra clean points for the crap you didn't do.....

He did not use a straight razor, according to both the picture and the testiphony of the lying torture-murderess.

Ergo, absent the photographic evidence, we would have concluded that he did use a straight razor.

When JA was talking about the pic and Travis shaving, I thought she was trying to say he used a shaving brush and soap to lather his face (by the hand/arm motions she made while saying it), using an old-fashioned way to lather his face, not that he used a straight razor to shave it with.

Think I've seen him around town, this Geffner dude, who I'm probably going to end up disliking, intensely disliking if he supports stalker killer Arias and her lies about domestic violence.

iirc, that would be Wednesday. You will have a whole other day of usual things :). I have to work on Wednesday but I am off on Thursday, work Friday (ugh). I wish it were the other way around, I could do with not listening to JW or Nurm and just listening later. That's not the way it will be, I will be here to hear the DT and miss Juan :(.

I'm with you ... I reeeeaaaalllly do NOT want to listen to JW's direct examination of this witness. It is going to so painful ... loooonnggg and drawn out. I am going to be throwing things at my computer. :banghead: Her voice is so irritating and she seems to be quite the little narcissist herself. I don't think Nurmi will do the questioning (not sure) ... but, if that's the case, I refuse to suffer through it .... nuh uh, no way, no how.

But I am kinda thinking that I have to listen (even with one ear) ... just so I can enjoy the masterful cross-examination of JM. Guess I will make the call when it's all going down. I will have gained some strength and might be a tad more resilient come Wednesday :)please:) . Until then, .... I'm just hangin' on by a thread .... :HHJP: la la la la ... la la ... la la la

If she is not worrying she is an idiot. I personally thought she was looking worried on Thursday (or whenever the last court date was).

So did I. I think when she saw those pictures again maybe she realized, hey, I am not getting out of this. jmo

While i totally get the sentiment of sending Jodi postcards. I want to strongly discourage
you. She may be in prison but her fan base / visitors wont be. You would have to disclose your legal name and complete address on the card/letter. This woman is dangerous and without a conscience. If found guilty that has to be enough. Let the murderer alone.
Jodi will continue to manlipuate and rack up victims. That is who she is and what she does.

You cause misery by ignoring her. Once the verdict jodi and i are breaking up for good.
I no longer care what she says or does and that goes for any of her minions too.

I made that speculation. :seeya: I think Travis used a straigh razor. moo

In one of the crime scene photos, there is a shaving brush on the sink vanity.

But, now I believe she got a knife from DB or MM.

I found a pic of TA shaving. Some speculated that he used a straight razor. In this pic you can see he used what looks like a disposable razor.

I made that speculation. :seeya: I think Travis used a straigh razor. moo

In one of the crime scene photos, there is a shaving brush on the sink vanity.

But, now I believe she got a knife from DB or MM.

She already had a knife. The one she used to cut the tires. That would have to be a sharp one to cut through rubber. jmo

JA continues to eff with everyone getting donovan to tweet this carp:

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 31m
I'm working on a little project that is going to help support domestic violence shelters.I'm hoping it'll be off the ground this coming week

ETA: that tweet made today, 4 days before Geffner takes the stand. LMAO too pathetic!

food.jpg
Or at least 'till JA has to catch the bus to make it back in time for din dins. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa