State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder whether she messed up by reverting from her 'original' plan. I think she initially planned to sneak in and kill him immediately, and then jump in her car and drive to Utah. If she had done that, she might not have been caught. There would have been no DNA, no blood of hers, and no timestamped pictures, and her alibi of a road trip to Utah might have held up if she was only a couple of hours late.

I think her obsession with Travis made it impossible for her to follow through with her original plan. JMO

Yes, that and Zach, who was at home and would have heard a gunshot. I think this lends to her not knowing the patterns of his roommates and lends to Travis NOT telling her if anyone would be there. And it makes sense because these roommates hardly seemed to communicate with each other.

But, as I said in another post, if shooting Travis and leaving was her goal, she could have achieved this when Zach left, and she still wouldn't have been 24 hours late to Utah.

That's interesting about Santa Cruz, since it becomes apparent that there's some "WE" people involved with her going and being there.

Where did Gus live again?

Jodi said on the stand that she met Matt and his friend at the Red Room bar. There's a bar with that name in Santa Cruz, but not in Salinas. She also said they went to karaoke and then to the home of MM's friend's parents for the night.

Also us folks using Tapatalk versus being up at computer, are unable to find our way back to where we were reading if we respond to a post or want to post something! It isn't like being on the computer. So a lot of times with my phone I will respond .. leaving the original just so I can get back to my original reading spot.

otherwise, it is almost impossible to easily and quickly get back to where you were reading if you are using Tapatalk.

Hth

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The same thing happens on my iPad. Does it not happen on a PC? That is one reason I don't reply as often as I might want. :seeya:

That's the part I'm listening to now. Did you hear JM ask her what time she got up after staying the night at MMs and she said before Jack went to school?

Isn't Jack DB's son?

Yes, that's Darryl's son. What do you think the significance of these times are?

She didn't give JM a specific time, just that she wanted to get there before Jack went to school. Jack didn't testify, so I don't know if Jack really saw her. And I thought Darryl's ex-wife had custody of this boy. Why is he getting Jack ready for school? Darryl lives in Jack's school district as that Jack can take a bus or did Darryl have to drive Jack to school?

Who do you think was in Redding that traveled with her to St. Cruz?

Jodi said on the stand that she met Matt and his friend at the Red Room bar. There's a bar with that name in Santa Cruz, but not in Salinas. She also said they went to karaoke and then to the home of MM's friend's parents for the night.

The parents are in Monterrey? Because on cross, it sounds like she's describing them all going to Monterrey.

I'm guessing you got this information from direct? I'll admit direct put me to sleep every time........

GEEVEE :seeya:

The Klingman cell phone tower related to JA's calls to TA after she'd slaughtered him. Sorry for the confusion.

"Citizen testified about calls made to Travis Alexander's phone on the day he was killed.

Martinez focused on two of four calls Arias made to Alexander's phone, with the knowledge that he was already dead.

At 11:37 p.m. Arias called Alexander, and left a voice message telling him she got lost on her road trip to Utah and drove 100 miles in the wrong direction and would tell him about that later.

Arias then invites Alexander out for a show, again knowing he is dead.

“When we were talking about your upcoming travels my way, I was looking at the May calendar...duh? So I'm all confused. But Heather and I are going to see Othello on July 1st, and we would love for you to accompany us."

At 11:53 p.m. Arias calls again, this time the call lasted 16 minutes.

Citizen testified the maximum message that can be left on a Verizon phone is three to five minutes.

Citizen then testified the 16-minute call was someone accessing Alexander's voice mail.

Mesa police Detective Larry Gladysh told jurors that police were able to trace the cell signal to a tower north of Kingman.

"The caller would have been about 27 miles south of the Nevada border," he said.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ial-focuses-on-cell-phone-usage#ixzz2Rn7m05pY

BBM

Does anyone know if the police find any voicemails on TA's phone or had JA erased them all?

It does seem plausible but why would she not throw them under the bus? Why wouldn't the DT go down that road. They could have concocted some crazy excuse such as, JA wanted to confront TA but was afraid for her life and X and Y were there for support and things got out of hand, or some such nonsense.

I think she did this alone. Did MM and DB know about the plan? Maybe, I find that more credible at this stage. If they admit to it, then that is would be conspiracy I believe for them and if she tells, it's premeditation for her. So, no one says a word.
BBM: I don't think there was a "them" unless you include JA in part of that grouping. As for why she didn't throw "him" under the bus, it's just like JM mentioned several times, "MM is the one who would never betray you", and she agrees to that. JA is so convinced she has this under control, there is no need to bring in a counterpart and blow her self defense theory. And if she is found guilty, in her mind, it is she who will be famous and rich as a result of that. JMHO of course.

Did they ever say why there was no tracking feature on the rental car

She didn't buy one. Flores tried to lead her to believe there was one in there even though she didn't ask for one.

I think there were certain things Juan decided weren't worth pursuing. We don't really know why she lied about the phone (we suspect blackmail), but he wouldn't be able to prove it, and therefore on its surface doesn't seem to be a lie directly related to the murder and premeditation.

He's done this with a few things, and I think it was smart. If he attempted to debunk EVERY lie, she'd still be on the stand. He chose his battles wisely IMO.

This is why I to laugh at the HLN talking heads who claimed Juan "keeps getting stuck in the weeds."

:crazy:

The TH got all upset that Martinez allowed Jodi to testify on cross that she shot Travis first. How could he let her go against what he told the jury in his Opening? He told them she stabbed him first...

I think it was brilliant. He let her box herself into a story he could completely decimate on rebuttal.

I don't think Juan will let them forget it.

So True. I'm sure he will include that in his closing statements while he is counting one by one each stab, slash and gunshot-while he is presenting the autopsy photos.

Yes, that's Darryl's son. What do you think the significance of these times are?

She didn't give JM a specific time, just that she wanted to get there before Jack went to school. Jack didn't testify, so I don't know if Jack really saw her. And I thought Darryl's ex-wife had custody of this boy. Why is he getting Jack ready for school? Darryl lives in Jack's school district as that Jack can take a bus or did Darryl have to drive Jack to school?

Who do you think was in Redding that traveled with her to St. Cruz?

Did DB maybe have Jack for visitation on that day? I think DB testified he and his wife shared custody, though why it was important for JA to throw in "before Jack went to school" who knows? Wait a minute!

OK this might sound crazy.....but here's my theory.....it just came to me.

JA has something on DB, I've always believed that since hearing him testify and his fear of answering JM's questions honestly. I think JA threw in that "before Jack went to school" as a veiled threat to DB, who IMO JA has something with which to blackmail him and that something is big enough for him to lose custody and visitation rights. Why else would it be important for her to throw in the "before Jack went to school"? Who would care other than DB.....and DB's ex-wife?

If someone was travelling with her from Redding to Santa Cruz, could it have been her sister who drove her to Redding from Yreka?

I think my curiosity is related to JM's emphasis on the time in the photo and on the Walmart receipt... I guess I will just have to wait to his closing argument to have it explained....

I am watching it right now the video from this past week.

exhibit number 237.008 was the walmart receipt at 3:22 p.m.. the first of the photos that he showed of her in the car with the dark hair was taken at 2:25 p.m. 2:12 p.m. and 2:28 p.m.

Her hair was dyed before she went to Walmart. so if we are to believe that she had just finished dying her hair is part of the pre meditation, the gas cans would be continuing of the pre medication.

Lol, that now put to bed the discussion we have for so very long if she bought hair dye at Walmart.

During showing these photos he compared them to exhibit 415 of her with her dog and exhibit number 452 with her sister. Both of these she had the Auburn or light brown color around her face in highlights. so this disputes ja saying that the last time she had colored her hair was in May before the pictures with her sister and the dogs were taken iirc. its her hair color in that car photos looks just the same dark brown color as her sister's hair did.!

I still don't understand why it wasn't pointed out by either the defense or the prosecution whether it was the SAME phone, or verifying it was indeed as Gus and Jodi testified, and it was a new phone. Minimally, having the exif data on the back may have shown different/same serial numbers on the picture on the exhibit information in court.......... hmmmmmmmmm.

With all of the video from target during the Anthony trial, I always wondered why there was no Walmart video.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Did DB maybe have Jack for visitation on that day? I think DB testified he and his wife shared custody, though why it was important for JA to throw in "before Jack went to school" who knows? Wait a minute!

JA has something on DB, I've always believed that since hearing him testify and his fear of answering JM's questions honestly. I think JA threw in that "before Jack went to school" as a veiled threat to DB, who IMO JA has something with which to blackmail him and that something is big enough for him to lose custody and visitation rights. Why else would it be important for her to throw in the "before Jack went to school"? Who would care other than DB.....and DB's ex-wife?

If someone was travelling with her from Redding to Santa Cruz, could it have been her sister who drove her to Redding from Yreka?

Also IIRC, DB denied seeing MM that day. Does JA claim they saw each other, I can't remember? Interesting that DB denies seing him.

Could be about Darryl because we all know (Sluethers here, that is) that those penis pictures belonged to Darryl, not Travis. I'm not saying they are connected with it, but I'm sure there's stuff Darryl wants to protect his son, who means everything to him it seems, from.

They could have had shared custody, but I'm thinking Darryl had to take Jack to school or his mom picked him up, unless I guess Darryl lived in the school district. He did say he'd moved there to be close to his son, so maybe he got a place in the school district.

I don't know about that being her sister. What would have happened to this sister along the way?

BBM~ Let's try to decipher. What has Jodi won? The ultimate power imo. even after killing Travis' she still needs to have control of everything.

If it wasn't her running the show, this trial would be over.

It's not to address directly your conversations, I have been reviewing her police interviews and found it interesting how she painted a picture to police that if she "had" been guilty of murder, she would be remorseful.

Obviously her only remorse is getting caught (to me). I don't think she ever regretted killing Travis, so for me, I am not sure if she could experience a guilty conscience...I think she is glad to this day he is gone. She won something in her sick mind. Just my opinion, and that is why she deserves DP.

BBM~ Let's try to decipher. What has Jodi won? The ultimate power imo. even after killing Travis' she still needs to have control of everything.

If it wasn't her running the show, this trial would be over.

You're right.

She has a need to control, to be right, and to offer herself "outs" or excuses for everything. It's truly maddening. Her personality is a lot like ALV's. That's why their testimonies took so long. Jodi lives in a world of grey. Nothing can be black or white for her, which means there's never an answer because of all of her supporting "outs" that make a definitive answer impossible. And when she gets backed into a yes or no, it's "I guess...." or "I don't know" or "at that time, yes." so nerve-wrecking.

?
Nothing that happened back then woukd be enough for DB to lose custody now. His ex could take it to court but it would get thrown out without proof. People bring this up a lot but as this was 8 years ago a court would have about extremely hard time doing anything now without hard proof that something that was wrong. Thats saying if she is even the type to drag him to court over something that hypothetically happened 8 years ago.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

She called Ryan on Jun3 from Pasadena to say she was on her way.

Her cell phone died and she "loses" charger. imo She turned off her cell phone off so she can't be traced in AZ.

"Distance between Salt Lake City, Utah (UT) and Pasadena, California (CA)

How many miles? 680 Miles / 1094 Km
How many hours? This take 9 hours 28 mins"

Ryan, being patient, waits for Jodi I would imagine, then Jodi contacts him after the killing in NV (maybe?) and says she got lost. He has no other reason to not believe her, because he did not know she was pathological liar yet. imo

What I have to admit that I am bothered by is WHY did she tell Ryan that she was on the way?

If I recall correctly, she called Ryan before she called Travis for that last time. I'm thinking that she'd decided not to go through with her plan, but contacting Travis and not getting the response she wanted, she decided she was going through with it but didn't call Ryan back.

I just don't know. I'm confused by that.

ETA--maybe I'm going to Wendy's.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member